Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Cricket
This poll is closed.
Blackface in crowd 129 55.36%
References to Lord of the Rings 104 44.64%
Total: 233 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

England are also boring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Putting Smith was a pure piss take

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Morgan has 4 ducks in his last 7 innings.

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Taylor seems good, what country is he from?

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein
Finn and Taylor standing next to each other is great physical comedy

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
Let's see if Mitch can get a 10-for

Jon Von Anchovi
Sep 5, 2014

:australia:
Mitchell Johnson did his best stoked dracula impression after that c&b

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Anderson to strand Taylor on 99

RichardA
Sep 1, 2006
Dinosaur Gum
Great if Taylor gets a hundred.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Remind me how long Cook kept Taylor out of the side. I feel the need to drink.

Jon Von Anchovi
Sep 5, 2014

tarbrush posted:

Anderson to strand Taylor on 99

So close

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

This thread is so funny when either England or Aus are losing a match. Guaranteed laughs when they are playing each other.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Haha perfect finish

subroc
Jun 5, 2004

lol perfect ending

edit: Or not

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

This is the greatest meaningless farce

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Boo no Mitchout

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Surely it's dead after he's given out? This is silly

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Well that was loving bizarre

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Lol nail taken back out of coffin.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Lmao you'd think of all people the umpires would understand the rules

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
What the christ

The ball should be dead? The BCCI are no doubt laughing their arses off

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Lmao what the hell is going on.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Shame for Australia really, kind of gives a weird finish to a really excellent game for them.

Jon Von Anchovi
Sep 5, 2014

Shmoses posted:

Surely it's dead after he's given out? This is silly

Yeah even as an Aussie that seems like a massive cock up from the umpires. That being said; great performance all round from our star maxwell

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Pretty silly end there

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.
This just in cricket now has double plays, but on review you can get one decision overturned. What the gently caress was that.

Commentators give no shits and move on quickly because it's not an Australian.

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

Sorry for the dumb question, but are you allowed to run when the ball just nicks off your pad rather than being batted?

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Can we get a ruling on that?

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Feel kind of sorry for Taylor, he was the only English player that deserved to take something away from it.

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.

Dunbar posted:

Sorry for the dumb question, but are you allowed to run when the ball just nicks off your pad rather than being batted?

Yeah, it's called a leg bye, the umpire will lift his knee in the air and slap the top of this thigh. Also the runs aren't attributed to the batsman in the case, they go into the "extras" total which counts runs from wides, no balls etc.

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost

Dunbar posted:

Yes but the batsman doesn't get the run. Its a Leg bye which goes against the bowling team.

ssmagus
Apr 2, 2010
Assmagus, LPer ass-traordinaire
This is some kind of :wtc: here

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

markgreyam posted:

the umpire will lift his knee in the air and slap the top of this thigh.

tis a silly game.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Cricinfo is saying there might be a rule that if a decision is reviewed then the ball is not dead which still seems loving retarded.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Dunbar posted:

Yep, though if it doesn't hit your bat you don't get credit for the run (it counts as Extras or Sundries).

You can also attempt a run even if the ball didn't hit anything, though this is pretty rare (usually when the wicketkeeper fucks up hilariously). Those runs are recorded as Byes

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.

Airstream Driver posted:

tis a silly game.

Of course that if it's a non mentally disabled umpire. If it's Billy Bowden he will probably do a pirouette while patting his head and rubbing his stomach.

No one gives a poo poo about your ridiculous dramatization of a 100 year old war, Channel 9, replay the loving NZ game.

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.

Mister Chief posted:

Cricinfo is saying there might be a rule that if a decision is reviewed then the ball is not dead which still seems loving retarded.

Cricinfo also making it up as they go along much like the third and on-field umpires.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Just on the leg bye talk.

The batsman has to be either attempting a shot or avoiding being hit to take a leg bye. The batsman can't just boot the ball for four.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Well that was a shame. It seems that Australia have begun the cheating already. This world cup has been bought and paid for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.
We just saw a player given run out after the other batsman was already given out, I'm not discounting anything anymore.