Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

You gotta fight on guys! Help is coming, we just need to hold out! While you're praying and tearing your clothes off in the temple (which is gonna be mega crowded btw) the battle is going to be lost on the walls! And how is it gonna look for morale when even we've given up?

Let's go down fighting!

Link to Update

Link to awesome pictures!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

It's as good a day as any to Die.

Slightly Lions posted:

A, I am a coward who wants to keep playing as Enkidel.

Though, it has also occurred to me that this may not be exactly what it seems. Maybe this is, at least in part, a kind of Kobayashi-Maru Test situation. The Powers That Be want to see what we do in a no-win situation, when there's nothing we can do to stop the inevitable doom approaching us, and the stakes in play are worse than death itself. I'm not so confident in this that I'd be willing to commit to (probably) doom ourselves without trying the escape options because, as noted, I am a coward. But I'd really love to think that help is on the way and we just have to hold out and prove ourselves worthy of salvation.
We already had that. Then we woke up. I'd vote something along those lines, but most people seem to think we aren't capable of time travel.

Walrusmaster
Sep 21, 2009
W I don't think running is going to work.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

UppaTree posted:

G

For gently caress's sake, if you're not running you should at least get to the temple and pray. Take our sandals off - the sandals we have had for years, that are literally priceless, that are made of the flesh of the mountain - and burn them as an offering. Do it, do it now you pigfuckers!

Do this

Everseen
Apr 27, 2010
W

Its too late to run, the Temple is filled with scared/dying people.

If we're a Hero we should at least go out like one.

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.

Nettle Soup posted:

You gotta fight on guys! Help is coming, we just need to hold out! While you're praying and tearing your clothes off in the temple (which is gonna be mega crowded btw) the battle is going to be lost on the walls! And how is it gonna look for morale when even we've given up?

Let's go down fighting!

No way man. The only thing cooler than running away with our tail between our legs is hiding with the women and children. If death is certain, we might as well die in style!

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

UppaTree posted:

G

For gently caress's sake, if you're not running you should at least get to the temple and pray. Take our sandals off - the sandals we have had for years, that are literally priceless, that are made of the flesh of the mountain - and burn them as an offering. Do it, do it now you pigfuckers!
People voting for the fighting options are instead sacrificing Enkidel's life to buy everyone a couple more minutes (seconds?) of life. If you're thinking it's going to be sacrifices in -> miracles out, why not really go big?

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
I would like to also amend to any vote outcome that we tell Snarls he is a good boy and that we love him one last time.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

This may be my last one...

Lets make the most of it, shall we?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUtnwcv-quE

All around Tanaach buildings crumble for me
Who knows how long Snarls loved me
Everywhere I go people stop and they see
brighter than the Sun, my mother, El bless her [???]

I just wanna die
Put your maw around me, baby

I just wanna die

Wave a little stranger, show me where you've been
Sushem makes you hostage, wanna do it again?
There's no time to think about the Sea things or mydad
We'll find out when I'm old, Ishamal told me so

I just wanna die

I just wanna die

I just want to die
I just want to die

All around Tanaach buildings crumble for me
Who knows how long Snarls loved me
Everywhere I go people stop and they see
brighter than the Sun, my mother, El bless her [???]

I just wanna die

I just wanna die

I just want to die
I just want to die

I just wanna die
I just wanna die

HiHo ChiRho fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Feb 13, 2015

Globofglob
Jan 14, 2008
If literally burning ourselves out until we die won't save us, how will the sandals?

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Gb. Sacrifice everything we have (including ourselves, Tudiya-style).

There's a low chance it'll do anything, but that's better than nothing. And at least Asherah won't get the sandals instead.

Numeron
Mar 23, 2012

A whole new world in
the palm of my hand.

Globofglob posted:

If literally burning ourselves out until we die won't save us, how will the sandals?

Hopefully by attracting His help.

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.

Diogines posted:

Sigh.

I was joking.

I honestly don't care how you vote. I wrote that bit as a joke. Editing it out now.

Eh, I didn't actually think you were giving poo poo away, didn't actually vote to run or anything.

But you never know, everybody slips now and then....

Ouroborus
Mar 31, 2010

I really only come here for the Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens CYOA these days.
SA was one of the first websites I ever frequented, waaaaay back in the day. I only got off my ass and got an account about 8 years ago. I bought the platinum upgrade recently.
Cowards! If we run and the voice lied -- we don't freeze instantly when we exit the shield, then what? It has more tentacles than we have terrible ideas, big enough to assault an entire city. It could kill us without even needing a direct hit, the shock from a near miss would gently caress us up just as bad. and it is, what, a somewhere in the neighbourhood of a thousand feet tall? If it detects us leaving the shield we will be pasted.

The thing is so drat big it doesn't need trickery, as I said before, the city crumbles just from the impact of tentacle on shield, the thing doesn't need us to do anything except be tasty. We should try to save as many people as possible. The only option that does that is L It might screw us over, and the Watcher, but it seems cool with that.

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
I suppose it couldn't hurt to also pray at the temple, even if just briefly. Just in case. I don't really want to go there with that being the prime motivation though, I want to be ready to react. Talking to people there might end up being just as interesting as silently praying too. The priest anyway, I assume any others are just crying and babbling.

