Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

EthanSteele posted:

All of Insalaum that survived were sent to another dimension pocket or whatever. Most of Insalaum wasn't actually that broken they were just somewhere else and then managed to repel Gaioh with the secrets of Dimensional Science after the initial defence went poorly. It was during this first fight that Aim pranked Marguerite and Chevail and asked Gaioh if he could have them as his minions.

It's neat how any holes in the plot can be instantly covered by "Aim lied about something somewhere and hosed it up"

So Marguerite and Chivail were on Gaioh's side after the first fight, and then he went to the second fight and lost, but they somehow didn't know that? And Gaioh didn't either? Aim is doing some serious 11-dimensional pranking here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Samurai Sanders posted:

So Marguerite and Chivail were on Gaioh's side after the first fight, and then he went to the second fight and lost, but they somehow didn't know that? And Gaioh didn't either? Aim is doing some serious 11-dimensional pranking here.

Yeah I think Gaioh got repelled and Aim went "see he's back early that means he killed everyone and check it out no life signs on your world guess the only relics of Insalaum are you and all these DMs!! Whahaha!!" I think for Gaioh not knowing maybe when they did the big teleport to a little pocket dimension it was a huge explosion and suddenly everyone was gone and Aim told him that he'd done a good job maybe.. I guess? Doesn't Aim also say he orchestrated everything to awaken Uther's Sphere? What a tangled web he weaves.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
So I still haven't played Z3.1 yet but I'm looking at either the PS3 or Vita version. I prefer something portable. How well does the Vita version run Z3.1?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I haven't noticed any major problems playing Z3.1 on Vita. The only odd thing is that at the very end of the game a few of the maps have so many icons that it seems to slow down when trying to pan the camera across the map, but I didn't start seeing that until the 50s. Looks great on OLED.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Yeah didn't notice any issues with the Vita version.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
if they put megas xlr in a game who would voice who

i swear to god if they don't have Norio Wakamoto as evil coop

...also what music should they use?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Vita version's great. I had so much fun customizing my soundtrack.

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?
Show me which you'll choose!

Gyra_Solune posted:

...also what music should they use?

When talking about potential SRW music for Megas, only one thing ever comes to mind for me.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
That is a pretty great song actually o.o

On another note,

What's that in the top right? I recognize all the others but that one isn't coming to me. The closest I can think of is the robot from Bushi Road which was covered by a cape the whole time, and like...the mechs the antagonists used in Galilei Donna, and they're not quite either of those.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

According to a friend the one on the top right is from Wizard Barristers? I thought that was about wizard law though????

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I think the main character could control metal or something and make robots.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
Why is there not a Giant Allege robot barrister show?

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

NotALizardman posted:

According to a friend the one on the top right is from Wizard Barristers? I thought that was about wizard law though????
It's barely about wizard law. Like hilariously so.

Also: I just want other video game mechs in SRW but it will never happen.

I will forever be taunted by mockups :negative:

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

OneDeadman posted:

It's barely about wizard law. Like hilariously so.

Also: I just want other video game mechs in SRW but it will never happen.

I will forever be taunted by mockups :negative:

gently caress white glint, let me play as nineball

Shaezerus posted:

When talking about potential SRW music for Megas, only one thing ever comes to mind for me.

that's not the main theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7PjQnw_E0U

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Fereydun posted:

gently caress white glint, let me play as nineball

that's not the main theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7PjQnw_E0U

Well, you can play as Nineball Seraph in ACE:R. But I hear that game's pretty bad and it's one of the lots and lots of replays unlocks.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Nineball Seraph is one of the few good things about ACE:R. They treat that fight with the same reverence that a Final Fantasy game treats the Weapons and it almost made up for a ton of the poo poo in that game.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

Gyra_Solune posted:

That is a pretty great song actually o.o

On another note,

What's that in the top right? I recognize all the others but that one isn't coming to me. The closest I can think of is the robot from Bushi Road which was covered by a cape the whole time, and like...the mechs the antagonists used in Galilei Donna, and they're not quite either of those.

This is the limit of my power.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Daler Mehndi posted:

This is the limit of my power.

the furthest left one is Nobunaga the Fool.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

Onmi posted:

the furthest left one is Nobunaga the Fool.
And I actually watched that. :doh: Whereas I didn't even watch some of the others, like Cross Ange.

