Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Sober posted:

I saw the clips about this but I never honestly understood why the gently caress ER had to stoop to those levels of "CARAZY DARAMA".

ER was always basically a soap opera, vengeful helicopters is bound to happen eventually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

im crewing for this

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Aye Doc posted:

season 11 is probably the last season that's actually good, but things start going off the rails into insanity a few seasons before that. they just managed to make it the good & enjoyable kind of insanity

if you continue to watch beyond 11, you get the gifts of Dr. John Leguizamo and Dr. John Stamos but the show is awful otherwise

Season 15 (the last one) was pretty solid, I felt. It's helped by removing all the Abby / Luka horseshit so early on.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
OK so I don't want to say that the last episode of 'The Walking Dead' was oddly poetic...but it was. Greg Nicotero did a great job of directing it. On a scripting level it could be another episode, but it didn't look or feel like anything the show had done before.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

SHUPS 4 DETH posted:

:tinfoil: time

Marry Me didn't get a full back order (effectively cancelled), so Casey Wilson isn't busy.
Benched got cancelled, so Eliza Coupe is free.
Damon Wayans Jr and Adam Pally just left New Girl and Mindy Project, respectively.
Elisha Cuthbert and Zach Knighton are both on mid-season comedies that only have 6 ep orders that are almost certainly in the can by now.

And the writers of Happy Endings posted this on Twitter.

I am trying unsuccessfully not to be really excited even though the countdown ends on April 1st.

http://deadline.com/2015/02/damon-wayans-jr-new-girl-exit-pilot-offers-1201367065/

Bumblebee
May 23, 2007

Clever Betty

DrVenkman posted:

OK so I don't want to say that the last episode of 'The Walking Dead' was oddly poetic...but it was. Greg Nicotero did a great job of directing it. On a scripting level it could be another episode, but it didn't look or feel like anything the show had done before.

I'm still on the fence about the episode. I liked it, but it was definitely one of the weirdest episodes they've done. I'm gonna have to do a rewatch.

I don't post or read much in TVIV and I made the mistake of going into the TWD thread after the ep. Goddamn...everyone in there must be trolling, right??

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Are they frothing at the mouth and saying the show is terrible and the people are stupid?

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Bumblebee posted:

I don't post or read much in TVIV and I made the mistake of going into the TWD thread after the ep. Goddamn

And there's a mistake you won't make again.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

The two threads I will never again visit are The Walking Dead and Game of Thrones. gently caress both of them.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

zoux posted:

Are they frothing at the mouth and saying the show is terrible and the people are stupid?

It's a lot of "Ugh how did X happen because back in X episode this person was able to spot a zombie from a mile away". I feel like in threads like that, people want a very mechanical explaination for why things happen.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

DrVenkman posted:

It's a lot of "Ugh how did X happen because back in X episode this person was able to spot a zombie from a mile away". I feel like in threads like that, people want a very mechanical explaination for why things happen.

Well remember that these posters have spent literally hundreds of hours talking and fantasizing about what they would do in a zombie apocalypse while the characters in the show have not and are also subject to the needs of story telling and man it's just a bad thread filled with people who don't know how to watch TV.

This one goes out to Division Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRnS8FkcXNk

zoux fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Feb 9, 2015

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

zoux posted:

Well remember that these posters have spent literally hundreds of hours talking and fantasizing about what they would do in a zombie apocalypse while the characters in the show have not and are also subject to the needs of story telling and man it's just a bad thread filled with people who don't know how to watch TV.

This one goes out to Division Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRnS8FkcXNk

I'll watch anything Kyle Chandler, Linda Cardellini, or Sissy Spacek did, but that looks pretty rough. Thank God for Netflix.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The gently caress looks rough about it?

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

zoux posted:

The gently caress looks rough about it?

Well, Damages itself was kind of a bad hand played well, where the actors would elevate some absurd melodramatic material in order to make it work. Not that I'm complaining, mind: though I haven't watched much past the second season, I loved the game they were playing, and watching the likes of Glenn Close play it made the whole package sweeter. But that doesn't change the fact that the actual content is shaky, and there are people who just won't buy in because of it.

It also doesn't help that the cover of "Nothing Else Matters" they used was just weak, and that dragged down the trailer as a whole. I may make fun of Walking Dead thread posters for being terrible at watching TV, but they totally get to make fun of me for thumbing through Spotify, trying to Monday Morning Quarterback a better song.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

DivisionPost posted:

Well, Damages itself was kind of a bad hand played well, where the actors would elevate some absurd melodramatic material in order to make it work. Not that I'm complaining, mind: though I haven't watched much past the second season, I loved the game they were playing, and watching the likes of Glenn Close play it made the whole package sweeter. But that doesn't change the fact that the actual content is shaky, and there are people who just won't buy in because of it.

