Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

whats for dinner posted:

I don't get it :confused:
neither

Bifauxnen throwing out weird/obscure references (I'm assuming that's a reference to something) to confuse us.

##vote Bifauxnen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Anidav posted:

Mills name contains 5 letters
His tag contains 4 lines
5 - 4 = 1
5 - 1 = 4

His game finished 2 days ago
4 x 2 = 8

= 48

48 is the number of times Mills has been lynched for being scum.

This is number 49.

But to the contrary, 49 is an Angel Number

Mills is Town.

Mithranderp posted:

Bifauxnen throwing out weird/obscure references (I'm assuming that's a reference to something) to confuse us.

haaahaha, and here I thought you were playing more serious early on, what with the helpful reminder of avoiding roleclaims

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

i can't wait till d3 or d4 when milky is going all 'a beautiful mind' with transformers names.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

Matthew Beet posted:

i can't wait till d3 or d4 when milky is going all 'a beautiful mind' with transformers names.

Only if he is scum and off his game. It was a massive distraction last time and ultimately meaningless. I'd be suss on anyone trying to do it again tbh.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Anidav (3): Mills, Splode, black_tangled
SKY COQ (1): Anidav
Bifauxnen (1): Mithranderp
Milky Moor (1): Tirade

Not Voting (14): Bifauxnen, dj-bbq, Freudian Slip, Gwynplaine, hiddenmovement, Kat Delacour, Matthew Beet, Milky Moor, MysticalMachineGun, Old Dirty Cumburgs, SKY COQ, Small Keating, Those On My Left, whats for dinner

With 20 alive, it's 11 votes to lynch. The current deadline is February 17th, 2015 at 9 p.m. EST -- that's in about 6 hours, 17 minutes.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
:siren: A reminder: no posting after hammer, no posting in other threads. :siren:

Also Hiddenmovement still haven't heard from you.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Bifauxnen posted:

haaahaha, and here I thought you were playing more serious early on, what with the helpful reminder of avoiding roleclaims

##vote Mithranderp

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

Bifauxnen posted:

A girl's gotta have fun somehow :shrug:

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

Asphyxious posted:

:siren: A reminder: no posting after hammer, no posting in other threads. :siren:

Also Hiddenmovement still haven't heard from you.

I live

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Plz don't kill me town, I want to play and be baller like Mills.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug

You need to turn on your pms so that Bif can invite you to the scumdoc.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

hiddenmovement posted:

I live function

Get it right, robo-scrub.

Tirade posted:

:siren:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Tirade posted:

There's only one way you would know this.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Anidav posted:

:stare:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Looks like someone wants a certain gang tag.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Matthew Beet posted:

Looks like someone wants a certain gang tag.

:cumpolice: ?

whats for dinner
Sep 25, 2006

IT TURN OUT METAL FOR DINNER!

Tirade posted:

Angling for another d1 lynch, eh?

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Anidav posted:

I dunno, this is written in a way that infers an external perspective - that you are a separate entity to the town and pleading to them. It could be a subconscious slip. Also happy to admit I may be reading too much into it, it just twigged something for me.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Kat Delacour posted:

I dunno, this is written in a way that infers an external perspective - that you are a separate entity to the town and pleading to them. It could be a subconscious slip. Also happy to admit I may be reading too much into it, it just twigged something for me.

Not another forensic linguist!! :)

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I've seen that work both ways before but I tend to prefer voting people for it. I'm comfortable with my vote for now!!

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Mills posted:

I've seen that work both ways before but I tend to prefer voting people for it. I'm comfortable with my vote for now!!

What? The third person writing or joining the :cumpolice: ?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Kat Delacour posted:

The fact that you put analysis into this lovely day one post implies that you are putting in a small effort to out-town the town.

Auspol town always gets into a shitflinging frenzy on day one where a large majority of the posts are jabs, jokes or meaningless. You however have come to stand out and try being a helpful town on day 1.

You are either reading too much into this or are scummy for the fact that you're trying to fish hard out of day one posts.

Framing the argument is a key part of a mafia team, do it too early and too often and you will get lynched.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Ruined_forever

Required reading

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Anidav posted:

The fact that you put analysis into this lovely day one post implies that you are putting in a small effort to out-town the town.

Auspol town always gets into a shitflinging frenzy on day one where a large majority of the posts are jabs, jokes or meaningless. You however have come to stand out and try being a helpful town on day 1.

You are either reading too much into this or are scummy for the fact that you're trying to fish hard out of day one posts.

Framing the argument is a key part of a mafia team, do it too early and too often and you will get lynched.

Lol

##vote Anidav

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Anidav posted:

Yes.

But Kat is also hyper analytical, developing auspols first mafia spreadsheet in like auspol game #4 ever that a lot of players have since imitated but kept secret.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Kat Delacour posted:

Anidav always does dumb appeals to town though, because he is bad at the game (I didn't play in the last two games where apparently he was good. I don't believe it for a second.)

Anidav posted:

This sort of panicked defensive stuff is super suss dude.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Let's just lynch Anidav. :shrug:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I think Kat had the first meltdown too?

Anyhow. Good times.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Yeah I was the first meltdown, which is part of why I'm on a strict no-spreadsheet diet and just trying to gently caress around and read between the lines.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Anidav posted:

Oh, how I have been there.

I do think it's worth trying to poke people and go fishing for little tells like that though, even on D1. If only because there's not much else you can do, besides the usual joking around. Even if the original tell is pretty bogus, the reaction that follows may be more revealing instead.

Using it to "frame the argument" and pushing it way too seriously for D1 might be going overboard and be a scumtell though, I agree. However, this reply sounds like a very toned-down OMGUS to me.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Mills posted:

I always struggle with gamblers fallacy though.

##vote anidav

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Because you guys have a habit of lynching me even when I play good :v:

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Matthew Beet posted:

I always struggle with gamblers fallacy though.

##vote anidav

something something leading you to ruin

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Mills posted:

This man seems very compelling, and he has a fanclub.

## vote anidav

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Anidav's theory of day 1 death

More posters = Less thinking

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Old Dirty Cumburgs posted:

This man seems very compelling, and he has a fanclub.

## vote anidav

I don't think it works if there is a space between ## and vote

Don't edit your post though, new guy, that's against the rules. Just try again.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Votecount for Day 1

Anidav (6): Mills, Splode, black_tangled, Kat Delacour, Matthew Beet, Old Dirty Cumburgs
SKY COQ (1): Anidav
Bifauxnen (1): Mithranderp
Milky Moor (1): Tirade
Mithranderp (1): Those On My Left

Not Voting (10): Bifauxnen, dj-bbq, Freudian Slip, Gwynplaine, hiddenmovement, Milky Moor, MysticalMachineGun, SKY COQ, Small Keating, whats for dinner

With 20 alive, it's 11 votes to lynch. The current deadline is February 17th, 2015 at 9 p.m. EST -- that's in about 4 hours, 14 minutes.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Anidav posted:

Anidav's theory of day 1 death

More posters = Less thinking

My theory of day 1 death is

More votes for Anidav = less Anidav posts

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Splode posted:

Looks like it worked.

So just over 4 hours to lynch, and 5 votes to hammer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Splode posted:

It looks like I'm wrong, nvm

• Locked thread