Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Still Fluxing posted:

God, it was so weird seeing Triumph the Comic Insult Dog on Fallon. I didn't even understand why it felt off until I realized that I wasn't watching Conan.

It's weird seeing Triumph the Insult Comic Dog outside of the '90s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

A vision. A picture in my head. A picture of this.

Mister Kingdom posted:

I have a feeling Triumph's new show will suck.

Yeop. I was really surprised that Jack McBrayer's attached to it. Surely he could do better than that?

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Mister Kingdom posted:

I have a feeling Triumph's new show will suck.

Perchance, is this feeling based on every single thing Robert Smigel has ever done?

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

Still Fluxing posted:

Yeop. I was really surprised that Jack McBrayer's attached to it. Surely he could do better than that?

Clearly you didn't see the Conan remote where they went to The Weiner's Circle.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Irish Joe posted:

Perchance, is this feeling based on every single thing Robert Smigel has ever done?

Hey, remember when he did that voice that time? That was something.

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

A vision. A picture in my head. A picture of this.

I did, but that was one remote. Making a whole drat show out of that would be stretching the concept mighty thin. You are Fix-It Felix, have some dignity, man!

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Triumph was okay, but did that guy at the beginning really say step up you loving gay baby? If more places here would call me a gay baby when I ordered, I'd never eat at home again. :allears:

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Irish Joe posted:

TV Funhouse was pretty good.

The SNL shorts I mean, not the Comedy Central show.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

raditts posted:

Also a lot of the stuff he did on Conan.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

bobkatt013 posted:

Also a lot of the stuff he did on Conan.

Have you seen my movie JINGLE ALL THE WAY dklfjhdaslkfghsdlakfhl!

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

It sucks he doesn't do Arnold live via satellite anymore. Those random eyaauuugh noises.

DJ Pauls Gimp Arm
Mar 22, 2004

M-E-M-P-H-I-S
^^^ Bill Clinton was the best, too. It's a shame, the live via satellite bits (amongst others) the show just hasn't felt the same without.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Conan O'Brien did a thing in Cuba this weekend

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Well that should be interesting as hell to watch!

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

raditts posted:

Tv funhouse owned.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Man, Dave's going back to not giving a poo poo about his hair, and he looks like a hosed up old science teacher or something now.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

Steve Vader posted:

Man, Dave's going back to not giving a poo poo about his hair, and he looks like a hosed up old science teacher or something now.
The Best Dave.

Has Kim Thompson been fired from Late Night? She's been off the show for about a month now. Her site still says she's on the show and I can't find any news articles. She's the best part of the band. :(

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Hey look the best Late Night Host is making a return!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHmtXzv_FlQ

bubblelubble
Feb 26, 2013

scribbled out the truth,
paying in naivety.
That's not Craig Ferguson :smith:

Iowa Snow King
Jan 5, 2008
If I get to see Conan do the string dance on a Havana street corner I will poo poo a brick of pure happiness

Chand0X
Sep 15, 2003
1iota's ticket site for Corden's LLS is now up: http://1iota.com/Show/439/The-Late-Late-Show-with-James-Corden

Looks like he's doing 5 test shows before March 23rd.

Missing Craig. :(

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Harminoff posted:

Hey look the best Late Night Host is making a return!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHmtXzv_FlQ

I legit really like Tom Green and his little back and forth with 4chan during the last run of this show was great.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Wow, looks like the rush of people to buy tickets crashed the site.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Hahaha oh my god, some French talk show lifted a Conan bit (Bill Tull's holiday tips) without changing it at all and Conan issued some ridiculous demands towards the country of France and said if they didn't complete them that it would be considered an act of war :allears:

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Hahaha oh my god, some French talk show lifted a Conan bit (Bill Tull's holiday tips) without changing it at all and Conan issued some ridiculous demands towards the country of France and said if they didn't complete them that it would be considered an act of war :allears:

Is it the same French talk show guy that ripped off Craig?

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe
Tonight, the sequel to going on Tinder with Dave Franco: going on Grindr with Billy Eichner.

This has definitely been an "on" week for Conan so far.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Space_Butler posted:

Tonight, the sequel to going on Tinder with Dave Franco: going on Grindr with Billy Eichner.

This has definitely been an "on" week for Conan so far.
Yesssssss. And next week is his Cuba show!

e: Conan Joins Grindr

Everybody should watch this.

