Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
##vote Ninth

:sun:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

yawn

can confirm diq sent me items obv

used the urn with coins because ecco said it looked like it was in rough shape

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Did you check what the ring does?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

nah I can do it tho, I didn't want to waste the urn

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

._.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

i'm not your personal assistant

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

It doesn't make sense for you to not have checked the ring out, though. It would have made a difference in today's lynch. It would have said something to your alignment. It would have said something to mine. Instead you just used my crappy item that you didn't even know the purpose of.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

OTOH if you did hide the scum might have tried to kill you knowing that. You know, Ninth might just be scum :P

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

i don't follow why this ring would have mattered at all

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Get this: It's what I used on Merk the night Ninth was tracked to Merk. It would have corroborated what I did that night. It would have increased the liklihood that Ninth tried to kill Merk. It would have proven I did what I said I did and it would have at least suggested that you were working toward solving the game instead of loving off in a corner and thus made you look more town.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

yuming posted:

##vote Ninth

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

True and Real posted:

Get this: It's what I used on Merk the night Ninth was tracked to Merk. It would have corroborated what I did that night. It would have increased the liklihood that Ninth tried to kill Merk. It would have proven I did what I said I did and it would have at least suggested that you were working toward solving the game instead of loving off in a corner and thus made you look more town.

i don't really care about "looking town" diq

did i have any way of knowing you used this ring

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Tremendous Taste posted:

i don't follow why this ring would have mattered at all

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Tremendous Taste posted:

i don't really care about "looking town" diq

did i have any way of knowing you used this ring

You're already super close to being lynched on any day, why don't you care about helping the town do a single loving thing over the course of days you've played in this game?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
TNL is -1

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'm not sure how I was supposed to know

if it was actually that important you could have tried to tip me off in any capacity whatsoever

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Did you not read the god drat game?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I wasn't upset with you until I realized you just didn't even realize you should have done it.

:aaa:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

remember when i said i skipped a lot of the thread before yelling with tnl

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

:negative:

It doesn't matter much anymore. But it's probably a protection item so try to use it and lmk what it does buddy

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Not much I want to add really. I think yuming is scummy and should probably be your next lynch. Tremendous Taste's play has been super self-serving and his activity outside of defending himself is terribly sparse. I've been ragging on Opop but actually I think wins is super scummy on reflection. He spent yesterday gathering item info and it looked helpful but not much came from it. That's essentially my impression of wins' posting all game; I also think he's been avoiding central discussions.

So my top three for you guys, for whatever it's worth: yuming, wins, TT in about that order of conviction. IMO scum in this game probably never had control over any major event that happened. I think merk has to be town or else has played a super-tight scum game. In light of that it's hard to imagine where scum could have stepped in and controlled the narrative at any point. Look at people who weighed in on things like merk's tracking on me and pay attention to those who either didn't weigh in or did it quickly.

Finally I'd like to reiterate that at no point have I lied this game. My night actions were: n1 nothing, d2 get candles from Chic lynch, n2 divine candles, n3 protect merk and myself, n4 give candles to Keane / get ring, n5 inspect ring. You can take my word for it after I flip I guess.

The ring I got is described as golden with letters scrawled all over it. I divined it and was told that the text describes the story of a king who got in a conflict with the local assassin's guild and commissioned this ring to keep himself safe. He went on to crush a rebellion, consolidate his power, and.... the story ends abruptly. Pretty ominous. The function I divined is that it makes its user immune to being killed for the night that it is worn (this is explicitly stated outside of just flavor). However the flavor does mention that the ring is enchanted to keep any harm from coming to it or even to keep its very existence secret, and goes on to suggest strongly that there's probably more to this ring than meets the eye.Needless to say I didn't wear the ring and I don't recommend that anyone else wear it. Nobody claimed they gave it to me so I'm almost completely positive it came from scum and has some kind of drawback.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I guess I'll close by saying you guys will outright lose unless you start lynching lurkers. Too many people have been too silent and it's getting close to lylo. Once I'm dead you're probably back to a third of all living players being scum. Good luck town, I tried my best.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I'm at least grateful that I got to live another week. I would have been seriously pissed if I got lynched last weekend. Ecco games are the best!

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
TNL are you the SK? Don't lie to me, bro

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

No, I'm town.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
I'd rather judge people on their play in the game than items so I don't want to vote TNL.

##vote TT

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I'd rather judge people on their play in the game than items so I don't want to vote TNL.

I was expecting a self vote :laugh:

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
you there, TNL?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Yeah but I'm about to leave for a bar crawl. Sup.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I think we can wrap up. Ninth just poured out a lot of good content and I can't see anyone else that could be lynched today. Let's call it.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

The Ninth Layer posted:

Yeah but I'm about to leave for a bar crawl. Sup.

what's your flavor first name, last name, and role type name?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

My name is Florentius Oppota. My role name is Mage but in parentheses it's clarified that I'm a diviner aligned with the town.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Cool, see ya, friend. Enjoy the crawl.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

The Ninth Layer posted:

My name is Florentius Oppota. My role name is Mage but in parentheses it's clarified that I'm a diviner aligned with the town.

For what its worth thats exactly how my role is listed as well. Mage (town diviner).

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

merk posted:

Cool, see ya, friend. Enjoy the crawl.

Oh now we're friends, huh merk? This town wasn't big enough for the both of us. :)

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Just because I think you're scum in a game doesn't mean I dislike you as a person.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
We had a diviner flip too with the name Mage. Was just curious.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
Has yuming claimed anything at all?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I feel like Ninth is going to flip town. That sucks because it means I need to figure out what the gently caress happened with the candles and I hate that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

merk posted:

Just because I think you're scum in a game doesn't mean I dislike you as a person.

Yeah I'm just giving you a hard time. I'm proud that I thwarted at least one of your lynch attempts. Still got it.

• Locked thread