Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Splode posted:

I don't think it works if there is a space between ## and vote

Don't edit your post though, new guy, that's against the rules. Just try again.

Looks like it worked! Science presses on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

##vote Anidav

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Splode continues leading the dickhead brigade against me :shrug:

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak
I thought that Mith's deliberate misunderstanding of Bif's post earlier was interesting, for the record.

Or Mith was just being really dumb.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

*trapped, under fire, Anidav tries to figure a way out of his predicament*

"YOU'RE ALL DICKHEADS!" he cries.

"Why are they still shooting at me?"

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Anidav posted:

Because you guys have a habit of lynching me even when I play good :v:

You played good once and we didn't lynch you.

Looks like we won't make THAT mistake again.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Is the angry smurf like the angry pirate? Cos that would be a short treasure hunt.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Oh dear Urban smurf, I apologise.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

Oh, how I have been there.

I do think it's worth trying to poke people and go fishing for little tells like that though, even on D1. If only because there's not much else you can do, besides the usual joking around. Even if the original tell is pretty bogus, the reaction that follows may be more revealing instead.

Using it to "frame the argument" and pushing it way too seriously for D1 might be going overboard and be a scumtell though, I agree. However, this reply sounds like a very toned-down OMGUS to me.

Auspol has really loose definitions of an omgus I've noticed.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

Splode posted:

I thought that Mith's deliberate misunderstanding of Bif's post earlier was interesting, for the record.

Or Mith was just being really dumb.

Nah I just didn't understand the reference to urban smurf(?) and was trying to have fun by humorously pretending it was scummy :( and throwing d1 votes around to see what happens.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Matthew Beet posted:

You played good once and we didn't lynch you.

Looks like we won't make THAT mistake again.

Revenge killing is anti-town.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Anidav posted:

It's because I am out to get you. Every vote against you makes me cackle with glee.
I'M YOUR WORST MAFIA NIGHTMARE

you're a dope.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Kat Delacour posted:

Oh dear Urban smurf, I apologise.

Urban smurf is the one with the glasses and scarf I thought.

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Anidav posted:

See, calling me a dickhead isn't making me feel any worse about this.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Mithranderp posted:

Nah I just didn't understand the reference to urban smurf(?) and was trying to have fun by humorously pretending it was scummy :( and throwing d1 votes around to see what happens.

Oh I thought it was the reference to angel numbers that bif only brought up because Anidav did (loving lol Anidav, Mr White Noise. This is one of the reasons you get turbo'd).

The shocking twist is it is me being really dumb!

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Day 1 is full of jokes and white noise and I thought my angel numbers post was pretty funny. I'd be worried about Auspol if Day 1 wasn't full of poo poo.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

TEST RESULT

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Before this lynch train gets really rolling into hammertime here, how are you Mafia newbies doing? Maybe tell us a bit about yourselves, I guess? (Note: this does not include roleclaims, maybe like, your outlook on life, if you like beetroot and/or pineapple on your burgers, or something innocuous like that.)

Oh, about Urban Smurf, he's a poster in this thread I've been following, about a real-life treasure hunt that's been unsolved for 30 years. He pretty much does straight-up impressions of A Beautiful Mind. Worth a read, there's one reasonable guy at least who's onto a very good lead, and about to go digging soon. (once the snow lets up there in the States, at least)

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Bifauxnen posted:

Before this lynch train gets really rolling into hammertime here, how are you Mafia newbies doing? Maybe tell us a bit about yourselves, I guess? (Note: this does not include roleclaims, maybe like, your outlook on life, if you like beetroot and/or pineapple on your burgers, or something innocuous like that.)

Oh, about Urban Smurf, he's a poster in this thread I've been following, about a real-life treasure hunt that's been unsolved for 30 years. He pretty much does straight-up impressions of A Beautiful Mind. Worth a read, there's one reasonable guy at least who's onto a very good lead, and about to go digging soon. (once the snow lets up there in the States, at least)

Hi! I'm the Cumburglar. I like posting about burgers (I don't know what a beetroot is!), posting in chat threads, and being a relaxed dude. I have fun playing with friends on the internet.

I'm happy to be here! :D

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Old Dirty Cumburgs posted:

Hi! I'm the Cumburglar. I like posting about burgers (I don't know what a beetroot is!), posting in chat threads, and being a relaxed dude. I have fun playing with friends on the internet.

Also, your cum is not safe so just be aware of that.

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

black_tangled posted:

Also, your cum is not safe so just be aware of that.

Well yeah. If you know a Cat-Burglar, you cats are not safe. If you know a home-burglar, your home is not safe. It's a pretty simple formula.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Can you guys calm down and let me live :v:

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Anidav posted:

Can you guys calm down and let me live :v:

Not after what you did.

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

"I'm an archivist. I'm archiving."
take it as a compliment

##vote Anidav

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Lets be honest here, this is a stupidly safe scum move. Using a previous game's result to fuel a lynch (Splode holding an immature grudge aside) is extremely safe and should be punished by questioning those who try it.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug

##unvote

##vote Old Dirty Cumburgs

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

There one was a poster called Anidav
And Mafia "skills" he did have
A new game was started
His life quickly martyred
But immortalised somewhere in a .wav

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Revenge killing is bad move, this is a new game with new circumstances. I will not catch lightning in a bottle twice and do a scum touchdown this time. (because I am not scum)

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Tirade posted:

##unvote

That's racist!

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Tirade posted:

##unvote

I am sorry for my ignorance.

This is the burger I had yesterday:

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
:shrug:

##vote anidav

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

I am sorry for my ignorance.

This is the burger I had yesterday:

Yeah it'd be better with beetroot.

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Splode posted:

Yeah it'd be better with beetroot.

I am absolutely certain you are right.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
##vote Mills

y not

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
So that's 2 votes to hammer, right? We could probably wait for another hour or two.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
Hi

I selll vidyo games for a living

I am currently trying to figure out how my pushbikes rear axle goes together

I post a lot in the footy thread

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

As much as Anidav might be a great candidate for the D1 lynch we're looking at a pretty bland setup for D2 if no one's going to talk about some other options. There should be some more fights going on by now! Is this what happens when I stop flinging around like 5 votes a day? Peace and harmony?!

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug
Seriouschat though I'm in no hurry to lynch - as it stands now we've got no real info to go on tomorrow if anidav flips town. The run on him has moved surprisingly fast and for no reason other than he squeals loud when under pressure. It's got me suspicious.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Looks like Gaspy's mafia games are cursed.

##vote Anidav

This will be the second Transformers Mafia where you guys have done this. It is a bad move.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Unvote and repent and I might actually be helpful for you guys on a day that isn't numbered 1.

• Locked thread