Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Can we all step back and see how ridiculous or scummy Tt's plan of taking all the items is when he can only identify one item per night?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

merk posted:

Can we all step back and see how ridiculous or scummy Tt's plan of taking all the items is when he can only identify one item per night?

Hey merk did you get any flavor last night about being targeted for a nightkill or protect?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Like, did you have any special reason for thinking someone protected you beyond no nightkill + I targeted you?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

merk posted:

i don't see why you think it's scummy

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Some flavor saying I thought I was going back to my room to die. All the lights were off.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

The Ninth Layer posted:

Did you know it's possible to target a player without night killing them?

I acknowledge it is possible. It would be very unlikely given the lack of NK, however.

The Ninth Layer posted:

They claimed because they're dumb. I was not interested in pursuing their claim rabbit hole and didn't care one way or the other what they had to say because I was suspicious of you at the time.

Again back to defending what was actually a pretty throwaway post at the time meant to cite my main point that Diqnol was trying too hard to look like busy town.

This isn't a defense.

The Ninth Layer posted:

- First suspicion of the game and I didn't push it for very long. Still upset about it though I see.
- Meaningless.
- Again it was a stressful day. Maybe you think I'm lying about that too?
- Why vote for someone who isn't getting lynched today?

This is the very first time you actually tried to mount a defense to all of the things I was saying to you, except oddly enough, your first response has absolutely nothing to do with my first point, I don't care about your second response because it's you agreeing that it's true and instead attacking the nature of such an observation, your third response is literally only responding to the fact that you acted outraged and is a plea to the empathy centers of the brain rather than an actual defense, and the fourth point is extra super poo poo because there have been a lot of people calling me scum today.

My point 4 reinforces my point 3, you silly silly boy. It suggests you never thought I was scum.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

merk posted:

Some flavor saying I thought I was going back to my room to die. All the lights were off.

Okay. No specific flavor looking like a nightkill attempt or a bunch of protective light, just you being a little paranoid as you went to bed?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Tremendous Taste posted:

i don't see why you think it's scummy

I think it is scummy to grab 10 items without previously being involved in the game in any way, all from a dead town inventor, and then claim your items were lost AND that you were only able to identify one.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

True and Real posted:

This is the very first time you actually tried to mount a defense to all of the things I was saying to you, except oddly enough, your first response has absolutely nothing to do with my first point, I don't care about your second response because it's you agreeing that it's true and instead attacking the nature of such an observation, your third response is literally only responding to the fact that you acted outraged and is a plea to the empathy centers of the brain rather than an actual defense, and the fourth point is extra super poo poo because there have been a lot of people calling me scum today.

My point 4 reinforces my point 3, you silly silly boy. It suggests you never thought I was scum.

Typed that up while playing DotA.

The reason a diviner would claim early would to get some items sent their way. Something I thought about but dismissed as a bad idea. I didn't see any gain in the question you were asking. I was indifferent to what you were asking; I cited the question as an example of you trying to loudly look like a town marshall (something you admitted to doing). I have said this multiple times now.

Your other points suck too. Just because I acknowledge that we both could be protective roles doesn't mean I "never thought you were scum." That kind of jump in logic is horribly retarded. I think it's pretty plain that I think you're scummy; I've said it over and over again and was voting you for most of the day.

Again this is more willful ignorance and reality distortion from you.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

The Ninth Layer posted:

Okay. No specific flavor looking like a nightkill attempt or a bunch of protective light, just you being a little paranoid as you went to bed?

The Ninth Layer posted:

I pretty much ignore flavor in Ecco games, but I was dreading that I was going back to my room to die after I used my item on you. The lasts were all off.

Oh and the door was changed. I'm on a phone so can't remember if it was left open or shut.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

True and Real posted:

I think it is scummy to grab 10 items without previously being involved in the game in any way, all from a dead town inventor, and then claim your items were lost AND that you were only able to identify one.

i think it's scummy to unecessarily hyperbolize

but i know it's just lazy

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

jesus christ mills

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

The Ninth Layer posted:

Typed that up while playing DotA.

