Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

Dio was the message in Urian or Atharian?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
I wonder if an event like this is specifically why Ishamal is stationed out here, if indeed he is.

Kinda dropped the ball on Ibleam then, I feel. Though maybe he's only supposed to step in if/when the actual King or proper authorities fail.

Or they just waited until he was away with Ibleam. Never did find out where he was at that time.

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

B: No man gets left behind! EEELLL!

Ouroborus
Mar 31, 2010

I really only come here for the Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens CYOA these days.
SA was one of the first websites I ever frequented, waaaaay back in the day. I only got off my ass and got an account about 8 years ago. I bought the platinum upgrade recently.

SerSpook posted:

We totally have an ace up our sleeve and don't know it. This isn't a demon, why would a demon stop us from making a hole in our defenses.

Then again, the wall is reasonably safe, so far we've killed several hundred fishmen by hand and by bow. Remember when we used the senses we don't really understand and felt something grip out heart for an instant? It could be a demon who wants to eat / corrupt us, and knows that whatever contribution we make on the wall will at least keep us safer.

Voting A
Let's not argue with people who can tell we're an idiot without even being there.

Althair
Jul 26, 2006
words are weapons
B

Save a life, purge the city of darkness. EEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

You leap down the wall to help the poor wretch currently screaming in agony as he is consumed alive by many mouths. You land with a THUD, grab the creature and even as you do, a new mouth forms and fights at your hands! You bash it with your other hand but what is such a mighty blow to this amorphous blob of flesh, this nightmarish amalgamation of teeth and throbbing eyes? You throw the creature high and far to the west, it soars over the wall. The thing can't fly it seems, except through the force of your throw for it flies high indeed.

The man at your feet is out of time, he bleeds from many places and his left leg is shattered, his chest has been ripped open. Yet a body can take great injury and yet live. The man is dying, but not dead. You have seen men die in terrible ways, if you are force to place your grisly wager, he may still be in for a few minutes of agony before he dies. He gurgles and blood flows out of his mouth as his only reply.

1. You...
A. Kill him.
B. Kill him, then return to the battle on the wall!
C. Kill him, then flee for your life!

D. Return to the battle, do not kill him.
E. Flee for your life, screw his agony, you have to get out of here!

Diogines fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Feb 10, 2015

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

D I want the guys blue spirit thingy to stay in him and not eaten as long as possible, just in case there's a game changer coming.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
Diogines: Did we bring any of Indors medicine?

Althair
Jul 26, 2006
words are weapons
D

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

B - mercy is never misplaced. End his suffering with a prayer to El and get back to work on the wall

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
F. Tear the heart out of his chest, still beating, and absorb his soul as we dine on this delicacy. This brave warrior will lend us his strength, and within us, will have his vengeance!

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Who thought fighting Shub-Niggurath was a good idea? :colbert:

D

Mr Apollo
Jan 1, 2013
D, "It must be agony, but trust me you have to hold on as long as possible."

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Swedish Thaumocracy posted:

Diogines: Did we bring any of Indors medicine?

An excellent question!

Diogines posted:

You wake Naomi and tell her what you have seen. You share a brief embrace and she says "Come home in one piece." You grab your bow, spear, shield and large bundle of a hundred arrows, what is left of your stash Indor's medicine and...

You run.

This is two doses of the stronger sort and two of the weaker sort.

Both perform one function, sealing wounds and preventing a man from bleeding to death. They are not useful against crushing wounds or damaged organs. If it was simply a matter of the mans chest being badly cut it would be one thing. The mans chest is broken open.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

B - It's a mercy. I don't expect anyone to show up casting Cure Mass Wounds anytime soon, and I honestly suspect he'll turn into a zombie.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
Perhaps someone else can use it then. Elihaba, us, or someone on the walls.

D.
Hang in there buddy, let's get him back up on the wall.

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

B: Mercy... mercy is never misplaced.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

the_steve posted:

B - It's a mercy. I don't expect anyone to show up casting Cure Mass Wounds anytime soon, and I honestly suspect he'll turn into a zombie.

