Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Skyrim has seen better days. A brutal civil war rages across the province, Thalmor agents skulk about in the dark, kidnapping and torturing those with the audacity to worship Talos, the One, the only mortal ever to ascend to godhood, according to his worshipers. Dark beasts, vile agents of darkness, stalk the night, waiting to prey on the weak, the unwary, and the infirm. There have even been rumors of dragons. Rumors that have gone without corroboration. Until now, that is.

A dragon with wings of black has razed the town of Helgen. Few survived, and rumors spin that this dragon is Alduin, the World-Eater, firstborn of Akatosh, devourer of souls, and harbinger of the end-times. How can the people of Skyrim, mere mortals, ever hope to defeat such a fell foe? If they are to do so, to stop the return of the dragons and prevent their world from being reduced to smoldering ashes, they must unite. However, whence can come this unity when brother fights brother and all suspect their neighbor of being a creature of darkness? Only the people of Skyrim can answer this question, and must do so quickly, as the beasts have claimed their first victim: a horsethief who happened to be in the wrong place, at the wrong time, the last of many such misfortunes.

Lokir of Rorikstead, Horsethief has been brutally murdered N0

People of Skyrim, unite! Keep your blades close at hand and take heart, for you are all that stand between Tamriel and certain doom.

Day 1 begins now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Not Voting (19): Abyssal Squid, AnonymousNarcotics, Asiina, AXE COP, Byers2142, CapitalistPig, Chic Trombone, EccoRaven, Epsilon Plus, fiery_valkyrie, Gabriel Pope, Gamerofthegame, Glockenapfel, Good Sir, Meinberg, Opopanax, Rarity, Sandwolf, ShadowGlass

With 19 alive, it's 10 votes to lynch. The current deadline is February 19th, 2015 at 8 p.m. EST -- that's in about 3 days, 3 hours.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Way to break tables MOD

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
home safely! I am going to :awesome: :goonsay: for a bit so that I can tell you all...

My Five Favorite Mods (aside from the bug fixes, patches, and purely aesthetic graphics mods):

1) Frostfall (OBVIOUSLY)
2) Climates of Tamriel, especially the settings regarding nighttime. as someone who was raised in the rural south, when you're far from civilization and it's nighttime, it is REALLY DARK YO. Climates not only brings out the beautiful sky and weather, but it also makes nighttime actually NIGHT and it's REALLY NICE.
3) Realistic Needs and Diseases. It enhances food and cooking without getting too crazy (one mod actually keeps track of your calories, which is insane). it also makes you dizzy and trip a lot when you drink too much, which is perfect.
4) Better <Cities and Towns> series of mods. Fills up the world with more plants and animals, makes the places look like they actually have people living in them. I installed these after I beat Alduin and took my character into seclusion for a year (~ "set timescale to 50000"!) so it's like the world was rebuilding and stuff.
5) Meet Your Characters. I have like four characters I've made and I play them like they're all in the "same universe" - so while my Dovahkiin character hunts dragons, my Vigilant character did Dawnguard, and my Imperial Legionary got transported to Falskaar, etc. This mod lets you save and import your characters from one save to another. So your one character can party it up with your others and it's JUST FANTASTIC. (Can you tell I like roleplaying?)

Also best house mod is Skygge, a cute little hut in the skaal village :3:

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Exakt here you go geez.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

EXAKT Science posted:

Talos, the One, the only mortal ever to ascend to godhood

ehhh it's more that Tiber Septim mantled the divinity of Lorkhan but close enough.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Yall bitches gonna make me install skyrim again

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

EccoRaven posted:

home safely! I am going to :awesome: :goonsay: for a bit so that I can tell you all...

My Five Favorite Mods (aside from the bug fixes, patches, and purely aesthetic graphics mods):

1) Frostfall (OBVIOUSLY)
2) Climates of Tamriel, especially the settings regarding nighttime. as someone who was raised in the rural south, when you're far from civilization and it's nighttime, it is REALLY DARK YO. Climates not only brings out the beautiful sky and weather, but it also makes nighttime actually NIGHT and it's REALLY NICE.
3) Realistic Needs and Diseases. It enhances food and cooking without getting too crazy (one mod actually keeps track of your calories, which is insane). it also makes you dizzy and trip a lot when you drink too much, which is perfect.
4) Better <Cities and Towns> series of mods. Fills up the world with more plants and animals, makes the places look like they actually have people living in them. I installed these after I beat Alduin and took my character into seclusion for a year (~ "set timescale to 50000"!) so it's like the world was rebuilding and stuff.
5) Meet Your Characters. I have like four characters I've made and I play them like they're all in the "same universe" - so while my Dovahkiin character hunts dragons, my Vigilant character did Dawnguard, and my Imperial Legionary got transported to Falskaar, etc. This mod lets you save and import your characters from one save to another. So your one character can party it up with your others and it's JUST FANTASTIC. (Can you tell I like roleplaying?)

