Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I think Mafia is a good game

I think there's a lot of people and I have voting paralysis because joke votes gently caress up my scumdar :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

You've just got to come at the game from the point of view of motivations. Town players earnestly post and scum hunt. Scum players just post filler and newer scum players in particular get worried about how their joke posts will be viewed, leading to awkwardness. Town players feel no such pressure to avoid votes!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Mills posted:

Scum players just post filler

Well this isn't true. I want to vote Mills now but Utopfia :negative:

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I don't know what happened in Utopfia. Tell me!

I am just giving the wisdom of my many years of mafia service. <:mad:>

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Mills posted:

I don't know what happened in Utopfia. Tell me!

I am just giving the wisdom of my many years of mafia service. <:mad:>

Somber said scum never aggressively scumhunt (again, totally not true) and I tunnelled on him for that and was way wrong

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
That is not what I said, Rarity.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
This is the post where Rarity starts incorrectly tunneling me for the rest of the game.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I don't want to read that thread. My opinion is that scum do aggressively "scum hunt" but it is fake and non-genuine so that's what you search for. Motivation not content.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

You guys should see Milky Moor in auspol games, he's really great at scum hunting
right until the game ends and he wins as scum by throwing people under the bus.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
P sure Tithin is town

That's a rock fact

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Somberbrero posted:

The relationship between Pinterest and Bowmore here is strange, Pinterest has been overly defensive and Bowmore has been overly aggressive. Specifically it seems odd that Pinterest has cared as much as he has so far when Bowmore's vote has zero traction. I don't know if Bowmore's pressure is lazy, although I understand the characterization. Honestly I'm fairly impressed with bowmore's effort so far, considering the weekend start. I am not interested in voting either of them and would appreciate it if they went somewhere else with their votes.

What a weird, concern-trolling fake content post!

He characterizes both bowmore and I, and specifically our interaction, as "weird", but doesn't comment on our alignment at all. The conclusion you would expect to draw from thinking our interaction is weird might be that we're scum buddies faking an interaction, but Somber doesn't go there, and in fact wants neither of us to receive votes.

He says he's impressed with bowmore's effort?? Which has been to pop into the thread occasionally and say "yep, Pmom is still scum"

##voter somber

i'm not moving.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Hmm

Well that post isn't wrong

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I might have to vote Somber now

Will check back in the morning

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

BOWMORE PLAY CIVILIZATION.

Also there's a lot going on today. I believe in Pmom. Would vote Somber. Will vote Somber. ##vote Somber

Can we not wait two days?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Pinterest Mom posted:

##voter somber

hey that didn't work

##vote somber

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Chic Trombone posted:

Macca and you: An explanation of the Macca mechanic

Macca is the currency of the demonic world, and has many uses! At various points in the thread, vendors or demons may appear, and you can use your macca to either purchase their wares or recruit them, respectively. Each player gains 5,000 Macca per night, so save and spend wisely! Vendors will offer a variety of wares at set prices, and will leave once all items have been purchased. Demons may approach the players in two different ways: they can auction themselves off, or they can ask the players for offers. In the case of a demon auction, it is possible to bid more Macca than you currently possess, but doing so is very risky, as the demon may become very cross with you if you are unable to pay up! When offers are taken, it's possible to offer items a player possesses in addition to Macca, and the demon will accept the most valuable offer determined by the amount of Macca offered + the value of the item offered. If the player offers an item, they also LOSE that item as it is taken by the demon as payment.

It IS possible to gift your Macca to another player, however doing so is a night action and therefore CANNOT be done at the same time as using any demons, items, or powers you may possess that also function as night actions.

Hey, is it possible to break the game here~

Set up a chain where every player needs to spend his night action giving a token amount of macca to the next player alphabetically. If there's a NK, we'll have a small list of suspects (the person preceding the NK target alphabetically + anyone who didn't give their macca forward.) Or, scum just gives up on using their NK. win/win, right?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I guess it fails if there are two scum who are alphabetically consecutive, doesn't it

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I'm Goku.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Pinterest Mom posted:

I guess it fails if there are two scum who are alphabetically consecutive, doesn't it

Also it fails on me because I don't have any macca left!