ShiunTouya
Feb 16, 2012

Use Orgonite Buster here!
Next week the webpage will be updated on the 19th.

There's also a campaign going on PSN with all the Z series being sold cheaper (Not Z3, but there's The Best edition).

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
And the remaining one is Tenkai Knights, I think

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

Onmi posted:

And the remaining one is Tenkai Knights, I think

Kickass. I think I only saw a trailer for this one, then promptly forgot about it. I didn't even know it was a Japanese/Canadian production until I checked just now.

I should probably watch the rest of M3.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
I liked M3 but I can recognize fully why other people wouldn't. Things get very real and heavy at times but that only makes it more frustrating when it gets really anime on you (though near the end when it gets SUPER anime during one sequence is pretty drat awesome, Mahmu channeling Noriko to a glorious insert was probably my favorite thing in the show). Might also be tiring how about half of the show takes place in a dark and dreary nightmare undead alien cancer city. The first episodes are easily the weakest, things are just silly for some reason and there isn't a very consistent anything established, but it gets way more stable as it goes, just might be a bit boring to some.

The most obvious comparison is basically if Evangelion happened but Anno was just super bummed out and didn't want to talk to anyone instead of the hilarious breakdown he had instead. Possibly indeed one of the writers of it had someone in their lives affected by cancer? That struck me as a really obvious kind of thing going on, people just slowly dying as parts of their bodies gradually got eaten up by zombie metal stuff. The turning into big doofy monsters is weird though. At no point in the show did they ever look anything but dumb. The Corpse is pretty cool though, I like its design and it does successfully be intimidating and powerful.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Has anyone had problems with the d-pad acting laggy or floaty in SRW? I swear I think I had this problem before but I don't remember what fixed it. I threw the most recent Z game on my PS3 and controlling the cursor is just painful.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
I don't remember any problems with the d pad when I played Z last year.

Two things I learned today: Shinn in the Destiny is incredible. Fa in the Methuss is horrendous.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
Super belatedly,

Onmi posted:

Mobile Suit Gundam - The Origin (Real)
Getter Robo (New/Manga either works for me) (Super)
Shin Mazinger (Super)
Votoms (Real)
Gad Guard (Hybrid)
Full Metal Panic (Real)
Macross Zero (Real)
Garasaki (never seen it, but it sounds like it fits) (Real?)
Patlabor (Real)
Daiguard (Real?)
The Big O (Super)
Gaiking, Legend of Daiku Maryu (Super)
Daitarn 3 (Super)
And if I could wing it. the Zoids Battle Story. (The story that came with the model kits)

Judging by the kind of 'robots are an incredibly recent thing in war' kind of thing that's going on here, Argevollen would actually work out kind of well in this, though maybe kinda weirdly - like, it's never said, but I get the impression it secretly is taking place in some alternate early 1900s judging by fashion and architecture, in addition to the really major but never stated fact that flight seems to have never been invented (which you know, makes sense that nobody would comment on a thing that doesn't exist, it's just easy to forget), what with like a 20 foot high wall being considered a supremely defensive bastion of nigh impregnability. Argevollen and its later related mechs are basically Gundamy Evas where everything else are big blocky walking tanks, and the company that makes it is pretty much 'what if we got to actually see all the shady war-profiteering that Anaheim Electronics has got to be operating on'.

It wasn't the best show, fairly dull a lot, but it's one of the few things that is distinctly much like the OG Gundam (which I was really fond of) in terms of technology and setting (except for the whole lack of space part), especially in context of an SRW where it's hard to make original Gundam make sense.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Gyra_Solune posted:

Super belatedly,

Judging by the kind of 'robots are an incredibly recent thing in war' kind of thing that's going on here, Argevollen would actually work out kind of well in this, though maybe kinda weirdly - like, it's never said, but I get the impression it secretly is taking place in some alternate early 1900s judging by fashion and architecture, in addition to the really major but never stated fact that flight seems to have never been invented (which you know, makes sense that nobody would comment on a thing that doesn't exist, it's just easy to forget), what with like a 20 foot high wall being considered a supremely defensive bastion of nigh impregnability. Argevollen and its later related mechs are basically Gundamy Evas where everything else are big blocky walking tanks, and the company that makes it is pretty much 'what if we got to actually see all the shady war-profiteering that Anaheim Electronics has got to be operating on'.

