Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Somberbrero posted:

It's independent.

Well that's a point in your favor at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

hey hal

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mills posted:

hey hal

Hiya Mills!

When can we spend this Macca? It's burning a hole in my pocket.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Hal Incandenza posted:

Hiya Mills!

When can we spend this Macca? It's burning a hole in my pocket.

you me june NYC

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mills posted:

you me june NYC

That sounds like a plan!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Hal Incandenza posted:

Pffft I would never defend Amni if he was my scumbro, guy is a ticking timebomb.

In fact, Amni and I once had me NK him when we were both scum and I went on to win the game based on that.

deflection by means of setting up a false binary where hal can't be scum with amnistar because of a red herring focusing on previous meta game analysis

my current line of thinking is inspired by hal's poor vote on Exakt. i felt like he was hiding behind the 'will vote anyone who votes amnistar' post and here he springs it as a reason to put a vote with no reasoning on Exakt when Exakt is already a lunch leader, three days from deadline.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Somberbrero posted:

deflection by means of setting up a false binary where hal can't be scum with amnistar because of a red herring focusing on previous meta game analysis

my current line of thinking is inspired by hal's poor vote on Exakt. i felt like he was hiding behind the 'will vote anyone who votes amnistar' post and here he springs it as a reason to put a vote with no reasoning on Exakt when Exakt is already a lunch leader, three days from deadline.

Well when I voted Amni was the vote leader.

Also my D1 play is usually based around whatever I find most amusing. I did not expect my argument about Amnistar and I to be taken seriously. Mostly I wanted he and I to relive the glory of that BIG PLAY we made in a game ages ago.

I'm ok with your line of reasoning though, even if it is incorrect.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I am sorry I put EXAKT at -8 Somber, you are right, totally reckless.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
haha just a wacky vote no reason behind it, let me further distance myself from it :cheeky:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Somberbrero posted:

haha just a wacky vote no reason behind it, let me further distance myself from it :cheeky:

Remember a page ago when you were calling me out for not voting for someone who was voting Amni?

Come at me bro!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Hal Incandenza posted:

Remember a page ago when you were calling me out for not voting for someone who was voting Amni?

Come at me bro!

And you didn't until there was a convenient lunch leader!

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

thank gently caress it's day 1 because you dudes throw votes around like woah.

Votecount for Day 1

EXAKT Science (5): Mills, Pinterest Mom, Ernie., weekly font, Hal Incandenza
Amnistar (3): Somberbrero, Meinberg, Poison Mushroom, Somberbrero, EXAKT Science
AtrociousToaster (2): Somberbrero, Asiina
Dugong (1): Little Mac
Somberbrero (1): Poison Mushroom, Poison Mushroom, AtrociousToaster
weekly font (1): True and Real
Pinterest Mom (1): bowmore
Little Mac (1): Dugong
Asiina (1): fiery_valkyrie
Ernie. (0): Hal Incandenza, EXAKT Science, EXAKT Science, Hal Incandenza
Mills (0): Ernie., Meinberg, Asiina, Meinberg, Ernie., Asiina
Poison Mushroom (0): Pinterest Mom, Pinterest Mom
bowmore (0): Little Mac, Little Mac
Big Nothing (0): Ernie., Ernie.

Not Voting (9): Amnistar, Big Nothing, HiipFire, Met, mr.capps, Quidnose, Rarity, tithin, Tremendous Taste

With 25 alive, it's 13 votes to lynch. The current deadline is February 16th, 2015 at 10 p.m. EST -- that's in about 3 days, 5 hours.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Also Mills, who was #3 who bought it?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
hi tithin we all check the OP like normal people

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

They don't normally put it in the op in Auspol games :shobon:

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

tithin posted:

They don't normally put it in the op in Auspol games :shobon:

sounds like hosed up bullshit

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Still think Pmom is the scum

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

bowmore posted:

maybe? his investment in the money stealing aspect of the exchange on the last page was weird.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

bowmore posted:

"still"? you thought i was scum before?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah it's why I voted you

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Game starts.

