Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ijii
Mar 17, 2007
I'M APPARENTLY GAY AND MY POSTING SUCKS.
I wonder how accepting CM Punk would be to job to Roman Reigns in his current state, because that's what I believe WWE would do instead of putting the belt back on Punk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Fat Lowtax posted:

Reminder that WWE's most direct competition is on "Destination America" and the "El Rey Network," both of which sound like things I just made up

what about AXS?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Fat Lowtax posted:

Reminder that WWE's most direct competition is on "Destination America" and the "El Rey Network," both of which sound like things I just made up

Their most direct competition is on Fox and Fox Sports 1. Their most direct wrestling competition is on a bunch of random CW and My Network affiliates at 1 AM.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

If I didn't know better I'd assume that Destination America is some kind of propaganda station, El Rey is the Spanish channel from The Simpsons, and AXS is nothing but snowboarding and whatever Tony Hawk is doing these days.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Delsaber posted:

If I didn't know better I'd assume that Destination America is some kind of propaganda station, El Rey is the Spanish channel from The Simpsons, and AXS is nothing but snowboarding and whatever Tony Hawk is doing these days.

I thought Destination America was a channel that you get for free in every new RV.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

ijii posted:

I wonder how accepting CM Punk would be to job to Roman Reigns in his current state, because that's what I believe WWE would do instead of putting the belt back on Punk.

He'd be told to make Roman look really good, but not let him win.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

ijii posted:

He'd be really excited to get his Wrestlemania main event.

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

We don't need your money!

ijii posted:

It would be like 3 very long awkward drawn out laughters in a row

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

MassRafTer posted:

He'd be really excited to get his Wrestlemania main event.

Punk-Reigns wouldn't headline Mania lol

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

There's no reason why everyone can't look good, even jobbers. You can still look good being a chickenshit heel (Santino, Slater, and even Bryan pulled it off masterfully). You can still look good when you lose. Everyone can come out of every segment looking a little better than when they went in. The Rumble triple threat, everyone came out of that looking great.

Instead what you get is Cena massacre-ing the Wyatt Family, which made them look like total chumps. Reigns winning the Rumble after barely doing anything. Ambrose losing to exploding TVs.

WWE doesn't want everyone to get over. They want their select few. Right now that's Cena, Reigns, Rollins, and Wyatt when they feel like it. Bryan they had no choice but to push, and you're seeing it this year. They don't want him anywhere near the main event, when any average person might say "hey, this guy's really popular and people want to see him, shall we push him to the main event?" No, apparently not. You don't want the guy you really like. You ACTUALLY want this guy who you sorta like.

I don't know if it's spite or arrogance or just plain old stupidity, but this is all Vince. I just hope that the fans keep making GBS threads on the things they don't want, remain vocal and see what WWE does.

Also, Ambrose is the next CM Punk Austin.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Alan_Shore posted:

There's no reason why everyone can't look good, even jobbers. You can still look good being a chickenshit heel (Santino, Slater, and even Bryan pulled it off masterfully). You can still look good when you lose. Everyone can come out of every segment looking a little better than when they went in. The Rumble triple threat, everyone came out of that looking great.

Instead what you get is Cena massacre-ing the Wyatt Family, which made them look like total chumps. Reigns winning the Rumble after barely doing anything. Ambrose losing to exploding TVs.

WWE doesn't want everyone to get over. They want their select few. Right now that's Cena, Reigns, Rollins, and Wyatt when they feel like it. Bryan they had no choice but to push, and you're seeing it this year. They don't want him anywhere near the main event, when any average person might say "hey, this guy's really popular and people want to see him, shall we push him to the main event?" No, apparently not. You don't want the guy you really like. You ACTUALLY want this guy who you sorta like.

I don't know if it's spite or arrogance or just plain old stupidity, but this is all Vince. I just hope that the fans keep making GBS threads on the things they don't want, remain vocal and see what WWE does.

Also, Ambrose is the next CM Punk Austin.

This mentality is the Vince Russo school of booking. Jobbers are meant to look bad. They look weak so the guy who beats them look strong. That's their whole job. In some matches everyone can come out looking strong, in others they shouldn't because it is counter productive. Wrestling fans (and fans of every show) will only retain a certain amount of information. You want to make sure they retain the important stuff that makes them invest in characters. If you are trying to get something over with everyone on the roster poo poo because a muddled mess like WCW in 2000 or TNA in well, most of history. WWE's approach is not the right one either, they focus on too few people with lovely stories for the few they focus on. The idea that everyone can look good is bullshit. If the Mulkeys looked good one day they were doing their job wrong. When people come out of a match thinking about the bump the jobber did or the funny comedy he did the squash match failed to achieve its goal.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

MassRafTer posted:

This mentality is the Vince Russo school of booking. Jobbers are meant to look bad. They look weak so the guy who beats them look strong. That's their whole job. In some matches everyone can come out looking strong, in others they shouldn't because it is counter productive. Wrestling fans (and fans of every show) will only retain a certain amount of information. You want to make sure they retain the important stuff that makes them invest in characters. If you are trying to get something over with everyone on the roster poo poo because a muddled mess like WCW in 2000 or TNA in well, most of history. WWE's approach is not the right one either, they focus on too few people with lovely stories for the few they focus on. The idea that everyone can look good is bullshit. If the Mulkeys looked good one day they were doing their job wrong. When people come out of a match thinking about the bump the jobber did or the funny comedy he did the squash match failed to achieve its goal.

