Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Bluedeanie posted:

Is Matt Riddle good at this? He seemed wrassly enough but I really wouldn't know the difference.

He did ok, the guy he's training under is a big proponent of doing stuff old school so his grapply background really shines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
SPINNING poo poo STRIKES AGAIN IN BELLATOR

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Manhoef is pretty bad. I was expecting that a "K1 LEVEL STRIKER" would have been ready to counter that dumb backfist, then he died.

Dr. Pancakes
Aug 12, 2011

Thank you for not eating me without syrup
Nice spinning ko

CommonShore posted:

Manhoef is pretty bad. I was expecting that a "K1 LEVEL STRIKER" would have been ready to counter that dumb backfist, then he died.

What made it that much better is he was throwing it often also with no real set up.

Dr. Pancakes fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Feb 14, 2015

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
god damnit melvin.

and yet that's totally expected so i'm not even mad

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

CommonShore posted:

Melvin has maxed out his offensive striking so he has 0 in defensive striking and grappling

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

For being such a great striker Shlemnko never looks all that good striking. As somebody said, he was throwing spinning poo poo with zero set up and eventually stepped in poo poo and connected on one. Manhoef sucks.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Ty1990 posted:

For being such a great striker Shlemnko never looks all that good striking. As somebody said, he was throwing spinning poo poo with zero set up and eventually stepped in poo poo and connected on one. Manhoef sucks.

Woodley is demonstrably a better striker than Manhoef.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
I love Melvin but he needs to hang them up, the guy can and has made 170 and spent most of his career fighting heavyweights, with predictable results for a Mike's Gym fighter

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
He needs to fight Kimbo first

individual865
Mar 26, 2007

Life on the outside ain't what it used to be.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUlRaQfOc30

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

Jesus H. Christ :stare:

individual865
Mar 26, 2007

at 56:37 is the worst KO i've ever seen. Holy loving poo poo.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

that spinning kick ko is massively hosed up wow

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing

individual865 posted:

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

individual865 posted:

It's borderline :nms: holy poo poo.

individual865
Mar 26, 2007

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

It's borderline :nms: holy poo poo.

I'm genuinely concerned I may have just watched someone die.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
hahaha jesus christ, i watched it and was like "it's not that bad" and then his body started trying to take off and then like 10 minutes later he's still unconscious and so stiff that they pick him up without a stretcher and carry him out of the cage so they can start the next fight

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

individual865 posted:

It didn't help that the highly trained Oplot medical staff were like shaking him and spraying water and poo poo on him, and then didn't have a stretcher to carry him out (still unconscious like 10 minutes later) so they just kind of all grabbed a limb and carried him out

cisneros
Apr 18, 2006

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

It didn't help that the highly trained Oplot medical staff were like shaking him and spraying water and poo poo on him, and then didn't have a stretcher to carry him out (still unconscious like 10 minutes later) so they just kind of all grabbed a limb and carried him out

I liked the guy standing on his legs to stop them from shaking.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

I saw it and didn't think it was too bad. Then I kept watching. And watching. :stare:

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
the fight ends when the referee decides, but your life ends when the crack oplot trauma team decide, all of whom have constructed a large dart board to hurl your stiff, lifeless body into with a modified grad launcher for the purposes of resuscitation

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
That was pretty hosed up

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
CLEAR! *aleksei oleinik starts alternately waving a towel at and sprinkling water on lenin's glass case*

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
:stare: Well, that tops Vitor/Lindland.

mewse
May 2, 2006

That looked like a seizure rather than a KO

e: LOL let's have a big round of applause for the guy that is still unconscious

mewse fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Feb 15, 2015

red19fire
May 26, 2010

individual865 posted:

The extreme closeup of the guy dribbling blood from his mouth as he seizes is unsettling.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

That was the most disturbing thing I've ever seen from this dumb sport. The turn of the 19th century seizure treatment, the blood dribbling from the mouth, the carrying away the stiff body, and the ring boy mopping up a man's life so the show can go on really painted a grim picture. Has anybody scoured some weird eastern bloc mma sites to make sure he isn't dead?

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Charles Gnarwin posted:

That was the most disturbing thing I've ever seen from this dumb sport. The turn of the 19th century seizure treatment, the blood dribbling from the mouth, the carrying away the stiff body, and the ring boy mopping up a man's life so the show can go on really painted a grim picture. Has anybody scoured some weird eastern bloc mma sites to make sure he isn't dead?

I asked Oliynyk on facebook, but I haven't heard anything back from him yet

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
I found this.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

well that settles it

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.
welcome to russia + eastern europe

the fact that they even had doctors and didn't just stick a funnel down his throat and try to vodka him out of it is a step up

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Failing to see how that's not an improvement on "western" medicine.

e: wording*

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.
while this is the worst KO i've seen from oplot it does remind me of that time they had a guy out in the cage for 11 minutes while people shuffled in and out to look at him

they decided to relax the audience by having the Oplot stsrippers come out and do a dance to loud techno music while a man lay in hte center of the cage, his body surrounded by flashing lights from the dance lights

Opal
May 10, 2005

some by their splendor rival the colors of the painters, others the flame of burning sulphur or of fire quickened by oil.
Wow I missed that, what event?

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
M-1 are doing the smart thing and holding more fights with guys in suits of armour

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

This is what MMA needs right now

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

When are the Mongolians gonna come dominate this event?

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

Triticum Guzzler posted:

CLEAR! *aleksei oleinik starts alternately waving a towel at and sprinkling water on lenin's glass case*

hahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Triticum Guzzler posted:

the fight ends when the referee decides, but your life ends when the crack oplot trauma team decide, all of whom have constructed a large dart board to hurl your stiff, lifeless body into with a modified grad launcher for the purposes of resuscitation

Triticum Guzzler posted:

lmao