Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Better Call Saul is so good. I never thought they'd find their feet within two goddamn episodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Bown posted:

Better Call Saul is so good. I never thought they'd find their feet within two goddamn episodes.

Finally something we can all agree on.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Bown posted:

I thought the desert scene in episode two was a bit too long but overall yeah Odenkirk is nailing it and it's just drat good and drat fun. The flash-forward at the beginning of the series was loving surreal and awesome, too.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Has anybody called dibs on a new Vikings thread? That comes back in 9 days :black101:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Bown posted:

It's basically them making more BB episodes but without Jesse and Walt, but yeah it is seriously great.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

IRQ posted:

I strongly disagree with your opinion. Based on your apparent dislike of The Daily Show and Colbert, I assert that you, in fact, enjoy copious quantities of anime. In fact, you may even enjoy animated programming concerning smaller than average equines.

Oh no! I've been falsely accused of liking terrible things by a notable fan of those very same terrible things! What ever shall I do? Oh wait, it's just IRQ being IRQ. Carry on everybody!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You do like Deadpool though.

That doesn't make you the worst but it's up there.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Deadpool posted:

Oh no! I've been falsely accused of liking terrible things by a notable fan of those very same terrible things! What ever shall I do? Oh wait, it's just IRQ being IRQ. Carry on everybody!

Hold on there, I hate anime and have never wavered on that position. On a completely unrelated note, Korra is not anime.

Other accusations I would have to get back to you on...

But how dare you assault Jon Stewart's fake news? If not for him, how would anyone get news? CNN? That's even more fake!

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Bown posted:

Vaas from Far Cry 3 is one of the new recurring characters, glad to see their casting department is still ace.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

IRQ posted:

Hold on there, I hate anime and have never wavered on that position. On a completely unrelated note, Korra is not anime.

Other accusations I would have to get back to you on...

But how dare you assault Jon Stewart's fake news? If not for him, how would anyone get news? CNN? That's even more fake!

Everyone knows you're the Larry Craig of hating anime. :ssh:

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

There are too many episodes of The Daily Show and I got bored of it. Switch to a weekly episode like John Oliver.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

precision posted:

I thought the desert scene in episode two was a bit too long

I agree about this and the montage near the end but they were both so fun I didn't mind. Airing this close to the first was a smart choice because weekly it might not have felt like there was really enough there for a whole episode.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Deadpool posted:

Everyone knows you're the Larry Craig of hating anime. :ssh:

I would submit that naming oneself after Deadpool, best known as a bad cameo on hit television show Arrow, is far more anime than watching AMERICAN show Legend of Korra. I mean after all, comic books. :smug:

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

IRQ posted:

I would submit that naming oneself after Deadpool, best known as a bad cameo on hit television show Arrow, is far more anime than watching AMERICAN show Legend of Korra. I mean after all, comic books. :smug:

Deadpool wasn't on Arrow, the notorious cameo was Harley Qui--oh this is a trap isn't it.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

IRQ posted:

I would submit, you're bored.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Rocksicles posted:

I would submit, you're bored.

I can confirm this.

lelandjs posted:

Deadpool wasn't on Arrow, the notorious cameo was Harley Qui--oh this is a trap isn't it.

Wait really? Wasn't he in something around last year? I thought Deadpool had a cameo. I should add that I know almost nothing about comics whatsoever. Except that they are bad, and for jerks, like anime.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I've only seen the first season of The Walking Dead. I know season 2 was bad, but is it worth powering through to get to the current stuff?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They released a proof of concept scene from the Deadpool movie last year.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Mate you're better off just watching it if you enjoy it, and see if it keeps you interested. WD opinions are toxic.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
I've heard a lot of people say that they didn't mind TWD season 2 at all when they binge-watched it, which makes sense since I think most people's problem with that season was that they spent a whole lot of episodes doing nothing. That season has some of the dumber moments in the show, but if you're enjoying it so far then yeah just keep watching and fly through it.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Josh Lyman posted:

I've only seen the first season of The Walking Dead. I know season 2 was bad, but is it worth powering through to get to the current stuff?

If you have nothing else to watch then yeah

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
To be fair to Lyman, I think season 2 being bad is about as close to agreement as you can find. Individually it's fine, but the season draaaaaaaaaaags on in one setting for way longer than it should, which I think would be somewhat nullified by watching it all at once. Week in and week out that season was *frustrating* to watch.

Hell, that whole show is frustrating, it's like Glee on a mood stabilizer. Can be fantastic when it wants but veers into boring at random.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

IRQ posted:

I can confirm this.

