Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerk Tannon
Aug 15, 2001
Just sent a request for Boat Pirates!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bellmeistr
Jul 2, 2007
New update is out. I'm interested to try out the scorcher and hope to god they haven't nerfed my tanks too much.

NEW TROOP
- The Scorcher is a massive armored unit with a short range and attention span. It takes a boatload of Energy to deploy and leaves with a bang, harming everything nearby
- Available at HQ 18 (because we want something cool to unlock at each HQ level - we're getting there!)

NEW STUFF
- New Power Base tactical note system for Task Forces
- See information about your attacker's statues
- Several new Power Base layouts
- Find new wildlife on your island
- Female villagers
- New Gunboat upgrade visuals
- New Flamethrower upgrade visuals
- New, more accurate visual effect for Boom Mine explosions
- Tap on your Submarine's dive location while it's exploring the depths

IMPROVEMENTS
- The Grenadier now throws faster and further, with a slightly increased grenade explosion radius (DPS remains the same)
- Statue boosts will pause automatically during maintenance
- Increased Ice Statue boost times to 10h per PP
- Cannons, Boom Cannons and Boom Mines no longer deal double damage to Tanks, but instead deal more damage overall
- Tanks do more damage and train faster, but have less health
- Operation Intel costs now scale according to the size of your Task Force (tap here for more info)
- Sabotage price reduced (initially 3, then +2 per subsequent sabotage)
- Better pathfinding for all troops
- Gunboat ability grid when attacking is now pixel precise
- Recommended Task Forces now tell you why they're being recommended to you

CHANGES
- Matchmaking for 600 VPs and upwards has been changed (tap here for more info)
- PvP loot bonus is no longer determined by the strength of your opponent's defenses, only their total XP matters
- Added bonus to loot when attacking high VP players
- Dr. Terror's visiting hours have changed (tap here for more info)

YOUR FEEDBACK
- If you leave a Task Force at any point during an Operation, you won't receive the OP reward, even if you re-join before the Operation finishes
- Officers can only kick a Task Force Member every 20 minutes
- You can join 10 Task Forces per day
- Landing Craft colors improved

BUGSPLAT
- Turrets no longer rotate all day long
- Friends list will show the correct VPs for your friends
- Sabotage button greys out when a sabotage is happening
- Attacking within the '4 minute next invasion window' won't reset the timer back to 4 minutes anymore
- Bouncing Dr. Terror base visual glitch removed
- Changed the Grenadier's movement speed text from moderate to slow (no change to his in-game movement speed)
- You can no longer leave 1-3 NPC bases on your map to 'game' the PvP base spawns (a fully empty map always gives the best chance of new invasions, as originally intended)

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
I can see what my sub is diving for? loving finally

e: someone want to explain the new NPC/PVP spawns compared to the old version? it's been really convoluted and stupid since the last patch right? and does this mean all my work just upgrading my defenses while staying around 275-ish medals has been for naught?

padijun fucked around with this message at 09:55 on Feb 5, 2015

RVT
Nov 5, 2003
It probably means the strategy of leaving 1 npc base on an otherwise clear map to massively increase the chances of a player base spawning, and in turn increase the rate at which you can gain victory points, won't be a thing anymore.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
Wow, Scorcher has 25,000 HP, 21 unit supply and 350 DPS. Which to me sounds like shock launchers become even more the number one priority to kill off in a raid/operation. I wonder how ridiculous they'll be with massive hp and damage statues pumping it.

The tank change still won't get me to use them very much, if warrior sniping ever stops working for me then maybe I'd give them a look at.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

nightwisher posted:

Wow, Scorcher has 25,000 HP, 21 unit supply and 350 DPS. Which to me sounds like shock launchers become even more the number one priority to kill off in a raid/operation. I wonder how ridiculous they'll be with massive hp and damage statues pumping it.

The tank change still won't get me to use them very much, if warrior sniping ever stops working for me then maybe I'd give them a look at.

Pretty sure the tank changes are a nerf. Opting to start using a troop only after its nerfed isn't a normal thing someone does.

mephology
Jan 14, 2012

How is that a nerf to tanks? I read it as Half damage to tanks and slightly increased damage to everyone. I must be missing something.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
Tanks are down slightly statistically, but no longer take 2x damage :woop: Flame tanks are op :siren:

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

mephology posted:

How is that a nerf to tanks? I read it as Half damage to tanks and slightly increased damage to everyone. I must be missing something.

Tanks strongest asset is its massive hp. How big of a drop is it?

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Well my tanks are not one-shotted by OP cannons anymore. I guess that's an improvement.

waffles beyond waffles fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Feb 5, 2015

Bellmeistr
Jul 2, 2007

jm20 posted:

Tanks are down slightly statistically, but no longer take 2x damage :woop: Flame tanks are op :siren:

Tanks + Scorchers suck. The short range of the Scorcher is pretty lovely and ended up just dieing while my tanks slowly dps'ed behind it. I'll have to try it on more player bases.

mephology
Jan 14, 2012

Honore_De_Balzac posted:

Tanks strongest asset is its massive hp. How big of a drop is it?

Hey, look at that, I was missing the very next line down in the notes :doh:

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

Tanks seem better than ever, they give no fucks about cannons now. They lost very little HP, I wanna say about 5% if I remember my previous HP accurately.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
Just boost your TH MP and enjoy rolling bases even easier than before. Hooka/HZM users are not having a good time, I'm nearly defending against high level Hooka with my terrible defenses.

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

S.T.C.A. posted:

Tanks seem better than ever, they give no fucks about cannons now. They lost very little HP, I wanna say about 5% if I remember my previous HP accurately.