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.

HBar posted:

And at least Asherah won't get the sandals instead.

Its amazing power is to let its owner walk forever without getting tired. Asherah is a fish and doesn't have any feet.

We're hardly dealing with the One Ring here.

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Nice bit of perspective: if the voice is actually telling the truth, then as much as we feel like we've been screwed over, it has to be feeling the same thing just as hard. It's staring down the same fate we are, and drat, if anyone ought to have a right to being helped it's probably the guy who's presumbaly been stationed here by his superiors and ordered to just stay here and diesuffer a fate worse than death. He's basically been served up on a platter by his superiors, placed here to fight things without the backup required to do so.

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003
1. You....
W. Join Eliahba for his last stand, if you can make it there in time.

Ouroborus
Mar 31, 2010

I really only come here for the Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens CYOA these days.
SA was one of the first websites I ever frequented, waaaaay back in the day. I only got off my ass and got an account about 8 years ago. I bought the platinum upgrade recently.

Theglavwen posted:

Nice bit of perspective: if the voice is actually telling the truth, then as much as we feel like we've been screwed over, it has to be feeling the same thing just as hard. It's staring down the same fate we are, and drat, if anyone ought to have a right to being helped it's probably the guy who's presumbaly been stationed here by his superiors and ordered to just stay here and diesuffer a fate worse than death. He's basically been served up on a platter by his superiors, placed here to fight things without the backup required to do so.

Like the opening movie from StarCraft: Brood War!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GMOTrIjVao
I guess that makes us the marine yelling "Where is the air support?"

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
L

a cat irl
Feb 13, 2010
I see us more like Dante Hicks.

White Noise Marine
Apr 14, 2010

A.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
Death is not a loss, lame death is a loss. Praying is lame at this point, it's a time for action. Join Elia. Running and dying is the worst outcome. Dying and surviving isn't much better.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
W This thing doesn't scare me! :argh:

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
W for now. I may change this if I get a chance and it seems to matter when looking at the overall count. I don't really want us to potentially spend out last moment desperately begging for another outcome. Humbling ourselves is great, but accepting the current circumstance and fighting is sufficient for that.

Frankly A, W, and G (w/o last minute desperation sacrifices) are all good with me.

El, does not intervene. He/It does not save people. Smythos, et al might, but with respect to us (which it probably isn't in any way) a bunch of the PtB want us dead. Going to fight beside Eli would be great, even if we die and are consumed by a Gibbering Horror, etc. It would be good in and of itself.

Snarls does intervene and he has told us without any doubt to run. I want to listen to Snarls, but sadly my character in this case at the moment is to fight. The shield is down. We are neither frozen, being attacked directly nor trapped inside the Gibbering Horror at this particular moment. The thing might catch us. Worst case for us in the immediate sense there is that if it is intent on immediately catching us we draw it off from other destruction. There might be other long term ramifications positive and negative. It is the only rational thing to do. So says Sogol the Nutjob.

The Temple was good while it was a matter of protecting the altar or putting the enemy at a disadvantage through bargaining, etc. It is not interesting as a spot to attempt to bargain for our own life in some way. It would also be good in and of itself.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today

Sogol posted:

The shield is down.
No it isn't :confused:

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

We have had a lot of votes lately which were if not landslides, than really one sided.

This one looks like it is still up in the air.

Do you want an update tonight? I may have time for another hour or two at the most, else, the next update is tomorrow night.

Ouroborus
Mar 31, 2010

Hell yeah I'd love an update!

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I'm mostly fine with both lead options so sure!

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger

Ralith posted:

No it isn't :confused:

Oh right you are. It just goes transparent at the points of thudding. My apologies.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

1: Start New Game
2: Start New Game
3: Start New Game

:aaa:

Ouroborus posted:

Hell yeah I'd love an update!

This

Also I'll vote W

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Diogines posted:

We have had a lot of votes lately which were if not landslides, than really one sided.

This one looks like it is still up in the air.

Do you want an update tonight? I may have time for another hour or two at the most, else, the next update is tomorrow night.

Rallying seems like the most numerous option right now, so update tonight?

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Any volunteers to count?

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Update. There have been lots of votes cast.

UppaTree
May 4, 2013

I am not going to spend a day wondering HOW we die. Whatever it is, make it so.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
There have been a few preliminary vote-counts, with W winning most likely but i'll do an official one.
Find it here.

UppaTree posted:

I am not going to spend a day wondering HOW we die. Whatever it is, make it so.

Also that.

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Yeah, I think this vote is a mess, but I don't really see it clearing up through another day/night of discussion. Probably best just to get it over with.

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

I carry refreshments to the good guys
I made the good guys some home fries
Agreed. Just get it over with :gibs:

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?
Um.

A.

Nervous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Looking at the tally, I'm changing my vote to G. I wanted to go to the temple anyway, which this effectively does, and some combination of G/Gb might be the only contender against W, which seems to be winning handily otherwise. As cool as it might be, I don't see that W offers us the chance to accomplish anything really, while there's perhaps the slimmest chance of doing something at the temple.