The reason a diviner would claim early would to get some items sent their way. Something I thought about but dismissed as a bad idea. I didn't see any gain in the question you were asking. I was indifferent to what you were asking; I cited the question as an example of you trying to loudly look like a town marshall (something you admitted to doing). I have said this multiple times now.

Your other points suck too. Just because I acknowledge that we both could be protective roles doesn't mean I "never thought you were scum." That kind of jump in logic is horribly retarded. I think it's pretty plain that I think you're scummy; I've said it over and over again and was voting you for most of the day.

Again this is more willful ignorance and reality distortion from you.

Do you greatly enjoy misrepresenting things that are plainly said in the thread or something? Goodness gracious.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

True and Real posted:

Do you greatly enjoy misrepresenting things that are plainly said in the thread or something? Goodness gracious.

"No you" the post.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

We'll talk again tomorrow, I'm sure.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

merk posted:

I pretty much ignore flavor in Ecco games, but I was dreading that I was going back to my room to die after I used my item on you. The lasts were all off.

Oh and the door was changed. I'm on a phone so can't remember if it was left open or shut.

Thanks.

I was thinking about claiming this or not but it can't hurt with me a potential lynch. I protected both myself and merk last night. My candles protect me in addition to whoever I protect. So I could have eaten a nightkill instead of merk. The only thing we know for sure happened yesterday was that I targeted merk. Please keep this in mind because it both means merk isn't guaranteed confirmed town (even though I think both that he is town and was a good nightkill candidate) and that scum would know from the start of the day that merk was not the nightkill and would play accordingly. For example, scum in this position might rush to claim a protect action on merk to make me out to be the nightkiller and keep me from getting doctor cred.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

rofl

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

That makes no sense at all, Ninth.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:c: Day 4 Votecount :c:

Ninth (5): merk, Somber, Diqnol, Opop, -Diqnol, Diqnol, Rasc

Tremendous Taste (4): Amoeba, wins, Ninth, Keane

Meinberg (2): yuming, fv

Diqnol (0): Ninth, -Ninth

:h: With 15 alive it takes 8 votes to execute.
:d: Day 4 deadline: Monday February 9th, ~11PM EDT. Note that this will almost certainly be floating as we're watching those shows I talked about tomorrow night rather than tonight. Yay!

e: Mills is far too predictable sometimes.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

merk posted:

Did someone protect me last night? If you did, would you mind claiming?

True and Real posted:

Yes, I did again, assuming my ring does that.

merk posted:

TNL visited me last night. My item from Byers is 100% guaranteed a tracking item.

##vote TNL

This is the order in which things happened. Apply this to what Ninth just said, please.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

True and Real posted:

So here's the only way your story makes sense: TNL comes in claiming doctor. If that's the case, then I get lynched and he gets lynched tomorrow. That'd be his best case scenario. If he claims anything other than doctor, it no longer makes sense unless I tracked merk tracking Ninth or something batshit like that. Otherwise, I wouldn't have claimed when I did as scum. But the fact that you pushed this story would look bad for you, so I'm not buying that you're scum. I just think you've been wrong a lot this game.

With all of that said, please revisit your case from yesterday and respond to my response to it. Thank you and god bless.

Oh hey look who tried to get the jump on my claim. Framing a doctor claim as scummy before I even have a chance to make it.

If I do get lynched please make sure Diqnol gets lynched after me. Don't let him start talking about how "there must have been a third person who targeted merk" after he made posts like this.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Meh

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
Diqnol, you keep making things up and I think it's scummy. You're trying to control the narrative by expressing your opinions as facts.

True and Real posted:

Can you at the least explain to the audience how you arrived at a null read on Ninth? Surely he's said SOMETHING that made you feel one way or the other about him. Surely you realize people are not voting for Ninth out of the blue, either. By saying I'm scummier than Ninth and by not having a definitive read on him despite these things, you're actually implying you're leaning town on him. The weird thing about that is you're saying it's null.

