Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
That seems like a nice way of saying that it won't be repeating stock footage and the bare minimum of animation, like mainline digimon series.

Also that it might not be 50+ episodes, either. I could see it just being one or two cours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

Excited to see what Tri will entail. Been a few years since I've seen Adventure and Adventure 02. There on Netflix so may run through those quickly for grins. I do wonder if they're going to do 50 some odd episodes as those 2 seasons have for go for quality and shorten it to 26 as the norm. But like to see what crazy digimon they got for us this time. Past few seasons like the digimon they brought in but come on, give us the full royal knights.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Ccs posted:

Well, it's a press release. They want to get people hype.

We'll see when it actually airs what the quality is.

Methinks more hype would be built if they gave reasons to suggest why it would be good.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

BMB5150 posted:

Excited to see what Tri will entail. Been a few years since I've seen Adventure and Adventure 02. There on Netflix so may run through those quickly for grins. I do wonder if they're going to do 50 some odd episodes as those 2 seasons have for go for quality and shorten it to 26 as the norm. But like to see what crazy digimon they got for us this time. Past few seasons like the digimon they brought in but come on, give us the full royal knights.

Don't give Toei ideas, we've been through the Royal Knight Rigamrole twice already.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

ConanThe3rd posted:

Don't give Toei ideas, we've been through the Royal Knight Rigamrole twice already.

You can't never had enough Royal Knights :colbert:

Plus, it would be very interesting if Tai&Mat Omnimon and Davis Magnamon were Royal Knights. The sudden clash of ideologies would made for a very interesting story.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Frontier Speaks otherwise and if we're going to get Royal Knights it'll be that sort of nonsesne rather than Savers because this is Sailor Moon Crystal Toei we're talking about.

Drashin
Feb 26, 2013
I remember growing up with the first three seasons of Digimon and Tamers is probably my favorite part of the franchise. However can anyone explain to me what the Digital Hazard actually is? The only thing about it that I can remember that was explained in Tamers was that Megidramon was its avatar and that its existence could destroy the Digital World but than after Gallantmon appears it seems to be forgotten about.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

Drashin posted:

I remember growing up with the first three seasons of Digimon and Tamers is probably my favorite part of the franchise. However can anyone explain to me what the Digital Hazard actually is? The only thing about it that I can remember that was explained in Tamers was that Megidramon was its avatar and that its existence could destroy the Digital World but than after Gallantmon appears it seems to be forgotten about.

Its more of a general warning/term than a a specific power, I think, compared to say, the X-Antivirus. Ie, if a digimon exists its code is branded with the mark because it is either is or has the potential to be an inherently destructive force - so the way a real life hazardous mark is put on containers of say, toxic waste. Megidramon - and thus the line Guilmon line that can lead to him - is one such inherent force. so they get the mark. He might as well be the digimon embodiment of the end of the world, since he's a reference to Har Megiddo, or the site of the final battle as according to the Book of Revelation.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Plus, it would be very interesting if Tai&Mat Omnimon and Davis Magnamon were Royal Knights. The sudden clash of ideologies would made for a very interesting story.

What if the adventure 02 digidestined sans Kari and TK were the enemies of tri. You forgot about us in the anime so we'll make sure they'll pay. Book that down toei.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Genocyber posted:

Methinks more hype would be built if they gave reasons to suggest why it would be good.

It'll be good because it'll be good.
Tautologymon.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

So far through Adventure through Saban dub, like only 5 songs so you get happy cheery mood when Greymon digivolves to Metalgreymon, attacks Myotismon and misses both attacks and dedigivolves and happy music is done. Still holds up decently in rewatching again though that it isn't too cringe worthy.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

And it's a billion times better than 02's "YOU RUN AROUND I RUN AROUND AND WE'RE ALL GONNA RUN RUN RUN AROUND"

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
I think we can agree that Saban didn't give Digimon music as good as the music they gave the Power Rangers. As much as I'd like a song as good as Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers for Digimon, it didn't happen. That said, I wonder if the Disney music was any better.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Covok posted:

As much as I'd like a song as good as Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers for Digimon, it didn't happen.
iiiiiits' been one week

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Aw man, Cyber Sleuth is becoming a huge love letter to all the Digimon videogames.

The heroine of Digimon World Dawn/Dusk will be on the game (along the Digitize girls) Her digimon partner is unsurprisingly, Dianamon

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Oh Gross, is that terrible artist who did Devil Survivor working on this?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
They're still making Digimon games in Year Of Our Lord 2015? The last one I knew of was Digimon World 4. How many have I missed and were any of them worth looking at?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Oh Gross, is that terrible artist who did Devil Survivor working on this?
He's not a bad artist when he isn't trying to draw huge tits.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Endorph posted:

He's not a bad artist when he isn't trying to draw huge tits.

