Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

read the comments, by the way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

Wasn't there a story about Vince really not wanting to run this spot? Looking back at it, falling that far backwards sounds like a bad idea.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

oatgan posted:

read the comments, by the way

Well there's nothing too weird on there, I mean it's actually not that bad for youtu OH DEAR GOD.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Gatts posted:

During a height of Hunters prime Shelton beat him twice. He sucked balls on the stick and it was a tragedy because he coulda been amazing.

It's been mentioned before, but Shelton, like Carlito, were two guys WWE were gunning to make main event players. Thing was, neither of them wanted to be that. They were perfectly content to be in the midcard. Which upset WWE, who kept trying to motivate them to be the guys they wanted them to be. But it didn't work, so they ended up releasing them both (though Carlito was have wellness problems which led to his release). It was around the same time as Christian, who wanted a main event push, the crowd was chomping at him to get a main event push, but the WWE shrugged its shoulders and try to keep him in the midcard, which led to his leaving.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
So now that Macho Man is going in who is the next "Ugh, this guy got in before X?"

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Retromancer posted:

So now that Macho Man is going in who is the next "Ugh, this guy got in before X?"

Lou Thez? The Freebirds? Paul Heyman?

Actually Paul Heyman should really be given a hall of fame ring, if only for the magnificent promos he could cut about it.

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010

Retromancer posted:

Maybe Angle? He's probably somebody they would want to put in IF they were absolutely sure he's never going to wrestle again, in WWE or elsewhere.

maxallen
Nov 22, 2006

Retromancer posted:

Benoit

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010
CM Punk? :can:

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

That's the one.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Retromancer posted:

Come to think of it I'm a bit surprised Diesel isn't in yet

Or are they waiting for an nWo induction

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

Gonzo McFee posted:

Koko B Ware was a better worker than The Booty man, and I can comfortably say that having watched zero Koko B Ware matches.

Koko gets a lot of poo poo as the least-deserving non-celeb but older fans might recall that he carried the C shows for a while and made the team some money.

As for Rikishi, remember none of this matters much anyway. Plus itll be fun to see him and hes probably stoked. Theres no harm putting guys at the upper-mid level in imho.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Vertical Lime posted:

Come to think of it I'm a bit surprised Diesel isn't in yet

Didn't they induct the NWO?

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

Retromancer posted:

Owen Hart.

Goldberg if you're smart like me

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

schweens posted:

Owen Hart.

Goldberg if you're smart like me

I hope they induct Gillberg first. He was like the longest reigning Light heavyweight/ Cruiserweight champion of all time.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Retromancer posted:

The Rock

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

DeathChicken posted:

That and he did the Marty Jannetty spin bump off of clotheslines while being like 350 pounds.

Now I want a Bump Hall of Fame. The spin bump, Flair Flop, Bret into the turnbuckle, that one jobber who took bumps to the floor, X-Pac back bump from over the top rope. Foley, Ziggler and Michaels could have their own wings. Have a room with all of their spinal x-rays.

The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mr. President

Alain Post posted:

what happened to Ted Jr, anyway, was he just a charisma black hole or something

Being a black hole of charisma killed him but tying him up with his dad stuff like the Million Dollar Belt instead of trying to make him his own man sure didn't help either though WWE probably thought this was a rub. Strange I would be saying that about the son of one of WWE's most charismatic men but here we are. He left on seemingly good terms but because of the insane amount of talent they have I doubt they are interested in him at this moment of time. I hope he goes to Japan and becomes awesome like daddy did.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

There are two spin bumps worthy of the HoF - the Rikishi one off a clothesline, and the Mr Perfect one off a low kick (aka the best sell of all time)

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
They also kind of killed both him and Cody when they teased the break up of Legacy, teased Cody and Ted turning face, had Randy turn face instead and beat them both in a handicap match.

To be fair to the WWE Teddy had gently caress all charisma and Cody quite clearly can't distinguish good ideas from bad so putting Randy over both of them might have been the right idea.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Retromancer posted:

big dave batista

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

The Cosby Mysteries posted:

Being a black hole of charisma killed him but tying him up with his dad stuff like the Million Dollar Belt instead of trying to make him his own man sure didn't help either though WWE probably thought this was a rub. Strange I would be saying that about the son of one of WWE's most charismatic men but here we are. He left on seemingly good terms but because of the insane amount of talent they have I doubt they are interested in him at this moment of time. I hope he goes to Japan and becomes awesome like daddy did.

They honestly should have kept him closer to his dad's character. Like Million Dollar Man Jr is the only "son of a wrestler" gimmick that could work. Privileged, trust fund kid who spends money like crazy would work so well, especially if he started hiring wrestlers to wrestle his matches for him. Every month he has a different diva on his arm, and, hell, have Ted Sr act as his mouthpiece.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Davros1 posted:

They honestly should have kept him closer to his dad's character. Like Million Dollar Man Jr is the only "son of a wrestler" gimmick that could work. Privileged, trust fund kid who spends money like crazy would work so well, especially if he started hiring wrestlers to wrestle his matches for him. Every month he has a different diva on his arm, and, hell, have Ted Sr act as his mouthpiece.

They tried that, it didn't work.

A lot of that was because instead of having videos where Ted goes out and spends loads of money they had him come out and go "See me? I have loads of money. Yeah."

Biggest problem with modern WWE is the fact that they tell and then immediately prove that the telling was wrong by showing that the truth is in fact the exact opposite.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Gatts posted:

During a height of Hunters prime Shelton beat him twice. He sucked balls on the stick and it was a tragedy because he coulda been amazing.

This was like the first of seventeen abortive attempts to get Shelton over. I think Shelton actually beat him three times.

The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mr. President

Davros1 posted:

Huh never thought about it that way. I guess it was one of those good idea/poor execution deals. DiBiase looked like a preppy stereotype so they could have dialed it to 11 on that.

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
saw this on Wreddit:

http://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/2vcp7u/wwes_building_of_new_stars_in_4_charts/

previous 10 years:

halfway points of the 10-year mark:

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Retromancer posted:

shelton's mama

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Davros1 posted:

If I recall right Ted Senior was 100% against that idea I believe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Tezzor posted:

saw this on Wreddit:

Jesus Christ.

• Locked thread