Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

whats for dinner posted:

I had a quick look through mith's posts to see if there's anything worthwhile and after tirade, the only people she seemed remotely suss on were milky (rip) and FS. so that was a dead end :(

uh nooooo that sounds like a nice weigh in from beyond the grave, honestly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Asphyxious posted:

Ooh! ooh! What if whats for dinner IS scum and this is one of those nth level plays so me and TOML drop our guards and they can finish us off!

Yes, dastardly. What masterful minds.

Congratulations on being deliberately misleading. again.

I'm saying that you three are in a mafia together - he backs up your "town" claim, but not your roleclaim - but the implicit confirmation of your alignment backs up your roleclaim.

It's not an nth dimension anything, it's a fairly loving basic play if anything.

whats for dinner
Sep 25, 2006

IT TURN OUT METAL FOR DINNER!

so the theory is that they wanted to get rid of people that would support your push on FS, because getting rid of you would be more damning?

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

tithin posted:

I'm saying that you three are in a mafia together - he backs up your "town" claim, but not your roleclaim - but the implicit confirmation of your alignment backs up your roleclaim.

It's not an nth dimension anything, it's a fairly loving basic play if anything.

No I got that I'm just playing what ifs with the rest of you instead of actually looking for scum.

Apparently by general consensus thats the way the games played.

Lynch people who annoy you, Furiously question role claims, and whatever you do, DON'T ACTUALLY LOOK FOR SCUM.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

whats for dinner posted:

so the theory is that they wanted to get rid of people that would support your push on FS, because getting rid of you would be more damning?

getting rid of me or FS would be damning as if FS flipped town I'd look extra scummy.

Wait no I think I just further convinced myself that FS is scum.

or maybe thats what they WANT me to think...

whats for dinner
Sep 25, 2006

Asphyxious posted:

getting rid of me or FS would be damning as if FS flipped town I'd look extra scummy.

Wait no I think I just further convinced myself that FS is scum.

or maybe thats what they WANT me to think...

paranoid beloved princess... watch out, gaspy's going for the guillotine!

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I didn't even know this role existed but being a ~*~Princess~*~ is so perfect, thank you Mills.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Auch haud yer weesht - go vote for me and get it o'er and done with.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

tithin posted:

Auch haud yer weesht - go vote for me and get it o'er and done with.

Rushing the vote again.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

tithin posted:

Which 3, Gaspy, TOML and whats for dinner?

Maybe WFD could turn out to be a naive Pyne and his results are borked, but the only way I'm going to believe he's not telling the truth about being the cop is if Freudian Slip pops up at lunchtime saying it's him instead.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

Which 3, Gaspy, TOML and whats for dinner?

Maybe WFD could turn out to be a naive Pyne and his results are borked, but the only way I'm going to believe he's not telling the truth about being the cop is if Freudian Slip pops up at lunchtime saying it's him instead.

I wouldn't believe that, but I would believe you "believing" that.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

...and of course, even then it would probably just be FS who was lying instead because lying first about being the cop is loving STUPID

whats for dinner
Sep 25, 2006

Bifauxnen posted:

why Freudian Slip, though?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asphyxious posted:

I wouldn't believe that, but I would believe you "believing" that.

what I'm getting at is it may still be loving stupid if FS showed up to counterclaim, but at least it would be statistically POSSIBLE as a dumb play to make. If no one counterclaims cop at all, that means Tithin's suggesting town has no cop period.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

whats for dinner posted:

basically the only person who hasn't contributed today.

Sidenote:

Anidav still focusing on name/role matching. Scummy? - you decide!-

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

whats for dinner posted:

just cause he's the only one who hasn't shown up and no one else has called you out saying they're the cop.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

what I'm getting at is it may still be loving stupid if FS showed up to counterclaim, but at least it would be statistically POSSIBLE as a dumb play to make. If no one counterclaims cop at all, that means Tithin's suggesting town has no cop period.

Tithins suggestion really has no teeth either way.

whats for dinner
Sep 25, 2006

Asphyxious posted:

basically the only person who hasn't contributed today.

Sidenote:

Anidav still focusing on name/role matching. Scummy? - you decide!-

Bifauxnen posted:

just cause he's the only one who hasn't shown up and no one else has called you out saying they're the cop.

oh ok thanks :coffee:

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

whats for dinner posted:

know what? seeing as I've already claimed and poo poo

I'm chris pyne. If anyone's going to be a naive cop it'd be christopher motherfucking pyne.

