Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Julio Cruz posted:

You're only going to end up with that seagull gif again.

Might as well accede to inevitability.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot
Once Syv hits the hard cap of 25 in a stat, then we can start talking about who should get the next tome.

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

Is there a rough count of tomes in IWD and the BGs to get a good idea of if that will ever happen with any of his stats?

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Armadillo Tank posted:

Is there a rough count of tomes in IWD and the BGs to get a good idea of if that will ever happen with any of his stats?

In Vanilla, 1 tome of each in BG1 (three Wisdom) plus a machine in ToB to give a further +1 to each stat. You can also gain some in the endgame of BG2, and will lose one in the dream sequence.

gently caress knows how many there are in this mess of a mod, though.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

All tomes Syv yadda yadda yadda

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
And Imoen edges out Shar-Teel in the Roll of the Dead at eleven deaths, courtesy of two separate Demon Spectres.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Poor Imoen, no wonder she becomes so tortured and depressed inside. :(

Siegkrow posted:

All tomes Syv yadda yadda yadda

And, of course, etc.

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

Party Membership is a Democracy, The Weave is Not.

A fledgling vampire? How about a dragon, or some half-kobold druids? Perhaps a spontaneous sex change? Anything that can happen, will happen the results will be beyond entertaining.

Guys, something has been troubling me. I have a regret about this Let's Play. Its stayed on my mind for a while. I regret going against the semi-ironman rule by playing the ending to BG1 multiple times and then voting on which one we should consider to be canon. Especially because the first Ultimate Betrayal ending was so poignant and awesome from a storytelling perspective. Kajeesus really summed it up best, I think.

Kajeesus posted:

The implications of that ending are amazing. Syvishtar basically acknowledged that they're just cannon fodder to him, left them all in a pocket dimension to chew on it, and then confronted Sarevok by saying he'd be a much better Lord of Murder.

They all feared it was coming. Firebead had told them to stay their hand, and they had listened. The man knew Gorion better than anyone, and still had faith that Syvishtar had been brought up right. Minsc was the first to see it, and Bjornin and Firebead were last. There was no convincing Xan or Imoen. Finch never saw it. Kagain saw only profit in staying in Syvishtar's good graces, and Kivan said that any Lord of Murder who laid the ground floor with Tazok was alright with him. Jaheira refused to betray Gorion's ward, and Gavin ended up getting cold feet at the eleventh hour. There were others who refused, but whether it was from loyalty or cowardice is hard to say.

They had all agreed to come slay the Bhaalspawn who had been embracing his father's essence and was threatening the entire Sword Coast, if not more, with death and destruction. Syvishtar is throwing fireballs at his allies again, more callously than ever before. He is facing his only known equal in the world, and there may never be another opportunity to do this. Whatever good there was in Syvishtar just wasn't enough to overcome his nature.

The Lord of Murder shall perish, but in his doom he shall spawn a score of mortal progeny. Chaos will be sewn from their passage. So sayeth the wise Alaundo.

Killing Sarevok via bunnies was fun to see, but it is not nearly as weighty as being betrayed in my confrontation with Sarevok by most of my supposed allies, especially since we are going to be seeing a ton of those characters again in NPC, mod-added NPC, and bystander capacities.

What do you guys think about that?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Vorgen posted:

Killing Sarevok via bunnies was fun to see, but it is not nearly as weighty as being betrayed in my confrontation with Sarevok by most of my supposed allies, especially since we are going to be seeing a ton of those characters again in NPC, mod-added NPC, and bystander capacities.

What do you guys think about that?

I prefer the current way to go. With how bad and insane a lot of mod-added content in BG2 is (and one of the NPCs is my doing), I think keeping it reasonably light-hearted when you can is the better route. The game goes dark enough places (and mods sure can) without needing to overload it.

Also, I think zany Syv is much more enjoyable to read than angsty Syv.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

I agree. We chose the comedy option for a reason, and that reason is that this is all insane already so we might as well enjoy the ride.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Somewhere in this long, rambling journey (that now has us all dragged into the past fighting yetis - weave knows how or why) Syv started becoming less of a wild mage, whose only care was for the weave and it's pull, and got all embroiled in earthly concerns and finding out about his true heritage. It affected him deeply. The bunny death was his return to his true source power, though. His realization that all these petty Gods, of which he was blood relation to, hold no power compared to the will of the weave. If he denies that, he might as well change his class to fighter.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
Bunnies. And of course, all tomes to Syv.

