Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Slim Killington posted:

Adventures in Dodo-sitting!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5B9MbAUsfI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7lEs_MGpu0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJF0vWCpV5U

Evidently not everyone on the server appreciated our Dodo antics:

Bonus Firegoon action shot:

Haha, great stuff. aardmania's grand entrance was incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle

Rad Valtar posted:

I bought some cars and modded them so next time I'm not stuck at the back rubbing tips with Jay.

Oh good. But just so you know.. cars don't make you a good racer, little fellah. So don't think you'll be rubbing tips with me or Geeves or.. well.. anyone really. So I hope you like how Jay's tip feels.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

This was hilarious. Too bad it wasn't a red car, would've looked just like my mom.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Quicksand_Jesus posted:

Oh good. But just so you know.. cars don't make you a good racer, little fellah. So don't think you'll be rubbing tips with me or Geeves or.. well.. anyone really. So I hope you like how Jay's tip feels.

While true, Modded cars sure don't hurt though. At least you can be comfortable while looking at my tail lights :v:

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama

Rad Valtar posted:

I bought some cars and modded them so next time I'm not stuck at the back rubbing tips with Jay.

Nobody dumps me. You're going to pay for this.

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Comedy is basically self-deprecation.
The_Maniac_Cop here! Haven't been playing much recently, but I finally figured out how to record your mic audio which would make goon antics even funnier. Press the Share button, then the Options button. In one of the menus (can't remember which) there'll be an option to record your mic!

Although I'm sure most videos would just sound like 8 people cackling over gunfire and explosions.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
Have we figured out how that works in parties?

EL Bombastico
Oct 13, 2004

* power up
How many can you fit in the bus cause holy lol

Miss you guys in Xbone. It's been kind of a ghost town here.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

EL Bombastico posted:

Honestly, it's getting more and more likely to join dead servers on PS4 too, unless you have a huge goon friendlist

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Ziploc posted:

Everybody need to check the "allow my voice to be recorded" something or another setting in a PSN party for that.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

EL Bombastico posted:

16 fit in the bus! ( I think)

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

StabMasterArson posted:

Honestly, it's getting more and more likely to join dead servers on PS4 too, unless you have a huge goon friendlist

It seems that matchmaking favors friends over crew. So a lot of us just add crew members as friends. There's usually a good core group of us that are around quite a bit. When running playlists, etc., I almost always invite crew members if they're on to join us. Probably should do that in free roam as well.

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Comedy is basically self-deprecation.

Ziploc posted:

MrLonghair posted:

Everybody need to check the "allow my voice to be recorded" something or another setting in a PSN party for that.

I think it's more like as long as everyone in the party has that option in their Share menu checked, it should record everybody? I really don't know, someone'll have to test it.

AggroJagg
Mar 7, 2007
Hermits aren't broken, just favoured.
How do I join the goon crew? I entered some detail into the link in the first post, but does that just add me to a google doc?

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:

AggroJagg posted:

How do I join the goon crew? I entered some detail into the link in the first post, but does that just add me to a google doc?

That just added you to a google doc. To join the goon crew read my wonderful op here.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

What's the name of that Utility cat I can mod and then race against pubbies for easy wins?

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

omg chael crash posted:

What's the name of that Utility cat I can mod and then race against pubbies for easy wins?

Sadler. It's a pickup truck that is some reason in the Utility class.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

omg chael crash posted:

It's the Sadler. If you can't easily find a race with Utility vehicles enabled, just make your own.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Any idea of the top of your head which races I can set to Utility? Doesn't seem to be all of them

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

omg chael crash posted:

Any idea of the top of your head which races I can set to Utility? Doesn't seem to be all of them

I didn't bother looking, I just made my own race for it on 360 and started inviting people to it (it's a loop around east LS using the freeways).

Sapient Afro
Jan 22, 2012

Well, you threatened to shove a knife up his dickhole.

omg chael crash posted:

You can only race them on player created races, I think. Check the verified jobs; i know for a fact los santos inner gp is one of them

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Can three of y'all help me get a rally win from the co-driver seat? I need it for Backseat Driver and Numero Uno :twisted: edit: not necessarily rn since I've gotta go to bed in an hour or so but eventually

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

My sincerest apologies to John Wayne Tasty on ps4, you had the misfortune of being the first lljk member I encountered after porting my character from xbox. I swear I'm not normally such a poo poo driver, pilot and shooter. Sincerely, quim_reaper_RIP

Everyone else on ps4, :getin:

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

Can three of y'all help me get a rally win from the co-driver seat? I need it for Backseat Driver and Numero Uno :twisted: edit: not necessarily rn since I've gotta go to bed in an hour or so but eventually

I need that aluminum. Count me in

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
I am sorry, I am repping some WEZL tonight. I'm streaming and reporting some good news on the streets of los santos. Maybe making some up, if I have too!

