Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Byers2142 posted:

Not a cool character? Is it my Fire Breath?

You're the dragon that starts all the other dragons spawning. You are a plot advancing dragon. Congarts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Asiina posted:

Dragons bad.

Imperials are invading jerks but the Stormcloaks are super racist.

wait so who are the good guys?

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

Asiina posted:

You're the dragon that starts all the other dragons spawning. You are a plot advancing dragon. Congarts.

I'm the Alpha. Without me, there would be no Dovahkin.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

The random saps caught in the middle.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
The good people of Skyrim who just want to live their lives and maybe worship some Daedra now and then.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I really wish I'd played more Skyrim now. I did the first few parts of the main quest, explored a bunch of dungeons and ran around naked a bunch but it seems like there's so much awesome stuff I didn't see.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Asiina posted:

The good people of Skyrim who just want to live their lives and maybe worship some Daedra now and then.

That's what I said. Random saps.

AnonNarco, FYI, Daedra are kinda like demons and proto-gods.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I always went Imperial because banning religion or not, at least they don't make other races live literally underneath the "true" Nords.

Also Solitude was beautiful and Windhelm was a shithole.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Byers2142 posted:

That's what I said. Random saps.

AnonNarco, FYI, Daedra are kinda like demons and proto-gods.

Thanks. I made an educated guess based on context clues.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Chic Trombone posted:

I don't think "[x] would make a good fakeclaim !!!" is really a good platform to make a case on

well luckily it's more about behavior than hypothetical fakeclaim chat.

Asiina posted:

I should play again one day and just do a "living the simple life" character, that seems fun.

definitely need mods to make it truly work but it's loads of fun to read a book while your character fishes.

quote:

Did you know that if you never go to Whiterun and talk to the Jarl, dragons will never spawn?
liveanotherlife.esp

CapitalistPig posted:

Frostfall actually looks cool Ecco, Im gonna install it now

go for the most hardcore settings possible. don't be a coward!

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

the imperials and I won't hear otherwise.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Asiina posted:

I always went Imperial because banning religion or not, at least they don't make other races live literally underneath the "true" Nords.

I've never gotten all the way through the Civil War because I find them both to be pricks. Instead I roam the wilderness, ambushing Thalmor.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Asiina posted:

my dovahkiin was so undecided for so long because though she's imperial the legion did try to execute her. but then I walked into windhelm for the first time and was like "nope, these guys need to die."

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I mean I imagine in this game the two scum factions are Imperials and Stormcloaks, but seriously the Imperials kinda had a point.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
General Tullius did nothing wrong.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

EccoRaven posted:

the imperials and I won't hear otherwise.

Bullshit. They're the best of the bunch, but they still are working with the Thalmor. Sure, they're preparing to fight a war with them, but they're cooperating in the meantime. The good guys are the folks in Hammerfell. Never give up, never surrender.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Asiina posted:

I mean I imagine in this game the two scum factions are Imperials and Stormcloaks, but seriously the Imperials kinda had a point.

I would think that too, but if that's true then Rarity claiming hadvar (a member of the legion) means she literally scumclaimed, so it must be something else. maybe vigilants vs. vampires? brotherhood vs. thieves guild? idk.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Literally all I know about Skyrim is that the Stormcloaks are assholes

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

EccoRaven posted:

I would think that too, but if that's true then Rarity claiming hadvar (a member of the legion) means she literally scumclaimed, so it must be something else. maybe vigilants vs. vampires? brotherhood vs. thieves guild? idk.

Greybeards vs. Blades?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

EccoRaven posted:

Oh it could be the Companions and the Vampires, since being a werewolf and a vampire at the same time is impossible! It's one of the only mutually exclusive decisions you have to make in the whole game.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Asiina posted:

General Tullius did nothing wrong.

