Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wicka
Jun 28, 2007

the last time i saw someone die in a race it was because they got hit in the face with a tire. needless to say this is awesome news.

this is sarcasm, btw, i am not a bad enough poster/person to legitimately hope for someone to die. what in the absolute gently caress, nascar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect
Why not just go for a single center lug or is that too foreign or something

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

BOY THAT KYLE LARSON SURE IS A WHEELMAN HURR

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Yesssssssssss Larson wiped Kes

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect
*randomly drifts up the track into cars*

Hey guys I'm NASCAR's future!

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Hey, NASCAR chat here for the new people. Come goonchat this bullshit we all love: http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/#nascar@irc.synirc.net

Cubey posted:

BOY THAT KYLE LARSON SURE IS A WHEELMAN HURR

I'd expect that out of sophomore season Jocko Flocko.

And I don't even think the lugs are even on the "honor system", per se. I think it's literally just "put however many you want on".

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

CBJSprague24 posted:

And I don't even think the lugs are even on the "honor system", per se. I think it's literally just "put however many you want on".

Even if it were an 'honor system', honor systems would never work in any competitive event, NASCAR or otherwise.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

Cubey posted:

Even if it were an 'honor system', honor systems would never work in any competitive event, NASCAR or otherwise.

IIRC, SRA made a post that you could have 3 or 4 lugs on that'll keep the wheel on securely if you balance it out correctly. I don't know we'll see if we get random tires coming out of the hub causing big crashes.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

BMB5150 posted:

IIRC, SRA made a post that you could have 3 or 4 lugs on that'll keep the wheel on securely if you balance it out correctly. I don't know we'll see if we get random tires coming out of the hub causing big crashes.

I drove with only 2 of 4 lugs on one of my tires for a while and the wheel never fell off, so I know it's possible to not have a few. OTOH, I wasn't going 190+ MPH so whether it's a good idea to go without a lug nut or two at those speeds...well it seems like a bad idea, anyway.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
new cost cutting measure!

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

So I mentioned it on IRC, but I'm going to run Bingo for the 500. I don't have a prize though, sorry guys. I'll make a thread on Wednesday and post the link in here, so don't worry about requesting bingo cards yet.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
The pack got Biffled.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Roush Team Leader Greg Biffle

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW
Keeping in mind there are 4 tires on 43 cars. Only one has to fail for there to be a pretty big problem. Maybe it'll be alright but it'll be hilarious if it isn't.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

biffle blames mcmurray

well i'm shocked

Jack-in-the-Bach
Oct 15, 2005

Two wrecks, two drivers that caused it not taking blame

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

uh can we get better footage of hamlin catching the splitter and flying through the air

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

clint bowyer sounds like his robot software scanned urban dictionary and got slightly more realistic

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Casey Mears gon win dis.

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect
Danica has been makin some smooth moves, maybe a win this year huh fellas?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

are they even watching the race? you could see stenhouse go around and it took them forever to say anything. also please shut up about danica doing the same things as everyone else

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

be nice wicka posted:

are they even watching the race? you could see stenhouse go around and it took them forever to say anything. also please shut up about danica doing the same things as everyone else

in the case of danica, i guess she does deserve some praise for not just full-throttling into the wreck. you could call that progress.

Buddyleet
Jun 5, 2004
The Walking Man
:flag:

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

ugh at least this doesn't pay points

elmono311
Apr 30, 2007

Every kiss begins with Kahne
Thanks, Edwards, for not doing anything to help push Truex because Kenses is your teammate. rear end.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Oh well. Glad to see Truex and Mears run so well.

elmono311
Apr 30, 2007

Every kiss begins with Kahne
Hahahaha. "Shut the gently caress up."

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things
Is is just me, or is the camera angles and zoom even worse now?

They were so close up on the cars you couldn't see a drat thing going on.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Slickdrac posted:

And when a wreck happened they seemed to spazz out to like 5 different angles

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

Slickdrac posted:

Should do a youtube doubler comparing say this race against 1997 Shootout.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

elmono311 posted:

Thanks, Edwards, for not doing anything to help push Truex because Kenses is your teammate. rear end.
Good strategy move, IMO.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Don't worry, NASCAR has the 100% rule so they can penalize Edwards for not going full speed.

Oh wait. That's some reactionary phantom rule that isn't actually enforced.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

L_Harrison posted:

Oh wait. That's some reactionary phantom rule that isn't actually enforced.

every nascar rule.txt

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

If anyone's still up New Smyrna stuff is still going on. Pro Trucks, Mini Stocks and Super late Models being tape delayed on the site I think lol

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Elitist Bitch posted:

So I mentioned it on IRC, but I'm going to run Bingo for the 500. I don't have a prize though, sorry guys. I'll make a thread on Wednesday and post the link in here, so don't worry about requesting bingo cards yet.

Yes!

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

Lol the winningest Driver in Iracing late models is in the super late model race.

also it's pretty clownshoes.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Elitist Bitch posted:

If you run Bingo I'll eBay some dumb poo poo for a winner.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Thank you for reviving bingo.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
lol first race of the year and I passed out

Here's your sign

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW
Auto-erotic asphyxiation can be very dangerous.

• Locked thread