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

I need that aluminum. Count me in

I'll probably be back either tomorrow night or Friday night, add "niceboyonline" at your leisure~

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
How late do you rally-racers stay up, PDT? I actually rather like Rally'ing (driver or navigator) and have a mic and will talk to you so I'm down to help out.

However I won't be home until ~1030p tonight.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Not around tonight but I'm in EDT and usually can't really stay up too late because of my work hours--that said, on weekends I can stretch it out.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Pretty sure we're still on Standard time, unless you're an Arizonian or something.

I'm not gonna be on tonight either but I'll for sure add you tomorrow.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

Pretty sure we're still on Standard time, unless you're an Arizonian or something.

I'm not gonna be on tonight either but I'll for sure add you tomorrow.

I always loving get that nomenclature backwards and I've lived on the west coast forever. :v:

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Just wanted to do some sweet races and now PSN is down. God damnit

ExplodingSquid
Aug 11, 2008

Does anyone here follow any youtubers that report GTA info?

I was following Domislive but he is annoying as hell and posts click bait all the time.
GTA V O Clock is cool but they only do it weekly and are a bit behind on leaked info.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

domislive, unfortunately, seems to be the first to report "leaks."

That is, he has a buddy on the beta testing team that tells him things?

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

fyodor posted:

domislive, unfortunately, seems to be the first to report "leaks."

That is, he has a buddy on the beta testing team that tells him things?

He also steals content and fails to give credit. He's basically Ebaumsworld of the GTA community.

I thought he had gotten banned or something as well? I just found it ironic that one of GTA's biggest modders or encouragers of glitches was often special guests during event weekends.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

I wish there was a reliable rumour source. My phone's Google Now screen is set to have GTA news, and every result ends up being some piece of poo poo linkbait site that inevitably leads back to Domislive. Or the Christian Times for some reason.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

geeves posted:

He also steals content and fails to give credit. He's basically Ebaumsworld of the GTA community.

I thought he had gotten banned or something as well? I just found it ironic that one of GTA's biggest modders or encouragers of glitches was often special guests during event weekends.

He got banned a couple months ago, came back and then was yesterday banned again. He seems to have backed off glitching videos - most of the "newer" ones are "ZOMBIE DLC COMING" and "NEW HEIST VEHICLE REVEAL" in the latter of which he talked about the cars in the heists trailer from weeks earlier like it was new information.

Total clickbait, the lot of 'em.

Wee Bairns posted:

I wish there was a reliable rumour source. My phone's Google Now screen is set to have GTA news, and every result ends up being some piece of poo poo linkbait site that inevitably leads back to Domislive. Or the Christian Times for some reason.

The problem with YouTube of course is that everyone want to monetize their videos (and blogs), so there is little to no incentive to play fair and report actual news. Thus, we get bullshit videos.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

StabMasterArson posted:

Slaughtering pubbies and all that is fun but you can only do it so much :geno:

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
I've been super busy with a freelance project, so between that and the fact I lost possession of the PS4 to my better half thanks to the influx of games he received as Christmas gifts, I really only get on once or twice a week. Luckily, there are almost always other goons on or it is pretty pointless...I'm pretty tired of the actual game in its current iteration. Once heists come (HA) I'll be into it again I am sure, but I'm level 225 or something and there is nothing to work towards anymore. It is a lot of fun racing and screwing around in free roam with friends though. Solo...eh.

I wonder if they completely miscalculated how quickly people were going to level up. Without any real RP glitching (but playing almost daily) I hit 120 in 6 or 7 months which I am guessing isn't so unusual.

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

Building races and deathmatches can be pretty fun. Sometimes I'll do that to kill time until more goons log on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Is there a consensus on the best overall car in the super class or is it personal preference? If its the latter could I get a recommendation? I'm bigger on acceleration and handling than top speed.

• Locked thread