Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Unsurprising that the full story shows Adam being an enormous hunk of greedy loving poo poo worse than anyone previously imagined to be the case. Ugh. What a completely disgusting rear end in a top hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:
Link for the lazy.

She was going to keep quiet about it, but Adam went and had to go on the offensive about her, which forced her to tell the story.

Adam, you retard.

What Fun
Jul 21, 2007

~P*R*I*D*E~

Meatwave posted:

Link for the lazy.

She was going to keep quiet about it, but Adam went and had to go on the offensive about her, which forced her to tell the story.

Adam, you retard.

27:09 to skip the hot prostate and sad dog talk and get to the part you want to listen to.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

What Fun posted:

27:09 to skip the hot prostate and sad dog talk and get to the part you want to listen to.

Wow. This still falls into his word vs hers, but this sounds a lot like him. I haven't really listened to his podcast in a bit, but i think I'm done officially now. He's really just out of touch with reality.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Boinks posted:

Dameshek hasn't been on in awhile either.

Good, Dameshek is loving obnoxious and irritating.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
What's the difference between Adam and Stern in terms of greediness though?

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Jesus Christ women don't know how to tell a story.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Whos cares, she was depressing and couldnt riff with Adam. End of story.

Enjoy podcasting out of your dining room you idiot.

Why does it take her 30 minutes to explain what Adam explained in 5 minutes?

OMFG shes STILL crying about her dog?

JB50 fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Feb 9, 2015

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

Red posted:

Good, Dameshek is loving obnoxious and irritating.

Dave rules chump. Any episode of Daves of Thunder is way better than any episode of Adam's crappy podcast.

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle

JB50 posted:

Barely anyone can riff with Adam because he cuts everyone off and talks over most anyone he doesn't think can keep up with his "genius." It's why most of the "big" guests he had early on don't come back--he's pissed them off with this and they don't care to deal with him now.

How's she an idiot? Her podcast isn't great by itself, but she's a better interviewer than Adam ever will be, and can at least loving write compared to Adam who just rambles and let's people dig poo poo out.

And Adam explained it in 5 minutes? Really? Adam can barely give a single thought in 5 minutes and as I recall, spent nearly an hour burying her. She spent what--20 minutes on it? She was clear, concise and to the point about it.

And you could tell she was reading from notes to make sure she didn't miss her point. Something Adam could benefit from instead of burying himself worse with the situation.

Bottom line: Adam is a dick and regardless of who you believe, it's easier to picture Alison's version of the events over Adam's any day.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

Niwrad posted:

It was always weird to me that he never appeared on Adam's show after the accident (well maybe once). He was a show regular and all of a sudden just disappeared.

I got the vibe that he wasn't as quick witted in all honesty. I remember him slurring his speech when he came back.

Boinks posted:

Dameshek hasn't been on in awhile either.

He's not usually on during the NFL season. I'd expect him back soon.

JB50 posted:

She mentioned the dog in less time than it took for you to even write that sentence. What was it, 4 seconds? Maybe 5? Calm down.

Moniker fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Feb 9, 2015

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

UP AND ADAM posted:

Dave rules chump. Any episode of Daves of Thunder is way better than any episode of Adam's crappy podcast.

goddamn do I miss jacuzzi thoughts :(

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Apoplexy posted:

Unsurprising that the full story shows Adam being an enormous hunk of greedy loving poo poo worse than anyone previously imagined to be the case. Ugh. What a completely disgusting rear end in a top hat.

Why would he be expected to give free studio time to people? He spent a lot of money building a nice studio. She can complain about the terms but without Adam her show gets 20 downloads a week or whatever it was doing before.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Niwrad posted:

Why would he be expected to give free studio time to people? He spent a lot of money building a nice studio. She can complain about the terms but without Adam her show gets 20 downloads a week or whatever it was doing before.

And that's why she was content to just move on and forget the past. Then Carolla had to dedicate a podcast to blazing her so she pretty much had to tell her side.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Quicksand_Jesus posted:

Barely anyone can riff with Adam because he cuts everyone off and talks over most anyone he doesn't think can keep up with his "genius." It's why most of the "big" guests he had early on don't come back--he's pissed them off with this and they don't care to deal with him now.

Most of the fill in news girls since she left have done a lot better job of riffing with Adam. The Hesley lady was particularly good at it.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Hesley was great but you can tell a lot of these chicks are trying really hard to impress with their improv skills. This last one who claimed to have a really good "black guy" voice/character was cringeworthy.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

beanieson posted:

Hesley was great but you can tell a lot of these chicks are trying really hard to impress with their improv skills. This last one who claimed to have a really good "black guy" voice/character was cringeworthy.

