Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Abyssal Squid posted:

This is probably gonna bite me in the rear end but I feel like Chili's gotta be town because there's no way scum would act so dopey on day 1.

Oh, no. I'm always this horrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Actually, hold on.

Opopanax posted:

You'd be surprised

Have you ever seen me as scum?

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Opopanax posted:

You'd be surprised

That's where it turns around and bites me in the rear end!

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Nevermind. That's a horribly stupid question to ask.

Opop, let's be buds.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
ok!!

Chili you should vote for Rarity instead of flexing your meta that would be way stale even if it did exist. You should do that because she did a thing at the start of the day that was supes scummy.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Ecco what do you think of Byers?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Chili posted:

Nevermind. That's a horribly stupid question to ask.

Opop, let's be buds.

Ok. Chili can I borrow $50?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Asiina posted:

Ecco what do you think of Byers?

His weaksauce defense of Rarity will look a lot worse if and when Rarity flips scum, but otherwise I don't feel too strongly about him either way.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

EccoRaven posted:

His weaksauce defense of Rarity will look a lot worse if and when Rarity flips scum, but otherwise I don't feel too strongly about him either way.

Byers did the exact same thing, almost word for word, that Rarity did.

Rarity posted:

I haven't played Skyrim in years, who is Hadvar? Is he cool? Am I cool?

Byers2142 posted:

My role says I'm Mirmulnir; is that a cool character?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Asiina posted:

Byers did the exact same thing, almost word for word, that Rarity did.

Yeah but he did it after Rarity; combined with his weak defense of her, if Rarity flips scum, I'm thinking it was hasty damage control.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

EccoRaven posted:

Yeah but he did it after Rarity; combined with his weak defense of her, if Rarity flips scum, I'm thinking it was hasty damage control.

This makes a lot of sense. I'm thinking they're probably both scum. I'd vote byers first though bc if Rarity is posting stuff like that thinking we don't know its fakeclaiming, they're probably pretty dumb/weak (sorrynotsorry) and I'd rather get the strong player out first.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
but then again I'm a total noob and maybe don't know what I'm talking about

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

EccoRaven posted:

ok!!

Chili you should vote for Rarity instead of flexing your meta that would be way stale even if it did exist. You should do that because she did a thing at the start of the day that was supes scummy.

I have no meta. I'm just saying I'm dumb.

Also, I'm likely not going to be able to make it in to work tomorrow cause of the snow.

Just warning you all, if that happens, I will be unbearable.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Opopanax posted:

Ok. Chili can I borrow $50?

What's your paypal?

Glockenapfel
Mar 9, 2013

Mirmulnir is an rear end in a top hat.

##vote Byers

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Chili posted:

I have no meta. I'm just saying I'm dumb.

disagree, Town Poster Chili, I think you are smart and funny :) :) :)

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Chili posted:

What's your paypal?

You are! :downs:

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Great. Now we can make this drat thing happen. 6% vig.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

I don't really like the case against Rarity either because fakeclaiming on your first contentpost seems like a super dumb thing to do, but straight-up claiming your actual flavor is pretty dumb too. If you don't know who your character is, ask outside the thread! Ask someone who has nothing to do with SA so there's no chance of spoiling the jury.

I'd rather vote for a lurker than somebody who's said anything at all, but with 10 votes to kill I don't know if it'd be possible to build a bandwagon on someone in particular in time. I'll vote for Rarity or Byers if it'll make 'em claim, though, or if nobody better comes along.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

Abyssal Squid posted:

I'd rather vote for a lurker than somebody who's said anything at all, but with 10 votes to kill I don't know if it'd be possible to build a bandwagon on someone in particular in time. I'll vote for Rarity or Byers if it'll make 'em claim, though, or if nobody better comes along.

A lurker vote is pretty bad, especially on D1.

Glockenapfel
Mar 9, 2013

Abyssal Squid posted:

I don't really like the case against Rarity either because fakeclaiming on your first contentpost seems like a super dumb thing to do, but straight-up claiming your actual flavor is pretty dumb too. If you don't know who your character is, ask outside the thread! Ask someone who has nothing to do with SA so there's no chance of spoiling the jury.

So you don't like x, but also not y, and here's some obvious advice. Will vote for people to force them to claim (what?), but would lunch a lurker or pretty much anybody.

You got my vote. ##vote Squid

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

That's my inexperience showing through then. I guess there's still plenty of time for more people to come around and share their two cents, but in the meantime I looked at Rarity's posts again and everything after Ecco's "aha your scum is showing!" feels like trying to hope that people ignore Ecco without having to contribute anything herself. That makes me feel a little better about the case.

