Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Cricket
This poll is closed.
Blackface in crowd 129 55.36%
References to Lord of the Rings 104 44.64%
Total: 233 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Mister Chief posted:

I feel like the one area where minnows should be competitive is in their fielding but they always let themselves down in that department.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

That's unfair. He was a police officer and in peak physical condition.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
The pros all do a shitload of fielding training in lieu of having jobs, though.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

I've never seen a batsman run out by 40 metres before.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
the best australian odi kit was from like 2006 where they had the dark green with metallic gold highlights

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein

snaeksikn posted:

the best australian odi kit was from like 2006 where they had the dark green with metallic gold highlights

the cool posts kid
Jul 24, 2007

the emptiest of quotes

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Mister Chief posted:

I've never seen a batsman run out by 40 metres before.

Ian Bell against India :v:

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

Its just lovely here this time of year.

Looks like it was designed for Warnies trip to the Jersey shore

Jon Von Anchovi
Sep 5, 2014

:australia:

WARNEY'S
GROUSE AT
CRICKET

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Ratios and Tendency posted:

The opening bowler for Afghanistan is 140kph+ and has a bandana and warpaint, he rules.

He learnt his game bowling on a literal minefield.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
So Scotland smashed Ireland by 180 runs last night

our very very poo poo bowling attack somehow managed to bowl them out for 117

Bharatrocity
Oct 20, 2005

One day son, all I own will still belong to the state

Do any of you know if there's any way to watch these warm ups?

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
The Australian ones are allegedly being broadcast, but the New Zealand ones aren't. Cricvid will probably have the ones that they are broadcasting on, and I'd imagine that Sky will have them on in the UK. Although quite why they aren't able to broadcast these warmups when they were able to broadcast all of the warm up games for the World T20 (which were held during the first round of the competition!) I'll never know...

Whoever designed the graphics package for this needs to be shot, or at least reminded that we are in 2015 and that widescreen is a thing

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
But is widescreen the default thing in all the markets they're selling it to?

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Is this NZ game on the radio or anything?

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost

Adnar posted:

This is probably region blocked in aus but as I live in a country that has no broadcast rights of the WC I just bought it: http://www.starsports.com/ssplus/index.html $25, all matches and the quality is as good as your connection, includes warm up games.

Haven't tried this from last page.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Watching the score updates for the NZ-SA Match assumed the pitch must be a belter. Thinking NZ probably needed another 20 or so runs. Check the score just now SA is 32/4 in reply.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

This game should count as the final imo.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

SA are getting hosed up.

NZ to win the world cup imo

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Ewar Woowar posted:

SA are getting hosed up.

NZ to win the world cup imo

This is more backed by reality than the english pundits saying england have a chance

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
I'm at the UAE v Aus warm up game. UAE have a player named Krishna Karate

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Did the AUS v UAE scores on cricinfo stop updating after 5 overs for everybody else too?

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

tnimark posted:

Did the AUS v UAE scores on cricinfo stop updating after 5 overs for everybody else too?

Yep. Maybe it's raining.

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
It's just slow. I've been following it here: http://live.cricket.com.au/#/5074/10

If you click on the tab called 'The Feed' there's a guy on twitter doing regular updates.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

So Zimbabwe were rolling NZ and now they're about to beat Sri Lanka. Interesting.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

snaeksikn posted:

Possibly my least favourite but that's ok, we cool.

Mine would be the one from around 1985-88, predominantly yellow and a Footscray-style green hoop around the middle. Or just when it was still mostly whites in 78-79 but with green and yellow stripes on the shoulders.

edit: handy guide

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
well someone cares more than we do
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/JMVMJVM

(good images and run down there, too)

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Just got back from the NZ v SA match (left when it became apparent Duminy was just going to have an open net rather than attempt to chase). We loving thrashed them. The batsmen all looked pretty good, Taylor got out just before the powerplay which probably set us back by 30-40 in the end, but it didn't matter since Boult scythed through the top order. Steyn didn't bowl and Amla didn't bat but we thrashed them all the same.

:lol: SL losing to Zim.

lotharr
Dec 24, 2003

Sorry Mark, we have no idea what's wrong with your KERS mate...

Smorgasbord posted:

:lol: SL losing to Zim.

Actually a flogging tbh, Zimbabwe never looked like losing

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Oh Ravi.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Honestly don't know what to make of these warm-up games. Seems a bit much to draw too many conclusions from them IMO.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

Seams posted:

Honestly don't know what to make of these warm-up games. Seems a bit much to draw too many conclusions from them IMO.

Too late I put the house on Zimbabwe :smugdog:

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

gabensraum posted:

Possibly my least favourite but that's ok, we cool.

Mine would be the one from around 1985-88, predominantly yellow and a Footscray-style green hoop around the middle. Or just when it was still mostly whites in 78-79 but with green and yellow stripes on the shoulders.

edit: handy guide

Yeah, the hoops were pretty good (and retro kits of it get released on occasions), the one that followed it with the script on the front wasn't bad either. From 2000 onwards when competition templates were done away with, one day uniforms have been pretty blah.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Worst one is the grey one from 2006. Awful.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

What happens if there is a draw in the world cup final?

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Mister Chief posted:

What happens if there is a draw in the world cup final?
A super over (I am not joking)

EDIT: http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci-icc/content/current/story/825015.html

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

That's better than some of the alternatives.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Super-overs are dumb but there isn't really a better solution other than playing the whole game again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Didn't there used to be a thing where a bowler got 6 balls to hit the stumps the most.

Or did I make that up.