After re installing my game I have to agree. The hp loss inst very noticeable when taking damage from other defenses, and the nerf to cannons is huge. My tanks can take 2-3 hits from the green cannons. While they are still the priority to target with my gun boat I can miss a few and let the tanks take care of them.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Bellmeistr posted:

Tanks + Scorchers suck. The short range of the Scorcher is pretty lovely and ended up just dieing while my tanks slowly dps'ed behind it. I'll have to try it on more player bases.

no nerd you gotta use the scorcher with something high dps like zookas or grenaiders

tanks are not high dps

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Whoever the OP is you should be ashamed for not using the proper tag on this thread.

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

khy posted:

Whoever the OP is you should be ashamed for not using the proper tag on this thread.

Heh, it was pretty proper seeming at the time.

Updated the OP in a pretty half-assed way, but at least newer players can get relevant info quicker before :words: sets in.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Boom Beach | Daddy and Goliath raids | Boom Beach ALL attack base: http://youtu.be/RthsU2S-2m4

Looks like it's time to start over.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
or he could use tanks

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, if you focus on offense, it's all amazing, rifles or otherwise. It's mostly his boat sizes and armory upgrades combined with solid tactics (e.g. good flare movements) which apply to all units.

SamEyeAm
Jun 6, 2013

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Patton's Heroes is doing well and currently full at 25 members. What effect does raising the member cap to 50 have on operations?

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

SamEyeAm posted:

Patton's Heroes is doing well and currently full at 25 members. What effect does raising the member cap to 50 have on operations?

less reward

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
lol it's the other way around

Zila
Jun 21, 2013
Nope.

Rewards is based on points earned / max task force then based on your XP level from what people have found out.

If you did the same op with a 25 vs 50 the 25 would get a better reward.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
basically kill your friends and famil

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
I started an alt account following Daddy's no-defense strategy. Its fun rolling noobs. I failed spectacularly against Hammerman 10, but took my 1 rifleman and 2 zookas and destroyed a level 10 base by destroying the defenses covering the HQ with artillery since they were touching. I wish I could see his face when he watches the replay.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
I haven't played this awhile. I'm a level whatever, one where I have tanks but not healers yet. What is the goon team that I can join.

Chubbs
Feb 13, 2008

In a thousand years, Gandahar was destroyed. A thousand years ago, Gandahar will be saved, and what can't be avoided will be.
Grimey Drawer
Check the OP.

Follow your heart.

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

Applied to join the task force. Level 18, getting to grips with the game.

But I am finding everyone I am matched against is like level 30 :(

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Focus on offense, ignore defense. I spent maybe two months upgrading turrets during a time when I wasn't really playing much. I still get raided just as much. The gems are nice tho.

Riflemen + Grenadiers = Rifleiers? Grenadmen? Whatever, it's a lot of fun.

They are particularly good (perhaps only good) against bases that have snipers behind other buildings, like storages or short-range turrets. Since they outrange everything except RLs, Snipers and Boom Cannons, they're pretty great against most bases where all the buildings are 1-2 spaces apart.

I send in 6 Grenadiers to soften up the defenses after I barrage and artillery the RLs and SC. Any other GBE I use to finish off Snipers or mortars or support the rifle rush. Once the Grenadiers have cleared a path to the HQ I send in ~90 Riflemen and use flares to keep them focused. I don't target specific structures except the HQ, but instead I just try to keep the mob of Riflemen together in a swarm.

Tmed is still the best for zero downtime, but this is a fun alternative with about 15 minutes of downtime if you don't lose a grenadier.

SamEyeAm
Jun 6, 2013

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Patton's Heroes has 1 spot open for an Intel earning badass. We are steadily working our way up to harder and harder ops.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
jm will post a weekly guide on how to beat dr terrors volcano cuck base

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

Putty posted:

jm will post a weekly guide on how to beat dr terrors volcano cuck base

Step 1: Tanks
Step 2: Boost
Step 3: Press retreat

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
:psyduck: :psyduck: :psyduck:

Boosted masterpiece production statues and no vault. I don't even know what the gently caress is going on here.

Bellmeistr
Jul 2, 2007

nightwisher posted:

:psyduck: :psyduck: :psyduck:

Boosted masterpiece production statues and no vault. I don't even know what the gently caress is going on here.

The vault could be in the trees. Boosted green statues are dumb though.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
I completely flattened that base from the trees outwards and did not find a vault .

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Any recommended sites to get base design help

I went from HQ12 to HQ13 and suddenly my HQ is being destroyed 2-3 times a day whereas before it was once every 2-3 days

S.T.C.A. posted:

Heh, it was pretty proper seeming at the time.

Updated the OP in a pretty half-assed way, but at least newer players can get relevant info quicker before :words: sets in.

The reason poo poo POST is a terrible tag is because you can't choose that in the filter list at the top. I'd suggest changing it to Cellphone or something that we can search via the filters.

Buuuuuuuuut that is just my suggestion

khy fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Mar 13, 2015

Summit
Mar 6, 2004

David wanted you to have this.

khy posted:

I went from HQ12 to HQ13 and suddenly my HQ is being destroyed 2-3 times a day whereas before it was once every 2-3 days

The real answer is to stop caring about base defense. Make offensive upgrades a priority so you can raid more effectively. Save raids for when you need the resources so your stores are always too low for anyone to bother with. The best defense is having nothing to steal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

khy posted:

The reason poo poo POST is a terrible tag is because you can't choose that in the filter list at the top. I'd suggest changing it to Cellphone or something that we can search via the filters.

Buuuuuuuuut that is just my suggestion

You can't edit a tag, only mods can, unless I'm missing something.

• Locked thread