Glockenapfel
Mar 9, 2013

I'm pretty sure Rarity has a history of early claims for no reason. I'd expect more from Byers though. However your posting is the scummiest thus far.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Glockenapfel posted:

I'm pretty sure Rarity has a history of early claims for no reason. I'd expect more from Byers though. However your posting is the scummiest thus far.

[citation needed]

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
It came up Female Breton Illusionist/indirect.

Getting in to make her now.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

I've played in a couple of games before, but day 1 is still really confusing to me, especially since there's been clear choices before (like the guy saying "hey we shouldn't kill anyone on day 1"). I mostly to see everybody say something before I jump on the first bandwagon of the game.

Glockenapfel
Mar 9, 2013

Asiina posted:

[citation needed]

Ugh, don't make me look up games. I just have this mental image of reading nonsensical early claims from Rarity.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Abyssal Squid posted:

This is pretty limp IMO

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

To clarify since I don't mean to be a shitposter: I think "X is dumb, but X is dumb too" is just kinda pointless, particularly when referring to a joke phase post. If Rarity is scum, I'm willing to bet that's not even her provided fakeclaim. Then you state willingness to make a lurker vote, which is a soft option pretty much all the time. Then you're encouraging day 1 claims? Really?

##vote Abyssal Squid

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Squid is town.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Well gently caress with two confirmed town I better slow my roll ##unvote

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

j/k ##vote Abyssal Squid

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

I think I've got expectations set way too high for what town can accomplish on day 1. :I

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

##vote Rarity

I agree with Ecco. At first I though, too dumb to be scum, then I remembered that's not a thing. Feels like it came from a place of forced confusion.

I also think Ecco and Chili are both fairly town (Hi Chili!)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Glockenapfel posted:

I'm pretty sure Rarity has a history of early claims for no reason.

Yeah, if we're actually going to take Ecco's case seriously then I have to point out claiming flavour on D1 is a thing I just do sometimes. Utopfia is a recent example of this.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

This makes a lot of sense. I'm thinking they're probably both scum. I'd vote byers first though bc if Rarity is posting stuff like that thinking we don't know its fakeclaiming, they're probably pretty dumb/weak (sorrynotsorry) and I'd rather get the strong player out first.

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

but then again I'm a total noob and maybe don't know what I'm talking about

This is some serious hedging. ANarc, is this your first game?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Rarity posted:

Yeah, if we're actually going to take Ecco's case seriously then I have to point out claiming flavour on D1 is a thing I just do sometimes. Utopfia is a recent example of this.

which doesn't actually invalidate my point at all if you were given fakeclaims

Good Sir
Oct 19, 2008
Hi, I'm confirming. Sorry for lurking first day, I had a lot going on but will have free time daily for the remainder of the game. I've kept up with the thread. I'm pretty new to mafia, I played two or three games a long time ago and this is my second game since then. No idea yet who to vote first day.

EXAKT Science posted:

Flavor will likely offer clues to role and/or alignment, so be VERY careful about making flavor arguments or claiming your flavor. If you really want to, you can, but don't say you weren't warned.
:P

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
So I made her but my screenshots are horked up for some reason. Im up to just getting into The first little dungeon where you get the golden claw for that guy.

Ive decided to go one handed/magic So I have a nice steel mace I found and I managed to get a decent array of useful spells that are not destruction.

I have the illusion spells clairvoyance, Fury, and Soothe
Ive also been using restoration and alteration for healing and buffs for the sake of my sanity.
Combat has been mostly just casting fury from afar so the enemies attack each other and the remaining one comes after me and I kill it with my mace in one good power hit.

The frostfall stuff is cool and you look neat with the full array of cold weather gear and camping gear.

I found a robe of lesser restoration and chose the mage guardian stone.

I sided with the imperial guy and am going to side with them all the way in the future.

Thats about it so far, I wish I had all the screenshots I took but oh well.

On to mafia

Its too early for this poo poo people.

All the serious arguments are dumb and stupid right now.

Sandwolf posted:

##vote Rarity

I agree with Ecco. At first I though, too dumb to be scum, then I remembered that's not a thing. Feels like it came from a place of forced confusion.

I also think Ecco and Chili are both fairly town (Hi Chili!)

This is a scummy post though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

EccoRaven posted:

which doesn't actually invalidate my point at all if you were given fakeclaims

It means you're taking a thing I do and saying it's scummy when it's just a thing I do.

• Locked thread