Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

It's a soft defense. IE by saying it's not scummy she was defending you. She did it weakly because she didn't want to strongly defend a scumbuddy. It's too soft for a town-cred/favour defending. She has no reason to comment except to try and gain something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Tremendous Taste posted:

no it isn't, stealing implies taking from someone else rather than taking something nobody has a claim to

You're being pedantic on language. You took all those items for yourself which is not very helpful.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Amoeba102 posted:

It's a soft defense. IE by saying it's not scummy she was defending you. She did it weakly because she didn't want to strongly defend a scumbuddy. It's too soft for a town-cred/favour defending. She has no reason to comment except to try and gain something.

that's really reaching, it's a jokey post

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Tremendous Taste posted:

no i'm just saying you're cowardly in avoiding acknowledging you're wrong

Your post was a snipe, not an alignment call. When I pushed you on it you made a hedge of an alignment call. You haven't made an alignment call on me at all based on my play across the whole game, only based on one opinion of an unflipped player.

You have lurked, you have not made cases, you have not looked for scum and none of your claims about the items you had or where they are now can be backed up by a single player or event in this thread. You think your role should save you when you vote for a player with the same role.

Please tell me where I am "wrong".

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Amoeba102 posted:

You're being pedantic on language. You took all those items for yourself which is not very helpful.

alternatively i'm sorting through what backfires and what won't, which is extremely helpful

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Your post was a snipe, not an alignment call. When I pushed you on it you made a hedge of an alignment call. You haven't made an alignment call on me at all based on my play across the whole game, only based on one opinion of an unflipped player.

You have lurked, you have not made cases, you have not looked for scum and none of your claims about the items you had or where they are now can be backed up by a single player or event in this thread. You think your role should save you when you vote for a player with the same role.

Please tell me where I am "wrong".

you haven't told me what post you're even referring to yet, which i've asked for twice explicitly and more than that implicitly

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

it's staggering to me that you're willing to put together a tea leaves conspiracy from joke posts and a null action while constructing reasons to excuse posters with a worse record in thread and/or weird action history

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Tremendous Taste posted:

that's really reaching, it's a jokey post

It's an odd time for a jokey post. Maybe it is reaching, I'm not sure. My gut still says it's a soft defense of a scumbuddy.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Tremendous Taste posted:

alternatively i'm sorting through what backfires and what won't, which is extremely helpful

If we trust your word.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Tremendous Taste posted:

you haven't told me what post you're even referring to yet, which i've asked for twice explicitly and more than that implicitly

The one I specifically quoted when I replied to you the first time. Geez.

Tremendous Taste posted:

you could be a bit more subtle in covering for tnl

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Amoeba102 posted:

If we trust your word.

alternatively you trust... ?

i fail to believe i'm the only one who knows items are a double-edged sword from direct word of mod

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

TT has spent more effort defending himself in the past hour than he has in hunting scum for the entire game. What other case do you need besides that?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

fiery_valkyrie posted:

The one I specifically quoted when I replied to you the first time. Geez.

you're mad about that :what:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

The Ninth Layer posted:

TT has spent more effort defending himself in the past hour than he has in hunting scum for the entire game. What other case do you need besides that?

on the other hand you've had a tantrum and lurked

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I've got the fifth highest post count and you're calling me a lurker? That's a good one.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I'll vote for Taste but I want Valk to tell me what is townie about fits or, rather, what isn't scummy.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

you've been getting lighter and lighter as someone else gets attention

whereas I'm unafraid to invest because even if i get lynched there's content

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Tremendous Taste posted:

you've been getting lighter and lighter as someone else gets attention

I spent last week organizing and running a conference that I also presented a poster at. It didn't keep me from posting or playing this game. I have no idea how you could claim I have been lurking.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

i'm referencing today, which you might imagine by any sort of contextual awareness

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Tremendous Taste posted:

There is? Where did you hide it?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

TT "unafraid to invest" in a game where his vote history included:
- merk for "posting tumblr levels of outrage" whatever that means
- Somber because "he feels iffy"
- Chic because it was deadline
- PMom who was claimed against
- me out of self-preservation

Such investment!

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

fiery_valkyrie posted:

There is? Where did you hide it?

up and down the last 5 to 6 pages

content is more than dry casing which i won't ever stoop to town, 3p, scum or otherwise

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Tremendous Taste posted:

i'm referencing today, which you might imagine by any sort of contextual awareness

By any standard you want to apply, I have been incredibly active since this Saturday.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

The Ninth Layer posted:

TT "unafraid to invest" in a game where his vote history included:
- merk for "posting tumblr levels of outrage" whatever that means
- Somber because "he feels iffy"
- Chic because it was deadline
- PMom who was claimed against
- me out of self-preservation

Such investment!

it's more than waiting for deadline and jumping in with a :smug: to try and push votes off myself~

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

The Ninth Layer posted:

By any standard you want to apply, I have been incredibly active since this Saturday.

you disappeared this very evening for a few hours after your tantrum

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Apparently attempting to play mafia is "stooping"

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
You guys having the same avatar is terrible.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Oh valkyrie~~~

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Apparently attempting to play mafia is "stooping"

no, but restricting the way i play to the demands of others' expectations is

I don't enjoy what SA tends to look at as the correct way to play so I don't do it until it comes naturally

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Tremendous Taste posted:

it's more than waiting for deadline and jumping in with a :smug: to try and push votes off myself~

I honestly do not know what kind of point you're trying to get across in this post.

Tremendous Taste posted:

you disappeared this very evening for a few hours after your tantrum

This very evening being... Monday afternoon? Uhh it's five o'clock here where I live and believe it or not Monday happens to be a work day. Next you'll accuse me of lurking for eight-hour sessions every night.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

merk posted:

You guys having the same avatar is terrible.

you not having this avatar is terrible

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

The Ninth Layer posted:

I honestly do not know what kind of point you're trying to get across in this post.

This very evening being... Monday afternoon? Uhh it's five o'clock here where I live and believe it or not Monday happens to be a work day. Next you'll accuse me of lurking for eight-hour sessions every night.

I'm remaining active during work, why can't you :smuggo:

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

So yeah you're just making poo poo up now. Get lynched.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

The Ninth Layer posted:

So yeah you're just making poo poo up now. Get lynched.

i'm making fun of you for being a baby and running away when yelling at people doesn't convince them you're town

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

But I didn't run away so again you're just making poo poo up. I've been pretty direct with people who have expressed suspicion toward me.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

The Ninth Layer posted:

If you think I'm scum then vote me you pussy.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

The Ninth Layer posted:

But I didn't run away so again you're just making poo poo up.

what's the two-hour gap?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

True and Real posted:

I'll vote for Taste but I want Valk to tell me what is townie about fits or, rather, what isn't scummy.

I agree with most of his opinions. I don't see anything in his play that seems contradictory or suspicious. He will involve himself in major discussions. I think those behaviours are less likely from scum.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

every bit of tnl's :qqsay: is bad faith or just needlessly aggressive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Tremendous Taste posted:

what's the two-hour gap?

Me calibrating an experiment setup with my boss and discussing where next we're going to take our project. So yeah work poo poo. Not exactly "running away."

• Locked thread