It wasn't the best show, fairly dull a lot, but it's one of the few things that is distinctly much like the OG Gundam (which I was really fond of) in terms of technology and setting (except for the whole lack of space part), especially in context of an SRW where it's hard to make original Gundam make sense.

well from what I've seen looking the show up, yes it would be the kind of series that works fine with the original Mobile Suit Gundam. The Argevollen, much like the Gundam, is unique in comparison to the Mechs/Zaku's that came before, it and the Argevollen itself could easily be explained as "More maneuvrable type of design than the Project Victory Gundam MS which was focused on creating something with overwhelming firepower."

I like finding series like that because when you look at a game like "Okay we can't just throw in X because if we did it compromises the plot of Y" then it lets you use more varied shows that might not always get a good look.

The other thing I like thinking of is an SRW that focuses more on the Macross's time out in space, planet hopping back to earth, with the Zone of the Enders events taking place. And Gunbuster involved to explain time changes.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I have decided that way more robots in SRW need rocket swords. I believe it's just Todoh's Zangetsu and then the Grungust 0 from OG, probably neither of which will be appearing in Z3-2. Rocket swords are the best swords.

TheBystander
Apr 28, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

I have decided that way more robots in SRW need rocket swords. I believe it's just Todoh's Zangetsu and then the Grungust 0 from OG, probably neither of which will be appearing in Z3-2. Rocket swords are the best swords.

This is true.

I didn't like the Grungust 0 when I first played OG1 on the GBA, but goddamn if it isn't incredible in OGS2.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Samurai Sanders posted:

If I remember correctly the main robot from Gyrozetter has a Rocket Sword, also I have my own idea for a Gundam The Origin centric SRW, I'll post it soon(can't right now since I'm posting from a phone)

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
Since the topic has come back around: G-Armor, yay or nay?

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
I mean the G-Armor was the most blatantly to sell toys thing in the show and it is rather silly but I guess if you want it, go for it?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
If the OO Riser is two shoulder pads basically, where does Saji sit in it?

Either way, that is not a sub-pilot position I want, since OO's block animation uses them to block.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

If the OO Riser is two shoulder pads basically, where does Saji sit in it?

It has a cockpit that hangs off the back.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

ImpAtom posted:

It has a cockpit that hangs off the back.

Oh, huh. That's what I get for only knowing what robots look like from their sprite in SRW.

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008
I liked the G-Armor in A Portable.

It turns the RX78-2 into a 2-seater, but unlike the Huckbein Gunner it isn't terrible.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Samurai Sanders posted:

Either way, that is not a sub-pilot position I want, since OO's block animation uses them to block.
Now imagine being the guys inside Dancouga and Dancouga Nova's arms when they fistbump.

"C'mon, fistbump! Do it!"
"guys we should really focus on the fight"
"I'm not moving these legs until you fistbump."

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007
Excuse me, do you know where Saiyans hang out?

Endorph posted:

Now imagine being the guys inside Dancouga and Dancouga Nova's arms when they fistbump.

"C'mon, fistbump! Do it!"
"guys we should really focus on the fight"
"I'm not moving these legs until you fistbump."

Actually, Dancouga's transformation is just getting a hat and new shoes. There's nobody in the arms. I would imagine Nova is the same, but I can't stand that series enough that I'm not going to look up a video to make sure.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Touga please stop shooting the girls at people for your attacks. Don't surf on them and crash them into people. Sandman will be sad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

Samurai Sanders posted:

Oh, huh. That's what I get for only knowing what robots look like from their sprite in SRW.

Also note that the cockpit is not in fact the red thing at the tip, Saji's sitting somewhere in the central body of it. To be fair I'm not exactly sure what the O Raiser actually does, it has missiles and stuff on it but Setsuna never uses it. It seems to stabilize...something to make the 00 more powerful but I dunno why that is, let's be honest it's most likely just a thing to sell gunplas

And yeah Dancougar Nova works the same as the regular, making me uncertain what exactly the point of it is since the central robot is most of the Dancougar and it's not like the head or feet are storing any particular weaponry. I'd get why you'd think someone's in the fists what with the rocket punch attack but no, the dude who's in charge of that is actually...in one of the feet. :iiam:

Combining robots are silly nowadays.

• Locked thread