:golfclap:

Byers2142 posted:

Bullshit. They're the best of the bunch, but they still are working with the Thalmor. Sure, they're preparing to fight a war with them, but they're cooperating in the meantime.
sure, I mean the thalmor are literal fantasy nazis, but I subscribe to the viewpoint that the Empire of Talos is still alive and well despite the destruction of the amulet; as the spiritual successor to st. alessia's empire, it is the only thing standing in the way of the thalmor from destroying the world.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:goonsay:

I should stop posting for a while. bye!

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

EccoRaven posted:

go for the most hardcore settings possible. don't be a coward!

Of course! I love hardcore survive against the elements games so Ill love it.

Have you played Eternal Winter yet? Its pretty rad if you like that kind of game.

So Im done installing all the mods and am going to jump into the game soon, but first, I am going to let you guys decide what race I should be , whether I should be male or female, and what skills I should focus on.

GO!

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

CapitalistPig posted:

Of course! I love hardcore survive against the elements games so Ill love it.

Have you played Eternal Winter yet? Its pretty rad if you like that kind of game.

So Im done installing all the mods and am going to jump into the game soon, but first, I am going to let you guys decide what race I should be , whether I should be male or female, and what skills I should focus on.

GO!

Hand to hand male kitty. Sneaky cat.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Byers2142 posted:

Hand to hand male kitty. Sneaky cat.

Also, get the Khajit PC dialogue mod.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

I dont care enough about the dialogue to do this

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Man I thought you guys would jump at the chance to tell me what to do.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

CapitalistPig posted:

Man I thought you guys would jump at the chance to tell me what to do.

I did; you rejected my advice. :smith:

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Byers2142 posted:

I did; you rejected my advice. :smith:

No your race /class thing ill throw in the hat, Im just not getting the mod

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I like sneaky cat, but a sneaky cat archer.

The lizard people are cool too.

ShadowGlass
Nov 13, 2012

Good morning Northerners! Confirming I'm in this game.

ShadowGlass
Nov 13, 2012

I haven't played Skyrim in years. I played it at launch, mostly following quests until it got boring. I did very little of the "just wandering around randomly", which sounds like the correct way to play. Oh yeah, I also realized you can increase you weapon/armor smith skills by crafting junk forever and i couldn't resist the min/maxer in me. Found a place which sold the materials for the best armors/weapons in the game pretty early too (I think in the mage school? Not sure). Stopped playing not long after that.

ShadowGlass
Nov 13, 2012

CapitalistPig posted:

GO!

Be a female ork. Focus on heavy armor with whatever weapons you like.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Oh wow this is awkward, 19-player mafia goes fast :{} Also confirming!

Now to see what the hell has happened so far

Glockenapfel
Mar 9, 2013

Skyrim addict confirming. I had to stop playing because my game kept crashing. :[

Glockenapfel
Mar 9, 2013

Pig, archers are the most overpowered class. But the most fun too. You could be a dagger thief for more sneaky fun.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
pig you should be a breton illusionist; focus primarily on using non-offensive magic and see how long you can survive the wilds without having to set things on fire.

*goes back to typing flavor for another game*

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Oh all I really missed was modchat okay. I've never played Skyrim, can you spawn thousands of watermelons in it, watermelon exploits are pretty much the most important part of any game.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I don't think there are watermelons but you can fill a house with cheese wheels.

Glockenapfel
Mar 9, 2013

Asiina posted:

Incorrect. Windhelm has the most convenient layout and best NPCs for selling and acquiring goods. Also the house there has the best display and storage outside of the DLC houses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Glockenapfel posted:

Incorrect. Windhelm has the most convenient layout and best NPCs for selling and acquiring goods. Also the house there has the best display and storage outside of the DLC houses.

Uh the Windhelm house is some shack the jerk king gives you after a crazy murderer uses it for his murderings and they don't eve bother to wipe it down before they give you the keys.

gently caress Windhelm.

The nicest house is actually in Markarth but its a shame whoever coded Markarth and the quests in it was drunk at the time.

• Locked thread