Ha the black guy voice was pretty terrible. Of course theyre trying to impress him, its what Alison should have been trying to do too, hes the boss.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
I liked the news caster lady who didn't GIVE A gently caress and talked over every promo with that one terrible comic chick.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Medullah posted:

And that's why she was content to just move on and forget the past. Then Carolla had to dedicate a podcast to blazing her so she pretty much had to tell her side.

Ya but that was 4 or 5 weeks ago. Seems like everyone had moved on.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

JB50 posted:

Haha, Alison move on?

Evil Vin
Jun 14, 2006

♪ Sing everybody "Deutsche Deutsche"
Vaya con dios amigos! ♪

Fallen Rib

JB50 posted:

Most of the fill in news girls since she left have done a lot better job of riffing with Adam. The Hesley lady was particularly good at it.

She was my favorite one they've had so far. She literally worked every Adam bit it was pretty great.

JB50 posted:

She has to keep her new listeners somehow. Having Daniel on isn't going to.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

I pretty much believe everything Alison says about Carolla's key points, especially since the rest of his points were so petty that it was obvious he just needed *reasons* in an attempt to save face. It's nice to know what really happened, but all I learned was Carolla is a huge rear end in a top hat and that's clear to anyone who listen's to Carolla. Maybe I learned he's even a bigger rear end in a top hat than I thought, oh and that Dr. Drew is 100% right when he points out how scared everyone who works there is.

I laughed pretty hard that allegedly a couple people tried to convince him to not go on the offensive against Alison (who wasn't doing anything) and his response was, "you're an idiot I know what I'm doing." It seemed like at the time of that show, and now after hearing about him threatening to fire anyone who still associates with Alison, that he blames the fan backlash on her. As opposed to, you know, himself for handling it in the worst way possible, letting her stay on for so long if the fit truly wasn't good, and oh having a show that has been dropping in quality for months. THANKS A LOT ALISON

Red
Apr 15, 2003

The odd thing about the Anthony Cumia episode is that Adam often lumps Alison and Bryan together, whether it was asking them to prepare for a show, or if it was Adam dreading talking about racing/cars. Bryan gets a pass because he does sounds, Adam also mentions, but it's still awkward, and since Alison's left, it sounds like Bryan tries really hard to add a lot more commentary.

Then having each peon chime in to say how Adam is right is really uncomfortable.

Adam has a lot of un-entertaining guests (why do I, as someone in DC, care about a local politician? why is he having an author on that I've never heard of? why is Jo Koy, who I do like, on AGAIN?), has repeated a lot of stories, and is only getting worse about his personal views that he works into every show. I'm finding myself listening less and less.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

As Alison also mentioned, it's apparently an open secret there that a lot of people don't want to go on Carolla's show because of his politics/opinions (or possibly because you just sit there and watch him talk, as Doug Benson points out often), so his pool of potential guests is constantly leaking which means THE PEOPLE DEMAND BUNG LU SU.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Tweak posted:

As Alison also mentioned, it's apparently an open secret there that a lot of people don't want to go on Carolla's show because of his politics/opinions (or possibly because you just sit there and watch him talk, as Doug Benson points out often), so his pool of potential guests is constantly leaking which means THE PEOPLE DEMAND BUNG LU SU.

Sarah Silverman's said the same thing. :smith:

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
"I'm a rubber meets the chode type of a guy"

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Sarah Silverman said her main reason for never going on Adam's show again was because it's pointless and you don't even talk. That there are guests who don't want to get sucked into Adam's right-wing hate speech is a new one that I'm glad is getting pointed out, though.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Apoplexy posted:

Sarah Silverman said her main reason for never going on Adam's show again was because it's pointless and you don't even talk. That there are guests who don't want to get sucked into Adam's right-wing hate speech is a new one that I'm glad is getting pointed out, though.

Has this been the case with the take a knee podcast though? I always thought he was pretty good with the one on one interviews.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Silverman has been on the show once a year. I don't think it's personal and they seem like good friends (she also mentioned it's a pain in the rear end to drive out there).

Not sure what kind of guest list you think a daily podcast should have. He gets a decent mix of comedians and actors. He's had Seth Rogen and Kevin Costner in studio the last few weeks. Artie Lange, Patton Oswalt, Iliza Shlesinger, Jon Hodgman, Jim Jefferies, and Jeff Dunham in the last couple weeks. His Take a Knee podcast has some impressive names on it too.

I don't think he'll ever be booking Tonight Show quality guests but for a daily podcast, they seem to do pretty well.

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle
My problem with his guests is you get next to nothing ABOUT the guest. They show up, he'll ask a question or two, then talk over them until it's time to go.

