Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
Monty says hey GiP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWThNcavJaw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Hey Monty :kimchi:

Sent a really chill Australian Sheep Dog-mix home today. I love shelter volunteering.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Some of these are dogs, ignore the rest.

http://www.reddit.com/r/BeforeNAfterAdoption/

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Hey Monty :kimchi:

Sent a really chill Australian Sheep Dog-mix home today. I love shelter volunteering.

If I ever have a good sized yard I'd love to get one

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

So roscoe had an upset tummy today, from eating a few pieces of steak.

So he took a liquid poo poo on the floor.

During my ten year old's birthday party, in front of her friends.

Hes fine now. Kids and friends laughed it off. Wife is significantly less than pleased.

There will be no more steak for Roscoe.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Hes fine now. Kids and friends laughed it off. Wife is significantly less than pleased.

you should post a pic so we know hes ok

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
post a pic of your wife on her knees, cleaning dog poo poo off the floor

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah don't give dogs table scraps. The fat content can give them pancreatitis and other not so much fun stuff. Its tempting, I know

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

:stwoon:
Best dogge vid ever.
:stwoon:

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Holy gently caress he is big. :stare:

Good dogge.

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

Tide posted:

Yeah don't give dogs table scraps. The fat content can give them pancreatitis and other not so much fun stuff. Its tempting, I know

Sorry but this is bollocks. I know dogs that are fed nothing but tables scraps and dry food and they are the healthiest dogs going. My sister feeds hers on nothing but raw stuff including cheap mince, whole oxtails, and you have never seen fitter dogs. Canines are omnivore scavengers.

I'd say don't feed dogs on mass produced cheap dog food before not feed them table scraps.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Burt posted:

Sorry but this is bollocks. I know dogs that are fed nothing but tables scraps and dry food and they are the healthiest dogs going. My sister feeds hers on nothing but raw stuff including cheap mince, whole oxtails, and you have never seen fitter dogs. Canines are omnivore scavengers.

I'd say don't feed dogs on mass produced cheap dog food before not feed them table scraps.

Roscoe was fine.

Then he got table scraps and poo poo everywhere.

Keep giving him table scraps!

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Burt posted:

Dis.

If you think a piece of straight meat is what made your dog sick I dunno what to tell you. If he's normally not getting any at all then he might just need to get used to it, but he'll be fine.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

evil_bunnY posted:

Dis.

If you think a piece of straight meat is what made your dog sick I dunno what to tell you. If he's normally not getting any at all then he might just need to get used to it, but he'll be fine.

yeah he's normally not fed any scraps. He's normally just a kibble guy, with occasional marrow treats and such. He's pooping like a normal dog now!

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Burt posted:

Sorry dude but your anecdotal evidence doesn't make mine less valid.

Every vet I've ever talked to says the same thing: no table scraps, keep their diet as constant as possible, no human food. Their stomachs don't like the increased fat content.

When you go from premium kibble to something like a piece of steak, or whatever, it upsets the balance in their gut. It's why simply changing kibble should be done slowly and over time and why if you go from one to the other quickly, they get a pretty good case of doggy trots until their system adjusts.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Maybe you guys have inferior-gutted purebreds or something. I've fed scraps to the 5 mutts or so my family's owned so far and never had issues. We've always done kibble changes a little slow, but that's it.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Roscoe cleaning himself up

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

ElMaligno posted:

Roscoe cleaning himself up

lol

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Hahaha that little spin at the end

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

It's like a signature

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Shut up with this PI bullshit.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Shut up with this PI bullshit.

ty n4i

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

evil_bunnY posted:

Hahaha that little spin at the end

pro as heck. it's like the topper of a dq soft serve

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
I saw a corgi puppy eat some fatty ground beef that dropped on the floor and the next day he died from making GBS threads out his ears. It's pretty hosed up how fragile their stomachs are, anything but the purest artisan organic dry kibble and dogs keel right over. That's why you never see them digging in garbage or begging for human food.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXQc_v5qjS4

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjJrNA7gdrU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Love the 'brows. He looks like he's disappointed in you for not enough pets

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Frank gets scraps and the worst thing that happens is stanky farts. 3am last night he let a silent steamer roll. It woke up the girlfriend, who then woke me up, to tell me the smell of Frank's fart woke her up.

Naturally, I couldn't smell a drat thing, and spent a good ten minutes laughing while she sprayed air freshener and lit a candle.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

An excellent dog.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

i want a hoverdog so bad

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

same

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

"Now I know what others have suffered from me, for I burn with the love of my own self- and yet how can I reach that loveliness that I see mirrored in the water? But I cannot leave it. Only death can set me free." - Narcissus

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

Naturally, I couldn't smell a drat thing, and spent a good ten minutes laughing while she sprayed air freshener and lit a candle.
Good pup.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Here's an article about dogs whose job it is to search for poo:

http://www.wired.com/2015/02/meet-poop-sniffing-dogs-saving-endangered-wildlife

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

i want a hoverdog so bad

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

They're Avant Guard Dogs :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Those owners need to be shot.