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe
The continual angst was getting annoying, to be honest. If I wanted that much angst, over as long a period as this LP will be running, I'd go read teen poetry.

The deployment of bunnies was, as Linedance pointed out, a return to the Syvishtar of old, who rolls with the punches and what the weave gives them. The acceptance that yeah, they have evil divine murder-blood, but that doesn't change who they are inside.

A Wild Mage is very much someone who not only goes with the flow of events, but tosses boulders in the river ahead to make it more interesting. You can't fully plan for every eventuality when your magic may turn you into a murdersquirrel, or unleash a horde of bunnies, or cast disintegrate on your coin purse. You cast a spell and hope for the best. Bad things happen? Try to make the most of it. Make a mistake? Correct it. Recruit a Cow? Train it to be a Dirgesinger.

The story is going to be dark enough without Syv cracking under the pressure and writing teen elf poetry.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Maybe if you go with the multi-choice endings for SOA (or even this IWD portion?) you could decide on the options and have us vote FIRST and then play them all out but with the knowledge that we've already chosen one, come what may. That way its more true to the iron-man style of the LP.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Linedance posted:

The bunny death was his return to his true source power, though. His realization that all these petty Gods, of which he was blood relation to, hold no power compared to the will of the weave. If he denies that, he might as well change his class to fighter.

I defy anyone to say it better than this.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Willie Tomg posted:

I defy anyone to say it better than this.

They could probably improve the grammar.

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

A fledgling vampire? How about a dragon, or some half-kobold druids? Perhaps a spontaneous sex change? Anything that can happen, will happen the results will be beyond entertaining.

Hmm, okay, I guess I had forgotten the reasons why people chose the bunny ending. More Wild Mage and less elf angst should be the order of the day. I guess I was starting to take this LP too seriously, heh!

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Vorgen posted:

Hmm, okay, I guess I had forgotten the reasons why people chose the bunny ending. More Wild Mage and less elf angst should be the order of the day. I guess I was starting to take this LP too seriously, heh!

I wouldn't go that far. I liked the tone of what you were doing before the Ice Wind Dale, but if you can murder your enemies with exploding bunnies, do so.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

The multiple endings made for some great reading - generally anything that provokes "what-if" questions is good. I actually want to give them a re-read now.

Quift
May 11, 2012
It depends on what you want to achieve. The betrayal ending is a great character moment. It is the ending of a dark bildungsroman, and a great start to turn sylvashar into the future good of murder. It is also a great lead up to baldurs gate two and allows for a character torn between good and evil. Death being finally realised as neither.

The bunny ending is funnier.

So do you wish to be funny and easygoing or develop your writing chops?

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

Alternatively, go for both. Make him wild and crazy and fun, but make him be a little violent. Guy has been through a lot, he's probably starting to crack. And if some uppity mary sue comes along and tries stealing the spotlight, well let them! At least until all the loot is counted. Then take him out back and feed him exploding bunnies, or turn his blood into maple syrup, or drop a cow on him or whatever. I say compromise between the two.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
you could have syv see the endings via wild magic in a dream or some poo poo and then see the what if's and have him question who really is loyal, maybe he wonders off in the middle of the night while resting in iwd and ponders how to get back to his own time via wild magic he ends up seeing the possible futures outside of bunny and is like "well poo poo, who do i trust." and have that realization affect him.

i did like the betrayal ending though even if it killed off my favorites.

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008
Bunnies, Syv, etc.

I wonder how much of the IWD stuff will carry over. Do we get to keep any items? If so, will we still use a single one of those items by the end of the starting dungeon of BG2? Or the first floor of it, for that matter?

Pickled Tink posted:

The continual angst was getting annoying, to be honest. If I wanted that much angst, over as long a period as this LP will be running, I'd go read teen poetry.

Any teen that was writing angsty poetry when this thread started probably has grown out of it by now.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

BiggestOrangeTree posted:

Any teen that was writing angsty poetry when this thread started probably has grown out of it by now.

*raises hand* I wrote one of the mod NPCs Syv will be encountering when I was in high school, so apologies in advance for the angst and generally awful writing involved.

