Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Probably Infected
Feb 17, 2010
College Slice
Knew it would be Vic.

Edit: Just a great great episode setting up so much stuff.

Probably Infected fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Feb 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Aaah, this guy

makoto20
Nov 23, 2006
more mando!

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Laundering! edit nope

makoto20
Nov 23, 2006
I've been thinking about the definition of insanity, jimmy

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I like where this is going. A lot.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
"Think of it as a finder's fee."

Ray Milkbringer
Sep 7, 2008

Damn fool, I knew that you were gonna say that.
Oh he's in the game.

ebg
Mar 31, 2008

drat, this show is fantastic.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Michael Mando is loving perfect casting for the Breaking Bad universe. I'm more excited for more of this show than I ever expected to be.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Man it really makes you feel for Saul, he was just trying to get one damned client out of frustration and it leads to him accidentally getting involved with this. It's a good commentary on the idea that "the game" pulls people in whether they want to be in it or not sometimes.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

hcreight posted:

Michael Mando is loving perfect casting for the Breaking Bad universe. I'm more excited for more of this show than I ever expected to be.
Yeah, same. Hell, even a couple weeks ago, I was not expecting to enjoy this show nearly as much as I am.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
Vince Gilligan is a loving genius. How pissed do you think HBO is for turning down BB and not having him in there camp?

It was BB and not Mad Men HBO turned down right?

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Vicodiva posted:

"It's showtime" gahhhhhhh...I am in love with this show.

Which movie is he quoting, beetlejuice? or all that jazz? I feel like he's a beetlejuice guy.

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.
I can't wait to hear the context for the "sex robot voice" line.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

Genuinely surprised at all the "didn't think I would like it this much" sentiment. You guys are obviously all Breaking Bad fans, right? What would make you not think this show was going to be incredible?

I'm glad that it's good but I certainly expected it to be.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

I didn't think Saul was a deep enough character to carry a show and after two episodes I can't believe that's actually what I thought. Bob Odenkirk and the writers have made Saul someone to root for, feel sorry for, laugh with, and laugh at after only two episodes. His turn into a criminal piece of poo poo is gonna be tougher to watch than I imagined, but I can already see that element in his character

beefart
Jul 5, 2007

IT'S ON THE HOUSE OF AMON
~grandmaaaaaaa~
This show owns, Nacho owns, and Holy gently caress I just now realized that he's Vaas from Far Cry :psyduck:

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

ShoogaSlim posted:

Genuinely surprised at all the "didn't think I would like it this much" sentiment. You guys are obviously all Breaking Bad fans, right? What would make you not think this show was going to be incredible?

Basically what I just said, I was wondering if a comic relief character like Saul could be the focus point of a dramatic show

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

ShoogaSlim posted:

How is someone getting inside his office every time he's out of it to move that chair in the path of the door :confused:

I thought this same thing and immediately realised I didn't care. I'm enjoying this show too much for that :allears:

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
I was truly not expecting this show to be nearly as good as it is so far. That desert negotiation scene is pitch perfect and immediately sold me on the show.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

ShoogaSlim posted:

I don't know. I knew some of the same people were going to be working on it, but I guess I just had it in my head that a Breaking Bad spinoff would never be able to capture that same magic that Breaking Bad did, even if it was focused on a great character from Breaking Bad.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
This show has the same wonderful intensity and cinematography, and even more of the humor of Breaking Bad. Not sure why I ever had any doubts!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Forgive us, Vince, for we knew not what you were up to.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

ShoogaSlim posted:

Spin-offs are always dangerous territory, even when they're by people who make good TV. I think there was legitimate reason to be worried that AMC gave Gilligan a boatload of money to make a show he would mail in. But I like where things are going so far.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
Rewatching the montage and I think my favorite part is when Mike doesn't even bother to count the stickers the last time.

Ersatz
Sep 17, 2005

This show is a documentary. Don't go to law school kids.

Seriously though, the poo poo Saul goes through when he's honestly trying to do his work is painfully close to what a lot of my classmates endured during the recession. "I want to not starve to death."

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Ersatz posted:

This show is a documentary. Don't go to law school kids.

Seriously though, the poo poo Saul goes through when he's honestly trying to do his work is painfully close to what a lot of my classmates endured during the recession. "I want to not starve to death."

Yeah this should be required watching for anyone thinking of going to law school, especially anyone without the credentials to get into a top law school.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Saul just couldn't stand watching that guy breaking bread.
Heh.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Oh man, that whole thing in the desert with Tuco was fantastic. I love his buddy that is the voice of reason. Tuco really wanted to be targeted by the feds so he was overjoyed to think Jim was a actaully Special Agent Steele, but his friend is all "dude, you were going to cut his finger off, he would say anything you wanted".

The only thing I worry about the show is it having too many "hey here's that thing from breaking bad you liked!" over and over. Something like Mike makes sense, because he's part of the story. But say if Jesse shows up, or hell Gale, it will feel to forced.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I liked the All That Jazz montage and Saul quoting the movie. I hope he keeps making movie references through the whole show.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

ShoogaSlim posted:

Seemed like AMC was grasping at straws to stay relevant since Mad Men's ending and Breaking Bad is over.

I was fool to doubt Gilligan.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Ghdhjfruubseeyuhvcbkoor

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

Ghdhjfruubseeyuhvcbkoor
Neat.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
Tuco's reaction to Operation: Kingbreaker was so perfectly Tuco. I love everything about this show so far. Echoing everyone else on feeling foolish for being so skeptical initially.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Dangerous Person posted:

I liked the All That Jazz montage and Saul quoting the movie. I hope he keeps making movie references through the whole show.

Here's the scene from the movie, in case people were wondering: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5URCGyMINg.

All That Jazz is a seriously cool movie.

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock
What an excellent, excellent show already. Vince Gilligan truly is my God.

This is from the first episode, but did anyone else catch this little easter egg? When Jimmy first goes over to Chuck's place, he puts his keys and his wallet in the mailbox. On his keychain is a car lock accessory... a red one. I wouldn't even have caught it if it weren't for the fact that tonight, before the 1st episode encore, they played the final episode of Breaking Bad.

TheAngryDrunk
Jan 31, 2003

"I don't know why I know that; I took four years of Spanish."
Yeah, I'm kind of surprised at how many people didn't trust Vince Gilligan to make an amazing show.

Bulkiest Toaster
Jan 22, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Great show so far... only negative is the cinnabon product placement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Bulkiest Toaster posted:

Great show so far... only negative is the cinnabon product placement.

Yah, it should have been masked as Cinnamon Bakery #123.

I much prefer real life things making their way into stuff - gives it a air of realism.

Also this show kicks rear end.

• Locked thread