Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

##vote AnonymousNarcotics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jato
Dec 21, 2009

##vote The Ninth Layer

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
##vote cpig

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

##vote The Ninth Layer

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

##vote TNL

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

##vote the ninth layer

[[[[[if I don't get lynched please modkill be for being a lazy rear end in a top hat]]]]]

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

imo drawfia peaked at 1

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

EccoRaven posted:

imo drawfia peaked at 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVUyyHYkBHk

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Yeah honestly I'm shutting the game down. I blame myself for the lack of participation in this thing. Thanks to the folks who tried to keep it alive. Maybe in a little while we can give it another go but right now with the level of effort/interest I'm not gonna let the game shamble on into the end.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Thanks for trying!

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
I had a lot of fun while it lasted, Hurt!

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

EXAKT Science posted:

I had a lot of fun while it lasted, Hurt!

I'm really glad! I had a lot of fun too. I think with all the games/the LPs going on in the discussion thread folks just had more fun things to do than Drawfia and I get that. Really I should have tabled it when I took the hiatus thing, but thank you to everyone who came back and gave this game a shot. Really thank you!

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Sorry, man. I really wanted to play but drawing is really time-consuming! I had more time when the game originally did sign-ups than I do right now, but I still wanted to try 'cause I missed all the other Drawfias. Sorry. :(

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

I'll resurrect this in the summer or during some sort of break when people have more free time. Dr4wfia will happen, it's just a matter of when.

Quick question: What were people's opinions on the Masonries? Spec Talk: I put three Masonries in the game divided as equally as possible to give folks an opportunity to try to at least bounce ideas off each other. This way Town has at least a better shot at catching scum than they normally do in a mafia game. i heard some folks say this was against the spirit of Drawfia, and others didn't even bother with it since they were unconfirmed. What do you guys think about using masons as a way of trying to tip the scales more to equality?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Game went downhill after I died IMO.

Still think the masonrys are a bad idea and kill the spirit of the game

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Opop, what would you suggest then to try to tip things a bit more in towns direction then? The very nature of Drawfia is geared towards scum because it's so much harder to actually parse through information. This is not a pointed question, I'm just thinking about balancing for later games without killing the "spirit" of the game.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm sorry Hurt, this was fun while it lasted but it just never really seemed to get off the ground.

I didn't really like the masonry and didn't want to talk about the drawings in there, but I don't really know what else can be done?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Dr. Hurt posted:

Opop, what would you suggest then to try to tip things a bit more in towns direction then? The very nature of Drawfia is geared towards scum because it's so much harder to actually parse through information. This is not a pointed question, I'm just thinking about balancing for later games without killing the "spirit" of the game.

Take away all OOT communication, including scum.

OOOORRRRRR make them use pictures in their scumdoc! Yes I like that one better

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I'm really sorry for not contributing and it was nothing personal Hurt, just a lack of motivation on my part. A few times I would get halfway through an mspaint to post and then get distracted with other things. If this game had started up during the winter break I would definitely have been posting more, but as it was you caught me during a very busy and stressful period of the year that I'm still recovering from.

The long and the short is that I wasn't prepared to contribute so I shouldn't have signed up. I still appreciate you trying to run this game.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Im sorry too, I overestimated my ability to crank out lovely paint pictures + Ive been travelling the past 5 days

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Dr. Hurt posted:

More active roles?

It seemed to me that Day 1 was jokephase and people were cool with just posting whatever, but then once D2 came around people didn't really know what to post because there wasn't any information to scumhunt with. In real Mafia it's easy to read what people write and look for tells, but in Drawfia there's no real "normal" way of posting to compare it to so it's really hard to find tells. In order to give people something to work with, there needs to be a game mechanic that gives players something to post about.

I've never run a game or thought about setups in my life but off the top of my head how about something like (for 11 people)

Godfather, Framer, Roleblocker
Cop, Insane Cop, Rolecop, Watcher, Tracker, Jailer, Doctor, Miller

That way D1 can be jokephase but going into D2 everyone should have something to add to the conversation if they choose. Plus all the investigative roles should ideally help town (while stuff like Miller, Framer, Godfather, Insane Cop balances it). I feel like if I went into the game knowing those were the roles, there would be a lot of trying to figure out what is happening that would fuel more communication (in a way that people can draw).

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Also seconding that it was fun while it lasted and I learned that I really enjoy drawing in mspaint.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

presigning for next drawfia if my :toxx: is resolved

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jato
Dec 21, 2009

RIP draw3ia :(

• Locked thread