Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

K. Flaps posted:

Type Poon.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I'm a big type moon fan

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Endorph posted:

id say more like the star wars fans

theres people who just like the stuff and then move on and then there's people who have gigantic nerd debates over unimportant minutiae and write huge epic fanfiction

theres even published fanfiction, like fate/zero

And there's even a Wookieepedia equivalent in Beast's Lair.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Eej posted:

I'm a big type moon fan

I'm really happy you guys can marry in Alabama now.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

K. Flaps posted:

I'm really happy you guys can marry in Alabama now.
who the gently caress would want to get married in alabama

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

AnacondaHL posted:

so typemoon fans are the Tool fans of anime?

Whoa. Let's not say stuff that can hurt people that badly, Anaconda. Not even the Type-Moon fans deserve to be compared with the Tool army (or the NIN Spiral, for that matter). Type-Moon fans are like... well, kinda like those guys that read Star Wars expanded universe to "get the real skinny" about midiclorians and the force and whatever passes for power levels in a Galaxy Far Far Away...

... alternatively, you can just say that they sincerely enjoyed the 9th season of How I Met Your Mother and be done with hurting someone's feelings.

Snow Halation
Dec 29, 2008

Yes
Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works 2nd Season
Ore Monogatari!!
Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha ViVid
Hibike! Euphonium
Houkago no Pleiades

Maybe
Arslan Senki
Nagato Yuki-chan no Shoushitsu
Etotama
Hello!! Kiniro Mosaic
Lupin III (2015)
Dungeon ni Deai o Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka?

Snow Halation fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Feb 17, 2015

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Making threads for
Kinmoza
Nagato (maybe)

Will watch
All the anims

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Oh, it's Rinne. Cool. The manga was much closer to a Ranma than an Inuyasha on quality, so the adaptation could be good if it's not padded to hell.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Dungeon ni Deai o Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka?/Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?
J.C. Staff, Yoshiki Yamakawa - Action, Adventure, Comedy, Fantasy, Romance
The story takes place in the town of labyrinths, Orario, also called "Dungeon." Bell Cranel is a newbie adventurer that admires "Having a fateful meeting with a person of the opposite gender." One day during an adventure, he is attacked by a Minotaur. Close to destruction, he is saved by a top-class female adventurer, Eyes Warenstein. He falls in love with her at first sight, and begins actions to become an adventurer that is on her level. He later encounters Hestia, a god called a "Lolita god" due to her stature who falls in love with him.

Sigh. I was so close to maybe checking out the first episode.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's okay, she's 5000 years old, probably.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

because it sounded so good up to there

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

lol I only just noticed the name 'Eyes Warenstein', that's some Gundam poo poo.

tupac holocron
Apr 23, 2008
The son of Maryam is about to descend amongst you as a correct ruler, he will break the cross and kill the pig!
arslan senki might be good but as an american i am legally obliged to hate and fear iran

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!

Sakurazuka posted:

lol I only just noticed the name 'Eyes Warenstein', that's some Gundam poo poo.

Vol 6 of the Japanese light novel has her down as "Ais Wallenstein", if that's better. Not sure where this Eyes thing originates from.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Definitely watching:
Ore Monogatari!! - yessssss finally
Sidonia - tbh I wouldn't care if this was the worst show of the season, I'm dying to see the Blame! clips this season is supposed to have.

Some maybes:
Arslan - I've tried various times to watch the old Arslan and read the new manga but can't get engaged; I suspect I'll have the same problem here but maybe not.
Kekkai Sensen - probably dumb, could be fun. The character designs kind of interested me at least. edit: found a PV
Lupin - I like Lupin only in small doses so I'll probably watch like 2 episodes of this and be done.
Ninja Slayer - I will probably wait and see what the reactions to this are but am tentatively interested at this point.

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Feb 15, 2015

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I haven't read the new manga but if it's anything like the old OAV's, Arslan is deliberately dry and like reading a history text book.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Season's pros: Hooray! A manga by the author of Yankee Kun & Megane Chan is getting an anime!! :woop:
Season's cons: It's the kissing/pantyshot fanservice one. :negative:

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Lupin III - I'm going to give Lupin a shot and see if it's good, usually the TV series are pretty good and I'm not even expecting it to be better than Fujiko Mine. I might just give it a few eps because I'm pretty burnt out on anime right now.

My Love Story!! because you'd have to be a monster to not watch it.

Ninja Slayer because the novel is pretty funny. Whoever makes the thread please title it Ninja Slayer - I'll break your karate and send you off to jigoku-hell

I'll check out Saint Seiya to see what it's about but I think it's just going to be a rehash of the Gold Saint arc so I'm not super excited.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

darkgray posted:

Vol 6 of the Japanese light novel has her down as "Ais Wallenstein", if that's better. Not sure where this Eyes thing originates from.
Even the licenced English localization has it as Aiz, probably just a mistranslation from where Lucy got the summary

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Are the original Digimon shows worth watching? I remember watching random episodes now and then as a kid, so I don't know much about it.

Also, what's with that Haruhi spinoff thing that's not even being made by KyoAni? :confused:

Watching:

I haven't actually finished the first season of Baby Steps, so maybe I'll binge that then watch the second season.

Fate/SN: UBW 2 is a must watch since the first half was so drat good.

