Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Cricket
This poll is closed.
Blackface in crowd 129 55.36%
References to Lord of the Rings 104 44.64%
Total: 233 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Anderson's getting swing and bounce and bowling over 140kph :hehe:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Pretty easy stumping trap.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I thought I scheduled Al Hasan as my power player for a future match, and he's my power player for this match instead of Anderson. :negative:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Cruel by Vettori.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Holy poo poo, I might actually be able to watch a whole match instead of getting sleepy and going to bed when the second team bats. Thanks, Scotland!

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
For the uninitiated, this is a crummy score for even a 20 over match and should be crushed with the NZ batting lineup.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Guptil to get out for a royal.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Just tuned in.

Looks like I haven't missed much.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
You missed some lovely opening bowling. Absolutely beautiful line and movement.

Dsmif
Sep 4, 2014

I remember NZ bowling Bangladesh out for a total so small that McCullum knocked it off in a few overs almost by himself. The game finished so fast that they played a 20/20 afterwards to make it up to the crowd. And since I have McCullum as my power player I'm hoping for a repeat.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
4 golden ducks in one innings has to be a record of some sort, surely

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
That's why you always bowl first against a side you are a lot better than in odi. Its all well and good to score 500 for the lols but its a tournament and the less time a side is playing the better.

In a test bat first and score a million sure but odi just finish it as quickly as possible.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

Guptill is perfectly designed to murder associate sides.

edit: lol

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Guptill is perfectly designed to murder associate sides.

You jinxed him!

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Oh Spoonboy, write us a song etc

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Is this the kiwis best side or will there be some changes to the line up when they play Australia. Still fancy the kiwis to beat us over there but I reckon if we draw them in a later round game in Australia we will win.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Is this the kiwis best side or will there be some changes to the line up when they play Australia. Still fancy the kiwis to beat us over there but I reckon if we draw them in a later round game in Australia we will win.

I'd say it is...maybe replace Milne with Mills.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Oh, that's sad.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

Maybe Kyle Mills in for Milne? More experience and Mills isn't exactly pretty with the bat but he can give the ball a bit of a hump. How good at batsman is Milne?

e: beaten like England trying to chase 300

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

Milne's not bad with the bat.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Milne's not bad with the bat.

Shame about his bowling.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

145 kph pies.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
My power player picks continue to fail every time.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

Does anyone have any players they want me to curse by making them my captain?

subroc
Jun 5, 2004

Er how long until the NZ innings starts (I just woke up and missed the carnage)? They've just started the highlights again from the start.

Bharatrocity
Oct 20, 2005

One day son, all I own will still belong to the state

Does anyone have any players they want me to curse by making them my captain?

Warner please

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

subroc posted:

Er how long until the NZ innings starts (I just woke up and missed the carnage)? They've just started the highlights again from the start.

It's happening now, they're 52/2

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009

I think NZ only play one game in Australia, and that's the final

edit: they can play in Australia in the semi final if they're against Australia and Australia have finished higher in the group, and that'd be at the SCG

Centusin fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Feb 17, 2015

subroc
Jun 5, 2004

zakharov posted:

It's happening now, they're 52/2

Ah OK. I had the wrong channel on. Fox Sports Plus 2 instead of FOx Sports 2. Not confusing at all

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
don't worry, you've found it at the most exciting time!

Why couldn't they have taken this break at the innings changeover?

Dsmif
Sep 4, 2014

IceAgeComing posted:

don't worry, you've found it at the most exciting time!

Why couldn't they have taken this break at the innings changeover?

I assume it's for catering. Food wasn't ready for the Scottish collapse.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Preston Mommsen looks like an evil Brendon McCullum.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Dsmif posted:

I assume it's for catering. Food wasn't ready for the Scottish collapse.

It will be for the Tv scheduling. Need to have the breaks when planned for ad revenue purposes.

Dsmif
Sep 4, 2014

Varkk posted:

It will be for the Tv scheduling. Need to have the breaks when planned for ad revenue purposes.

That makes more sense.

Contra Duck
Nov 4, 2004

#1 DAD
I dunno about y'all but having one lovely game per day that ends 4 hours before I even get off work is just what I needed to get hyped about this world cup.

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen
That was poor from Ross, they're not really showing Scotland enough respect.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Anyone know what Ross Taylor and Brendon McCullum have averaged the past like, 5 games? I don't remember either of them making a mark, both of them are out for another sad score in this game too.

e: I guess McCullum did ok against SL?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

fong posted:

Anyone know what Ross Taylor and Brendon McCullum have averaged the past like, 5 games? I don't remember either of them making a mark, both of them are out for another sad score in this game too.

Err taylor got a century in the last official odi before the wc and 59 before that.

NIGARS
Sep 12, 2004

yeah nigars

Scylo posted:

I think NZ only play one game in Australia, and that's the final

edit: they can play in Australia in the semi final if they're against Australia and Australia have finished higher in the group, and that'd be at the SCG

What really? I have tickets to the NZ semifinal and I'm gonna be pissed off if they're playing in Australia instead. Would this require some really bizarre results to eventuate?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

fong posted:

Brendon averaged 39 in the SL series before the World Cup