Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Twilight Princess could benefit greatly from a remake, a number of issues could be fixed.

Make transformation between wolf and man faster(maybe just a dedicated touchscreen button), and give you access to it earlier, (like after the first twilight section in the woods). Give Link the Epona calling flute first time he leaves Ordon, eliminate Goat herding as a needed story progression, eliminate getting two fish for the cat to summon the hawk to knock down the thing as needed story progression, really just cut a lot of Ordon out. Cut out a fifth of the heart pieces, make Poes appear regardless of time when in wolf form, make tears of light automatically fly to you when you kill a bug, let spinner go fast on normal land, eliminate rupee explanation message, start you with a large wallet, take rupees from chests even if you are full.

All sorts of relatively minor changes could make the game significantly better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Regy Rusty posted:

A Twilight Princess remake could be cool but the 3DS is totally the wrong platform for it. As if another reason was needed for why that rumor was bogus.

Yeah, pretty much this. Transitioning to a tiny, relatively low res 3ds screen would not do TP any favors. A wii u remake woulld make more sense, but I'm not going to put much stock in some dude's aunt.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
I worked at GameStop and with Nintendo marketing and field reps for ten years and that article is total bullshit. No Nintendo rep is going to know or be told anything like that until Nintendo announces it. The Nintendo reps don't even set up the kiosks at GameStop stores (the staffs have to do that themselves), they just come in once a month or so to clean and switch out demos. It's also a regional job, like one Nintendo rep isn't responsible for setting up kiosks "across the country" like the article describes.

If anything you'd probably see the 3DS Ocarina/Majora ports ported onto the Wii U before you see Twilight Princess on the 3DS. Even if Nintendo is considering it, if the new new 3DS XL and Majora's Mask don't move systems they're not going to think Twilight Princess will. If they want a game to sell with the new new new 3DS XL model they're not going to mess around with more GC ports when they can drop a NSMB3 or a 3D Land 2 or something and it will sell $$$ just on the name.

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

ChaosArgate posted:

That depends, if you're going to play Majora's Mask 3D, do you want free camera control with a second stick and do you not want to buy the Circle Pad Pro attachment? If so, then buy the New 3DS. If you don't care for that and/or are willing to buy a Circle Pad Pro, then go and buy an older 3DS model, preferably the XL.

Wait, camera control is a feature? gently caress me, I was happy with just the remake and an upgraded 3ds, but now I am just straight up loving hyped.

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE
Twilight Princess is in the most need of a graphical update imo, I have an easier time looking at the N64 games than I do TP's muddy gross look. It's something they could fix in an HD rerelease (especially since they had no problem messing with Wind Waker's artstyle for the HD update), but on the 3DS the game would just end up looking worse than before. A Wii U release could also offer people the choice between regular and motion controls which I think would be neat.

None of that would solve the much bigger issues I have with TP though.

TechnoSyndrome fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Feb 12, 2015

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Yeah you would pretty much need to make TP into a completely different game if you wanted me to play it again.

...though the Ice Mansion dungeon was cool.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

I guess Twilight Princess is a good game to remake, but not just yet. Let's wait until the nostalgia factor starts happening, like it did for every other game that was considered bad at first.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Gorgolflox posted:

I really don't think a merchandizing rep from NOA would be privy to that kind of information.

Yeah, this. My aunt-in-law holds a similar position at NOA hq and she doesn't have any info on TP being remade. Well, that or she is lying to me :colbert:

There are some cool perks to having Nintendo-employed relatives on the sales side but inside information on things Nintendo "may be considering" is not one of them.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
I just figured nobody would ever believe you if you said you said you had a relative at Nintendo since it's such a huge meme.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Carbon dioxide posted:

I guess Twilight Princess is a good game to remake, but not just yet. Let's wait until the nostalgia factor starts happening, like it did for every other game that was considered bad at first.

That's why I'd guess 2016. It's got that whole "10 Year Anniversary!" hype to it.

Also Twilight Princess is a good Zelda game that a remake could turn into a great Zelda game if they were willing to give it enough content to fill up that big rear end world. I'm not ashamed to say it's my favorite 3D Zelda.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Monkey Fracas posted:

It's The Worst 3D Zelda and I will not play it again in any form.

I don't know we live in a world where Skyward Sword exists as well.

E: but yeah its definitely one of the worst Zelda games.

The REAL Goobusters fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Feb 12, 2015

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE

The REAL Goobusters posted:

I don't know we live in a world where Skyward Sword exists as well.

E: but yeah its definitely one of the worst Zelda games.

Skyward Sword is good, unlike Twilight Princess. Hell give me a Skyward Sword HD, just having that game in 1080p would be nice. They could also tone down Fi's constant barrage on the player and fix the collectible notifications issue, maybe even throw in a traditional controls option for all the people who couldn't figure out how the game wanted you to swing the wii remote.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

TechnoSyndrome posted:

Skyward Sword is good, unlike Twilight Princess. Hell give me a Skyward Sword HD, just having that game in 1080p would be nice. They could also tone down Fi's constant barrage on the player and fix the collectible notifications issue, maybe even throw in a traditional controls option for all the people who couldn't figure out how the game wanted you to swing the wii remote.

Anti aliasing would go a long way into making SS better

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
I'd rather they just release Skyward Sword on the eShop for $10, hopefully soon.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Carbon dioxide posted:

It's not that people suddenly like a game they didn't years ago, it's just different people posting.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Everybody stop hating on the very good Nintendo game, Twilight Princess. It hurts my feelings.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!
Twilight Princess is more fun than OOT
THERE I SAID IT - Ostracize me

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Deceptive Thinker posted:

It's made 7 years later so it loving better be

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
It's also more fun than SS.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Bicyclops posted:

Everybody stop hating on the very good Nintendo game, Twilight Princess. It hurts my feelings.