It's super obvious how poor a job he does if that guest is making the podcast rounds and appearing on say Maron the same time period where you go from good, interesting discussion with humor and information about the guest to "tell us where we can see you," and then a rehashing of the same tired Carolla story before he gives out their website and Twitter and then back to his own poo poo.

Basically, it's just a morning radio show at this point where it's all fluff with nothing of merit, but uncensored. And that's super disappointing because I know Adam can interview guests and it be interesting, but he chooses to do this poo poo thing where he only half cares and wants to hear his own voice.

What Fun
Jul 21, 2007

~P*R*I*D*E~
Remember the very first podcast episodes? Aside from Adam tossing a cell phone across the room, what I remember the most is him really interviewing the guests. He used to always say "I'm interested in the journey" and he'd get some really good stories and arcs out of people. Christoph Waltz? Alonzo Bodden? What the hell happened to that show? That show was awesome.

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:
Adam has said a lot of times that Hollywood and the Hollywood press don't like him. He's in the news regularly for saying or doing something controversial. Right or wrong, this has made his podcast fall off the publicity circuit despite it being a major podcast. He should be able to get anyone who has been on the Nerdist or Joe Rogan. It's not that Adam dominates the conversation that's the problem, it's that the publicists who arrange these things don't want the association. What happens if Tom Hanks goes on the show, Adam gets into a rant and says something racist, Twitter lights on fire, and now everyone is asking Hanks to comment on what happened? What's worse, this would happen right before the movie he was promoting is released. Publicists have enough to worry about with regard to their celebrity client saying something controversial. The last thing they want is to line them up with a host who is a wildcard when there are better options.

A lot of actors would be relieved by having the host carry the conversation. They can promote the thing they have to promote without having to be interviewed and perform like it's on a stage. It pisses off the audience, but it's not why Adam's guests have been declining in quality. The dream interview for a lot of celebrities is to sit there for an hour and laugh at someone else with no pressure to say anything unless they actually have something to say.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Sarah Silverman sucks anyway, her 15 minutes is pretty much up.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I don't know what show you guys are listening to if you think the guests have been declining in quality. You can argue he sucks at interviewing his guests but he has not had problems booking big names. The only podcast drawing better guests is Nerdist and part of that is his willingness to travel to do interviews. His show is treated probably the same way any other morning radio show is treated. It's probably beneath some of the top names but it's also a nice spot to plug stuff that are in his demo.

And for all the talk he has about how Hollywood hates him, he gets a lot of opportunities. He's got an hour long show on Spike that was renewed and expanded. He's had a bunch of other cable TV shows over the years. He's had networks invest millions into pilots he was behind. He seems to think that if he can't get $40 million to do a movie he's a pariah when a lot of funny people out there aren't able to get funding.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

JB50 posted:

Look at the wrong opinion everybody

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

JB50 posted:

:gb2gbs:

The Experiment
Dec 12, 2010

What Fun posted:

Remember the very first podcast episodes? Aside from Adam tossing a cell phone across the room, what I remember the most is him really interviewing the guests. He used to always say "I'm interested in the journey" and he'd get some really good stories and arcs out of people. Christoph Waltz? Alonzo Bodden? What the hell happened to that show? That show was awesome.

Looks like it now exists in the form of Take A Knee.

GuyDudeBroMan
Jun 3, 2013

by Ralp

Niwrad posted:

I don't know what show you guys are listening to if you think the guests have been declining in quality. You can argue he sucks at interviewing his guests but he has not had problems booking big names. The only podcast drawing better guests is Nerdist and part of that is his willingness to travel to do interviews. His show is treated probably the same way any other morning radio show is treated. It's probably beneath some of the top names but it's also a nice spot to plug stuff that are in his demo.

And for all the talk he has about how Hollywood hates him, he gets a lot of opportunities. He's got an hour long show on Spike that was renewed and expanded. He's had a bunch of other cable TV shows over the years. He's had networks invest millions into pilots he was behind. He seems to think that if he can't get $40 million to do a movie he's a pariah when a lot of funny people out there aren't able to get funding.

Go back in the archives up to 10 years back and check, and you will see every single Carolla thread on SA have the same comments: "this show is getting worse and worse every week, I'd be surprised if it lasts until the end of the year without getting canceled. By this time next year Adam will be back doing construction."

That prediction has been around for over a decade now. You see it every year.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Adams willingness to joke about race and religion is one of the biggest reasons I listen to him and I don't consider it racist.

People weren't this uptight 10 years ago, especially here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004
Jo Koy had a hilarious one liner when Adam said "I've got bad news." - Totally worth a listen. Even if you hate Jo Koy it's a hilarious episode.