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Feb 25, 2015

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Who was the guy who got such a huge response from the women in the audience in the craigslist ad segment on Wednesdays conan? Anybody at all? Just seems strange for some rando to get such a rise.

DJ Pauls Gimp Arm
Mar 22, 2004

M-E-M-P-H-I-S
^^^ I noticed that, too, and was thinking the same thing.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

Frostwerks posted:

Who was the guy who got such a huge response from the women in the audience in the craigslist ad segment on Wednesdays conan? Anybody at all? Just seems strange for some rando to get such a rise.

Are you talking about the actual human being whom not only purchased but wore to a television taping an "Orgasm Donor" t-shirt? Because those may have been squeals of horror at recognition of their worst nightmare come to life. That or it's some local comedian who makes fun of people who are actually that dumb. I hope so, anyway.

DJ Pauls Gimp Arm
Mar 22, 2004

M-E-M-P-H-I-S

SHUPS 4 DETH posted:

Are you talking about the actual human being whom not only purchased but wore to a television taping an "Orgasm Donor" t-shirt? Because those may have been squeals of horror at recognition of their worst nightmare come to life. That or it's some local comedian who makes fun of people who are actually that dumb. I hope so, anyway.

I thought he was actually referring to the fourth guy, the guy with grey hair that looked like a college professor or something. The crowd audibly "woo"s when he appears on the screen. Who knows, could have been anything really.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

DJ Pauls Gimp Arm posted:

I thought he was actually referring to the fourth guy, the guy with grey hair that looked like a college professor or something. The crowd audibly "woo"s when he appears on the screen. Who knows, could have been anything really.

Yeah, this one.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcriETvXGPU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiPAvM0t5Bo

Have people been aware of these? I just stumbled across them yesterday.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

We have not. I thank you for bringing them to our attention. It is a nice little CraigyFix.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Craig's next move in an ABC comedy pilot, "The King of 7B".

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
It looks like Kim Thompson is out of the 8G Band. Maybe Fred didn't like someone playing so much better than him. He has no charisma, musically. The rest of the band has been the saving grace of the show in its first year. Fred just looks like he's waiting for it to be over. Maybe Thompson left on her own accord, but I hate Armisen, and have no problem blaming him, given that there's been no mention of where Kim went.

"I wanna play drums now!!"

Chand0X
Sep 15, 2003
Variety article on Corden and the plans for the LLS:

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/james-corden-late-late-show-new-host-interview-1201444685/

quote:

But there’s one thing he’s not, which has pretty much been a prerequisite for anyone aspiring to a latenight job: “I never will be a standup comedian,” he says. “It’s just not in my skill set.”

Which is why he, along with Winston and Crabbe, have been tinkering with every part of the latenight format; they want to play to his strengths.

quote:

Similarly, the structure of the program itself, which will air four nights a week (with reruns on Fridays), isn’t going to be traditional — starting with the monologue, or lack thereof.

Yes, Corden will greet the audience and say something funny — but producers aren’t planning a lineup of 20 jokes in classic latenight fashion.

“James is not going to be able to go out and do six minutes on Isis,” Crabbe says. “I just don’t think that’s going to be his style.”

The goal is to get to the guests faster. There’s a debate with CBS over how long the first act will be. If the producers get their way, the guests will be coming out in the initial part of the program — all at once. They’re modeling the show on Graham Norton’s U.K. series, in which all the stars come out at the same time and chat together on the couch.

quote:

What happens once everyone is settled comfortably on the “Late Late Show” couch is anyone’s guess. “We’re not just going to sit and talk to our guests,” Bernstein says. “But the great thing about James is he can do it all. If he wants to do some fun game with all of his guests, he can. And if he wants to sit and have an in-depth conversation with someone, he can do that, too.”

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
I am okay with them ditching the monologue. I just hope that the show doesn't tank because of him and scare off the execs from ever trying it again.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe

Megazver posted:

I am okay with them ditching the monologue. I just hope that the show doesn't tank because of him and scare off the execs from ever trying it again.

I guess I hope for his sake that he finds a way to make it work, but ugh. He's a funny enough comedian when he's playing to his strengths but he's abrasive as gently caress and he's got none of Ferguson's charm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Megazver posted:

Yeah, I could give a poo poo about the monologue and I hate the stale late-night talk formula, but he better have something drat good planned in its place. I'm not crazy about the "reruns on Friday" idea either, seeing as that's probably when I'm most likely to watch it. Staying up past 1 watching TV on weeknights is just not a thing I do anymore.