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

Vorgen posted:

Ending B: Unleashing the Wild Horde. Syvishtar ditched everyone and went in alone, trusting the Weave to watch his back. And the Weave did, with all its wild will it did. Syvishtar hadn't seen so much overt support since that duel in the depths of the ruined Ulcaster School so long ago. He overflowed with magical power, the Wild Will of the Weave refreshing his spells two times. He learned that he is a strong, independent mage that don't need no meatshields. He got back in touch with his wild side; he got his lagomorph groove back.

If this ending is chosen, Syvishtar will take a fundamentalist approach to wild magic, going back to the older days when he led the encounter with spells and listened closely for the will of the Weave. For the past few months he's been taking a support role, letting his companions shine. But it is the Will of the Weave to let him unleash furry, fiery bunny doom upon all that stand in his way, and so he will endeavor to do that as much as possible. He may even start to go solo on missions more often, to test his own magical mettle against the world without companions, and to better let his bunnies shine. And explode.

I think I haven't been keeping this in mind as much as I should have, then, in Icewind Dale. I should be casting more Random Spell I and II and III, and fewer planned strikes. My spellbook right now is loaded up with... with... normal spells! I think I've been shying away from random spells because I don't have my robe of immunity to magic anymore. But that's a wussy's reason.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Vorgen posted:

I think I haven't been keeping this in mind as much as I should have, then, in Icewind Dale. I should be casting more Random Spell I and II and III, and fewer planned strikes. My spellbook right now is loaded up with... with... normal spells! I think I've been shying away from random spells because I don't have my robe of immunity to magic anymore. But that's a wussy's reason.

The weave is punishing you for doing this. Why do you think those Demon Spectres couldn't be killed easily? The Weave would have helped you if you had let it!

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

22 Mirtul, 1281

So... abandoned temple maybe?

I'm sure we'll just be able to walk in and have a reasonable conversation and then...

Silence! Think you that the children of the Forgotten God are fools enough to be deceived by such lies twice in one day? Now you shall pay for your trespasses! Guards! Guards! The intruders have returned!

I fear that we are being played for fools here Syvishtar.

How so Hrothgar?

Syvishtar, you heard that cleric. He said they weren't going to be taken in by the same story twice.

It looks like we've gone and stepped in it again.

I try talking with the acolyte again, but he says nothing. Instead, a hulking form shows up.

The halberd he was carrying was masterwork.

All the others have masterwork halberds too. One of the chests holds a magical sling, which I find is called Giant Killer!

How convenient, since we are going up against giants right exactly now. I think I'll give it a try myself.

This whole place is actually pretty sad. There's dead verbeeg corpses and dead acolytes everywhere. I wish they would just stop attacking us... HEY!

Accalia gets flamestruck. Ouch! We still take them out, but that was just rude. I feel less bad about looting their Robes of Cold Resistance now.

Their library is full of books about the history of the north. Apparently this land used to be filled with gold elves. Humans advanced up the coast and dwarves lived below ground. The elves fought with each other all the time, doing magical disasters unto each other. Eventualy the human towns became cities and joined together as Netheril. Oh, so Netheril is from around here? Maybe I'll find some good loot! Eventually the elves left this area and mostly went to Evermeet. Eventually a huge desert advanced and destroyed the nation of Netheril. Then apparently orcs killed everybody. Well, mostly everybody, because we're still here.

There's also a history of how the drow came to be. I just glance at it. Drow are so over-dramatic even their history is unbearable.

Aww, man. Now I miss Finch and Viconia. I wonder if Viconia is alive during this time? Maybe she's queen-bitching-it-up in the Underdark somewhere?

After killing more acolytes, I find that one of them was wearing green moccasins!

I give them to Imoen.

We look silly when we rush down some trapped stairs to kill an acolyte and accidentally make Hrothgar fall asleep.

At the back of the temple, we predictably find a stairway leading down further.

I imagine we must take it. But first, we go outside and camp out more. We need more spells!

After we do, Dar addresses Hrothgar.

We do Dar. We both came to our respective towns by chance. I ended up in Easthaven when my adventuring days were coming to an end and Arundel, when he was placed as keeper of the great oak. Neither of us has deemed it necessary to move on.

