Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
ess)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJBYsv3sGAI

thanks for reading the thread!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

:gas:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

mods?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
When does this come out and is it any good?

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005
Oh boy early access. I like how people pay to be beta testers now.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
What sets game this apart from other games where I can construct things in a medieval setting?

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
it's based on the successful Space Engineers game and engine and it is early access because it is not feature complete but they would like people to play their game while being aware that it is not 100% finished [unlike Evolve]. thank you.

Viral Warfare
Aug 4, 2010

~~a n d I a m c a l m~~
Isn't the Space Engineers game not even done yet

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Geight posted:

What sets game this apart from other games where I can construct things in a medieval setting?

did u watch the video where it has complete physical destruction and damage modeling with structural integrity, physical catapults/trebuchets like Besieged or whatever,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpS5XGjb3jg

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
But does it have zombies and skeletons with a garbage combat system? Please answer my question when you have a moment. TIA

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Obese FYAD Reject posted:

But does it have zombies and skeletons with a garbage combat system? Please answer my question when you have a moment. TIA

it doesn't. thank you for the question.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
how much is it

ill play it probably

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

i have been alerted to this being from another game, whoops

Doctor Goat fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Feb 16, 2015

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

THE PENETRATOR posted:

did u watch the video where it has complete physical destruction and damage modeling with structural integrity, physical catapults/trebuchets like Besieged or whatever,

I had not watched this, it looks pretty cool actually.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Eonwe posted:

how much is it

ill play it probably

20 bux but 15 if you own space engineers already
theres also a standard steam 4-pack (4 for price of 3)

>:)

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
there are other gifs floating around like the one where a car rolls up and deploys barriers to hold enemies in and burn them to death (not the nazi one) and they're cool, lots of cool stuff can be done in this engine already

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
doctor goat theyre not the same game lol.................. but besieged is good

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
will there be team battles and stuff sooner or later

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
I like the setting but it definitely seems a little barren. I hope they add lots of fun little decorative items like paintings and shields/crests and lights and shrubs. I want to cannon someone's garden.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Eonwe posted:

will there be team battles and stuff sooner or later

the idea i'm having with my friends is we're going to have a survival (resource gathering) server where it's co-op and then we're going to have a creative server where we blow up each others' castles with catapults and poo poo

space engineers has a faction system in it already that i'm sure is going to be in this

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Building and smashing castles with some buddies actually sounds like a pretty good time.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

THE PENETRATOR posted:

doctor goat theyre not the same game lol.................. but besieged is good

whoops i was thinking about another cool game. my apologies for not having a memory.

if i could have a feature in something like this, it'd be to save a chunk like Minecraft so you can save a bigass complex castle and see who can mess it up the worst and then reset it each time

Orv
May 4, 2011
They have a template save system they could carry over from SE if they wanted to. Hopefully it doesn't get shouted down by 'realism' idiots.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Orv posted:

They have a template save system they could carry over from SE if they wanted to. Hopefully it doesn't get shouted down by 'realism' idiots.

there are already blueprints in the steam workshop for this game that isn't even out yet >:)

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
example: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=390881808

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh poo poo it would actually be a ton of fun to recreate Helms Deep and other cool movie battle scenes and just go to town on them with catapults, I look forward to somebody else doing the construction work so I can focus on the smashing!

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Geight posted:

Oh poo poo it would actually be a ton of fun to recreate Helms Deep and other cool movie battle scenes and just go to town on them with catapults, I look forward to somebody else doing the construction work so I can focus on the smashing!

Yeah this pretty much doubles the game's value if you can save 'em.

And you could have challenge maps. :v: Hit the red tower without damaging the rest!

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien
Am I supposed to get this or Space Engineers

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Tujague posted:

Am I supposed to get this or Space Engineers

Space Engineers is cool for what it is, but I think you have to be really into creating complex tubes and wizzbang stuff to love it. Hopefully this game strikes the right balance between simplicity and awesome building/smashing capabilities.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

What do you do if a poo poo-head is trebucheting your place? Are you able to somehow run out and stop their poo poo, or perhaps make your own defenses and all?

In the preview vid, the guy just sort of fled his castle :(

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
build sets of surrounding walls staggering their heights + put catapults and poo poo on them and fire back >:)

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Could I also just run up and hit him with a hammer or would counter-catapults be the only option here?

It could be cool to set up two adjacent castles and just go nuts on each other, Worms-style.

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common
So...why would you build a castle for yourself; as in, just for one person (namely you)? Wouldn't it be more fun and faster to just be the guy that builds the catapult?

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

buzzsaw.gif posted:

So...why would you build a castle for yourself; as in, just for one person (namely you)? Wouldn't it be more fun and faster to just be the guy that builds the catapult?

You've never played with legos or what?

Dogo
Sep 24, 2007
The only thing this game needs to incentivize building is a flag. Once you put a flag down somewhere people are gonna build like gently caress around that flag.

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
OP I thought of another question: Are there swords and armor in this? Not to wear, just to spend hours and hours making near a forge. Realism is important to me

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
This game will feature a great deal of historical accuracy, such as having a lifespan 1/3 of its future clone.

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Viral Warfare posted:

Isn't the Space Engineers game not even done yet

yeh im fine with early access i think its a good idea but early accessing a new game whilst ur old one is early access is a bit much

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

I don't feel like this particular interior design software meets my home decorating needs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kukrunkarmaskin
Mar 28, 2005

you should see my TMNT® Machinegun

THE PENETRATOR posted:

Countdown until first 9/11 reenactment using this game. At 5:05 "look how these towers actually fall down and crumble".

• Locked thread