Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Cricket
This poll is closed.
Blackface in crowd 129 55.36%
References to Lord of the Rings 104 44.64%
Total: 233 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Windies are so drat terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Windies are so drat terrible.

They've been on a downward slide for ages now. The warm-up matches were shambolic and this one looked to be just as horrific at the start. Something is happening in that team to cause what almost appears to be disillusionment. Gayle can't be arsed to bat, bowl, or field with any sort of energy while Holden just fumes every time the team fucks something up (which is often). The middle order seemed to give a poo poo today, but only while batting. Once they hit the field to defend, all the vigor seemed to drain once more. There was no chatter, no sledging, no effort, nothing.

I don't really know what they do from here. If they are going to play this way every time, why the gently caress even bother showing up? And it isn't even like they're trying to channel the swagger of the Windies teams of old through their nonchalance. They're just acting like they'd rather be anywhere else and depending on why it is happening there's only so much you can do about it. Maybe the weight of dealing with the horseshit WICB has finally broken their spirit.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
This is the third World Cup in a row where Ireland have beaten a test playing nation.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
West Indies are so bad now :negative:

This is good news for the top qualifiers in the other group though, doubt anyone wanted to risk coming up against Gayle on a good day.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Great win for Ireland, genuinely happy to see it regardless of how shithouse the Windies were

Noxin of Shame
Jul 25, 2005

:allears: Our Dan :allears:
:unsmith:est of all victories.

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

For Sound Financial Pranning!
This is pretty hilarious to watch: http://www.iplt20.com/playerauction

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

MaoistBanker posted:

This is pretty hilarious to watch: http://www.iplt20.com/playerauction
The stream keeps dying forcing me to manually restart it. :fuckoff:

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

A bargain for Kane Williamson.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Mister Chief posted:

A bargain for Kane Williamson.

Yeah holy poo poo.

Also lol at Hyderabad picking up Pieterson, Morgan and Bopara. Bad indeed.

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Cock, Rules, Everything, Around, Me
Scratchmo

Josh Lyman posted:

F5-F5-F5-F5-F5-Connected!

"-be taking a five minute break. We'll be ba-"

Disconnected!

:argh:

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

No Brendon McCullum.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
I cannot believe how stupid this schedule is. Why is there only one game per day?

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Josh Lyman posted:

I'm pretending I'm in India and it's not doing that to me anymore. Could just be a coincidence though.

e: nvm this was completely useless.

Airstream Driver fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Feb 16, 2015

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Trent Boult went for a lot of money for some reason.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Mister Chief posted:

No Brendon McCullum.

I'm rather surprised no-one grabbed Ronchi as a not-quite McCullum.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

I forgot. Some players are on multi-year contracts.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

zakharov posted:

I cannot believe how stupid this schedule is. Why is there only one game per day?

Not enough commentators to go around.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

Mister Chief posted:

No Brendon McCullum.

He's already contracted by Chennai, they are allowed to 'reserve' some players from the previous season.

edit: nvm you figured it out.

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
No one picked up Amla because racism.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

The auctioneer straight up talking poo poo about Mitchell Mcclenaghan.

nzspambot
Mar 26, 2010

zakharov posted:

needs lots of mrf tyre ads

ireland to win the world cup imo

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

zakharov posted:

It's bullshit, yeah. Comp doesn't need to go for six weeks.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

zakharov posted:

Advertising revenue.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream

Airstream Driver posted:

Yeah holy poo poo.

Also lol at Hyderabad picking up Pieterson, Morgan and Bopara. Bad indeed.

Imagine using one of your four foreign player slots in an XI for Bopara when you have Steyn, Boult, Warner and Williamson.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Brett824 posted:

Imagine using one of your four foreign player slots in an XI for Bopara when you have Steyn, Boult, Warner and Williamson.

Must have thought he was local.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Pvt. Public posted:

Gayle can't be arsed to bat, bowl, or field with any sort of energy

I joked about it during the T20s they recently played, but I really am starting to think he's lost it either physically or mentally. He just doesn't seem to be in the game for more than about half an hour any more.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

I suppose Ireland have now chased down 300+ scores against full member sides as many times as England ever have.

Bharatrocity
Oct 20, 2005

One day son, all I own will still belong to the state

Lionel Richie posted:

I suppose Ireland have now chased down 300+ scores against full member sides as many times as England ever have.

In world cups England has only chased down 300+ once (v. WI in 2007), while Ireland has done so three times (yesterday, and twice in 2011). Useless stat, but I like it.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib

zakharov posted:

I have to wait a freaking week before my team plays again. This is the one thing that has always pissed me off about the WC. The bloated schedule that makes a simple tournament run for a month.
I heard something about leaving out the minnows for the next world cup which is also stupid as having them there provides for some upsets and also promotes the games worldwide. Keep the minnows and just have teams play every second or third day.

Bharatrocity
Oct 20, 2005

One day son, all I own will still belong to the state

Should keep the WC going for a month and just add 20 teams imo

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Didn't the last world cup run for 8 weeks? I remember it seeming like it was on for a year.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
Started in the middle of February, ended a day into April

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
they can play two games in a day though, so why they haven't scheduled it for games past the first few days is dumb.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
Somehow FIFA manage to get a much bigger (in every sense) 32 team tournament done in 32 days, where the winners always come from a small handful of nations, why not just copy that? And just rig it to always have an India vs Pakistan match to keep the Bcci happy.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
Some days including weekends will have 2 games but yeah there really should be 2 every day, especially the games involving the minnows.

e:

Ten years ago today the first T20 International was played:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewK5gJ4wEIw

Wandle Cax fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Feb 16, 2015

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Spedman posted:

Somehow FIFA manage to get a much bigger (in every sense) 32 team tournament done in 32 days, where the winners always come from a small handful of nations, why not just copy that? And just rig it to always have an India vs Pakistan match to keep the Bcci happy.

It is a bit easier to schedule four hours a day in a way that keeps the advertisers and broadcasters happy than it is ~14. Because it's them who'll be mandating the timetable, not the ICC.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Starting soon: Scotland vs New Zealand in the Battle of Funny Accents

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

We speak the Queen's English thank you very much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib

Mister Chief posted:

We speak the Queen's English thank you very much.

I can't tell which country you are referring but in either case you are wrong.