I see the same protective light leap to his eye when Kuldahar is mentioned that I see in yours whenever you speak of Easthaven. I would love to feel that passionate about my home, but how can I when I do not have a home.

You will, Dar, trust the word of Hrothgar. Your struggles, I am sure, have not gone unnoticed. The gods watch over the faithful and their devotion is always rewarded.

Unfortunately the gods' rewards usually come at the end of one's life, not halfway through it. I have hopes of finding some peace and acceptance before my time is over. I long for the end of my lonely road, Hrothgar.

Look around you. You are no longer on a lonely road, my friend. You are among people who have not given a second though to your heritage. They see past the outer packaging to what is inside.

Then if I do not find a home, I can at least say I have found friends. To have lived and realized half a dream is better tan dying having achieved nothing.

You have achieved plenty, Dar. You have become accepted as an equal in this group, and you did not once let the cruel abuse that you have suffered at the hands of others destroy that which is human in you. Your road can only get easier from now on, my friend.

Somehow I believe you are right, Hrothgar. You have given me renewed hope, and my heart is lighter for your words. Thank you, my friend.

With that touching interlude out of the way, we go down to level 2 of this stubborn temple.

You know, I really like the decor of this place. The subtle blues and sandstone really complement each other.

In one of the treasure chests down here, we find a flail called Tombsweeper.

An excellent weapon for Dar! I give it to him.

Then we stumble down the wrong hallway, as evidenced by the huge amount of forces arrayed against us!

In a panic, I throw a Glyph of Wild Magic at them and call a general retreat.

Accalia is Flamestruck to death, but the acolytes are not doing so hot either.

We are able to team up on the only verbeeg that is not afraid of the wild magic.

Then I cast random magic at the group.

Haha! Another falling cow! It has been tooo long.

Ok, my job here is done. I'll let the normals clean up.

Looks like they were trying to protect a door and a coffin.

You know, I really have no desire to kill these people. Why do they insist on fighting the inevitable? OOoh, lava chasm!

Did they just want to keep this kickin' rad view to themselves?

When I cross the bridge, I see a tragedy.

I really feel terrible about rubbing salt in this organization's wounds. As we advance into the room, Hrothgar speaks.

Are you sure Arundel is playing with a full set Hrothgar? Could he not be getting senile? He seemed pretty old to me.

(*Smiles*) What strange terminology you use, Imoen. "Play with a full set"?! I can assure you Imoen, Arundel has never played with anything less than "a full set" and his mind is as astute as any of ours here.

A strange vial of some kind of liquid is lying down beside the body of the main guy.

And, of course, nothing else of value is here.

As we leave, I glance at the statue near the front of the temple.

With nothing left to do, we just head back to Kuldahar. I guess?

We report our failure to Arundel.

Ah, this is terrible news. Did you find any clues as to who these mysterious thieves may be, or where they might have taken the Gem?

I found the body of a Talonite priest among the corpses of the slain cultusts and their verbeeg guards. He was carrying this vial of strange liquid.

Hmmm. The liquid appears to be a form of undiluted snake venom. No doubt this priest of Talona was carrying it for use as a poison. You did well in bringing this to me. This may be just the clue we neded.

What do you mean?

You see, once extracted, venom such as this tends to lose its potency rather quickly... usually over the course of a few days. So, it follows that this Talonite must have obtained the poison from somewhere within these mountains. There is only one place where poisonous reptiles could thrive in these cold, wind-swept mountains.

And that place is?

Dragon's Eye. It is a vast network of caverns that lead deep into the bowels of a dormant volcano. The entrance is barely a day's journey from here. I suggest you continue the search for the missing Heartstone Gem there. I shall mark the location for you on your map.

Very well. To Dragon's Eye, then.

Take care. The caverns of Dragon's Eye are fraught with many perils. Tread lightly, and be wary of the creatures that dwell within its depths.

Thank you. Farewell.

And without further ado, we head off.

Gameplay note: We are subjected to another chapter-end scroll. This one has lots of drums.

Vorgen fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Feb 21, 2015

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Nice~

Choronzons son
Mar 1, 2011
Hey, don't steal Hopping Flailing Rubber Man's cow!

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

24 Mirtul, 1281

Our long trek to the Dragon's Eye makes us complacent, because as soon as we get near it we are ambushed by snow trolls! They kill Imoen before any of us can do anything.