But something must be coming soon, otherwise what was that message about? If whatever is going to happen can hold poo poo it bay, his soul may have a better chance of not being eaten if he dies then as opposed to now.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

hollylolly posted:

B - mercy is never misplaced. End his suffering with a prayer to El and get back to work on the wall

This

Schwza
Apr 28, 2008
D if his body can hold on long enough his soul might not get devoured by Asherahs hunger.

Bede
Jun 2, 2006

I wasn't even around for the goblin baby vote

hollylolly posted:

this

Ouroborus
Mar 31, 2010

I really only come here for the Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens CYOA these days.
SA was one of the first websites I ever frequented, waaaaay back in the day. I only got off my ass and got an account about 8 years ago. I bought the platinum upgrade recently.

Dammerung posted:

B: Mercy... mercy is never misplaced.

In this case the present suffering prevents untold agonies. If he dies before 'the bass' drops, he will be consumed by the storm.
With that in mind I vote d with a dash of "Live as long as possible. I know it hurts, but you have to live as long as possible!"

sotary
Sep 11, 2001
D

Is mercy killing even a thing in Ur? Also, anyone that dies now is going straight to the hungering maw of Asherah.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
Voting D.

Diog, these updates are making me sad. First the turtles and now this.

Edit: Changed vote to D. Don't know if souls are going to get sucked up again.

Deadly Ham Sandwich fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Feb 10, 2015

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

1: Start New Game
2: Start New Game
3: Start New Game

:aaa:

Mr Apollo posted:

D, "It must be agony, but trust me you have to hold on as long as possible."

Give him a better shot at the mountain

Althair
Jul 26, 2006
words are weapons
All you B votes consider, there's no mercy in this killing. It's straight into the jaws of the storm for souls right now.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Toughy posted:

Dio was the message in Urian or Atharian?
Urian.

OrangeOrbit
Apr 27, 2008
Fun Shoe
D

This hurts me more than it hurts you.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

sotary posted:

D

Is mercy killing even a thing in Ur? Also, anyone that dies now is going straight to the hungering maw of Asherah.

Broadly, no. Not for the sick or the old or the dying or those dying of disease. A man who falls on the battlefield is about the only exception. And for what it is worth, this is actually came up once before! Not that I expect anyone to remember it from ages ago in this huge thread, but Ur's cultural norms are consistent!

OfChristandMen
Feb 14, 2006

GENERIC CANDY AVATAR #2
D - "The agony of the body is nothing compared to the devouring of your soul."

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003
1. You...
D. Return to the battle, do not kill him.

I know it hurts, but you want to live as long as possible, trust me.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Diogines posted:

Broadly, no. Not for the sick or the old or the dying or those dying of disease. A man who falls on the battlefield is about the only exception. And for what it is worth, this is actually came up once before! Not that I expect anyone to remember it from ages ago in this huge thread, but Ur's cultural norms are consistent!

So in the exact case we are referring to it is socially okay.

OfChristandMen posted:

D - "The agony of the body is nothing compared to the devouring of your soul."

Oh! Well I'm sure THAT will make the guy with his chest ripped open like a demon feel a hell of a lot better.

I know it made ME feel better....

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.

FoxTerrier posted:

D I want the guys blue spirit thingy to stay in him and not eaten as long as possible, just in case there's a game changer coming.

Well said. D

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
I don't know if the demon plans on sucking up more souls. Maybe we should leave this guy to suffer. Better than a demon eating your soul.

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003
It's not mercy if it means your soul gets eaten by a demon.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Question for Diog. Do any of the medicines lessen pain?

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
D

Cat Wings
Oct 12, 2012

D :ohdear:

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

SerSpook posted:

Diogines, I want to politely thank the voice and give out a great cry to El.

The fact that it told us Not You suggests something is in the works here. If it were a demon, it'd not give a gently caress.

A and ditto That second message was really funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
B