Wait really? Wasn't he in something around last year? I thought Deadpool had a cameo. I should add that I know almost nothing about comics whatsoever. Except that they are bad, and for jerks, like anime.

:flashfact: Arrow had Deathstroke, aka Slade Wilson, a recurring DC villain. Deadpool, aka Wade Wilson, started out as a terrible Marvel knockoff of Deathstroke created by Rob Liefield (whose work you may recognize from that one picture of Captain America with end stage breast cancer), and was rehabbed into a fourth wall breaking joke character.

And now you know... the rest of the story.

raditts fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Feb 11, 2015

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

raditts posted:

:flashfact: Arrow had Deathstroke, aka Slade Wilson, a recurring DC villain. Deadpool, aka Wade Wilson, started out as a terrible Marvel knockoff of Deathstroke created by Rob Liefield (whose work you may recognize from that one picture of Captain America with end stage breast cancer), and was rehabbed into a fourth wall breaking joke character.

I'm 110% sure he knew that, and is just being jerk for reasons.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Aphrodite posted:

You do like Deadpool though.

That doesn't make you the worst but it's up there.

Very true.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
Better Call Saul is better than it has a right to be. So far, it's Breaking Bad without the Skylar Hate/Walter White Worship.

Josh Lyman posted:

Binge watching makes it easier to power through the many lows, but the pro-move is to just watch Z Nation.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Josh Lyman posted:

You really have to be dedicated to the show to power through the bad parts of season 3. Season 4 has a few absolutely great episodes, and by and large season 5 started out the best yet, kept it going and then seriously stumbled at the mid-season.

For the Z Nation recommendations, it is absolutely hilarious because its portrayed as the same super deadly serious tone as TWD but there is so much bonkers off the wall stuff happening every episode and it never slows down.

raditts posted:

He was probably thinking of Deadshot, a recurring villain and Suicide Squad character. Very similar theme to Deadpool what with the guns and all. Lots of Dead/Death names in comics.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Uhh, no, he was probably thinking about the guy from Arrow, seeing how he mentioned Arrow.

2004 is probably about the last time it would be acceptable to name yourself after Deadpool before the character got overexposed and ran into the ground by awful hacks but it is still a little surprising DP didn't get a name change in the ensuing years.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Bown posted:

Uhh, no, he was probably thinking about the guy from Arrow, seeing how he mentioned Arrow.

2004 is probably about the last time it would be acceptable to name yourself after Deadpool before the character got overexposed and ran into the ground by awful hacks but it is still a little surprising DP didn't get a name change in the ensuing years.

Deadshot/Floyd Lawton is a semi-recurring character in Arrow after his introduction. He was in the Suicide Squad pseudo-pilot episode in season 2 and and the squad is returning in season 3 for another one-off episode.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Bown posted:

Daniel Way definitely did a number on the character that's for sure. But the current series is the best one the character has ever had so things ended up just fine. Also 2004 was actually the year I did change my username here to Deadpool so nice job on nailing that one (It was also the last time I was dumb enough to spend money on changing a username on a website).

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

pentyne posted:

Deadshot/Floyd Lawton is a semi-recurring character in Arrow after his introduction. He was in the Suicide Squad pseudo-pilot episode in season 2 and and the squad is returning in season 3 for another one-off episode.

Oh poo poo, that's my bad. Sorry man!

I actually have heard good things about the latest DP series, plus it's co-written by great comedian/Mr Show alum Brian Posehn.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

IRQ posted:

I can confirm this.

Peak TV Thread. We must isolate it, and study it, like smallpox.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Shageletic posted:

Peak TV Thread. We must isolate it, and study it, like smallpox.

How very meta.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

precision posted:

I thought the desert scene in episode two was a bit too long but overall yeah Odenkirk is nailing it and it's just drat good and drat fun. The flash-forward at the beginning of the series was loving surreal and awesome, too.

I would agree. But it's also an important scene for Jimmy. He's already displayed more compassion and humanity than Walt did. But it's not that fair a comparison since they are completely different characters anyway.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

I think Shoshana is my favourite character in anything ever.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
60 Minutes Correspondent Bob Simon Dies in Car Crash

Well, that sucks. :(

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
A town car collided with a Mercedes.

#firstworldproblems

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Laverne Cox is cast as a co-star in a CBS legal drama pilot.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Irish Joe posted:

#firstworldproblems

What, dying?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Who exactly is CBS trying to appeal to with these promos for their Odd Couple remake? Like it's not like it's a tired enough premise in the year 2015 as it is, but every single thing I've seen for it makes me want to actively avoid it. I just saw one that is just 30 seconds of Tom Lennon snorting and making what sound like machine noises while Chandler Bing stands motionless in the background.

• Locked thread