You don't need to look strong to look good. That's just silly. But there's still a difference between, say, Ambrose losing to Wyatt due to his own reckless moves and Ambrose losing to Wyatt because he pulled a TV too hard and it blew up in his face like a Looney Toons character.

Winners are going to win. Losers are going to lose. But a poorly done segment makes everyone come out of it looking worse, while a well done one makes you respect everyone participating in it more.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Alain Post posted:

Swagger's best asset was his "Big Hoss" hoodie.

I would pay 30$ for the hoodie if it only said Big Hoss and nothing else. No wwe logo or his name on back.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

oldpainless posted:

I would pay 30$ for the hoodie if it only said Big Hoss and nothing else. No wwe logo or his name on back.

If it's not horribly embarrassing to wear, it's not a wrestling t-shirt.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Red posted:

When I go out i gots to look good and I can't do that if my Big Hoss hoodie says wwe on the back.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

oldpainless posted:

Same, but instead of Big Hoss it says Big Show.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Red posted:

Horribly embarrassing + relegated to sleepwear and often seen on thrift store racks unsold for months at a time.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i think it would be good if bryan wins belt at mania holds it until like summerslam time period, loses it to cena, who loses it to reigns next year at mania after reigns is built up and sustained/pushed in the upper midcard to main event. reigns should probably feud with and go over rusev and authority in the mean time to set things up for later if the plan is to keep him babyface.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

does anyone think seth rollins is ready for the main event heel slot because after lesnar is gone he's the #1 baddy.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

minoru suzuki posted:

does anyone think seth rollins is ready for the main event heel slot because after lesnar is gone he's the #1 baddy.

He's been shouldering the load for months while Brock was away (okay it's really The Authority but still). I think he has the tools they just need to commit to him with good angles and booking, as in all things.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

minoru suzuki posted:

I think he's as ready as he's going to be. Also def a big babyface down the line.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Daniel Bryan posted:

I think he's as ready as he's going to be. Also def a big babyface down the line.

him getting the babyface crowd milk spot with a standing ovation after the Rumble 3-way was really cool

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

The Bee posted:

You don't need to look strong to look good. That's just silly. But there's still a difference between, say, Ambrose losing to Wyatt due to his own reckless moves and Ambrose losing to Wyatt because he pulled a TV too hard and it blew up in his face like a Looney Toons character.

Winners are going to win. Losers are going to lose. But a poorly done segment makes everyone come out of it looking worse, while a well done one makes you respect everyone participating in it more.

That was exactly my point! Santino or Slater have never looked strong, but they got over. Bryan sure as hell didn't look strong as WHC but his actions directly lead to where he is now.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

minoru suzuki posted:

He needs to cash in at Mania on Reigns/Bryan after they beat Brock, it's so perfect.

He's sooooo much better than he used to be in ROH, and he was already pretty drat good.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Daniel Bryan posted:

It'll be weird cheering for a guy who said he was going to kill Edge on live TV and then tried to kill Edge on live TV.

Not that I don't welcome this because Rollins owns and I hope he does well.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
WWE doesn't even sell the Bigg Hoss jacket. Huge missed opportunity here.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Blast Fantasto posted:

WWE doesn't even sell the Bigg Hoss jacket. Huge missed opportunity here.

If it looks like merch but isn't horrendously stupid it's not available for sale.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Kevin Nash is on John Wick and is the smartest henchman in the movie.

maxallen
Nov 22, 2006

minoru suzuki posted:

i think it would be good if bryan wins belt at mania holds it until like summerslam time period, loses it to cena, who loses it to reigns next year at mania after reigns is built up and sustained/pushed in the upper midcard to main event. reigns should probably feud with and go over rusev and authority in the mean time to set things up for later if the plan is to keep him babyface.

Better idea: Bryan wins at Mania then loses to Ambrose at Summerslam while WWE has come to terms with the release of Roman Reigns. We wish him the best in his future endeavors.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Meltzer says those who need to know within the company have been told the Mania title match is now a triple threat.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

Much like in real life.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Daniel Bryan posted:

Meltzer says those who need to know within the company have been told the Mania title match is now a triple threat.

lol

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Daniel Bryan posted:

Oh me oh my.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Daniel Bryan posted:

I'm happy for Kane

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
Daniel Bryan ruins another promising main event and leads to another wrestler leaving the company!

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

john wick is insanely good and cool and should be a psp.tv movie one night

Daniel Bryan posted:

xtreme lol

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Wrestlemania a Triple Threat now and Bo Dallas is back with an amazing and inspirational message?

Pretty cool Sunday.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Daniel Bryan posted:

Brock vs Show vs Kane? Bold move.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I hope it's a triple threat between Lesnar, Reigns, and the man who beat Reigns, The Big Show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Now that is facial hair. Daniel Bryan could learn something from Bo.

• Locked thread