Shar-Teel, with her Fire Shield and single Fireball, becomes the heroine of the day!

Then, after resurrecting Imoen and camping out for the night to make sure we are ready to take on everything here, we buff up and then quite literally enter into the eye of the dragon.

The place is full of lizard men! We begin our now-familiar dance of death.

Some of the lizard men look different from the others. More green. I don't know if it is because of the color or what, but the green one kills Shar-Teel.

I see if the Weave wants to help, and it does, but just not us.

But since Imoen has summons running, we just keep on truckin'.

As we go deeper into the caves, we hear what must be the conversations of prisoners. The missing villagers!

After Imoen's summons disappear and we find 5 lizard men coming after us, I decide to test the Weave once again with a Glyph of Wild Magic. Terrible, terrible vengeance is visited upon the lizard men.

And then Dar raises his hand in prayer.

An impressive fight, but it is all over quickly.

With that, I consider our main power spent. I hope those villagers can survive for about 16 hours because we have to go out and camp. On our way out we loot everything. These guys aren't very well equipped, because they only have masterwork quarterstaves or halberds, and hardly any treasure at all.

One of the chests looks like it has good loot in it, though.

I can't identify the girdle. We're going to have to wait for me to rest up. So we do. We resurrect Shar-Teel, and identify the belt. It is not, as I worried, a belt of gender bending. Instead it is a Belt of Inertial Barrier!

Since Hrothgar is usually the first on the scene, I give it to him.

In those chests were also 13 antidotes and 20 Potions of Frost Giant Strength. The antidotes go to everyone, but only Hrothgar, Shar-Teel, and Dar can use the strength potions, so I divide them equally between those 3.

I also run across the Manual of Gainful Exercise, which reminds me that I have it. I decide to read it while we rest further.

Man! I feel like I can carry the world!

Gameplay note: I can carry 200 pounds now. Since I don't have any extreme strength, my muscles are impressive but nowhere near, say, Minsc's.

For this new day, we explore a new direction. But the caves are still, unsurprisingly, filled with lizard men.

High on their new potions, my front line makes hamburger out of the four lizard men they array against. This is horrific and awesome at the same time.

We wander into a corner of the cave filled with giant spiders and giant beetles. The beetles blow something at us.

There was a lot of poison involved here, but when the smoke clears we are all still alive, and Shar-Teel seems to have gained an important insight about swords.

We fight some more spiders and beetles, and eventually we find the elusive Smite Good Spiders?!

Gameplay note: I think something is messed up with my spell effects, because several spiders threw Web spells at me that created these spell effects. Its amazingly beautiful, but it isn't web.

At the back of the spider caves we find a dead adventurer, complete with equipment and journal.

We pick up his journal and read it.

COUSIN XAN?!? HE DID KNOW XAN!! This is the elf from the Easthaven inn. And... and now he's dead. Well, crap. Now I'm starting to get a better appreciation for Xan's outlook on life. I wonder how many cousins he's lost?

He also left his broad sword behind.

Hrothgar looks over the body and shakes his head.

Who knows? He may have left during the night, before we set out. After all, he knew these hills well.

(*Reading Everain's journal*) I wonder... do all Evereskan elven folk feel the same way about the world?

I don't know about all that, as I have not met many Evereskan elves on my journeys. But Erevain did seem to be the pessimistic type.

Pretty good magic user though and an ok fellow... if you didn't listen to him too closely, that was.

Xan had his uses. Magic users were in short supply back then... or at least any that were willing to join our inexperienced little group. But that was then, and this is now. We can do no more here. Let us move on before we share this fool's fate.

When we are done here, and the gods permit it, we should try and find his people... return his journal to them. That is all that we can do for him. At least, that way, any family he has will not be left wondering his fate.

(*Scoffs*) Bloody foolish elf you mean! The arrogance of elves, the males especially... well, this one certainly got what he deserved!

Please, I believe a little respect is called for here Shar-Teel. Erevain had the courage and determination to try to help the people of Kuldahar, even though he must have known his efforts were doomed to failure. But he at least tried! Now surely, even you can respect bravery and courage in a man?

Bravery and courage I can certainly respect, but stupidity... never!

