Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Male, Coast Guard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Male

Army

ColonelMuttonchops
Feb 18, 2011

Young Orc
Female
Navy

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
Marine

Bede
Jun 2, 2006

I wasn't even around for the goblin baby vote

Wentley posted:

1. Female
2. Marines

this

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?
FINE.

Female

USMC

Necroskowitz
Jan 20, 2011

Vavrek posted:

Female

USMC

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

If USMC wins everyone has to read Terminal Lance :colbert:

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today
Double-Male

USMC

a cat irl
Feb 13, 2010
SuperLady
USMC

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands
Eunuch, Marines.

I ride bikes all day
Sep 10, 2007

I shitposted in the same thread for 2 years and all I got was this red text av. Ask me about my autism!

College Slice
Hooker with 3 vaginas
Salvation Army

ArbitraryTA
May 3, 2011
Voting will be closing soon. Currently Male Marine Corps person is in the lead.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

In the apocalypse we want to be a Water Dog

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/enlistedjo2/a/1171.htm

Pump it up! Do it!
Oct 3, 2012
Male Marine

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?
I just want you to admit:

Writing for a member of the New California Republic would have been easier than a member of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea.

(Stepping back and focusing just on USA military is probably very wise, though.)

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Vavrek posted:

I just want you to admit:

Writing for a member of the New California Republic would have been easier than a member of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea.

(Stepping back and focusing just on USA military is probably very wise, though.)

I fail to see the difference :colbert:

Aades
Nov 28, 2005

Guns Up!

change 2 from N Korea to Navy

Hello sailor...

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Female
Navy

ArbitraryTA
May 3, 2011
Voting is closed and character generation has started in earnest.

We are a MALE

Who has decided to enlist in the UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS

Semper fi.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Semper kill.

What are our options? Do you want us to give you an MOS, or are there classes to choose from?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

LowellDND posted:

Semper kill.

What are our options? Do you want us to give you an MOS, or are there classes to choose from?

Next comes our career aptitude test to determine where we'd fit in the best. My best guess is we'll be a munitions officer on board one of the new mini-floating naval bases/giant cargo ships somewhere off the coast of the New California Republic.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

RandomPauI posted:

Next comes our career aptitude test to determine where we'd fit in the best. My best guess is we'll be a munitions officer on board one of the new mini-floating naval bases/giant cargo ships somewhere off the coast of the New California Republic.

I'm hoping for a dishonorable discharge that leads to us being skilled in firearms and yet hold a grudge against the federal gubamint

ArbitraryTA
May 3, 2011
All through high school you never had much of a problem staying fit. You were the star halfback on the football team, and had brought your school to a state championship twice in a row, which in the state of Texas where you lived was nothing short of being considered a demigod. You were never much one for academics though, and seeing the scholarships offered to you from UT and Baylor and all sorts of other places lost its appeal soon after you realized you'd have to maintain an impressive GPA to keep up your athletic career.

You had, however, been listening to the news. After the end of the Cold War the Soviet Union and Warsaw Pact had stayed more or less intact into the nineties despite a growing capitalist movement and a weakening of the Soviet economy. Tensions between China and the USSR lead to a full scale invasion by the Soviets into China. Surprising military experts worldwide, the Chinese military, having been aggressively modernized expecting such an occasion, repulsed the Soviets with ease. Full scale war industrialization lead to a lack of consumer goods and exports from the USSR, causing further damage to the economy and causing the quality of life to sharply drop in Russia and Eastern Europe in general.

As the bodycount in China rose, and the USSR looked ever weaker, the German Bundeswehr took the opportunity to push through the Berlin Wall, reoccupying the majority of Germany almost overnight. The East German army defected in droves as their brothers drove across the line, turning defenses meant to stop an invasion into a bulwark against Soviet forces who would almost surely be coming.

International involvement was swift, with the United States deploying troops in support of Germany and China. The country was truly at war, and the call was put out for volunteers to fight the commie menace.

Which is what lead you, a strong and tough kid fresh out of high school to walk into a Marine Corps recruiting office this day in 1996.

After a round of physical and academic testing, it was found that you were pretty much able to do whatever you wanted in the Marines if you really wanted to, being in extremely good physical condition and having decent natural intelligence. There was a pressing need for junior officers as well, and with your scores you were found to be an ideal candidate for OCS (Officer Candidate School) should you wish to go that route. The recruiter sure believed that it was a great idea to do so and seemed to be pushing you to look into being an infantry officer.

What Path Shall We Take?

Some options are both available as an officer or enlisted. Please indicate which one you would prefer.

A: Go with the recruiters recommendation, be an commander of fighting men.
B: gently caress that, I want to fight, but I want to work for my money. 0311 Infantryman all day.
C: Actually, the Air Wing needs men to fly, and I have the scores for it. I'll be a fighter pilot.
D: I've always liked blowing poo poo up. What about a Combat Engineer? (Officer or Enlisted)
E: The recruiter also mentioned that I'd be a good candidate for Force Recon(essentially Marine Special Forces) and would be willing to submit a packet on my behalf (Officer or Enlisted)
F: Offhand during conversation, the recruiter mentioned that there were a couple of spots open for the Marine scout/sniper school, and that with my scores he would be happy to find a place for me if I wanted it.

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007
D: I've always liked blowing poo poo up. What about a Combat Engineer? (Officer or Enlisted)
Officer so we can watch our guys blow up first and learn from their mistakes

BOOOOOM!
SOLD!

stevey666 fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Feb 13, 2015

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

F sniper school will keep you on the straight shooting path to being a good soldier!

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
F - 420 noscoping all day

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

F we could be Gibbs! :neckbeard:

E: effing phone posting

AzureKing
Nov 2, 2012

One day I shall return to your side.
F

Time to headshot some nerds.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Doooooom, from our BOOOOOOOOMs

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

stevey666 posted:

BOOOOOM!
SOLD!

yup

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
C, because somebody needs to fly harriers.

Aades
Nov 28, 2005

Guns Up!

E - enlisted

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

Black Thursday was a disaster, plain and simple.
We lost too many good people, too many planes.
We can't let that kind of tragedy happen again.
F - Write a few books, be in a few movies, live up the life and oh, also fend off questions on what is it like to be [lack of social graces]

Kyyp
Jan 14, 2007

D I was told this one would have the most Tanks. TanksTanksTanks

Mr Apollo
Jan 1, 2013
D

ArbitraryTA
May 3, 2011
It is worth noting that in flying jets for the Marines, you have access to such things as the A-10 Thunderbolt.

Force Recon for those not in the know are part of MARSOC (Marine Special Operations Command) and are tasked with doing all sorts of crazy bullshit on a regular basis.

Edit: Also, please specify officer or enlisted on your votes where it is relevant. This is very important as it will drastically change things.

ArbitraryTA fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Feb 13, 2015

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Slaan posted:

Doooooom, from our BOOOOOOOOMs
Officer.

Absum
May 28, 2013

D, officer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
E, officer