Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Asiina posted:

I don't think there are watermelons but you can fill a house with cheese wheels.

Okay cheese is better than melons anyway, now I want some cheese :{

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
started installing windows 8.1 on my laptop before skyping with my friend. couldn't get my camera on my desktop working so I restarted it. accidentally started installing windows 8.1 on desktop too

I am gonna see who wins. lappy had a head start but compy is a beast.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
So far in the hat

Race:
Kitty
Lizard
Ork
Breton

Skill focus
Dagger Sneakthief
Archer Sneakthief
Heavy Armorfighter
Illusionist/Indirect

Ill make it after my D&D game so theres still a couple hours.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I usually roll with Argonians, and tend to lean either sneaky archer or battlemage (or both in this game since bound weapons own so hard and bound bow made me into more or less a god)

ShadowGlass
Nov 13, 2012

You should put the race and skill together or you might end up with a Catman heavy armor fighter or an Ork illusionist.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

ShadowGlass posted:

You should put the race and skill together or you might end up with a Catman heavy armor fighter or an Ork illusionist.

No way Im gonna randomize it because an orc illusionist would be awesome.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Yeah no matter what put some poo poo into enchanting because enchanting is great.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Asiina posted:

Yeah no matter what put some poo poo into enchanting because enchanting is great.

Oh yeah this reminds me , tradeskills too.

This throws enchanting into the hat, I dont remember seeing any other crafting entries

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Personally CPig I think your character should punch things

I dunno if that's actually a viable thing you can do but punching things is always an entertaining way to play imo

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
There's not much other than enchanting, smithing, and alchemy. Alchemy and smithing are good but can get very expensive and/or tedious if you're not devoted to it. Enchanting is more about having a steady supply of soul gems.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

If comics are to believed then it doesn't really matter what skills you start out with because you can max them out and level everything else? Or is that a playstyle thing like hoarding megalixers on the last boss because "what if I need them later in the fight."

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Chic Trombone posted:

Personally CPig I think your character should punch things

I dunno if that's actually a viable thing you can do but punching things is always an entertaining way to play imo

Oh yes , its viable

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhBiNx749Zw

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Oh yeah thats a little nsfw and the guy is a bit crude, fair warning

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Abyssal Squid posted:

If comics are to believed then it doesn't really matter what skills you start out with because you can max them out and level everything else? Or is that a playstyle thing like hoarding megalixers on the last boss because "what if I need them later in the fight."

Yeah it really, really depends. It is possible to max out on everything but you'd have to play for such an obscenely long time or be doing stuff that gets you experience all the time. I've basically done everything in the game and I've never come close to the level cap.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

EccoRaven posted:

:3: the silly mods are fun, though the only one I leave on is the one with the space core, because it is my favorite portal 2 character.

OK TIME TO PLAY MAFIA

##vote meinberg lurking

The word you're looking for is "napping." I'm awake now and still catching up.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
I'M COMING BOYS!!!!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

EccoRaven posted:

I am gonna see who wins. lappy had a head start but compy is a beast.

update compy wins! by a hair!! impressive.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Asiina posted:

Yeah it really, really depends. It is possible to max out on everything but you'd have to play for such an obscenely long time or be doing stuff that gets you experience all the time. I've basically done everything in the game and I've never come close to the level cap.

In my current run, I've prestiged my primary combat stats a couple times, and I've engaged in the economic feedback loop enough to prestige all of my trade skills multiple times.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
I'm moving the deadline up a day. You now have until Wednesday at 8 PM EST. :)

Also, Chili Replaces Gamerofthegame!

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Rarity (2): EccoRaven, CapitalistPig
Byers2142 (1): Asiina
EccoRaven (0): CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig
Meinberg (0): EccoRaven, EccoRaven

Not Voting (16): Abyssal Squid, AnonymousNarcotics, AXE COP, Byers2142, Chic Trombone, Chili, Epsilon Plus, fiery_valkyrie, Gabriel Pope, Glockenapfel, Good Sir, Meinberg, Opopanax, Rarity, Sandwolf, ShadowGlass

With 19 alive, it's 10 votes to lynch. The current deadline is February 18th, 2015 at 8 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 day, 21 hours.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Good Christ, I got town again. It’s literally been over 3 years since I’ve drawn scum.

Oh well.

Let’s do something productive before Better Call Saul airs.

Two people are pinging already:

Asiina is posting far too much Skyrim related bullshit, and it’s coming across as forced.

And then there’s Anonymous Narcotics

This post:

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

wait so who are the good guys?

is contrived and is probably coming from new/clever scum.

Also, I think ecco is town, and I’m pissed about it.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Hey Chili, it's been a while!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Oh hey, screw you!

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Wait so why's Asiina suspicious but not CapitalistPig?

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
He might be, but this is basically what I've come to expect from CPig.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Asiina posted:

Oh hey, screw you!

I know, right?

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

He's actually been pretty good recently imo

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Chic Trombone posted:

Oh poo poo, really?

So CPIG is scum too, or something.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Chic Trombone posted:

And you. I think you're one of those players I've seen around for forever, but I don't think we ever actually played in a game together. If we did, it was a long rear end time ago.

Are you good? You seem like you're good. You have a sweet avatar, and a good name.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Its also still pretty early and you know how I like my joke/bullshit phase

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Chili posted:

And you. I think you're one of those players I've seen around for forever, but I don't think we ever actually played in a game together. If we did, it was a long rear end time ago.

Are you good? You seem like you're good. You have a sweet avatar, and a good name.

Yeah I think we played in one or two games together literal years ago.

Also I like to think I'm good but I've been rusty since coming off my hiatus a few games ago (Asiina will probably tell you about the game I lost in LYLO recently)

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

CapitalistPig posted:

Its also still pretty early and you know how I like my joke/bullshit phase

Alright, Sir Bacon. I shall see you in the arena.

Because, as we all know The Arena, from Oblivion was the only thing worth a drat throughout the entire Elder Scrolls series.

Chic Trombone posted:

Yeah I think we played in one or two games together literal years ago.

Also I like to think I'm good but I've been rusty since coming off my hiatus a few games ago (Asiina will probably tell you about the game I lost in LYLO recently)

Gotcha, makes sense. A lot has changed since then. I have a green cheek conure now, you probably wouldn't even recognize me if we ran into each other at a Cinnabon.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Chili posted:

Because, as we all know The Arena, from Oblivion was the only thing worth a drat throughout the entire Elder Scrolls series.

##vote Chili

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
##vote Meinberg

YOU. HAVE. EARNED IT!

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Chili posted:

##vote Meinberg

YOU. HAVE. EARNED IT!

OMGUS?

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
I call it justice.

You call it what you will.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

This is probably gonna bite me in the rear end but I feel like Chili's gotta be town because there's no way scum would act so dopey on day 1.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

EXAKT Science posted:

I'm moving the deadline up a day. You now have until Wednesday at 8 PM EST. :)

Also, Chili Replaces Gamerofthegame!

:coffeepal:

Don't sign up for games half-asleep.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Chili posted:

Good Christ, I got town again. It’s literally been over 3 years since I’ve drawn scum.

confirmed town imo let's all rally around this guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Abyssal Squid posted:

This is probably gonna bite me in the rear end but I feel like Chili's gotta be town because there's no way scum would act so dopey on day 1.

You'd be surprised

• Locked thread