I take Erevain's broadsword in my own hand. I like swords, and this is pretty much the only connection I have to my own people... and Xan. You know, sometimes I wonder if I'm even a real elf. I don't know what being an elf means. I've been so focused on this Child of Bhaal nonsense about my father that I haven't even given much thought to my mother at all. But she must have been an elf, yes?

Next, we head north, right into the belly of the beast, so to speak. Right into the court of the Lizardman King, Lissspen!

We take some for Yxunomei. Others taken for food.

Who is she? Is she your queen?

Yxunomei not our queen. She queen of the sssnakesss. Lizard King do Yxunomei'sss tasksss to get food for hisss people. Village providesss usss much food.

The village? You're eating the villagers?!

Lizard people ssstarving. Lizard King mussst make thingsss right and ssseve Yxunomei to help hisss people. You interfere. Cannot allow thisss.

And with that, he attacks.

I guess its going to have to be a Glyph of Wild Magic to the face then!

The Lizard King is grabbed by the Weave, slowed and rooted to the spot. Excellent! I start throwing high-level magic at him.

My companions take out all of the other lizard men while I try to exert mental control over this summoned Greater Air Elemental.

By the time the craziness clears, the Lizard King is injured, his retainers are at half strength, and none of them are looking our way.

I suggest a coordinated strike.

It's... uh... semi-coordinated.

Does Dar really have to walk right up to his enemies before smiting them like that?

At any rate, melee cleanup is a breeze.

There's a big giant snake statue that holds great promise of treasure!

Its got some gold, gems, a magical crossbow that I again cannot identify, and 100 acid bolts for the crossbow. Awesome.

Then we find the captive villagers and free them!

drat straight, big guy!

Just south of the captured villagers, we find another group of 5 Lizard Men. Dar charges them along with Hrothgar and Shar-Teel. Everything seems to slow down in my mind, every detail recorded perfectly. I do not understand why right away, but I do after a moment.

Dar begins casting his signature lightning calling spell. Shar-Teel and Hrothgar flank him on either side. The lizard men walk up slowly, as Dar continues chanting. This is all normal, I've seen it happen dozens of times.

I briefly think that Dar probably damages all those around him when the lightning strikes, but that it'll probably be okay. Hrothgar and Shar-Teel can take it. But then...

Then the lightning comes down. And after the brightness fades, Shar-Teel is no more.

Gameplay note: Shar-Teel has been completely, utterly obliterated by friendly fire. This is the first time we've ever seen this happen in this Let's Play, because this feature was turned off by a mod for Baldur's Gate I. But, well, its on again. And I refuse to reload. Shar-Teel is gone.

So... uh... we all look around at each other awkwardly. This is... this must be the direct hand of Ilmater. Yes? Dar? Accalia? You guys are priests...?

Dar just looks at the ground where Shar-Teel must have been, and says nothing. Accalia shrugs her shoulders and lets out some kind of platitude about it being Shar-Teel's time. Imoen and I look at each other, half in disbelief and half in relief.

You gotta admit. That bitch was unbearable.

I give her ring to Dar. I take her Composite Long Bow for myself. And I stuff the rest of her equipment in my bag of holding. Rest in peace, you insufferable cow.

We can't dwell on this too long, because there are more villagers to save.

And more experiences to ... accumulate.

(*Screwing up her nose*) Ugg! What a horrible thought, those big lizards killing people to feed to slimy snake men!

Tempus protect us from the depravity of these creatures... using the innocent to feed themselves and as payment to some monstrous queen.

We have at least learnt who was responsible for the disappearance of so many people. I thank the gods that we were in time to save as many as we have. And I pray for the gods to take into their keeping the souls of those for whom we came too late. If we had waited another day, then... no, I don't even want to contemplate what we may have found within these caverns if we had not arrived when we did.

Then our next step should be to return to Kuldahar and see that all of the villagers have returned safely.

The villagers are important, but our main concern should be to track down the villain responsible for these atrocities... and with all speed.

Hey, they're already waiting for us... why give 'em more time, I say?

Prudence is always good counsel when preparing to confront the enemy, but any delay would not be prudent... it will only serve to benefit our enemy.

As I said, we need to move with all speed now, my friends.

Okay, okay, geez old man! Give a wizard time to rest, will you? My ex-lover just died!

