Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
white castle best burger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Gatts posted:

From Fast Food Experiences

1. Johnny Rockets
2. Shake Shack
3. Whattaburger
4. Fatburger
5. Swensons
6. Steak and Shake
7. In and Out
8. L.A. Burger
9. Five Guys
10. Smashburger
11. Brown Bag

From sit downs

1. TBD
2. Red Robin
3. B Spot
Other places like Winking Lizard and poo poo but gently caress man so many places I've burged. SO MUCH BURG.

Lizardville is v much better than standard Winking Lizard fare way better than Red Robin etc. Since you seem to be Cleveland area though, Brennan's is better for east side eatin RIP jim and Rush Inn is better for west side eatin.

edit sayin cleveland cuz nowhere else got th' lizard

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

white castle best burger

good enough to get its own comedy movie.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i kinda want to try and see if a chile relleno would work on a burg

i think it would, imo

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

etalian posted:

good enough to get its own comedy movie.

I had White Castle FROM White Castle for the first time a few months ago. It's really only a Jersey thing and when visiting my cousin and his family, we decided to do a late night White Castle run. Up until this point, the only White Castle experience I had was the frozen ones from 7-11.

Terrible. Just loving Terrible. I thought getting it directly from the source would be better and explain a bit more about Harold and Kumar's obsession with it, but nope. I seriously think the 7-11 frozen ones were better, but it's been years, so who knows.

gently caress White Castle.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Shadow posted:

I had White Castle FROM White Castle for the first time a few months ago. It's really only a Jersey thing and when visiting my cousin and his family, we decided to do a late night White Castle run. Up until this point, the only White Castle experience I had was the frozen ones from 7-11.

Terrible. Just loving Terrible. I thought getting it directly from the source would be better and explain a bit more about Harold and Kumar's obsession with it, but nope. I seriously think the 7-11 frozen ones were better, but it's been years, so who knows.

gently caress White Castle.

Well in all fairness they were big stoners in the movie.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i ate those frozen whitecastle burgers (from costco i think) and they were alright.

my dad ate a few and then his appendix burst so take that as you will

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

etalian posted:

That's fair, but still. Just TERRIBLE.

I even got some of them with bacon. They were WORSE!

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

etalian posted:

Louis Lunch is a good burgering time machine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qz5xO-UydTk

probably worse than a modern burger since it uses toast slices instead of a conventional bun

etalian fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Feb 9, 2015

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

best thing about st paul really.

Also, Seattle's best

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
someone from Philly or NYC buy this https://www.groupon.com/deals/pyt

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
thats... just nasty

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
do no want that burg

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~
haha what are those fried chicken livers??? on a donut???

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

I dont want no scrub burg

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

there's this local burger chain that does monthly burger types and in december it was a korean burger with some type of korean mayo and kimchi on it and it was loving delicious. wish it was year round.

frisco melt from steak and shake is pro tier as well

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
there's a 24 hour steak and shake like five minutes from my folks place and even though i dont think their food is amazing or anything if id lived five minutes from a 24 hour steak and shake during my four day binge drinking college years id weigh a fancy 400 pounds now

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
ive never seen/been to a steak and shake but its got a funny name so

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

Chinatown posted:

ive never seen/been to a steak and shake but its got a funny name so
It's good every once in a while really thin patties with crispy edges and toasted buns and poo poo. The fries are tiny little shoestring things that you eat with your fork which is good for a change of pace but I wouldn't eat it more than once every couple months or something.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

sugar free jazz posted:

Lizardville is v much better than standard Winking Lizard fare way better than Red Robin etc. Since you seem to be Cleveland area though, Brennan's is better for east side eatin RIP jim and Rush Inn is better for west side eatin.

edit sayin cleveland cuz nowhere else got th' lizard

Kick rear end man. Thanks. Yeah there be a Lizardville where I live. I'm gonna do your suggestions.

And Johnny Rockets might be nostalgia but that was great greasy heart attack goodness. Everything was tasty.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Gentlemen we can ill afford a burger gap.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
any recent hot advances in burger technology I may not know about

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

im going to get a burger right now

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Monkey Fracas posted:

any recent hot advances in burger technology I may not know about

Putting stuff in the burger itself looks like the new hotness. Either stuffed in the patty or blended into the meat. HEB grocery stores had premade burger patties that had poblano peppers and cheddar blended in and it gives me a half-chub thinking about how good they were. I'd eat those bitches on a toasted bun with just a little spread of mayo on top fffffffuck

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

SpazmasterX posted:

Putting stuff in the burger itself looks like the new hotness. Either stuffed in the patty or blended into the meat. HEB grocery stores had premade burger patties that had poblano peppers and cheddar blended in and it gives me a half-chub thinking about how good they were. I'd eat those bitches on a toasted bun with just a little spread of mayo on top fffffffuck
I thought those hebs werent allowed to mix meat and cheese.

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~
the b stands for butt lmao

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
BurgerTech

*burger flies into the air, noisily transforming into a patty melt on rye*

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
putting poo poo into the patty is mostly lame as poo poo and shouldnt be done IMO

good meat, salt, good toppings is all you need

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Chinatown posted:

putting poo poo into the patty is mostly lame as poo poo and shouldnt be done IMO

When I make my own burgers, I usually throw in chopped up bacon. It's pretty awesome actually so you're wrong. :)

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

Chinatown posted:

I had a lucy filled with JIF pb and topped with bacon and it was p. good.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Chinatown posted:

on the flip side

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyG4y7y5BCY

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Shadow posted:

When I make my own burgers, I usually throw in chopped up bacon. It's pretty awesome actually so you're wrong. :)

Ok well putting more meat into a meat patty doesnt really count as adding poo poo as its more meat! theres a place that does a 50/50 beef/bacon burger and its good as poo poo.

also the juicy lucy looks well done

alot of people put crap into their patties like eggs, breadcrumbs, cheese and it basically ends up dry and not good.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Shadow posted:

sorry but mixing stuff in makes it a meatloaf sandwich.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The beauty of good burger is in the simplicity.

Also for any good meat grilling make sure to buy a pepper and salt sea grinder.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

the perfect burger has chili, cheese, onions, and extra jalapenos

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Chinatown posted:

Ok well putting more meat into a meat patty doesnt really count as adding poo poo as its more meat! theres a place that does a 50/50 beef/bacon burger and its good as poo poo.

also the juicy lucy looks well done

alot of people put crap into their patties like eggs, breadcrumbs, cheese and it basically ends up dry and not good.

but it doesn't really dry it out? and the eggs aren't put into the burger they're mixed into the meat; the whole point is to make the meat easier to shape and not shrink on the grill

this isn't the pizza thread, we're not animals tearing each other to pieces over the correct toppings, let's keep open-minded

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_4nupAxvNw

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
patties shouldnt fall apart when cooked properly.

if you are using anything leaner than 80/20 then you are gonna have a bad time

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

Chinatown posted:

i ate those frozen whitecastle burgers (from costco i think) and they were alright.

my dad ate a few and then his appendix burst so take that as you will

I got my appendicitis from either playing a jaw harp that fell on the floor or from some Mexican restaurant (Qdoba maybe?)'s chicken fajitas.

This thread is making me want to try every burger chain in the US. Might make for a good documentary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

I still struggle with chicken burgers. Burgers should be beef

Leroy Dennui posted:

This thread is making me want to try every burger chain in the US. Might make for a good documentary.

I would watch that.

• Locked thread