Kekkai Sensen actually sounds pretty appealing, and is being animated by Bones and directed by the director of Kyousogiga to boot. Definitely taking a look at this.

Lupin III is another must watch. Here's to hoping it lives up to Fujiko Mine.

Ninja Slayer because Trigger, though it's not being directed by Imaishi who I assume is still working on LWA2.

Nisekoi 2 because the first season was pretty fun and I can never get enough Shinbou/Shaft. Except erotic eating sol, that was weird.

Ore Monogatari! deserves a few episodes since ADTRW seems convinced this will be really neat.

I feel like Wit's been on a role, so I'll also take a look at Seraph of the End. Then again, the director has done literally nothing else, not even episode direction or production. :shrug:

Plastic Memories sounds like it's right up my GitS and Time of Eve filled alley.

Lastly, Teekyu will probably continue to be amusingly stupid fun.

e: Oh, there's an Angel Beats special. I wonder what that's supposed to be about?

.Clash
Apr 10, 2009

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Houkago no Pleiades/Wish Upon the Pleiades
Gainax, Shouji Saeki - Magic
Subaru is a young girl who discovers that her best friend Aoi is part of magical group trying to gather engine fragments so that a little being from Pleiades can return to his home. Subaru considers joining them as she was chosen by the Pleiadian, president of this afterschool club.

:iiaca: No, really.

We're getting a full series based on a car advert ova from how many years ago?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ViggyNash posted:

e: Oh, there's an Angel Beats special. I wonder what that's supposed to be about?
The Angel Beats visual novel is finally coming out soonish, so probably pimping that.

Also, Digimon Tamers is a Really Good Show., just in general. Adventure 01 is a pretty good kid's show. Savers is basically the G Gundam of Digimon. Adventure 02 and Frontier are hot garbage. I haven't watched the newer ones.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

.Clash posted:

:iiaca: No, really.

We're getting a full series based on a car advert ova from how many years ago?

4. Not to be confused with the other bland car-funded robot show from 3 years ago.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Endorph posted:

id say more like the star wars fans

theres people who just like the stuff and then move on and then there's people who have gigantic nerd debates over unimportant minutiae and write huge epic fanfiction

theres even published fanfiction, like fate/zero

Zero is better than anything actually written by Nasu, though.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Silver2195 posted:

90% of the cast is incredibly boring and nothing really interesting happens except for the waver/rider relationship and its conclusion

stay night is 'more anime' and has pacing issues but at least that gives the cast room to breathe and the story time to actually crack a goddamn smile once in a while

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I like Zero but I agree with Endorph, SN is a way better series? subfranchise? thingie

like Rider is the only character from that series who is super memorable

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

Silver2195 posted:

you mean like better prose? because I am totally willing to believe that the script for zero has better prose than f/sn's vn

Silvain
May 19, 2006

I'm kinda awesome.
Didn't stick with the new manga of Arslan because it's just boring. Maybe if the studio animates the invasion well it could be fun but I haven't seen any LIDEN FILMS stuff.

Sawano is doing Seraph of the End so I'll give that a go. Animation should be alright being a subsidiary of Production IG.

I'll check out SNAFU because I checked out its first season but I don't remember why.

Mappa did Bahamut, Terror in Resonance and Kids on a Slope so I wanted to check out their latest but

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Butt Frosted Cake posted:

you mean like better prose? because I am totally willing to believe that the script for zero has better prose than f/sn's vn

I still can't tell is Nasu is bad or if it's just his style to be weird and awkward

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Blockhouse posted:

I still can't tell is Nasu is bad or if it's just his style to be weird and awkward
it's a combination of

weird style
kinda bad translation
not amazing writing

it all comes together sometimes though, there are some lines in f/sn that are really good, and the jankiness kind of grows on you after a while

look at fate/extra if you want nasu writing with an actually decent translation.

"Rin goes from unconscious to bitch in three seconds flat."

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
I always assumed Extra had very little writing from Nasu himself, in part because the writing style is so different, in part because it's pretty bad in a different way from Nasu's usual forms of badness.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
like i said, blame it on translation. f/sn is a huge-rear end game so im just thankful it got translated at all, but mirror-moon isnt exactly good

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Endorph posted:

90% of the cast is incredibly boring and nothing really interesting happens except for the waver/rider relationship and its conclusion
This is true. Rider and Wave were the absolute best characters in F/Z but the rest just kind of meandered through the plotpoints to reach the ending.
I had hope for Kiritsugu, but even he wasn't al lthat interesting to watch. Maybe it's just because they all looked so bland in comparison to the superior master/servant duo

aers
Feb 15, 2012

ViggyNash posted:

Ninja Slayer because Trigger, though it's not being directed by Imaishi who I assume is still working on LWA2.

Boy it sure would be nice if Imaishi was working on LWA2

Mybe he'll do one cut

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I think Nasu's best at describing A. people going nuts and B. people getting hurt really really bad

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
the man's got a talent for mollusks ill give im that

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Why are there so many Sabers?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Why are there so many Sabers?

every time Nasu or another writer wants to make a protagonist Servant the higher-ups go "do Saber again"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
When people say they like My Love Story, they're talking about the manga. While I have high hopes for the anime, they could still gently caress it up, so until it's actually airing and confirmed great, I'm still going to just say "read the manga, is good"

• Locked thread