Also

I can't believe I forgot to show off my SMT dressed 3ds! If anyone wants the raw file so that you could make your own in any color just ask.

Jato
Dec 21, 2009

drat I missed all the shopping. :(

Ernie. posted:

I can't believe I forgot to show off my SMT dressed 3ds! If anyone wants the raw file so that you could make your own in any color just ask.

I usually hate how decals look on handhelds but that looks really drat good. If I still had my small 3DS I might've considered putting that on it.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Somber has your opinion on Hal changed?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

weekly font posted:

Somber has your opinion on Hal changed?

nope, I stand by my earlier scum reads.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Ernie. posted:

Also it fails on me because I don't have any macca left!

Also

That looks amazing.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I keep missing the spending opportunities so now I'm not spending any of my money ever.

I'm going to wallpaper my house with it.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

Asiina posted:

I keep missing the spending opportunities so now I'm not spending any of my money ever.

If you give me the money, I promise to use it for good.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Asiina posted:

Same here, run one between 10pm-1am UK time Chic :argh:

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

Rarity posted:

Same here, run one between 10pm-1am UK time Chic :argh:

Quoting for truth.

I feel fine lynching any of the following 3: Somb, Atrocious and Amnistar

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

##vote somber

I've cooled on EXAKT and I agree with the case Pint Mom put forward.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Pinterest Mom posted:

What a weird, concern-trolling fake content post!

He characterizes both bowmore and I, and specifically our interaction, as "weird", but doesn't comment on our alignment at all. The conclusion you would expect to draw from thinking our interaction is weird might be that we're scum buddies faking an interaction, but Somber doesn't go there, and in fact wants neither of us to receive votes.

He says he's impressed with bowmore's effort?? Which has been to pop into the thread occasionally and say "yep, Pmom is still scum"

##voter somber

i'm not moving.

I think that saying I'm not interested in voting either of you is a pretty clear statement on your alignment. It's really not concern trolling, both of you were wasting your effort on a case that no one else cared about.

And yeah, normally I would expect bowmore to post maybe twice just around deadline day one.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

Dugong posted:

Amni did you intentionally do that 'random' gambit to set people off because it happened at the start of Utopfia as well

Yes. I abhor jokevote phase. back from camping now reading the thread.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
##vote toaster Still think he is scum.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I fight for the forces of Good!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Is Sailormoon in this game? I want to be her.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
It sucks that I'm the vote leader.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Got a day left, aye?

I'm not convinced of the car against you, but working atm so can't say why in great detail - it just reads of faux outrage to me.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Somberbrero posted:

It sucks that I'm the vote leader.
awwww

##vote somber

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Tithin, when you are town, what would you say your goal is?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
my goal is to lynch scum

two town voting each other is counterproductive to lynching scum

i dunno why more people haven't commented on toaster, amni, or hal. i rarely feel this confident about so many cases on day one.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Somberbrero posted:

my goal is to lynch scum

two town voting each other is counterproductive to lynching scum

i dunno why more people haven't commented on toaster, amni, or hal. i rarely feel this confident about so many cases on day one.
so who do you think is scum?

you said Hal is scum without a reasoning except that he must be scum if amni is??? your posting is all over the shop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

bowmore posted:

so who do you think is scum?

you said Hal is scum without a reasoning except that he must be scum if amni is??? your posting is all over the shop

:l what are you talking about?

toaster as scum explained here http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3700096&userid=147412#post441529154

hal as scum explained basically everywhere

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3700096&userid=147412#post441534816

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3700096&userid=147412#post441535288

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3700096&userid=147412#post441536166

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3700096&userid=147412#post441569745

• Locked thread