Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
whats for dinner
Sep 25, 2006

IT TURN OUT METAL FOR DINNER!

Phone posting, can't quote easily:

Yes black_tangled, I am a cop.

I'd be willing to believe a scum bus driver and I admit that beloved princess is really unlikely but I was hoping to lynch one of the other scum

##unvote

There's still a few hours and I'm less and less certain on avs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Matthew Beet posted:

Or I'll take a mod kill ruling. That's a huge gently caress up

It's above in my post I think.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Avshalom (2): Asphyxious, whats for dinner, Bifauxnen, whats for dinner
Asphyxious (2): Matthew Beet, Kommando, tithin, Kommando, Matthew Beet, Avshalom
Matthew Beet (1): Kommando
Freudian Slip (1): Asphyxious, Bifauxnen, Asphyxious, Those On My Left, Those On My Left, Matthew Beet, Bifauxnen
tithin (0): Those On My Left, Asphyxious, Those On My Left, Those On My Left, Those On My Left, Asphyxious

Not Voting (5): Anidav, black_tangled, Freudian Slip, Those On My Left, whats for dinner

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to lynch. The current deadline is February 12th, 2015 at 8 p.m. EST -- that's in about 3 hours.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

That's my post the one BT quoted. I just was trying to clean up that last paragraph

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
God it's just scum play after scum play in here.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Matthew Beet posted:

That's my post the one BT quoted. I just was trying to clean up that last paragraph

You should probably address how you got everything that TOML said rear end backwards.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

black_tangled posted:

It's above in my post I think.

Yeah that's it pre edit.

I'll await mills comment before playing anymore.

whats for dinner
Sep 25, 2006

Asphyxious posted:

God it's just scum play after scum play in here.

Such as?

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

I'm driving for 1 hour. BBL.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm just razzing beet for his fuckup.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

It's actually all decent stuff. I mean, it's wrong, but it lacks the colossal leaps of logic of Avs "analysis" so at least it's good to read.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i actually didn't know exactly how bus drivers worked until today, but i knew something was going on - the bizarre scenario i came up with was my only possible explanation until toml offered one that got to the same conclusion much more simply and involved behaviour that real people could feasibly think up

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i always assumed they could only swap for kills, not neutral stuff like investigations

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Avshalom posted:

i actually didn't know exactly how bus drivers worked until today, but i knew something was going on - the bizarre scenario i came up with was my only possible explanation until toml offered one that got to the same conclusion much more simply and involved behaviour that real people could feasibly think up

Oh that makes sense.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

black_tangled posted:

You should probably address how you got everything that TOML said rear end backwards.

For the nth time

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Those On My Left posted:

For the nth time

He's been doing that the whole game.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Avshalom posted:

i always assumed they could only swap for kills, not neutral stuff like investigations

fwiw if you can make a solid case against someone who isn't me I'm all ears. I have the extreme fortune of knowing you're wrong, where you can only guess, but if you are town I really do respect your input.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

black_tangled posted:

I'm on my phone In traffic and going off memory. Toml said the thing about Mith, I'm not saying he said she was scum he alluded to her being strange target for scum. Was I wrong to suggest that?

I also didn't say toml said that about small Keating, someone else did earlier on I thought and I cant recall who.

Anyhow it's not like I'm using the last part of that post to accuse anyone so jumping on me about misrepresentation is odd.

I was purely using it to say I don't think scum are masterminds, more likely they are dumb. I was also using it to make people think about if a bus driver could really exist or not.

So even if I'm a bit wrong or not it's not being used to target toml or anyone. it wasn't even a out toml, it was purely just to insult the scum team for some dumb moves thus far.

So to claim I'm misrepresenting toml would be quite a stretch.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Asphyxious posted:

He's been doing that the whole game.

Still doing it even after I am basically confirmed town

Remind me why you want me not to vote for him

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Oh poor tomly, beet picking on him again (when actually no, I wasnt).

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Those On My Left posted:

Filler post.

Just vote for me then if you're so sure.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Those On My Left posted:

Vote for whomever you like, I, personally, don't think he's scum. But he's playing dodgy and I'm definitely not going to stick my neck out for him.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Those On My Left posted:

Oh also the fact that your pretty solid town claim is also connected to MY town claim probably undermines it. People are really struggling with the idea of me not being scum. So beet and maybe others are probably still suss on you.

whats for dinner
Sep 25, 2006

Matthew Beet posted:

Filler post.

Just vote for me then if you're so sure.

Didn't you say you were no good for town earlier today? Whats with the change of heart?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

whats for dinner posted:

Didn't you say you were no good for town earlier today? Whats with the change of heart?

No change of heart. I am of no loss to the town if I die because I'm vanilla. I've said this a few times today. People who took this to mean a suicide play were probably thinking a bit too wishfully.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Matthew Beet posted:

No change of heart. I am of no loss to the town if I die because I'm vanilla. I've said this a few times today. People who took this to mean a suicide play were probably thinking a bit too wishfully.

Which was Bif, I believe.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Note: Freudian Slip has normally posted by now but seems to have elected to just... Stop? Now that there's no direct pressure on him.