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

RIP Electric shart eel.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
:stonk:Uhhhh...:stonk: That's certainly a thing that's happened. :stonk:

Holy poo poo, how much damage does Dar's lightning do? Has he just managed to blow Shar-teel from 100% to >-10% HP in one strike?

Tzarnal
Dec 26, 2011

Going to be honest. Not going to miss the grace and little of elegance. Not even a little.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
Well, she's left you twice now, but this time, you ended it.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
I suppose it's time for one of these...

Roll of the Dead

Accalia
Deaths: 2
Slain by trap in Icewind Dale (BG2)
Slain by Acolyte in Icewind Dale (BG2)

Ajantis
Deaths: 3
Slain by Ankheg in Ankheg Lair
Slain by Ankheg in Ankheg Lair (second visit)
Slain by Kobold Captain in Trade Way South

Alora
Deaths: 1
Slain by Oversight War Wizard in Oversight Headquarters

Black Bear
Slain by Section 1 Elite in Section 1 Headquarters

Bjornin
Slain by Elka in Valley of the Tombs
Slain by Minsc in Candlekeep

Branwen
Deaths: 6
Slain by Ogre Berserker at Bear River
Slain by Bandit in Reddy Forest
Slain by Skeleton Warrior in Bone Hill
Slain by Syvishtara in Thief's Den
Slain by unknown in Durlag's Tower

Bruenor
Slain by Jarlaxle in Dragon Caves

Bub Snikt
Slain by Baby Wyvern in Cloakwood Forest

Catti-Brie
Slain by Tanari in Dragon Caves

Conchobhair Strongblade
Slain by Skeleton Lord in Castle Daerthmac

Coran
Slain by Ogre Berserker at Cloakwood Mines
Slain by Brown Bear in Gullykin

CuChoinneach
Slain by Skeleton Warrior in Castle Daerthmac
Permanently dead. Soul stolen by baatezu during raid on Fugue Plane for use as currency in the Nine Hells.

Dar
Slain by Tundra Yeti in Icewind Dale (BG2)

Drizzt
Slain by Kangaxx in Dragon Caves (BG1)

Dynaheir
Slain by Edwin at Dryad Falls
Slain by unknown enemy east of Beregost
Slain by Alai in Iron Throne Headquarters

Eldoth
Slain by Bandit in Coast Way
Permanently dead. Soul claimed by Loviatar.

Edwin
Deaths: 5
Slain by Gnoll Slasher in Gnoll Stronghold
Slain by Ogre in Cloudpeak Mountains
Slain by Amazon in Valley of the Tombs
Slain by Teldorn at Dystra's Watch Tower
Slain by Xan Somewhere Far to the North

Fabio
Deaths: 4
Slain by Orc in Bald Hill
Slain by Bandit in Reddy Forest
Slain by Gas Spore beneath Restenford
Slain by Lizardman at Lizard Lake

Faldorn
Slain by Black Talon Elite in Cloakwood Mines

Finch
Deaths: 8
Slain by Ankheg in Ankheg Lair
Slain by Ankheg in Ankheg Lair (second visit)
Slain by Ankheg in Wyrm's Crossing
Slain by Rhialto the Marvelous at Candlekeep
Slain by Minsc in Nashkel Mines
Slain by Stole Golem in Dystra's Watch Tower
Slain by Invisible Stalker in Durlag's Keep
Slain by Dire Bear (summoned) in the Undercity

Firebead Elvenhair
Slain by Anton Valor in Ulcaster Depths

Imoen
Deaths: 12
Slain by Kysus at Cloakwood Mines
Slain by Syvishtar in Section 1 Headquarters
Slain by Ashirukuru in Durlag's Keep
Slain by Syvishtar in Candlekeep
Slain by Orc Archer in Icewind Dale (BG2)
Slain by Skeleton Archer in Icewind Dale (BG2)
Slain by Skeleton Warrior in Icewind Dale (BG2)
Slain by Demon Spectre in Icewind Dale (BG2)
Slain by Demon Spectre again in Icewind Dale (BG2)
Slain by Snow Troll in Icewind Dale (BG2)

Hrothgar
Slain by Crimson Death in Icewind Dale (BG2)

Indira
Slain by Vallius at Friendly Arm Inn
Slain by High Sorceress Linda in Friendly Arm Inn
Slain by Oversight War Wizard in Oversight Headquarters

