Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
whats for dinner
Sep 25, 2006

IT TURN OUT METAL FOR DINNER!

I'll all for D1 lynch on anidav but are there any other posters who haven't checked in yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak
WHY.

Why would you vote for yourself?

Tirade posted:

Seriouschat though I'm in no hurry to lynch - as it stands now we've got no real info to go on tomorrow if anidav flips town. The run on him has moved surprisingly fast and for no reason other than he squeals loud when under pressure. It's got me suspicious.

We're literally talking about how things are moving too fast and you vote for yourself?

Either you're scum and you know you're hosed so you're shutting down discussion or you're still abysmally bad at this game.

##unvote

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug

Anidav posted:

Unvote and repent and I might actually be helpful for you guys on a day that isn't numbered 1.

Is this a role claim?

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

Bifauxnen posted:

As much as Anidav might be a great candidate for the D1 lynch we're looking at a pretty bland setup for D2 if no one's going to talk about some other options. There should be some more fights going on by now! Is this what happens when I stop flinging around like 5 votes a day? Peace and harmony?!

That's why I voted you! I wanted to get into a slapfight with someone first :(

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

Tirade posted:

Is this a role claim?

I can fly, let me fly.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

Anidav posted:

I can fly, let me fly.

A day 1 role claim. Anime David, how have you learnt nothing? Not that I believe your claim either, you've claimed vanilla and a role in the same game in a desperate attempt to not get lynched, so it's a Boy Who Cried Wolf scenario anyway.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

As much as Anidav might be a great candidate for the D1 lynch we're looking at a pretty bland setup for D2 if no one's going to talk about some other options. There should be some more fights going on by now! Is this what happens when I stop flinging around like 5 votes a day? Peace and harmony?!

yeah, i'll clarify i'm always a d1 lynch advocate, but a comedy lynch doesn't achieve as much as everyone thinks it does.

but

Anidav posted:

Looks like Gaspy's mafia games are cursed.

##vote Anidav

This will be the second Transformers Mafia where you guys have done this. It is a bad move.

Anidav posted:

Unvote and repent and I might actually be helpful for you guys on a day that isn't numbered 1.

then he goes and pulls the same poo poo that's gotten him killed in every game he's tried it in.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Splode you are ill informed for not following the previous 2 mafia games.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Matthew Beet posted:

then he goes and pulls the same poo poo that's gotten him killed in every game he's tried it in.
gently caress, if only I had some sort of document to run my posts through with other people!

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I think he's scum. :shrug:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Anidav posted:

gently caress, if only I had some sort of document to run my posts through with other people!

well you're not going to get anywhere in mafia if you need an approval process for your posting.

and if you need an approval process for your posting you're trying to cultivate a particular image / post in a certain style. that's not very town like bro.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Anidav posted:

I can fly, let me fly.

Swoop?

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
Anidav, if we don't vote for you, who should we vote for instead (and why?).

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

whats for dinner posted:

I'll all for D1 lynch on anidav but are there any other posters who haven't checked in yet?

i can't be bothered checking 20 posters but here:

1. Anidav
  2. Bifauxnen
  3. black_tangled
  4. dj-bbq
  5. Freudian Slip
  6. Gwynplaine
  7. hiddenmovement
  8. Kat Delacour
  9. Matthew Beet
  10. Milky Moor
  11. Mills
  12. Mithranderp
  13. MysticalMachineGun
  14. Old Dirty Cumburgs
  15. SKY COQ
  16. Small Keating
  17. Splode
  18. Those On My Left
  19. Tirade
  20. whats for dinner

and post count

Matthew Beet 27
Anidav 21
Splode 18
Mills 16
Asphyxious 12
black_tangled 11
Small Keating 10
Old Dirty Cumburgs 9
Mithranderp 9
Tirade 9
Bifauxnen 9
Kat Delacour 9
whats for dinner 7
Those On My Left 7
MysticalMachineGun 7
Milky Moor 6
Freudian Slip 5
hiddenmovement 5
dj-bbq 3
Gwynplaine 3
SKY COQ 3

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug

Mills posted:

I think he's scum. :shrug:

Can you explain why?

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

He's too insecure.

He's more of a silverbolt

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Mithranderp posted:

Anidav, if we don't vote for you, who should we vote for instead (and why?).

Joke killing me is anti-town a death that will mean nothing. For one, yeah I know you guys from the last game have a loose voting finger to vote for me where you failed to do so before but do you really thing Gaspy would make it that easy for you? To make me scum twice in a row? Realistically, it isn't the case.

Look elsewhere or make a bad day one move. the choice is yours.

##unvote

-Last post of the day-

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I think his threats sound fake. Like it will be our MAJOR LOSS for him to be voted out.

How do you feel about him?

