Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tamir Lenk
Nov 25, 2009

Banano posted:

Picked up Bella on the weekend:

Hey, I also call my Alfa "Bella." But she is not quite the BUNDLE OF HOT SEX shown in your post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dema
Aug 13, 2006

Sold my NC Miata and bought a 2002 Corvette Z06. It's rad.

fralbjabar
Jan 26, 2007
I am a meat popscicle.
This snow is starting to get out of control. Just gave up keeping the 03 uncovered.

Hocus Pocus
Sep 7, 2011

dema posted:

Dope whip. Does anyone know, off the top of their head, what the first car with a heads up display was? My mum was showing me her 2015 BMW 3 on the weekend, and that has a HUD, which was the first I'd ever seen in a sedan. Maybe I just haven't been paying attention in friend's cars? :shrug:

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Hocus Pocus posted:

Dope whip. Does anyone know, off the top of their head, what the first car with a heads up display was? My mum was showing me her 2015 BMW 3 on the weekend, and that has a HUD, which was the first I'd ever seen in a sedan. Maybe I just haven't been paying attention in friend's cars? :shrug:

Literally one second in Google...

In the 1970s, the HUD was introduced to commercial aviation, and in 1988, the Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme became the first production car with a head-up display.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

dema posted:

I dig it. I've been away from home for a while and I'm sure my C5's battery is dead but your photos make me want to drive it asap.

OneOverZero
Oct 14, 2005

JET FUEL CAN'T MELT SEALED BEAMS
Drove across three states to pick up a twenty-year-old compact with 92k on the clock.

Plymouth Neon ACR Coupe, the :smug: version of the smiley car. Consists of a base-model Neon with minimal insulation, Arvin struts with adjustable camber ('97+ had rebound-adjustable Koni yellows), massive swaybars, quick-ratio steering box, 3.94 final drive, radio delete, thick five-lug hubs with discs all around, and a liberal rev limit. Found an SCCA National Event Champion magnet affixed to the inside of the trunklid - trying to use the owner's name to track down more info. Chrysler had fairly ridiculous contingency money on these in SCCA, so it's understandable. Needs throwout bearing and motor mounts.

Paint is :stonk: but the handling is drat absurd, especially for a car that is somehow completely untouched apart from a mid-'90s Blauplunkt.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

dema posted:

You gonna get a rack for it, or just throw the bike in the back?

fishmech_1.1_RC
Jul 22, 2003

some BMWs~

'69 2002 (first car and perpetual project)

'05 330i ZHP (daily)

'97 M3 (track car and general shitbox)

hi AI

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

There, that's better.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

dema posted:

Blue Z06s for EVERYONE.

:c00l::hf::c00l:

Great pics, too.

dema
Aug 13, 2006

kimbo305 posted:

You gonna get a rack for it, or just throw the bike in the back?
I don't actually drive to go ride bikes very much these days. I'll probably just steal my wife's car when I want to.

MrYenko posted:

I'd never used a DA polisher before this morning. SO MUCH EASIER.

Full Size

Full Size

:c00l::hf::c00l:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

OneOverZero posted:

Plymouth Neon ACR Coupe

Owns owns owns. Sand, primer and leave it for the ultimate :smug:

I'd love to get me one of these one day.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

OneOverZero posted:

Drove across three states to pick up a twenty-year-old compact with 92k on the clock.

Plymouth Neon ACR Coupe, the :smug: version of the smiley car. Consists of a base-model Neon with minimal insulation, Arvin struts with adjustable camber ('97+ had rebound-adjustable Koni yellows), massive swaybars, quick-ratio steering box, 3.94 final drive, radio delete, thick five-lug hubs with discs all around, and a liberal rev limit. Found an SCCA National Event Champion magnet affixed to the inside of the trunklid - trying to use the owner's name to track down more info. Chrysler had fairly ridiculous contingency money on these in SCCA, so it's understandable. Needs throwout bearing and motor mounts.

Paint is :stonk: but the handling is drat absurd, especially for a car that is somehow completely untouched apart from a mid-'90s Blauplunkt.

