Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Is BORK a good pickup on Sivir? I honestly don't think I've ever built it on her but it probably doesn't matter what Hjarnan is building at this point.

e: Mejai stacks down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

babydonthurtme
Apr 21, 2005
It's my first time...
Grimey Drawer
This game is just such complete destruction. Wtaf is wrong with Elements, just giving up every objective under the sun

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
yes.... yes...

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
well that was sad

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
This was the most one-sided game of the season in either LCS. Way bigger blowout than any of TSM or SK's games against the lower card teams. Elements just played like they weren't even playing League of Legends, I'm just not even sure.

e:

Lovechop posted:

yes.... yes...

Lovechop right now:

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Didn't Elements lose their coach in the offseason? Maybe that explains why they A) can't draft for poo poo and B) have absolutely no grasp of macro-level play.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Sexpansion posted:

Didn't Elements lose their coach in the offseason? Maybe that explains why they A) can't draft for poo poo and B) have absolutely no grasp of macro-level play.

OTOH their former coach, Leviathan, coaches Gambit now, so

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Sexpansion posted:

i swear i remember them like getting a coach who's never played league and coached dota2 or something

but im telling you man nyph dying early just made rekkles go full passive aggressive invisible mode

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Get hosed Elements

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Sexpansion posted:

Didn't Elements lose their coach in the offseason? Maybe that explains why they A) can't draft for poo poo

There was a lot more that went wrong with that game then just a bad pick/ban, but I don't really know what their team comp was supposed to do. Not giving Wickd Irelia when it's available is dumb, and then they had disengage champs with no long range poke and a mid laner that wants to roam and get picks.

Ihki
Dec 28, 2005
Hiik

Sexpansion posted:

I'm pretty sure Leviathan used to be their head coach and he currently works for Gambit.

Alliance has been called uncoachable so many times that I wouldn't count on it being that big of a deal though. They've got plenty of systemic problems in how they seem to be approaching the game right now, much of it has to do with Rekkles I feel. He's not playing terribly, just fitting in poorly. Also lots of spewy mid game plays that even Riot took some time to be shocked at.

Ihki fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Feb 12, 2015

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Deserved loss for such a terrible P/B phase and worse shotcalling.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Libertine posted:

Is BORK a good pickup on Sivir? I honestly don't think I've ever built it on her but it probably doesn't matter what Hjarnan is building at this point.

e: Mejai stacks down.

It's good but it's more of a 4th item. IE, Shiv, Last Whisper and the Bork. Sivir is a really good duelist and Bork gives her Ricochet even more speed and dueling sustain, but since H2K was so far ahead and Elements had no armor, he just went for the Bork.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I hope reignover gets Rengar next game, I learn something every time I watch him play that champion.

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Happy to see H2K punish the passive Elements playstyle. They played it out very well.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

I hope people throw objects at MYM.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Key Matchup:

MYM Management vs. MYM Player Parents.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
Pretty sure all of these pros just called rek sai a dude.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Time to cheer for Move your Moms

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama
SK seems like the only team good enough to actually punish a predictable, one dimensional team. UOL lacks experience and Elements sucks. EU as a region looks terrible.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Rengar/Xerath is such a good first pick on red side. FNC's drafts have been really solid so far.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
LS will be happy, I remember him saying he was always begging selfie to pick jayce and he finally does it

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
That dive was terrible.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Diving Rumble is hard.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Jayisspecial posted:

SK seems like the only team good enough to actually punish a predictable, one dimensional team. UOL lacks experience and Elements sucks. EU as a region looks terrible.

Fnatic looks decent considering they're basically a brand new team and between them and SK there's one redeeming facet of an otherwise garbage League. I get the feeling we're never going to see "played a perfect game against a good Korean team" Alliance/Elements ever, ever again, and that we seriously missed out as fans when Rekkles moved to Elements instead of staying with Fnatic.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Sexpansion posted:

Diving Rumble is hard.

There needs to be a comprehensive list of champions to dive vs champions to not dive

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
lmfao

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Ion cannon engaged

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Xerath/Rengar is so good.

Edit: Rengath? Xergar?

Edit2: Watching Reignover, Huni, and Yellowstar move together, ward up MYM's jungle, and basically force every objective is just so awesome. FNC is great.

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Feb 12, 2015

babydonthurtme
Apr 21, 2005
It's my first time...
Grimey Drawer

Sexpansion posted:

Xerath/Rengar is so good.

Edit: Rengath? Xergar?
I'm starting to think that sweet ult combo is what SKT are actually trying to achieve when they blind pick Xerath. Unfortunately there exist midlaners that can reliably massacre you on Xerath as Leblanc/any other mid assassin, and also Bengi sucks.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Libertine, what you were saying about Leona and being behind is totally the case here. She's basically useless and the game is only 20 minutes in.

babydonthurtme posted:

I'm starting to think that sweet ult combo is what SKT are actually trying to achieve when they blind pick Xerath. Unfortunately there exist midlaners that can reliably massacre you on Xerath as Leblanc/any other mid assassin, and also Bengi sucks.

Probably true. SKT actually tried out Reignover in the off season.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Sexpansion posted:

Libertine, what you were saying about Leona and being behind is totally the case here. She's basically useless and the game is only 20 minutes in.

Playing Leona from behind is miserable. You're either burning your ult on cooldown for disengage or sacrificing yourself by diving in and stunning someone so your team can get away. Your ability to make picks is still there, but for the most part it's a lot of "stand around and not help too much".

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

The reverse corollary of Xerath being ahead seems true as well. He's just suffocating the poo poo out of MYM. Also Mimer sucks on this first pick Lissandra.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Reignover is one of the best Rango players in the world. He's not even having a team built around him (Shields + Speedups), still picks Rengar, still dominates early game.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Flameingblack posted:

Reignover is one of the best Rango players in the world. He's not even having a team built around him (Shields + Speedups), still picks Rengar, still dominates early game.

Completely agree. It's him, Dandy, and Kakao and no one else plays it nearly as well.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Mimer just now finished his 2nd full item at 36 minutes as the game is about to end.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

AHH FUGH posted:

Sivir is a really good duelist

Sivir is not a good dueling carry, she may actually be the worst unless you count being able to run away when you lose your 1v1!

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Sexpansion posted:

Completely agree. It's him, Dandy, and Kakao and no one else plays it nearly as well.
After Rengar's early game power wears out he starts torpedoing himself at the enemy team and locks down high important targets so his team can clean up, it's completely reckless but it's helped FNatic destroy teams in large fights because once REIGNOVER locks down a carry and the rest of FNatic burst him down, it doesn't matter if it's 4v4 anymore because Rengar has done his job. He's just so good at flanking.

I can't believe SKT passed over him to keep Bengi.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Firebert posted:

Sivir is not a good dueling carry, she may actually be the worst unless you count being able to run away when you lose your 1v1!

Actually she trades pretty strong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Only just got in, but looking over the thread none of the past 3 games were worth watchin?

• Locked thread