Jaheira
Slain by Ogre in Beregost
Slain by Astral Phase Spider at Temple of the Morning Song

Jet'laya
Slain by Oversight Elite in Oversight Headquarters

Kagain
Slain by Wild Dog in Gnoll Stronghold
Slain by Giant Spider in Peldvale
Slain by Natasha in Cloakwood Mines

Khalid
Slain by Giant Spider in Larswood
Slain by Cornugon (summoned by Syvishtar) in Iron Throne Headquarters

Kivan
Slain by Mist Horror in Ulcaster Ruins
Slain by Shoal in Shipwreck Coast
Slain by Pheonix Guard in Nashkel
Slain by Stone Golem in Dystra's Watch Tower

Minsc
Slain by Black Talon Elite at Cloakwood Mines
Slain by Wind Horror at Friendly Arm Inn

Montaron
Slain by Hobgoblin Archer in Lion's Way
Permanently dead. Soul claimed by Cyric.

Mur'Neth
Slain by Orc in Valley of the Tombs
Slain by Bandit north of Nashkel
Slain by Greater Ghoul in Durlag's Keep
Slain by Grael in Durlag's Keep
Slain by Demon Knight in Durlag's Keep

Regis
Slain by Frost Giant in Frost Giant Hills
Slain by Frost Giant in Frost Giant Hills
Slain by Kangaxx in Dragon Caves (BG1)
Slain by Cyclops in Storm March Mountains
Slain by Dragon Golem Scull in Dragon Caves

Shar-Teel
Deaths: 12
Slain by Dire Wolf in Red Canyons
Slain by Zargal (named hobgoblin) in Red Canyons
Slain by Bassilus in Red Canyons
Slain by Syvishtara in Cloakwood Forest
Slain by Orc Mage in the BG1 Underdark
Slain by Syvishtar in Icewind Dale (BG2)
Slain by Rakshasa in Icewind Dale (BG2)
Slain by trap in Icewind Dale (BG2)
Slain by Dar in Icewind Dale (BG2)
Permanently dead. Soul claimed by Garagos.

Sir BillyBob
Slain by Syvishtar in Restenford
Permanently dead. Soul impaled and put on display at the City of Judgment as a warning to future self-inserts.

Skeezer Lumpkin VI
Slain by Natasha in Cloakwood Mines

Squirrel
Slain by Gauth in Dystra's Watch Tower

Thorfinn Hauskluniff
Slain by Tranzig in Beregost

Tiax
Slain by Bandit Archer south of Beregost
Slain by Syvishtara in Bandit Camp

Viconia
Slain by Sir Jones in Oversight Headquarters

Will Scarlet
Slain by Ogre in Beregost
Slain by trap in Durlag's Tower

Xan
Slain by Orc in Valley of the Tombs
Slain by Molkar at Song of the Morning Temple
Slain by Stone Golem in Dystra's Watch Tower

Xavia

Xzar
Slain by Bandit south of Beregost
Slain by Kobold Chieftain in Nashkel Mines
Slain by Bandit north of Nashkel
Slain by Teldorn Archer in Dystra's Watch Tower
Slain by Tam beneath Candlekeep

Yeslick
Slain by Cornugon/Wind Horror/Undead Soldier at Friendly Arm Inn
Slain by Syvishtar in Nashkel Mines (revisited)

Total Death Toll: 123

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
Shart-eel gibbed? By a companion? A male companion?
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Rest in pieces, you loathesome old trout!

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008
Shar-Teel died as she lived - full of strength and grace, if little of pleasantness.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Let's remember her last words.

Vorgen posted:

(*Scoffs*) Bloody foolish elf you mean! The arrogance of elves, the males especially... well, this one certainly got what he deserved!

Please, I believe a little respect is called for here Shar-Teel. Erevain had the courage and determination to try to help the people of Kuldahar, even though he must have known his efforts were doomed to failure. But he at least tried! Now surely, even you can respect bravery and courage in a man?

Bravery and courage I can certainly respect, but stupidity... never!

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

:toot: Finally, we never have to deal with her again!

Wait... what if the modder put her into BG2 proper as well? :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Shar-Teel! Holy poo poo i was not expecting that. :stare:

That's life in the realms for you.

• Locked thread