Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤

Captain Invictus posted:

Nah that'd be stupid
Agreed. I was re-reading some early chapters, and was reminded that Erwin is on route to the church meetup with a fresh wave of disposable cannon fodder. You can't have a totally sweet Titan rage-off without nameless Survey Corps suckers to stomp on!

Squidster fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Feb 11, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006
Where did that armor jar come from, was it just sitting there on the ground?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

PerniciousKnid posted:

Rod's Big Bag of Titan Goo.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

PerniciousKnid posted:

It fell out of Reiss' bag where he kept the injections in. Historia grabbed it before going up to release eren.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I wonder if there are other random titan modification serums. Like one that gives someone's titan form a huge dick or something.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

PerniciousKnid posted:

At first it seemed awfully convenient to be there just for Eren can pick it up now, just when he needed something to somehow survive this situation. But I suppose it makes sense, we can imagine easily how Reiss took not one titan vial but a box full of them which he lowered to the caverns, and from there he took the one for the syringe.And it makes sense they are good for combat because he wanted to give her daughter a combat form.
The author is pretty decent at planning stuff, and even more knowing this is his first series.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

Ytlaya posted:

I wonder if there are other random titan modification serums. Like one that gives someone's titan form a huge dick or something.

Yes, but only when Isayama runs out of money or self-respect

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

MeLKoR posted:

Eren is gonna go through the contents of that medical case like a crack fiend.
Can't do that or he would end up a Colossal Armoured Female Bearded Rage titan

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Jackard posted:

Can't do that or he would end up a Colossal Armoured Female Bearded Rage titan

Ha ha. Not sure why this makes me think about this but fun fact, Grisha's titan is based off Surtr. A fire giant in Norse Mythology who kills Freya (because he lost his sword) and wreaths the world in flames during ragnarok.

The rest of the Ragnarok story is (and don't read if you're interested in being surprised by story beats) Many of the norse gods are killed. Odin and Thor in particular being devoured by Fenrir the wolf and the Midgar Serpent. The world is destroyed in conflict and natural disaster then submerged under the ocean. The sun goes black and the stars disappear. Once the waters subside the world is reborn as a paradise and a new sun rises. Obviously this is Isayama's own story who merely takes representations from it. But it's something to look out for.

Nelson Mandingo fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Feb 11, 2015

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Freyr. Freyja survives Ragnarok.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Red Suit posted:

I can't wait to see how Grape Ape fits into all of this.

I'm guessing he's the proto-titan and the Reiss family somehow stole his power to make more titans.

Gyre
Feb 25, 2007

Zogundar posted:

After this last chapter when they talk about what happened to the personalities of the royals post-succession I get the feeling that it's been the other way around this whole time. The person doing the eating is subsequently consumed or overwhelmed by a hive mind or more dominant power and only retain limited amount of freedom afterward. Perhaps the basement involves allowing Eren access to the power while circumventing its will.

I think that the Reiss line is engineered so that once they gain the coordinate, the first king takes over immediately. Other bloodlines don't have that problem, but they also have trouble gaining full access to the king's powers. Before Wall Rose was breached, Grisha probably planned on introducing Eren to his work gradually, but once the breach happened he thought his days were numbered for some reason and had Eren eat him in desperation to preserve the coordinate.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
It may be that the leader of the village outside the walls (and only him/her, I believe BRA are sincere in their mission as they know it) is in communication with the royal family, like that one-legged guy in Snowpiercer.

The plan may have been to give the coordinate back after getting it, and that's why Grisha did his best to hide it after getting it

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

visceril posted:

It may be that the leader of the village outside the walls (and only him/her, I believe BRA are sincere in their mission as they know it) is in communication with the royal family, like that one-legged guy in Snowpiercer.

The plan may have been to give the coordinate back after getting it, and that's why Grisha did his best to hide it after getting it

That wouldn't explain why they knocked down the walls. I think it's more likely they're members of a 4th wall that the first king abandoned, or a group that is resistant to the mind control that was forced to leave. They probably wanted the coordinate to end the crisis. The First King represents the god paradox. You live outside the walls. Your life is a living hell. The king has the power to end the nightmare but doesn't, which means they either don't have the power to or are malicious in intent. Either way to someone outside the walls, they're pure evil.

That and whoever is leading the people outside the walls has a darth vader leadership. Reiner, Berthold, and Annie are incredibly afraid of failure. Berthold and Annie cried when they failed to kidnap Eren. They can't go back empty handed. As in, is not allowed.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Belated congratulations to Mikasa on her birthday, it was on the tenth and we missed it.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
I didn't.

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
How the hell does anyone know Mikasa's birthday?

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Captain Candiru posted:

How the hell does anyone know Mikasa's birthday?

It was in a guidebook or something like that

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Forgetting your waifu's birthday is a good way to sleep alone, Captain

.Clash
Apr 10, 2009

Stay hydrated everyone.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
They're all just like "can't believe this poo poo"

AOT is trying to be the next Evangelion of merchandising. It'll never get that ridiculous, but it can try

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

I thought Armin was one-handing that jug for a second.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
Eren: Fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous Titan plot we have ever had to face.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Captain Invictus posted:

AOT is trying to be the next Evangelion of merchandising. It'll never get that ridiculous, but it can try

I'm looking forward to an advertisement for Gillette showing Titan sized Eren using this gigantic mach III razor.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Monaghan posted:

I'm looking forward to an advertisement for Gillette showing Titan sized Eren using this gigantic mach III razor.

Didn't that already happen?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

NutritiousSnack posted:

Eren: Fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous Titan plot we have ever had to face.

Next Week Mikasa explains how jet fuel can't melt steel beams

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

.Clash posted:

Stay hydrated everyone.
Regarding that new logo, is there any new info for the second season?

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

.Clash posted:

Stay hydrated everyone.
I'm genuinely amazed Armin can carry one of those water containers, given that it probably weighs roughly about as much as he does.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

AradoBalanga posted:

I'm genuinely amazed Armin can carry one of those water containers, given that it probably weighs roughly about as much as he does.

They're all ripped as gently caress, man. Even Armin can prolly break you in half.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Kyte posted:

They're all ripped as gently caress, man. Even Armin can prolly break you in half.
Physically? Probably not.

Mentally? Oh hell loving yes.

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs

AradoBalanga posted:

DEVIL SPAWN

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

AradoBalanga posted:

Physically as well. Sure, he's the weakest of the bunch but he's still cruising around in the 3DMG which has pretty insane physical requirements.

He'll just need to work for it. :V

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Captain Invictus posted:

I would pay any price for a ridiculous figure of Mikasa doing BMX tricks.

Epoxy Bulletin
Sep 7, 2009

delikpate that thing!

Jackard posted:

Regarding that new logo, is there any new info for the second season?

Nope it just says "waterboy corps" in the logo font

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

Epoxy Bulletin posted:

waterboy corps

Ma-mm-ma--mm-mm-Mama says that Titans are the devil, and that the sweet baby Jesus gave us the walls

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

visceril posted:

Ma-mm-ma--mm-mm-Mama says that Titans are the devil, and that the sweet baby Jesus gave us the walls

Mama says the Titans are so ornery cause they ain't got no toothbrush big enough to brush their teeth after eating all those people.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

AradoBalanga posted:

Armin would beat your rear end.

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006
This post is brought to you by: Goat Bouillabaise.

First 9
67 is out at Mangapanda.

Hanji is apparently doing all right..

The panel waving at Erwin is amazing. :buddy:

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Dec 30, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Does Mangapanda put everything through a smoothing effect or something?