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Anidav posted:

Joke killing me is anti-town a death that will mean nothing. For one, yeah I know you guys from the last game have a loose voting finger to vote for me where you failed to do so before but do you really thing Gaspy would make it that easy for you? To make me scum twice in a row? Realistically, it isn't the case.

##unvote

-Last post of the day-

Which brings me back to my original question: if we don't vote for you, who should we vote for instead (and why?).

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

I always wondered if teams were chosen randomly.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

black_tangled posted:

I always wondered if teams were chosen randomly.

you mean who are scum and who are town? they are.

i think last game though gaspy hand picked some roles for some people.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Matthew Beet posted:

you mean who are scum and who are town? they are.

i think last game though gaspy hand picked some roles for some people.

So Anidavs "I was scum last game" argument is bullshit... I see...

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

black_tangled posted:

So Anidavs "I was scum last game" argument is bullshit... I see...

Gaspy's games have traditionally handpicked roles.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Can I vote for him even though I'm not in this game

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Mithranderp posted:

Which brings me back to my original question: if we don't vote for you, who should we vote for instead (and why?).

Nobody is an expert yet, everyone is waiting for the more serious and beefy posts to appear. Killing me day 1 is the smartest scum move because the leftover envy from the last game will fuel town to agree as well.

If you ask me, look at all the people who have voted for me without explanation or worse, an emoticon.

Okay seriously, no more posting today. Please let me live, bye.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Anidav posted:

##unvote

-Last post of the day-

Starts off promising, but the gambler's fallacy stuff isn't really a good argument. Okay, Gaspy has specially cast a few particular role abilities in his last game - which doesn't guarantee it's the case this game - but that's a whole separate issue to picking the scum. Picking out certain people to be scum, rather than doing it randomly, is usually a really, really, bad idea. The idea is anybody could be scum. Even if it's some guy who's been scum the last 5 games in a row. It could happen again, you never know. You just don't know! :supaburn:

For instance, if I was running the game and rolled Anidav in the scumteam, rather than actually undo it so people could start guessing whether or not it was fair to make him easy-D1-target scum, I'd balance it out by adding on another (random!) scum instead, or maybe boosting the rest of the scumteam's abilities.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Bifauxnen posted:

Okay, Gaspy has specially cast a few particular role abilities in his last game - which doesn't guarantee it's the case this game

You are wrong. He has done so this game.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Mills posted:

I think his threats sound fake. Like it will be our MAJOR LOSS for him to be voted out.

How do you feel about him?

I don't know to be honest. In the last transformers game game gaspy actually made him a cop pretty much as a gag because it was almost certain he was getting d1 lynched, and that's exactly what happened. He flipped out in much the same way that time too. I was scum that game and used the "gently caress off, you horrible player" as an excuse to join the dogpile.

I'm a firm believer in the fact that day one lynches are 99% chance, so I think anidav has maybe a 20-25% chance of being scum. I'm hesitant to vote for him because without any alternatives or counter proposals we'll have learned nothing from the day and may as well have dropped the hammer at 9:15 this morning.

One other thing - Anidav if you flip vanilla town I won't ever come in to bat for you again.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

What was Gaspy's last game? I will go read Anidav's contributions.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Mills posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3695636&pagenumber=1

voila

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Hmmm, ok.

I think the rush on Anidav is pretty manufactured, plus if we keep him overnight we can give him the chance to prove his quasi role claim.

Still a few hours to get a vote in. Do we have other options?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Mills posted:

we turbo'd him day 1, he flipped town cop and was all smug.

end of game gaspy reveals he was a paranoid (insane?) cop.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

SKY COQ posted:

Hmmm, ok.

I think the rush on Anidav is pretty manufactured, plus if we keep him overnight we can give him the chance to prove his quasi role claim.

We could look at the ones that came in, dumped a vote, and haven't said much of anything since? But as far as I can perceive, anidav is our best bet for a day 1 lynch (as in, most likely to get enough votes).

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

SKY COQ posted:

Hmmm, ok.

"Hi I'm Coq, I post wishy washy poo poo like this to try and cover my arse if the lynchee flips town. I do this because I'm concerned people will think I'm too late jumping in on a lynch if i jump on now. I don't realise that in doing so, this does the opposite of what i wanted and draws attention to me. You can tell this post is white noise, because I don't offer anything of worth up and instead ask everyone else to make suggestions, giving the illusion i'm helping."

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I don't like the way he asks if we have other options. He can't throw a vote down himself? Smells like sitting on your hands and letting someone else doing your dirty work.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Anidav posted:

SCUM HERE
##vote SKY COQ

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

"Let me get this straight..."
Something about this seems fishy, but I'm too stupid to put the pieces together. I think Mills is up to something.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

dj-bbq, Gwynplaine and Small Keating have all been pretty silent/white noisey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Add Milky, Hiddenmovement, Freudian Slip to the white noise list.

• Locked thread