This could be some more of Mills' 'I want you guys to stop relying on daaaataaaaaa' thing from the last time he ran a vanilla-only game. If it is, I'd be extraordinarily pissed, though.

he's already run a basic game already? gently caress how many times have you played mafia while I was away. I thought this was game 5 after my Greens one.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Kommando posted:

he's already run a basic game already? gently caress how many times have you played mafia while I was away. I thought this was game 5 after my Greens one.

nah after your greens one he ran an invite only ultra vanilla one.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Asphyxious posted:

nah after your greens one he ran an invite only ultra vanilla one.

and what was the result

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Kommando posted:

and what was the result

7 players, 2 scum, scum lynched on d1 and d2.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Wow this has gone from zero to dumb really quickly.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Matthew Beet posted:

Wow this has gone from zero to dumb really quickly.

lotta folks not voting. A lot of things to think about, like my play was really scummy, so was anyone being all "yeah gaspy seems alright!" despite evidence to the contrary for when I did flip town so they could say "see?"

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I feel somewhat responsible.

Lynch me i'm not helping town at all.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
no no, i'm here today, i just took the dog for a walk and now i'm catching up on posts. i'll be around for the rest of the afternoon.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Kommando posted:

nameclaiming for data.

I'm the Attorney General The Hon George Brandis QC.

I really feel like all the name claiming stuff is scummy

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

tithin (1): Those On My Left, Asphyxious, Those On My Left, Those On My Left, Those On My Left
Matthew Beet (1): Kommando
Freudian Slip (1): Asphyxious, Bifauxnen, Asphyxious, Those On My Left, Those On My Left
Asphyxious (1): Matthew Beet, Kommando, tithin, Kommando, Matthew Beet

Not Voting (7): Anidav, Avshalom, black_tangled, Freudian Slip, Matthew Beet, Those On My Left, whats for dinner

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to lynch. The current deadline is February 12th, 2015 at 8 p.m. EST -- that's in about 7 hours, 44 minutes.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Matthew Beet posted:

You were identifying a scummy playstyle. Eh. No one would blame you. I haven't been in a game long enough for people to see how I play. I get the same way with video games/puzzles/riddles. Monomaniacal. Peak haughty.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

black_tangled posted:

yeop. Tithin's doing it to. Milky was at least just "vanilla town, gently caress you"

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I thought I taught everybody by now that the suicide tactic doesn't actually work.

whats for dinner
Sep 25, 2006

black_tangled posted:

mine was really just because people brought up the idea of a naive town cop and well, chris pyne

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
nameclaiming reeks of ignoring the evidence that the names either don't mean anything; they're opposite to what we'd all expected; or they're based on some totally alien system incomprehensible to mortal minds (ie., who mills does or doesn't like). so it's at best pointless, and at worst could be seen as an attempt at leading people back into the name and role analysis that proved to be so destructive in the transformers game. so i'm kind of suss on people who keep trying to weasel names out of the other players.

i don't have anything to say wrt "she's not playing like herself". this is literally my second game. i don't have a signature playstyle yet and am just trying to break away from the mistakes i made in my last game, where i was too aggressive, almost got lynched, and then got killed on day 2 because soag thought i was suss.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Bifauxnen posted:

I thought I taught everybody by now that the suicide tactic doesn't actually work.

I'm no suiciding, but I'm also no holding out hope that I'll make it past today, seeing as veryone's too willing to drink the koolaid. I'm also not gonna put any more effort in, you'll either vote for me or not.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Avshalom posted:

nameclaiming reeks of ignoring the evidence that the names either don't mean anything; they're opposite to what we'd all expected; or they're based on some totally alien system incomprehensible to mortal minds (ie., who mills does or doesn't like). so it's at best pointless, and at worst could be seen as an attempt at leading people back into the name and role analysis that proved to be so destructive in the transformers game. so i'm kind of suss on people who keep trying to weasel names out of the other players.

i don't have anything to say wrt "she's not playing like herself". this is literally my second game. i don't have a signature playstyle yet and am just trying to break away from the mistakes i made in my last game, where i was too aggressive, almost got lynched, and then got killed on day 2 because soag thought i was suss.

No thoughts on the princess/cop/not scum reveal?

Interesting.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

actually I meant Beet:

Matthew Beet posted:

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

tithin posted:

I'm no suiciding, but I'm also no holding out hope that I'll make it past today, seeing as veryone's too willing to drink the koolaid. I'm also not gonna put any more effort in, you'll either vote for me or not.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

tithin posted:

Parroting milky: potentially trying to cast doubt over scum status.

Also I really don't think its "drinking the kool aid" no one is really voting one way or another.

whats for dinner
Sep 25, 2006

I'm really suspicious of the fact that all of a sudden we've got two players who were previously fairly vocal are now going 'I don't care, do what you want' especially after milky doing that last night and flipping town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Asphyxious posted:

No thoughts on the princess/cop/not scum reveal?

Interesting.
there's too many variables for me to comment on that. a well-coordinated scum team could have one claim a princess role and another claim a cop role, both fake, but guaranteeing that nobody was game to lynch the first player and were reluctant to lynch the second. yes, it's a long shot, but people in this very game have claimed that scum throwing their own godfather under the bus on the first night is semi-feasible and i think it would be a pretty straightforward ploy compared to that.

• Locked thread