Also Im going to only use ecco mods and play it like ecco would

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Belatedly confirming. Wasn't expecting this to start so soon.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

CapitalistPig posted:

Also Im going to only use ecco mods and play it like ecco would

- no fast traveling (unless something gets stuck)
- wear context-appropriate outfits (no need to be all decked out in dragon armor when shopping)
- be kind to those who are kind to you but murder people who try to murder you
- my mods: http://pastebin.com/yQbz5Prx (again this crashes every few hours but in general it's stable enough, and a clean save probably would be perfectly fine)

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

EccoRaven posted:

- no fast traveling (unless something gets stuck)

nevermind, gently caress that

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

CapitalistPig posted:

The only mod worth installing is the one that makes mudcrabs have tophats and monocles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lr_P0nOcmTQ

Um excuse me but no

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bifmj1O3D24

Also confirming

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Ok I concede that this is loving awesome

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:3: the silly mods are fun, though the only one I leave on is the one with the space core, because it is my favorite portal 2 character.

OK TIME TO PLAY MAFIA

##vote meinberg lurking

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

EccoRaven posted:

:3: the silly mods are fun, though the only one I leave on is the one with the space core, because it is my favorite portal 2 character.

OK TIME TO PLAY MAFIA

##vote meinberg lurking

##vote Ecco

trying to end joke/skyrimchatphase

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

EccoRaven posted:

1) Frostfall (OBVIOUSLY)

Yeah I played a game using the first three of these as a crazy hobo who lived in the woods and shot deer/bears/passersby it was fun

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

AXE COP posted:

Yeah I played a game using the first three of these as a crazy hobo who lived in the woods and shot deer/bears/passersby it was fun

hahaha one of my favorite characters is an old elf who lives exactly like that. I play him as having a "mysterious past" but all he does now is just fish and hunt deer and run away from trouble.

CapitalistPig posted:

trying to end joke/skyrimchatphase

please I had to stop myself from posting my favorite screencaps

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

EccoRaven posted:

Do it

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

EccoRaven posted:

I can't stop myself sorry not sorry!!

my dovahkiin:

she kills dragons:

this is what I mean about dark nights:

aaaand finally, "when mods collide":

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

EccoRaven posted:

(again this crashes every few hours but in general it's stable enough, and a clean save probably would be perfectly fine)

TES_mods.txt

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Ecco, have you... have you written fanfic about your characters? It feels like you're on that precipice, and that way lies ruin and tears.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Byers2142 posted:

Ecco, have you... have you written fanfic about your characters? It feels like you're on that precipice, and that way lies ruin and tears.

no! gosh no. but I really do have a deep affection for some of my characters, and I never talk about this because my friends are actually cool people not huge nerds, so it's really nice just to get this all out.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I haven't played Skyrim in years, who is Hadvar? Is he cool? Am I cool?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
##unvote ##vote rarity

straight up she just scumclaimed. she got a fakeclaim because she's a scumbo and she's trying to slip that fakeclaim "accidentally" to make it seem legitimate.

let's do this toot toot

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

EccoRaven posted:

##unvote ##vote rarity

straight up she just scumclaimed. she got a fakeclaim because she's a scumbo and she's trying to slip that fakeclaim "accidentally" to make it seem legitimate.

let's do this toot toot

I'm not cool? :(

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Rarity posted:

I'm not cool? :(

No, Hadvar is pretty cool. Also is likely to be a town role. Which Ecco's saying you claimed because it makes you look town.

Ecco, I'd expect Hadvar to be in the game. If there's a counter, I'll vote Rarity. Otherwise, it's not enough for a vote.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Byers2142 posted:

Ecco, I'd expect Hadvar to be in the game.

which is why it's a good mod-given fakeclaim?

this is not a very good defense byers!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
also fyi

EXAKT Science posted:

This will be a game [...with] a modified Fire and Ice setup.

there's two scumteams, so, just everyone keep that in mind. but that's why scum getting neutral town fakeclaims is even more likely.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

EccoRaven posted:

which is why it's a good mod-given fakeclaim?

this is not a very good defense byers!

Yeah, I'm not at my best right now. Still not feeling it, sorry!

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
##vote Rarity

HOW DARE YOU BE SCUM RARITY?!

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

I don't think "[x] would make a good fakeclaim !!!" is really a good platform to make a case on

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

My role says I'm Mirmulnir; is that a cool character?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Ecco I also love my Skyrim characters. I take a lot of time in making them, and they are each very different. I should play again one day and just do a "living the simple life" character, that seems fun.

Did you know that if you never go to Whiterun and talk to the Jarl, dragons will never spawn?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Frostfall actually looks cool Ecco, Im gonna install it now

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Byers2142 posted:

My role says I'm Mirmulnir; is that a cool character?

##vote Byers

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Asiina posted:

Did you know that if you never go to Whiterun and talk to the Jarl, dragons will never spawn?

I need my FUS to gently caress up place settings on tables. :colbert:

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I just realized I'm not going to understand anything going on in this game because I've never played Skyrim. Someone give me a tl;dr please?

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Asiina posted:

##vote Byers

Not a cool character? Is it my Fire Breath?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I just realized I'm not going to understand anything going on in this game because I've never played Skyrim. Someone give me a tl;dr please?

Dragons bad.

Imperials are invading jerks but the Stormcloaks are super racist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Which one of you is Paarthurnax? I will follow you forever.

• Locked thread