Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

The Duggler posted:

This is actually a pretty popular opinion

and true!

I've already eaten my words about Hardline

I played it in the previous beta and it was rear end, and I had no confidence in them to fix it up between now and this recent beta

but they did

and its fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"
So any word on if there will be premium or if Hardline is going to be a one off kind of deal?

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

SwitchbladeKult posted:

So any word on if there will be premium or if Hardline is going to be a one off kind of deal?

Hahahahahah, do you even have to ask that question? You can't not have a premium-like thing for an FPS these days.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

Lazyfire posted:

Hahahahahah, do you even have to ask that question? You can't not have a premium-like thing for an FPS these days.

Okay. I probably won't be able to pick this up in March since it'll be a pretty busy time for me so hopefully someone will have a good combo deal for the game and Premium like there was for BF4. Really hoping they do another open beta soon.

Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

There's somethin' fishy goin' on here...

SwitchbladeKult posted:

I saw on some of the patches that they required premium so I'm sure it will be there. Also I doubt there will be another beta with release 1 month out.

Kerosene19
May 7, 2007

Welp, that was fun for a beta.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

RIP Beta. 1:17 AM EST. Was a lot of fun! See you in March/April whenever I can get some time to pick this up.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

SwitchbladeKult posted:

RIP Beta. 1:17 AM EST. Was a lot of fun! See you in March/April whenever I can get some time to pick this up.

the servers are still up

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

uhh its still live

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
Did :dice: forget to pull the plug? I'm at work atm, hopefully they'll be up in 4 hours from now so I can hop on and get some last minute shootmans.

Man, I'm gonna be on withdrawals for the next month.

Ark
Aug 20, 2000

Segmentation Fault posted:

Did :dice: forget to pull the plug? I'm at work atm, hopefully they'll be up in 4 hours from now so I can hop on and get some last minute shootmans.

Man, I'm gonna be on withdrawals for the next month.

I was under the impression it was going to be up until midnight PST, guess we'll see in 13 minutes.

Robert Red Rocket
Apr 28, 2013

CHEATED ON HIS WIFE, SLEPT WITH PROSTITUTES ON FBI TAPES, JACQUELINE KENNEDY SAID MLK WAS TAPE-RECORDED BY FBI PLANNING A SEX PARTY
Battlefield Hardline more like Battlefield FARTLINE lol

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
Was playing this past midnight PST. Beta was fun but still not sure if its $60 fun. At least I've got a month to think about it.

Ark
Aug 20, 2000

Well, looks like that's all she wrote.

I'm going to look at it very simply, I got 50+ hours of enjoyment out of the beta, I'm very sure I'll play another 100 easily after release, so with that I will be buying this. At this point I don't care if it's glorified DLC, a deviation from the Battlefield franchise, it's fun and I know for certain I'll get my money out of it.

Ark fucked around with this message at 10:55 on Feb 10, 2015

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSUIQgEVDM4

At least for five weeks.

Burreeto Burreyeto
Aug 28, 2009

I'm a gay zebra.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

gamers hate everything especially the games they play

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
There are so many songs that should've made it into this game. C'mon Uncle EA, bust open that wallet and license more music.
"Why can't we be friends", "Cisco Kid", and "Lowrider" by WAR would be amazing. "Cocaine" by Eric Clapton.. "Slow Ride" by Foghat. Ugh. It'd be so good.

This game has flaws, but it's entertaining enough. Still sore about 60 bucks tho, so I hope we can go to Mexico.

edit: TBA: Walkman gadget that blasts music wherever you go, adds minor regen to nearby teammates.

Erata fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Feb 10, 2015

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
hardline is going to be a clusterfuck
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s94CE1GSdBE

Dead Pressed
Nov 11, 2009

Hmmm. I do expect it to be more battlefield. More retarded, we shall see.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

sbaldrick posted:

hardline is going to be a clusterfuck
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s94CE1GSdBE

you say that like it's a bad thing

i see lots of 870 and riot shield fodder :getin:

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

TubeStank posted:

you say that like it's a bad thing

i see lots of 870 and riot shield fodder :getin:

Yo I'm down to riot shield all day

After getting some more time in I'm actually excited for the game

shankerz
Dec 7, 2014

Must Go Faster!!!!!
So its been almost 24 hours without hardline and I'm already starting to get the shakes... omg a month is too long to wait! Dam you EA....

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

shankerz posted:

So its been almost 24 hours without hardline and I'm already starting to get the shakes... omg a month is too long to wait! Dam you EA....

Don't worry it'll be like New Orleans and release soon

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

shankerz posted:

Indeed. I'm sad they didn't give it a week long extension like the first beta. Also, we didn't get to try Hostage Rescue :(.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
How many game modes is the full version slated to be released with? Conquest, Heist, and Hotwire were in the current beta. What mode was in the Alpha test that required you to shovel as much cash into yourself and run for the hills?

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Revolver Bunker posted:

How many game modes is the full version slated to be released with? Conquest, Heist, and Hotwire were in the current beta. What mode was in the Alpha test that required you to shovel as much cash into yourself and run for the hills?

Blood Money. Also, it wasn't an Alpha, just an earlier Beta build.

Edit: Looks like 7 modes on release. Conquest, Heist, Hotwire, Blood Money, Team Deathmatch, Rescue (Hostages to save, no respawns), and Crosshair (VIP assassination).

Dvsilverwing fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Feb 11, 2015

shankerz
Dec 7, 2014

Must Go Faster!!!!!

Eonwe posted:

and true!

I've already eaten my words about Hardline

I played it in the previous beta and it was rear end, and I had no confidence in them to fix it up between now and this recent beta

but they did

and its fun

Can we expect you playing with us Eonwe? When hardline releases In a few weeks?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
yea im probably going to buy it

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

hardline is good and gently caress the h8rs

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

ethanol posted:

It's fun.

If I want to gently caress around with just/mostly infantry, I'll play Hardline. If I want to put a tank shell up someone's butt, I'll play BF4.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

ethanol posted:

i was originally making GBS threads on the thread because the first beta was an abortion and I didn't think they could make it a fun game in the time between those two betas

but they did so i ate my words

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I had serious fun in the first beta, i definitely would not have had my latest resurgence into battlefield if I hadn't known hardline beta 2 was going to be fun as hell and I should download that again

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Eonwe posted:

i was originally making GBS threads on the thread because the first beta was an abortion and I didn't think they could make it a fun game in the time between those two betas

but they did so i ate my words

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
that was a good post

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i miss my pink elephant

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Eonwe posted:

that was a good post

so how is star citizen

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Eonwe posted:

that was a good post

The Dunkin Donuts one? I dunno man, I don't think they'd go for an EA sponsor kind of thing.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

ethanol posted:

so how is star citizen

its not a real game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages