Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

commy gun posted:

Is there a consensus on the best overall car in the super class or is it personal preference? If its the latter could I get a recommendation? I'm bigger on acceleration and handling than top speed.

we worked so hard on the list in the OP :negative:

Get a Zentorno.

oh you know, that list is missing the Utility gimmick vehicle. Sadler, right? How about we add:

quote:

Utility - Sadler. For some reason you can mod this and race it as a utility vehicle. Almost nobody knows about this, so use it to get easy wins if you can sucker people into a Utility race.

I don't have one of these things so I don't know if that's exactly right.

Psion fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Feb 12, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

bisticles posted:

Building races and deathmatches can be pretty fun. Sometimes I'll do that to kill time until more goons log on.

I couldn't even get the creator to work on my PS3, it would freeze every time I attempted to save whatever I was working on. Maybe I'll give that a go on the PS4 and build a deathmatch or something for everyone to laugh at.

You though...as the the creator of Ode to Geeves should be banned from creating any more races!

Agent Burt Macklin fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Feb 12, 2015

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

That poor pubbie.

RIP biolobolo or whatever

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

omg chael crash posted:

That poor pubbie.

RIP biolobolo or whatever

Don't forget Gus Fring headshotkid.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Psion posted:

we worked so hard on the list in the OP :negative:

Whoops, didn't see that.

Surprised there wasn't more love for the Injection. Its small and harder target plus it's incredibly small rear windows means you won't shot from behind as often. It's also bulky and has more height than most four doors sedans/coupes/etc. which makes it solid cover when armored. It doesn't handle as well as a sports car obviously, but when its full mod its controllable enough in the city and on the road AND you can take it off-road to loss cops.

It's also great for trolling with a bright color and a clown horn.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Sometime last night we were talking about creepy 70's and 80's tv shows. I had no idea this existed. Forget heists, just give me the ability to do this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDCxNHyND68

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

I hate the stupid Zentorno and am saving up for an Entity XF :colbert:

edit: What do you guys do to level fast? The only thing remotely daunting is hitting level 100 for that trophy and even though achievements are Stupid I want to plat GTA V since it's the first game I've ever played played on a Playstation system with trophies and I've been gunning for finishing the Online ones first since who knows when they'll stop supporting it?

Pretzel Rod Serling fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Feb 12, 2015

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

Just grind missions, it's the most consistent way to earn money and RP.

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

Kelly posted:

You though...as the the creator of Ode to Geeves should be banned from creating any more races!

It has rockets now.

Also, you need to try out a little something new from the creator of Ode to Geeves called "Highway of Horrors"

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

edit: What do you guys do to level fast? The only thing remotely daunting is hitting level 100 for that trophy and even though achievements are Stupid I want to plat GTA V since it's the first game I've ever played played on a Playstation system with trophies and I've been gunning for finishing the Online ones first since who knows when they'll stop supporting it?

Just keep playing. Rockstar patched out all the get RP quick schemes but they balanced out the payouts so money and RP come at a decent pace.

GTA Online is probably gonna be supported for a long time. Rockstar makes a shitload of money off Shark Cards (which is why all the DLC updates are free) so they probably don't want to get rid of that cash cow any time soon.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

bisticles posted:

It has rockets now.

Also, you need to try out a little something new from the creator of Ode to Geeves called "Highway of Horrors"

I would ask you to link your latest masterpiece, but the Social Club never seems to show the right race. I shall look forward to/dread it when I am on this weekend.

If you get sick of missions and are a decent racer, a close-to-full 30 person race will pay out well if you place high enough.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

I am a garbage racer and only motorbike races are ever fun. I guess I'll just keep grinding missions then (after I get my rally co-driver win......) Also Highway to Horrors is awesome.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Policenaut posted:

Just keep playing. Rockstar patched out all the get RP quick schemes but they balanced out the payouts so money and RP come at a decent pace.

GTA Online is probably gonna be supported for a long time. Rockstar makes a shitload of money off Shark Cards (which is why all the DLC updates are free) so they probably don't want to get rid of that cash cow any time soon.

This really makes me wonder how much heists will pay out. What do you kids guess?

Sapient Afro
Jan 22, 2012

Well, you threatened to shove a knife up his dickhole.

omg chael crash posted:

This really makes me wonder how much heists will pay out. What do you kids guess?

The host sets the cut each player gets, and they'll usually give themselves a bigger cut because they have to pay out of pocket for heist setup fees and they don't get paid for the set up missions. So it's looking like 100-200k for half an hour to an hour's worth of work, which is about what you can make grinding missions right now.

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

lol if you think R* is going to make it easier all of a sudden to get money more quickly.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Craptacular posted:

lol if you think R* is going to make it easier all of a sudden to get money more quickly.

But they did though? When they made it all of a sudden earlier last year that you can just gently caress around on jobs for 3 hours and easily make $300,000 no matter what the jobs were as opposed to maybe cranking $120,000 in the same time if you got lucky with Rooftop Rumble invites.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
While I agree that it is generally easy to obtain money, the amount of money you obtain is still not nearly enough. I won't even sit down and play for a night any more if I'm not going to be up at least a million dollars by the end of everything.

e: vvv Yeah totally, you just still don't get enough. They're way too tight with how their poo poo pays out. At this level if I'm not making "I can buy super class cars and just change my mind and get a different one" money in a half hour, it's not enough.

Slim Killington fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Feb 13, 2015

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
I mean it used to be that a full evening's play if you were really dedicated netted you less than $200,000 in the early days, unless you used a cheat thing.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:
I used to get around 80-90K for playing for a few hours for a while when online was released and I would upgrade my vehicles part by part each day. I kind of miss doing that as by the end of it I felt like I'd accomplished something and would spend all of my time in that vehicle until I got the money together to buy and upgrade another.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Craptacular posted:

Some of the Simeon mission pay close to 15k on hard now - so they did at least make the payouts better on a large number of missions.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
Yeah they've definitely set a very specific GTA$$$ per / minute earning point and I was happy to see them kind of average out the pay / bump the pay on all the rest of the missions so you don't have to play the same goddamn thing over and over and over. I hadn't done a survival in a while and didn't notice they bumped the pay to $30k (wasn't it $20k? I may be misremembering since I haven't done a survival in a while).

Also props to the AussieGoon I was playing with late last night. Hope you didn't get murdered by whatever dude was sitting out in front of your house. :v:

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

Nintendo Kid posted:

But they did though? When they made it all of a sudden earlier last year that you can just gently caress around on jobs for 3 hours and easily make $300,000 no matter what the jobs were as opposed to maybe cranking $120,000 in the same time if you got lucky with Rooftop Rumble invites.

I mean people thinking they're going to make a million in an hour or something.

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

Also, I have an idea for a GTA race, but it requires that racers exit their cars at certain points, by making certain checkpoints inaccessible to cars. The problem is AFAIK there's no way to run the race test in the creator in GTA mode, so you can leave your car. If I can't leave my car in the creator, then I can't complete a test race, and if I can't test it I can't publish it. Am I out of luck, or is there a way around this?

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Craptacular posted:

Also, I have an idea for a GTA race, but it requires that racers exit their cars at certain points, by making certain checkpoints inaccessible to cars. The problem is AFAIK there's no way to run the race test in the creator in GTA mode, so you can leave your car. If I can't leave my car in the creator, then I can't complete a test race, and if I can't test it I can't publish it. Am I out of luck, or is there a way around this?

I have an idea as to how maybe to fudge around this but I'll have to look when I get home but man, your idea here makes me wish there was a way to force a base jumping segment (without the rings) into a race either at the beginning (land near your car) or in the middle where you have to get out of your car and jump to other vehicles located below.

But that would require forethought and possible "fun" included on R*'s behalf to give us the tools to make it. :v:

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Craptacular posted:

You can always make it so that the checkpoints are just accessible to a motorcycle with a circuitous route, that's not obvious to other players. Normally people will just get out of whatever vehicles they have instead, but you can successfully test this way.

chopbustabrown
Sep 14, 2011

I AM THE HEAT MISER

Duke Chin posted:

Also props to the AussieGoon I was playing with late last night. Hope you didn't get murdered by whatever dude was sitting out in front of your house. :v:

Thanks man, was a fun session. That survival was awesome. Cops with MINIGUNS! Serious poo poo. The car had gone next time I checked but locked everything up and had a freak out anyway. Play again soon!

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

omg chael crash posted:

Heists? What heists?

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Duke Chin posted:

Yeah they've definitely set a very specific GTA$$$ per / minute earning point and I was happy to see them kind of average out the pay / bump the pay on all the rest of the missions so you don't have to play the same goddamn thing over and over and over. I hadn't done a survival in a while and didn't notice they bumped the pay to $30k (wasn't it $20k? I may be misremembering since I haven't done a survival in a while).

Passing Wave 10 on survivals has been 30k for as long as I've been playing. Del Perro Pier is the easiest one to beat in my opinion. Another easy one is the airport graveyard one. Sandy Shores is a little tricker but that one can go well too.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

chopbustabrown posted:

Thanks man, was a fun session. That survival was awesome. Cops with MINIGUNS! Serious poo poo. The car had gone next time I checked but locked everything up and had a freak out anyway. Play again soon!

Yeah it took me a hot minute to realize it was you talking since you were mum for the first couple of missions we did - when you did chime in during Satellite Communications I thought it was one of the rando pubbies that joined. I think it was shortly after that I realized it was actually you. :D

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

Passing Wave 10 on survivals has been 30k for as long as I've been playing. Del Perro Pier is the easiest one to beat in my opinion. Another easy one is the airport graveyard one. Sandy Shores is a little tricker but that one can go well too.

I had a feeling - for whatever reason I had it in my head it was 20k since I hadn't done one in a while / cleared them all out forever ago. :shrug:

Populon
Mar 1, 2008

What's the matter,scared?

Duke Chin posted:

I had a feeling - for whatever reason I had it in my head it was 20k since I hadn't done one in a while / cleared them all out forever ago. :shrug:

It was 20k at launch.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Anyone around to run a few rallies in the next 30-50 minutes?

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Anyone around to run a few rallies in the next 30-50 minutes?

I won't be home for another 2, maybe 2 1/2 hours :/

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

No rush, I'll be around throughout the weekend too :~)

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

I won't be home for another 2, maybe 2 1/2 hours :/

That's about my ETA as well for any rallying.

PSN: TheDukeChin for hot hot "NO I SAID SLIGHT RIGHT YOU DEAF AHOLE!!!" action.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

I can confirm the DukeRage is real

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
There's going to be an update tomorrow and it's not going to be heists.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Psion posted:

I can confirm the DukeRage is real

You haven't played with me in foooooooooreeeeeeeeeever. I'm a much more kinder, gentler Duke in my old age. :corsair:

:argh:

modern villian
May 4, 2009

I had never played the Sawmill Survival until recently, but I think that is by far the easiest one. You can do it solo, although it will take a much longer time to do and would probably be quite boring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

circ dick soleil posted:

There's going to be an update tomorrow and it's not going to be heists.

might as well rename yourself circ dick nostradamus with hard-hitting predictions like that

• Locked thread