I love Twilight Princess too, Bicyclops, it's okay.

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

How much do we know about boss changes in MM3D? I've seen something about all of them having an eyeball for a weakness or something like that? I really only have just the one thing I'm wary about as far as these changes go, and that's whether or not I'm still going to be grinding my goron spikes into Goht's taint for 5 minutes straight. That was seriously the best boss fight and if that momentum is broken, I will feel empty inside.

I mean, I'm one of those people who spent a ton of time just rolling circles around Clock Town while hopped up on Chateau Romani. Doing that in the boss arena is even better since there's a giant mechanical bull-goat-thing to tear the gently caress up.

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013

Deceptive Thinker posted:

The first 1-2 hours of Twilight Princess is a giant tutorial you cannot skip.

Twilight Princess has its moments, but to me it is the worst 3D Zelda.

Bicyclops posted:

Reusing ideas about the elements isn't really copy/pasting.

Fair enough.

edit: Changed some stuff.

Spectacle Rock fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Feb 13, 2015

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Spectacle Rock posted:

Also, the first 1-2 hours of Twilight Princess is a giant tutorial you cannot skip.

This could be applied to every single 3D Zelda. (I like Twilight Princess, but I don't really try to rank the Zeldas.)

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

Bicyclops posted:

Especially when it improves on them in most cases (though the "less open" argument is entirely fair)

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

liquidypoo posted:

How much do we know about boss changes in MM3D? I've seen something about all of them having an eyeball for a weakness or something like that? I really only have just the one thing I'm wary about as far as these changes go, and that's whether or not I'm still going to be grinding my goron spikes into Goht's taint for 5 minutes straight. That was seriously the best boss fight and if that momentum is broken, I will feel empty inside.

I mean, I'm one of those people who spent a ton of time just rolling circles around Clock Town while hopped up on Chateau Romani. Doing that in the boss arena is even better since there's a giant mechanical bull-goat-thing to tear the gently caress up.

There is no loving way they are gonna gently caress up Goht's battle. That's one of the boss fights they got loving right in terms of entertainment.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

IronicDongz posted:

It's also more fun than SS.

This is true. The only parts of SS I really liked was the desert/ocean area. Everything else felt like a real slog. The combat mechanics were interesting though, I'll give it that.

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

I thought my Spitter was a Jockey!

Spectacle Rock posted:

The first 1-2 hours of Twilight Princess is a giant tutorial you cannot skip.

Twilight Princess has its moments, but to me it is the worst 3D Zelda.

The entirety of Skyward Sword involves motion controls you can not turn off.

SS has its moments, but to me it is the worst 3D Zelda.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Monkey Fracas posted:

It's The Worst 3D Zelda and I will not play it again in any form.

I'd replay a 3DS remake of it and hate myself for doing so.

Captain Mog
Jun 17, 2011
Has anyone found out yet whether the thing about Jabu-Jabu being able to stop the moon from falling if you fish him out is true?

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Sire Oblivion posted:

I'd replay a 3DS remake of it and hate myself for doing so.

TP is the only Zelda game I hated my first playthrough and haven't replayed. I feel like when they give it a remake I will be obligated to go back to it to see if it has gotten any better with age. I can appreciate the people over the years who have complained about the most recent release not being as good as previous ones, but I will never understand people who enjoyed TP.

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??
TP had it's fun moments, but they are dragged down by a lot of tedium.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Vanrushal posted:

The entirety of Skyward Sword involves motion controls you can not turn off.

SS has its moments, but to me it is the worst 3D Zelda.

Loved Skyward Sword but hated both of the DS Zelda games. Stylus controls are not the way dammit. :negative:

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??
Also I gave myself wrist damage playing SS

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so
I feel like they'd have to change so much of TP to make it one of the greats, they might as well just make a new game instead.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Captain Mog posted:

Has anyone found out yet whether the thing about Jabu-Jabu being able to stop the moon from falling if you fish him out is true?

I have no idea what you're talking about, but something like that would have been plastered on every gaming news site the second it was discovered.

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013

Ometeotl posted:

I have no idea what you're talking about, but something like that would have been plastered on every gaming news site the second it was discovered.

Before Majora's Mask was released on the Nintendo 64, Miyamoto said there would be a game of "Jabu Jabu Fishing" and something you did in the fishing game might change the end game.

It'd be nice if they put that idea back into the remake. I fear they didn't unless it is a really well hidden Easter Egg.

Here's the original quote:
"The fishing sequence present in Ocarina of Time will be enhanced. Miyamoto comments, "Rather than taking the fishing part of the last game to extremes, we want to do something new with it. Like 'Jabu Jabu' fishing." As you may remember, Jabu Jabu -- a gigantic fish -- was the deity to the Zora in Ocarina of Time. Link journeyed into the belly of Jabu Jabu to save princess Ruto's life.
Miyamoto, unwilling to reveal all the details surrounding the enhanced fishing mini-game, did offer Famitsu this: "If you catch the 'Jabu Jabu,' it may cause things like stopping the fall of the moon." The fishing mini-game will offer a means of earning Rupies in Zelda Gaiden."

edit: Using a Gameshark on the N64 Majora's Mask you can find this unused item:

Supposed the text reads "Hyrule Loach." So, maybe this was part of the removed fishing game.

Spectacle Rock fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Feb 13, 2015

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
There is no reason to remake Twilight Princess. Even if you streamline the game and fix a few things, what would be the purpose? You'd get a couple cool dungeons and not much else. Also you can play it on your WiiU right now. If they want to do another remake, then remake Zelda II instead.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I bet they're just going to put the wii version of TP up for download

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

TechnoSyndrome posted:

Yeah I don't know about that man.

• Locked thread