Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

The Colonel posted:

Raven's Cry is published by the same publisher as Two Worlds and Jack Orlando.

That's basically all you need to know.

Ravens cry was going to be a two worlds 2 expansion pack

It's the same engine, tarted up a little bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

It's not only from the same publisher, it's from the same Polish developer. Those guys should have stuck with RTSes (EARTH series).

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Kuule hain nussivan posted:

So, the new Thief is up on PS plus. Is it worth playing now that it's patched, and what difficulty settings should I use if I want it to be as close to the first two as possible? I'm guessing custom is the way to go, but which choices specifically, and does a higher base difficulty make the enemies way too aware?

Edit: I know, technically not Steam but this is my go to games thread guys!

I dunno how good the PS version specifically is, but the chunk I played of the PC version didn't have any of the crazy sound issues/stealth bugs/whatever the hell people freaked out about at launch. If it's literally free you might as well give it a shot.

Google pulls up this guide to the custom difficulty. Though I think there's a few more UI-specific options you'd need to turn off (like enemy awareness indicators and loot glint) to make it as close to the original Thief games as possible.

Can't say anything about the higher difficulty level. I kept it on Normal.

John Murdoch fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Feb 9, 2015

Orv
May 4, 2011

Palpek posted:

It's not only from the same publisher, it's from the same Polish developer. Those guys should have stuck with RTSes (EARTH series).

I was looking forward to a buggily amusing shithole for $10 at some future point, a la TW1, but not even that is looking worth it.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Two Worlds was an amazingly good bad game.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Two Worlds was a masterpiece but I feel like it had to be experienced in a community of like-minded individuals who played the game at the same time and shared their findings to fully shine. It's the perfect bandwagon and in-jokes game.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Thank you Logan 5 for embedding a 46mb gif on the last page

tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

Nobility is sadly overrated.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/338170/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNVs_Du3y88

Did you like the oldschool Quake/Unreal instagib days? Then you'll loving love this.

Let me give you a run down. Left mouse is shoot. When you hit somebody, they die. If you get hit, you die. Right mouse boosts you like a rocket jump. Aim under you for up momentum, aim behind you for forward momentum, so on and so on.

I'm in AU and can play on US servers with no issues at all. Its an absolute blast and you should grab it for the $8~ USD it costs, or get a 4 pack and split it. Seems like there are always people playing.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

tehsid posted:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/338170/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNVs_Du3y88

Did you like the oldschool Quake/Unreal instagib days? Then you'll loving love this.

Let me give you a run down. Left mouse is shoot. When you hit somebody, they die. If you get hit, you die. Right mouse boosts you like a rocket jump. Aim under you for up momentum, aim behind you for forward momentum, so on and so on.

I'm in AU and can play on US servers with no issues at all. Its an absolute blast and you should grab it for the $8~ USD it costs, or get a 4 pack and split it. Seems like there are always people playing.

finally, a new Bad Rats game

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The only thing that game is missing is Surf and concjump elements to form the most average server of the early 00s

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW
im a gay little gbs baby

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Orv
May 4, 2011
You loving idiot.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

And :boom: this page is dead.

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

Arnold of Soissons posted:

Hahah holy poo poo I need to buy this game
EDIT THAT poo poo OUT SON!

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Next page a go-go.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
16gb ram master race. I adblocked it though.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Steam Thread: 56kb no

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
Steam Thread: please shitpost faster

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Steam Thread: Visual Novels screenshots don't need this much bandwidth. colbert:

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

[56k no]

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Why will this page not end?! :psyduck:

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW
Its not like there's 10 different 40+MB gifs, c'mon :v:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

EDIT THAT poo poo OUT SON!

Pretty sure he did it on purpose. I hope you realise you can just put him on ignore, or adblock the gif and put him on ignore.

e; vv the gif still breaks basically every browser, even on 16GB of RAM and fio, because gif is a piece of poo poo format.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Feb 9, 2015

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
Finally a way to prune out the unworthy from the Steam thread, it's 2015 people.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
How about that Assassin's Creed: Rogue? I hear it's better than Raven's Cry.

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

Kanfy posted:

Finally a way to prune out the unworthy from the Steam thread, it's 2015 people.

Anime haters and gif complainers get with the times, is what I say

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Jamfrost posted:

How about that Assassin's Creed: Rogue? I hear it's better than Raven's Cry.
It's the best rear end Creed game yet.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Kanfy posted:

it is actually my sub-par amd processor that kills this page for me.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
I tell you wut. The Steam word limit is teaching me a valuable lesson in cutting my dissertation down to size. I like Twitter for that same reason.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Arnold of Soissons posted:

Anime haters and gif complainers get with the times, is what I say

don't stalk teenagers, is what I say

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

Lemon Curdistan posted:

e; vv the gif still breaks basically every browser, even on 16GB of RAM and fio, because gif is a piece of poo poo format.

No probs here? :confused:

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

Breadallelogram posted:

don't stalk teenagers, is what I say

IDK who you are and I never have so tyvm? :confused:

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

So, the new Thief is up on PS plus. Is it worth playing now that it's patched, and what difficulty settings should I use if I want it to be as close to the first two as possible? I'm guessing custom is the way to go, but which choices specifically, and does a higher base difficulty make the enemies way too aware?

Edit: I know, technically not Steam but this is my go to games thread guys!

You will never get it at all like the first two, because it's a bunch of loving garbage.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Just play the new Thief as the new Thief. Don't get caught up in nostalgia, pining for something the game isn't.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

poptart_fairy posted:

Just play the new Thief as the new Thief. Don't get caught up in nostalgia, pining for something the game isn't.

Yeah, namely a good game.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Okay, so here's an opinion from someone who has barely played the old thief games and holds no nostalgia for them. thief 4 is real bad, don't play it.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Pretty sure he did it on purpose. I hope you realise you can just put him on ignore, or adblock the gif and put him on ignore.

Nah. It works just fine in Safari and Chrome, even on 8GB. I mean, it's just a 45MB gif — that's a rounding error for a modern browser.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Tippis posted:

Nah. It works just fine in Safari and Chrome, even on 8GB. I mean, it's just a 45MB gif — that's a rounding error for a modern browser.

I am on Chrome and it does not work just fine. Gif is a terrible format.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Smoremaster posted:

Having never played any of the Sniper Elite games, would it be better to pick up 2 or 3? I'm itching to headshot some nazis.

Probably too late on this but 3 added a load of weird stealth mechanics that you were screwed if you ignored and is a much different game because of it. Sniper Elite 2 also has stealth mechanics but nothing as far fetched as some of the stuff 3 has you do. 2 is a really fun game all the way to the end, whereas I preordered 3 and only ended up playing 2 or 3 levels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Kanfy posted:

2015: You are a pleb unless you have a fiber-optic catheter.

• Locked thread