Aw man I've wanted an ACR for awhile. I don't even know why, it just seems like a special little car.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Aw man I've wanted an ACR for awhile. I don't even know why, it just seems like a special little car.

:agreed: I've always had a soft spot for them.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Do they hunger for head gaskets still?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

dema posted:

Neat :mrgw:

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

OneOverZero posted:

It surprised me when I found neons all over the local autocross clubs in this province, because my previous exposure to those little Chryslers was my aunt's falling-apart beater. Then I watched them compete, and I noticed it was the really experienced and long-term racers who drove them. I have to say: nicely done!

My advice:
1. Get some ridiculous decals and cover up that peeling paint.
Neon (Black & Red) 2 by Execudork, on Flickr

2. Set your brakes on fire.
Neon (White) 3 burning brakes by Execudork, on Flickr
(silly exhaust mod optional)

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

dema posted:

Funny, guy in our local RX-7 group just traded his Mazaspeed Miata (NB, IIRC) in on a C6 Z06, same color, but his had (dealer installed, soon to be replaced) chrome wheels. Young guy, saved all his pennies to put down on the car, but it's his only debt. Ah, to be single, childless, and able to live cheaply.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Spot the deliberate mistake.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Deliberate mistake was only one picture, we're going to need to see more pictures of that thing.

TF or TD? I don't know old English cars worth a drat but that is a beautiful car. Now I'm wondering if Grandpa's MG TC is still sitting in the garage collecting dust.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

dema posted:

That road looks a whole lot like 35/skyline, are you in the Bay Area?

dema
Aug 13, 2006

Das Volk posted:

That road looks a whole lot like 35/skyline, are you in the Bay Area?

Confirmed. I'm in San Mateo.

dema
Aug 13, 2006

Speaking of which:

:911:

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

NotJustANumber99 posted:

It's a Morgan. Probably the only deliberate mistake I can see here is the lack of leaking fluids

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Roof

Tamir Lenk
Nov 25, 2009

You Am I posted:

It's a Morgan. Probably the only deliberate mistake I can see here is the lack of leaking fluids

Must be out of oil then.

drukqs
Oct 15, 2010

wank wank you're a pro vaper I'm not wooptiedoo...
from a few weeks ago

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!
Guy at my local autoX trailers this 2nd gen neon and usually gets near the FTD. Completely stock except for a straight pipe exhaust and a cage - it's the most horribly, obnoxiously loud car and blows out thick smoke every shift. Owns pretty hard.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I hope Das Volk hasn't killed himself/gotten arrested with his Viper.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Krakkles fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Mar 15, 2022

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Yea he was talking in irc a few hours ago.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Fart Pipe posted:

Yea he was talking in irc a few hours ago.

Was it him, or was it the Viper pretending to be him after deposing of the body?

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

El Scotch posted:

Was it him, or was it the Viper pretending to be him after deposing of the body?

If it was it was getting drunk on his alcohol too.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
First turbo car. Wooooosh!

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Jealous Cow posted:

First turbo car. Wooooosh!

Aw yiss. How you finding it??

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Bape Culture posted:

Aw yiss. How you finding it??

I would imagine pretty easily. It is bright blue.

fralbjabar
Jan 26, 2007
I am a meat popscicle.
I may have just done a very silly thing. Or an awesome thing, I'm still not sure yet. Just traded my 2003 wrx wagon for this:

Absolutely immaculate, not a spec of rust on it anywhere. Interior is in great shape, and the T-Tops don't even leak (I checked at the self serve car wash). Lots of maintenance records and receipts.

I really cannot wait until all this snow melts now.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Another shot from the same trip where you can maybe tell that my brilliant photography is undermined by my having put the lid up wrong. The roof bars had snagged up ruining the line of the roof, which of course serves me right for being a wimp and having the roof up.

Anyway the weather has temporarily put an end to the fun altogether.

Also I resent the attacks on great British engineering in this thread. Completely unrelated, but I am in a terrible mood from lying underneath the car yesterday when I dropped a spanner on my face and broke my front tooth. Perhaps we deserve each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Valentine's Day evening and I'm posting pictures of my car on the internet.