Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Cricket
This poll is closed.
Blackface in crowd 129 55.36%
References to Lord of the Rings 104 44.64%
Total: 233 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Davfff
Oct 27, 2008
come on zimmers, need another...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davfff
Oct 27, 2008

Shmoses posted:

South Africa will still make 330+ here

just want to draw attention to this post again lool

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

Davfff posted:

this was the first casual racism i'd heard but i'd bet bottom dollar that any you hear would be from either an australian commentator or one of the english toff twats.

Or Scott Styris vis-a-vis Ross Taylor liking KFC while being Samoan.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Davfff posted:

on another note though glad to hear some americans tuning in.

take note though, yanks have the most bad rear end cricket team in the world

That's a sweet video, I hope they got the funding they needed. My city (Indianapolis) had a massive argument when the mayor spent like $5 milion building some cricket grounds in a bad neighborhood, but it looks like we're still gonna host the "ICC Americas Division One Twenty20 tournament" which seems pretty cool.

Davfff
Oct 27, 2008

camoseven posted:

That's a sweet video, I hope they got the funding they needed. My city (Indianapolis) had a massive argument when the mayor spent like $5 milion building some cricket grounds in a bad neighborhood, but it looks like we're still gonna host the "ICC Americas Division One Twenty20 tournament" which seems pretty cool.

that's awesome, had no idea. good to see its taking a foothold, even if its just a small one.

Davfff
Oct 27, 2008

Smorgasbord posted:

Or Scott Styris vis-a-vis Ross Taylor liking KFC while being Samoan.

if u say this three times while looking into a mirror knuc u kinte will appear

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream
Mohammad Irfan status check: still tall as gently caress.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Davfff posted:

330 was clearly wrong but wouldn't rule out 300

nzspambot
Mar 26, 2010

zim to win the world cup imo

Davfff
Oct 27, 2008
eng zim final if u ask me

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
ballance will be so conflicted

Steve Smith is the best

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/features/steve-smith-the-makings-of-a-cricket-great/story-e6frg8h6-1227217442081

quote:

At one match, a senior cricketer parked himself close and began to sledge Smith relentlessly. The 16-year-old kept quiet for a long time, but eventually turned to his tormenter and asked, “Mate, how old are you?” The fielder replied that he was 30. “And you’re still in second grade?” the kid asked. That got a laugh from everyone and put an end to the chat, but after the game the older man sought Smith out to congratulate him on his effort.

Centusin fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Feb 15, 2015

Davfff
Oct 27, 2008

Shmoses posted:

k nah u were right first time

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Miller and Duminy have murdered Zimbabwe rip.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Miller going bananas. 30 from one over lmao.

nzspambot
Mar 26, 2010

Shmoses posted:

lol at this you're forgetting Hamiltron has like 45m boundaries

Quasimango
Mar 10, 2011

God damn you.

nzspambot posted:

lol at this you're forgetting Hamiltron has like 45m boundaries

But obviouly it's thicker bats that are the culprit in batsmen dominance.

nzspambot
Mar 26, 2010

Quasimango posted:

MASSIVE MEN with MASSIVE BATS WOW WEE LOOK AT THAT GO

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost

Shmoses posted:

South Africa will still make 330+ here

A good post

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Cock, Rules, Everything, Around, Me
Scratchmo

Davfff posted:

lool indeed.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Quasimango posted:

Yeah obviously the bats have no effect.

nzspambot
Mar 26, 2010

is Matthew Hayden cosplaying Tony Greig in that hat

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.
Has anyone found a not-garbage stream for the India/Pakistan match? The ones I have tried are all buffering like mad, even on my phone over 4G (and my neighbor's unsecured wireless), so it isn't my internet connection.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Pvt. Public posted:

Has anyone found a not-garbage stream for the India/Pakistan match? The ones I have tried are all buffering like mad, even on my phone over 4G (and my neighbor's unsecured wireless), so it isn't my internet connection.

list of streams from reddit http://www.reddit.com/r/Cricket/wiki/livestreams

The acestream one worked for me but you need to dl a player. Reasonable quality (you can see the ball)

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Airstream Driver posted:

list of streams from reddit http://www.reddit.com/r/Cricket/wiki/livestreams

The acestream one worked for me but you need to dl a player. Reasonable quality (you can see the ball)

Cheers.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Zim making a really good go of the chase.

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

What the gently caress, just had a look at the schedule and it's a minimum of 6 days between each game Australia plays. I thought they were going to shorten/streamline the world cup this time around?

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
That's the next one.

Mr Chips
Jun 27, 2007
Whose arse do I have to blow smoke up to get rid of this baby?
Are any of the matches not involving Australia being broadcast on free to air TV in Australia?

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
Yeah they probably ought to double up group stage games, maybe staggered by an hour or two to avoid simultaneous finishes.

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall

Mr Chips posted:

Are any of the matches not involving Australia being broadcast on free to air TV in Australia?

nope

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

Mr Chips posted:

"Channel Nine will only show Australia’s six pool matches, one quarter final, the two semis and final, making a total of 10 matches"

http://www.theroar.com.au/2015/02/13/icc-cricket-world-cup-broadcast-guide/

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
This is a pretty poo poo total considering they had 8 wickets in the last 10 overs.

Mr Chips
Jun 27, 2007
Whose arse do I have to blow smoke up to get rid of this baby?
just in case anyone though 9 gave any shits about cricket any more, and not jingoistic parochial bullshit

runoverbobby
Apr 21, 2007

Fighting like beavers.
India really should have managed 325-330 there.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

-Spiffy- posted:

This is a pretty poo poo total considering they had 8 wickets in the last 10 overs.

Pakistan will either knock it over inside 40 overs or get bowled out for 100.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I was looking forward to pak ind but India's batting put me to sleep. Zim SA is more exciting.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I totally forgot this started yesterday.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

serious gaylord posted:

I totally forgot this started yesterday.

Would you like to know how England is going?

Quasimango
Mar 10, 2011

God damn you.

gabensraum posted:

"Channel Nine will only show Australia’s six pool matches, one quarter final, the two semis and final, making a total of 10 matches"

http://www.theroar.com.au/2015/02/13/icc-cricket-world-cup-broadcast-guide/

I don't understand why they won't broadcast them on GEM, instead of what's on now, which is a 5 year old re-run of the Great British Bake Off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
It's 3:30 AM and I just got back from watching the first innings of India/Pakistan at a bar here in NYC. I have never experienced anything like it in 28 years of being a sports fan. Nonstop chanting in Hindi for hours, screaming with every boundary, India and Pakistan fans being civil to one another in the midst of all of it. I wish the time zones weren't so awful so I could see the conclusion. It was seriously incredible.