Hugely scummy play.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Freudian Slip:

- didn't vote for tirade
- voted early for milky after a couple of votes
- cited that he had no real idea for milky other than "he was a bit suss"
- consistently pushes for role claims, requesting that the cop come forward
- put emphasis on name claiming as an investigation method
- chummies up to players citing that "he knows they're town"
- is dead suss

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Asphyxious:

- intellectual mastodon
- Titan of industry
- spicy meatball
- pro town plays time and time again
-

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

So beet, why would small Keating have been a lynch target for hammering tirade? (Genuinely asking not being a prick)

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
After reading all this and catching up I really have no idea who to vote for. It's reaching dinner time in Brisbane and there still remains no clear choice, everyone appears to have a really decent chance of being town.

I will wait for FS to post more before I decide if he remains in my scum list or drops to my 50/50 list.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

black_tangled posted:

So beet, why would small Keating have been a lynch target for hammering tirade? (Genuinely asking not being a prick)

People jumping in at the end of a scum lynch COULD be in theory scum trying to blend in with the crowd. Basic theory : They wouldn't want to go too early hoping for a no lynch or a better target to come up to save their buddy. If it's getting to the point where it's gonna be a scum lynch they're better off voting and killing the scum to try and look above suspicion in future. "how can i be scum? I voted and lynched that scum, remember!"

Now that's a very simplistic view of it, obviously it's high risk to be scum AND to hammer a scum because they'll say 'why did you wait?'

It's also never a given someone would definitely target them on the next day and question their motives, but it's highly likely. If I was scum and I new the hammer was town, I would. If you were a crafty scum team you would start questioning or looking for something in his posting the next day or the day after to bring him back into disrepute. The only reason they'd night kill him therefore is they were worried he had a role. Otherwise I would have left him in play and let town get rid of him the next day or a later day.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Also you can be a prick if you want Bt (I don't think you are though), I'm not making friends this game anyhow. Toml's hostility is out of character for him and gaspy is just not playing right and has made a hugely untestable claim. Something's not adding up.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

##unvote

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

About to go to dinner, not sure I'll be back before hammer

Not voting FS purely because they made that good point about the cop not being naive

Not voting Beet because it looks like besides BT no one will follow (also I am still not 100% sure)

##vote Avshalom

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

"I'm an archivist. I'm archiving."

Asphyxious posted:

Freudian Slip:

- didn't vote for tirade
- voted early for milky after a couple of votes
- cited that he had no real idea for milky other than "he was a bit suss"
- consistently pushes for role claims, requesting that the cop come forward
- put emphasis on name claiming as an investigation method
- chummies up to players citing that "he knows they're town"
- is dead suss

Please show me where I asked someone to claim cop before Dinner claimed to be the cop?

Show me where else that I asked people to make role claims?

Where did I put emphasis on name claiming as an investigation method?

You suck at this game

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Those On My Left posted:

About to go to dinner, not sure I'll be back before hammer

Not voting FS purely because they made that good point about the cop not being naive

Not voting Beet because it looks like besides BT no one will follow (also I am still not 100% sure)

##vote Avshalom

Interesting? BT thinks I am suss and is considering voting me? I legit must have missed that post.

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

My weakness is that I spend too much time looking at voting data.

Up until AVs started the big theory about the cop being bussed or corrupt I would have said she was pretty clean based on her voting record. Now I am not so sure. Part of my problem is that she hasn't been posting much about Ariel Sharon or her lady bits which is all I really knew of her posting history before this game.

Tithin was also OK by me by his voting record as I still think its way too early to throw the godfather under the bus day one.

Beet is still really high up on my list because of the amount of times he has misrepresented what people have said. He usually has some of the most sound logic out of most players.

Kommando is playing loose with his votes

Anidav hasn't got into any poo poo fights.

I can never trust Bif

BT now that they are posting regularly is asking decent questions.

The other players are clear as far as I am concerned.

I am still leaning against beet - its only that Kommando is so certain that makes me worry. What else have you got on Beets dude?

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

Alright - heading home from work now (it was a late day) will post again when I get home

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Freudian Slip posted:

My weakness is that I spend too much time looking at voting data.

Up until AVs started the big theory about the cop being bussed or corrupt I would have said she was pretty clean based on her voting record. Now I am not so sure. Part of my problem is that she hasn't been posting much about Ariel Sharon or her lady bits which is all I really knew of her posting history before this game.

Tithin was also OK by me by his voting record as I still think its way too early to throw the godfather under the bus day one.

Beet is still really high up on my list because of the amount of times he has misrepresented what people have said. He usually has some of the most sound logic out of most players.

Kommando is playing loose with his votes

Anidav hasn't got into any poo poo fights.

I can never trust Bif

BT now that they are posting regularly is asking decent questions.

The other players are clear as far as I am concerned.

I am still leaning against beet - its only that Kommando is so certain that makes me worry. What else have you got on Beets dude?

This is crap. The only person who has said this repeatedly until today is TOML. Even Bif turned around and expanded on what she original said (something toml accused me of misconstruing) admitting she didn't explain it properly and ended up clarify it with me.

Everyone accepting what is said by people at face value is what lead to Milky controlling the transformers game. Accepting nothing as fact if you haven't verified it yourself.

• Locked thread