Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Cricket
This poll is closed.
Blackface in crowd 129 55.36%
References to Lord of the Rings 104 44.64%
Total: 233 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
On the Anderson run out its a weird one. The umpire signals dead ball to over turn the decision. Instinctively I feel like the ball is dead but Anderson was also going for the run so in a lot of situations where the ball would be otherwise dead (bowled on a no ball for example) the umpire would treat the ball as alive if a player was genuinely going for a run.

Like if Anderson was just wandering around after the lbw and the stumps had been thrown down I've no doubt that would have been called dead.

In short its confusing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
https://twitter.com/TheCricketGeek/status/566553770700861441

Picture of rules in the tweet say the ball was dead

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Never underestimate the umpires desire to save face as well.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Scylo posted:

https://twitter.com/TheCricketGeek/status/566553770700861441

Picture of rules in the tweet say the ball was dead

What a surprise Dharmasena was wrong.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

You could even see Taylor saying that it was a dead ball. How is it that players know the laws better than umpires

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Lionel Richie posted:

You could even see Taylor saying that it was a dead ball. How is it that players know the laws better than umpires

Mate, front on literally over turns the dismissal by signaling deadball.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

That's hosed up.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Lionel Richie posted:

Well that was a shame. It seems that Australia have begun the cheating already. This world cup has been bought and paid for.

Did England get paid to fail that badly?

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Is India v Pakistan not on FTA? gently caress this.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Seams posted:

Only the Australian games are on FTA. Its incredibly lame.

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Seams posted:

You will see most of it on the news when the fans tear Adelaide oval apart

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Cat Terrist posted:

They were getting worried that Jimmy T (who is a cracking lad) would blast England to victory so they contrived to remove him in an unfair manner. It's disgraceful.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Are they all on Foxtel? Torrenting can't kill that company fast enough.

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Will be broadcast to 1.2 BILLION PEOPLE (except the people who live in the country where it is being played)

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

EMC posted:

You will see most of it on the news when the fans tear Adelaide oval apart

I had no idea the game sold out in 20 minutes and went looking to see if I could buy a ticket the other day.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009

quote:

"I think it was probably above par, the wicket is really good and we probably let ourselves down in the field," says Eoin Morgan. "Death bowling let us down. 310 was par, but we needed all our guns firing. It's one of our strengths, we've been top in the first 10-overs and with Jimmy and Broady back, bowling was a good decision. That's the most frustrating thing, we started slow and cold in the field with drop catches and run outs. Finny taking his second five for on this tour so far and James Taylor very unlucky not to get a hundred. They're probably our two toughtest games in the group stage, and if we keep testing ourselves like this we'll go on to the quarter finals. I think the senior players need to stand up that's all."

quote:

Death bowling let us down

I mean..it's true but I don't think it made a difference when they only managed to make 231. At some point Morgan should just be saying "I'm poo poo, it's my fault"

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Cat Terrist posted:

That Woakes drop in the first over was pretty sus imo. I think they're in on it.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I think we're glossing over the weirdest thing in the match which was Marsh taking a 5-for.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

I find it odd that no one has mentioned it yet but Bevan does punditry for cricinfo nowadays.

EDIT: Trott even says Josh Buttler.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Seams posted:

I think we're glossing over the weirdest thing in the match which was Marsh taking a 5-for.
He had six ODI wickets before today...

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Good. Jos is a dumb name.

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

Its just lovely here this time of year.

Seams posted:

A Marsh who is not terrible!

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
0 England v Australia............Melbourne 14 Feb 2015 ODI # 3600
0 England v Pakistan............Sydney 11 Feb 2015 Other OD
- England v West Indies......Sydney 9 Feb 2015 Other OD
0 England v Australia............Perth 1 Feb 2015 ODI # 3597
2 England v India...................Perth 30 Jan 2015 ODI # 3595
0 England v Australia............Hobart 23 Jan 2015 ODI # 3589

Good poo poo Eoin.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
"If I was nicking every ball I'd be worried, but I'm not. I'm getting out in different ways." Says @Eoin16 on his run of form. #bbccricket

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

Its just lovely here this time of year.
Having invented cricket the English now pin their hopes on everyone but Englishmen to lead them to glory

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Well of course. Empire gave a huge underclass to exploit. There's no need to have our chaps do the work.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
A good hat trick for Finn, a stonking 98* for Taylor, once again England walk away with a deserved victory

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Cock, Rules, Everything, Around, Me
Scratchmo

Just on the leg bye talk.

The batsman has to be either attempting a shot or avoiding being hit to take a leg bye. The batsman can't just boot the ball for four.

Which is kind of a shame since it would be amazing to see a team of martial arts masters come out to "bat" without an actual bat.

Spacman
Mar 18, 2014

MrL_JaKiri posted:

A good hat trick for Finn, a stonking 98* for Taylor, once again England walk away with a deserved victory

They would have smashed 111 off those last 53 balls if those dastardly pro [opponent] umpires hadn't robbed them of victory on the [random poo poo tailender] dismissal Seriously, we should focus on that, because apart form that lovely decision, England were far better than [opponent]. E***They even got a hat trick!!!***

Next thing you know they will want DRS gone. Interchange England with India. loving crybabies.

/endsledge

Spacman fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Feb 14, 2015

nzspambot
Mar 26, 2010

Seams posted:

I found a not-very-legal site which has all the world cup games from 3 different broadcasters..

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

nzspambot posted:

I found a not-very-legal site which has all the world cup games from 3 different broadcasters..

I was using probably the same one last night. Does it feature a certifiably insane chat room?

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Spacman posted:

They would have smashed 111 off those last 53 balls if those dastardly pro [opponent] umpires hadn't robbed them of victory on the [random poo poo tailender] dismissal Seriously, we should focus on that, because apart form that lovely decision, England were far better than [opponent]. E***They even got a hat trick!!!***

Next thing you know they will want DRS gone. Interchange England with India. loving crybabies.

/endsledge

Um, ok cool

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Spacman posted:

/endsledge

It's actually quite a big deal if the umpires don't know the laws of the game. The fact that it cost England the victory is incidental in this matter.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Lionel Richie posted:

It's actually quite a big deal if the umpires don't know the laws of the game. The fact that it cost England the victory is incidental in this matter.

The umpires and England are a perfect pair. They both dont know how cricket is played.

Gambrinus
Mar 1, 2005
Highlights on ITV (!) for those of you in the UK starting now in a minute.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Lionel Richie posted:

Imagine if this was a knockout match. Even if the match situation was exactly the same they'd be spewing because you never know.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Interesting that Finn took 5 for including a hattrick whereas Jimmy "James" Anderson got 0-70 or something. What a retard.

nzspambot
Mar 26, 2010

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Interesting that Finn took 5 for including a hattrick whereas Jimmy "James" Anderson got 0-70 or something. What a retard.

mate I hear he is smashing them in the nets and is due a big one right around the corner

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein
I was at the game and let me assure you that the air was thick with tension at the prospect of little Jimmy James and big Jimmy James completing the most audacious of heists, before Dharmasena, who is definitely on Cricket Australia payroll, shut it down in the most blatant display of cheating since Brad Haddin punched the stumps with his fist and pretended the batsman was out bowled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
It'd be great if England miss out on getting to the finals because their overall net run rate is a tiny bit below the team they are tied with