I dunno, lady on the right there has those same Perfectly Round Anti Gravity Tit-like objects that just make me laugh. Like it makes it seem like the artist has never actually seem a person let alone a titty.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I dunno, lady on the right there has those same Perfectly Round Anti Gravity Tit-like objects that just make me laugh. Like it makes it seem like the artist has never actually seem a person let alone a titty.
'when he isn't trying to draw huge tits...'

aers
Feb 15, 2012

If the Devil Survivor artist is working on it maybe the Devil Survivor cutscene animator will also work on it and he's basically top 10 in the anime industry

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Covok posted:

They're still making Digimon games in Year Of Our Lord 2015? The last one I knew of was Digimon World 4. How many have I missed and were any of them worth looking at?

Digimon World DS, it's sequels Digimon World: Dusk and Dawn, another one that was kinda lovely (World Tournament I think). Those are the ones that came out in the U.S. There's a shitload that never left Japan.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Rudoku posted:

Digimon World DS, it's sequels Digimon World: Dusk and Dawn, another one that was kinda lovely (World Tournament I think). Those are the ones that came out in the U.S. There's a shitload that never left Japan.

Apparently, one of those games that never left was a PSP RPG of the entire first season of Digimon that included everyone's warp evolutions.

I think I'm going to cry because this is never coming to the states.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Maybe we'll get a fan translation someday, there's a nearly complete one of Re:Digitize that should be released "soon", as said in the translator's blog, and the same people said they were going to do Adventure after it (though now they seem to want to do Decode instead), so...we can always pray.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Covok posted:

Apparently, one of those games that never left was a PSP RPG of the entire first season of Digimon that included everyone's warp evolutions.

Remember Ryo from Digimon Tamers? He had a whole series of games and was Veemon's first tamer. And had a Demon Lord Digimon after his booty.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Rudoku posted:

Remember Ryo from Digimon Tamers? He had a whole series of games and was Veemon's first tamer. And had a Demon Lord Digimon after his booty.

Evil God Digimon actually. It says something about me that I know this off the cuff.

Montegoraon
Aug 22, 2013

Covok posted:

Well, that one at least is getting a fan translation. It's about 2/3rds done. Or so I heard.

The villain in Ryo's games was pretty impressive. Those games may have been on the super-cheap Wonderswan, but they did well establishing how outrageously powerful he was.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Covok posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bx3AoqinpX4

Covok
May 27, 2013

So, when did Adventure' Gatoman's mega form change from Magnadramon to Ophanimon and why?

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Covok posted:

So, when did Adventure' Gatoman's mega form change from Magnadramon to Ophanimon and why?

Since Digimon Adventure for the PSP. Duh. I assume they liked it better than Holydramon and decided to retcon, remember that Ophanimon didn't exist during Adventure. They also went with Vikemon for Gomamon if you noticed.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
There was a blu-ray remaster of Adventure 01 as part of the marketing for Tri. You can see the difference in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xc9O5I20xzY

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

Finished Adventure 02. I used to like 02 over the original series but this viewing has changed it. Pacing just dragged on. Not as bad as Digimon Hunters but it's a lot of episodes that could've been thrown aside to get to the point. As cool as seeing MagnaAngemon, that episode is complete who gives a poo poo except Cody knowing why TK hates evil digimon. Lot of the episodes could have been condensed. As much as I love the WarGreymon battle, the whole point of BlackWarGreymon and Oikawa being unnatural could've been fit into the next episode where BlackWarGreymon died. Pacing and continuity needed to be worked on better.

But gives Tri ideas with how Digimon and Humanity co-exist since Humans know Digimon exists, 2 relationships of Matt/Sora and TK/Kari to develop, how about returning to Daemon and Dragomon since they're thrown in by one of the writers and then ignored, and how in the 2020s mullets return in style with TK having one.

BMB5150 fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Feb 9, 2015

KoB
May 1, 2009
Im wondering if they'll introduce a new evolution gimick or a new tier or something.

I cant imagine a whole series in which we already know all the evolutions. I mean, wheres the fun in that? How can I be 10 again without new forms?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
They could give the Adventure crew fusions, like the 02 cast got.

Fusions besides Omnimon, I mean.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I'm guessing some Mega+ form would be likely.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
I hope they get rid of DNA, I was never fond of it.

I could see the main 8 all getting Warps and a couple getting a fifth form, though I would prefer if Matt and Tai didn't steal the spotlight again.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Some Numbers posted:

though I would prefer if goggles and broody wolf rival didn't steal the spotlight again.

Just kidding its actually gonna end with Matt and Sora DNA digivolving and Tai's heart visibly breaking on screen.

SpazmasterX fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Feb 9, 2015

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

SpazmasterX posted:

Just kidding its actually gonna end with Matt and Sora DNA digivolving and Tai's heart visibly breaking on screen.

Re: your changes, I agree, but they would have to make a serious effort to do worse than Frontier in that regard.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I always loved how Tai simply had no issue with Matt and Sora getting together, like "yeah, used to like her and things didn't work out, good thing we were kids and that those two are still pals" but shippers will take it as a stab to their hearts for some reason.

Frontier was still miles ahead of 02, tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Was there any actual indication of Tai liking Sora? It's been years since I watched the dub and the Japanese version doesn't really mention anything at all beyond Davis and Kari.