I make this post

Pinterest Mom posted:

Confirming that I am vanilla town

and would like to give Ernie a hug probably?

bowmore lays a vote on me

bowmore posted:

##vote P mom

and now he "still" thinks I'm scum??

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I don't think you are vanilla town

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Also all posts since then have not swayed me otherwise

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

bowmore posted:

I don't think you are vanilla town

i'm not :ssh:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Man, I was at work for the whole bidding time.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
what's going on here?

i don't like it.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Poison Mushroom posted:

Man, I was at work for the whole bidding time.

Same. p mad

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Little Mac posted:

Same. p mad

ME TOO brothers

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I was asleep.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

bowmore, how would you feel if you knew that I have started every game but one in the last six months by claiming VT?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Somberbrero posted:

And you didn't until there was a convenient lunch leader!

That was literally right when I came back to the thread since my previous post. I caught up with the thread, read where you were calling me out for not voting and the very last post I read was EXAKT voting Amni for no good reason. OF COURSE I voted him then, it was like a loving sign. The only reason he was even the leader is that someone else voted him while I was writing my post.

Are you asserting that I spent my entire morning refreshing the page waiting for someone to vote Amni so I could pounce on them so I could have "an easy vote?" I'm not that dedicated to mafia dude, I think that's pretty clear.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
There were three votes on Amnistar when you made that post. Mine didn't even have text outside the vote.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

For some reason the phone app was being a butt so I couldn't post this when the auction actually closed but:

The demon Jirae Kwancha has been won by Ernie!

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Pinterest Mom posted:

bowmore, how would you feel if you knew that I have started every game but one in the last six months by claiming VT?
is it supposed to change my opinion? Your getting mighty defensive

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Also, since it was asked of me in a PM I will share this bit of information with the thread: it IS possible to bid more Macca for a demon than you actually possess! However, be careful: should you end up winning an auction having bid more than you can pay, the demon may become awfully cross with you...

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Chic Trombone posted:

For some reason the phone app was being a butt so I couldn't post this when the auction actually closed but:

The demon Jirae Kwancha has been won by Ernie!

vig me bitch

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

HiipFire posted:

vig me bitch

God drat you're unpleasant.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Quote is not edit! That said, the following has been added to the OP and explains the Macca mechanic in more detail:

Macca and you: An explanation of the Macca mechanic

Macca is the currency of the demonic world, and has many uses! At various points in the thread, vendors or demons may appear, and you can use your macca to either purchase their wares or recruit them, respectively. Each player gains 5,000 Macca per night, so save and spend wisely! Vendors will offer a variety of wares at set prices, and will leave once all items have been purchased. Demons may approach the players in two different ways: they can auction themselves off, or they can ask the players for offers. In the case of a demon auction, it is possible to bid more Macca than you currently possess, but doing so is very risky, as the demon may become very cross with you if you are unable to pay up! When offers are taken, it's possible to offer items a player possesses in addition to Macca, and the demon will accept the most valuable offer determined by the amount of Macca offered + the value of the item offered. If the player offers an item, they also LOSE that item as it is taken by the demon as payment.

It IS possible to gift your Macca to another player, however doing so is a night action and therefore CANNOT be done at the same time as using any demons, items, or powers you may possess that also function as night actions.

I had planned to introduce the different facets of the mechanics over the course of the day but I see now from the amount of questions I've gotten that was poorly thought out on my part, and I apologize.

Chic Trombone fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Feb 14, 2015

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Amni did you intentionally do that 'random' gambit to set people off because it happened at the start of Utopfia as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Ugh it's late and I'm tired and I start work early on Saturdays why can't you guys still be in jokephase? :argh:

EXAKT Science posted:

Rarity you could jokevote me! I'm not convinced you'll voe for me otherwise :v:

I still think you were town in Utopfia :colbert:

• Locked thread