It also doesn't help that the cover of "Nothing Else Matters" they used was just weak, and that dragged down the trailer as a whole. I may make fun of Walking Dead thread posters for being terrible at watching TV, but they totally get to make fun of me for thumbing through Spotify, trying to Monday Morning Quarterback a better song.

Challenge mode: Find a better song for the opening montage in Better Call Saul last night.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

DivisionPost posted:

Did you see that Kyle Chandler is in it

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Apparently some production company bought infomercial space on FXX last night and aired an unauthorized pilot for a Wheel of Time TV show. :psyduck:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I remember seeing the pilot to Big Bang Theory at like 2am on CBS during the summer before it started, but that was just some preview thing they were doing.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Mo0 posted:

Challenge mode: Find a better song for the opening montage in Better Call Saul last night.

I'm conceding, there's no way you can top that.

zoux posted:

Did you see that Kyle Chandler is in it

Well, yeah, obviously I've got March 20th blocked off.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Holy poo poo. Red Eagle has been terrible for years, battling with Jordan's widow. But this is another level of hosed up.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Sounds like it was them trying to sneak through a contract by shoving a minimal effort production through the door to keep the rights.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

muscles like this? posted:

Sounds like it was them trying to sneak through a contract by shoving a minimal effort production through the door to keep the rights.

Well, obviously.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Corman Fantastic Four redux...only worse quality.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

muscles like this? posted:

Well sure, same deal with the Corman Fantastic 4, only this aired. It's just amazing to me that sneaking something like under the radar is allowed and still counts.

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.

Am suprised FXX would agree to that.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Xandu posted:

I guess it depends on how they check stuff for the paid programming slot. Like, I assume they're mostly paying attention to vulgarity/nudity.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

thrawn527 posted:

Well sure, same deal with the Corman Fantastic 4, only this aired. It's just amazing to me that sneaking something like under the radar is allowed and still counts.

Based on the quotes out of the Jordan camp, sounds like we're about to find out whether or not it does.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Xandu posted:

They didn't. This was literally an infomercial that was actually a TV show.

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.
Yeah but you think someone would have vetted it or something, especially since it's not totally clear they even had the rights to make it.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

In general nobody cares what airs at 1:30 am. Just ask Carson Daly.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Xandu posted:

Yeah but you think someone would have vetted it or something, especially since it's not totally clear they even had the rights to make it.

It's probably going to come down to how the courts define good-faith, because from what I read that show was written, directed, shot, and edited within 3 weeks and they filmed and wrote all the action in a single day. It's literal garbage and got on probably because FXX probably had the most lax requirements for buying infomercial time.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010
The pilots up on youtube, I hope its lovely in an entertaining way

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Hey Ma, who's that band I like? Oh yeah, Hall & Oates.
NBC's Peacock Panel just showed me the trailer for the new Christian Slater show "Mr. Robot." It asked me about the title, and gave a bunch of awful ones (including Mr. Robot) I kept picking "reboot" as the only not terrible one, but the others were like "SHFT CTRL" and "F_Troop" or something. I had never heard of the show, and assumed "Mr. Robot" was a fake name while they were trying to get me to pick Reboot (but I just kept commenting how if it wasn't a remake of the 90's cartoon, why bother?) http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/usas-hacker-drama-mr-robot-759510

Anyway, the TRAILER was really good, and the show looks really well put together. So the kid has some kind of cyberpunk / supernatural hacking powers in his head - he sees Men in Black following him around, and the Corporations are running the Government - Slater plays his mentor that picks him up in the subway - typical Shadowrun type stuff. Anyway, it looked really good, and I'll definitely check it out.

But that name is terrible. Really, really terrible.

Chamberk
Jan 11, 2004

when there is nothing left to burn you have to set yourself on fire
I will definitely watch it if it is called Mr. Robot.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

You'd think they could've just gone all the way and put an extra "o" at the end of the name.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Mr. Robot is an 80s sitcom about a family with a robot butler.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
Seems like "Mister Reboot" would cover most bases if it was pronounced in some vague accent.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Mr. Robit

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

savinhill posted:

Should have just broadcast this on a loop for an hour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

savinhill posted:

Holy poo poo, Billy Zane is in this thing as Ishamael/Elan.

• Locked thread