Bolded is the part that is your opinion. Please elaborate further because I don't see how this is a reasonable train of thought.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I think I have to keep voting you out of principal for string claiming, TNL.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

merk posted:

I think I have to keep voting you out of principal for string claiming, TNL.

I was not sure whether I should claim the double protection of my ability. If I'm getting lynched though it may be good for whoever gets the candles to know.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Diqnol, you keep making things up and I think it's scummy. You're trying to control the narrative by expressing your opinions as facts.

Bolded is the part that is your opinion. Please elaborate further because I don't see how this is a reasonable train of thought.
Having a "null read" on TNL is pretty preposterous at this point

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

fiery_valkyrie posted:

You always choose to talk to me when I'm at a higher level of frustration than normal, FV.

He isn't acknowledging Ninth in the face of all these things going on about him. He says he read Ninth. Therefore, we can conclude that the situation demanded he has analyzed Ninth's posts. He says his read on Ninth is null. That means either Ninth has said nothing that made Amoeba feel or think anything regarding Ninth's alignment or he's lying about having read Ninth. It could also mean a more likely third option, however, that he meant he read things that he thought suggested Ninth was scummy and things that he thought suggested Ninth was town. So then why does he have absolutely nothing to say about Ninth? Why is he willing to say Ninth is less scummy than me? I think he's willing to imply that Ninth is on his town side of things for the sake of not discussing him but leaving the deniability open to vote for Ninth should he end up being the lynch of the day.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Rascyc posted:

Having a "null read" on TNL is pretty preposterous at this point

Don't disagree about this point. That and his focus on the badness of Merk's case after he subbed in are points against him.

But Diqnol seems flabbergasted that Amoeba can find him scummier than someone else and his reaction seems pretty over the top for that.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I don't think there really is a narrative anyway. I think Diqnol has actually managed to persuade exactly 0 people to vote TNL at this point.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Don't disagree about this point. That and his focus on the badness of Merk's case after he subbed in are points against him.

But Diqnol seems flabbergasted that Amoeba can find him scummier than someone else and his reaction seems pretty over the top for that.

Nah, it actually has nothing to do with him calling me scummy but rather that he is directly comparing me to Ninth while citing weak reasons for thinking I'm scum and having a null read on Ninth.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Meinberg is still my top pick for today. What are people's opinions on him?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

True and Real posted:

Nah, it actually has nothing to do with him calling me scummy but rather that he is directly comparing me to Ninth while citing weak reasons for thinking I'm scum and having a null read on Ninth.

You're the one who started the whole "me or TNL" focus to begin with.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

fiery_valkyrie posted:

You're the one who started the whole "me or TNL" focus to begin with.

You made me type out that whole thing a second ago and this is all you have to say ugh

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Diqnol, given that wins claimed to use a protective item last night, plus there is potentially the statue TT mentioned in play, do you acknowledge the possibility that merk wasn't the NK target?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Meinberg is still my top pick for today. What are people's opinions on him?

I think he's a good lynch choice. Almost got lynched Day 1, both confirmed scum voted for EP instead.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Diqnol, given that wins claimed to use a protective item last night, plus there is potentially the statue TT mentioned in play, do you acknowledge the possibility that merk wasn't the NK target?

But that would be a "miracle."

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Nothing is impossible. Do not take this to mean I find it in any way, shape, or form likely.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

True and Real posted:

You made me type out that whole thing a second ago and this is all you have to say ugh

I have no control over your actions. You chose to use that many words. Celebrate your independence Diq!

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

The Ninth Layer posted:

But that would be a "miracle."

A "miracle" would be me devising that super awesome scheme you suggested earlier on this page in less than a minute and before I knew you were involved at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I have no control over your actions. You chose to use that many words. Celebrate your independence Diq!

I will celebrate it by ignoring tedious questions you pose in the future. Thank you for the permission.

• Locked thread