Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
SKY_COQ, while I do appreciate your hospitality, I can't help but notice your lack of desire to find alternatives yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Matthew Beet posted:

"Hi I'm Coq, I post wishy washy poo poo like this to try and cover my arse if the lynchee flips town. I do this because I'm concerned people will think I'm too late jumping in on a lynch if i jump on now. I don't realise that in doing so, this does the opposite of what i wanted and draws attention to me. You can tell this post is white noise, because I don't offer anything of worth up and instead ask everyone else to make suggestions, giving the illusion i'm helping."

Come off it. I'm happy to D1 lynch, but I want a better reason than "Anidav... Again".

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
And Cumburgs.

Basically almost half of players that haven't contributed much/at all.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Good job with that list of "how to be a good townie" Beet.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Anidav posted:

SKY_COQ, while I do appreciate your hospitality, I can't help but notice your lack of desire to find alternatives yourself.

And what of your alternatives?

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Freudian Slip posted:

take it as a compliment

##vote Anidav

Having decided I don't like this train on Anidav very much afterall, I have mostly arbitrarily chosen this vote as a lazy vote on Anidav. Typically scum want to fit in, but they don't like to say a lot for fear of not fitting in, so this short and sweet post from FS is a good example of what a scum might post to keep the train rolling on Anidav.

##vote FS

I urge others to do their own digging in a similar vein, rather than blindly following me onto FS.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Anidav posted:

I tossed around a couple of options as I was putting together that post but wasn't really convinced on any. Mills is, as ever, a good option, and one I'd consider. Bif not voting yet is par for the course, but she's been a bit quiet. And Old Dirty Cumbags is a dark horse.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

black_tangled posted:

And what of your alternatives?

I already said this, the people who voted for me with no explanation or an emoticon. Mithranderp is on the right track at the very least.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Mills is posting as usual and is probably town but I would love some pity from him for once.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug

Mills posted:

Having decided I don't like this train on Anidav very much afterall, I have mostly arbitrarily chosen this vote as a lazy vote on Anidav. Typically scum want to fit in, but they don't like to say a lot for fear of not fitting in, so this short and sweet post from FS is a good example of what a scum might post to keep the train rolling on Anidav.

##vote FS

I urge others to do their own digging in a similar vein, rather than blindly following me onto FS.

You'll need to spell it out, mafia expert.

If I had to choose, I'd vote for Beet, Kat or Milky. Beet because contrary to every other d1 he's not flinging poo poo everywhere like a monkey on crystal meth. He's content to turbo anidav which differs from the last few games. Kat or Milky for lazy dogpiles on the anidav train in the sweet spot of 4 or 5 votes in.

With that,

##unvote

##vote Matthew Beet

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Anidav posted:

Mills is posting as usual and is probably town but I would love some pity from him for once.

I was joke voting to begin with but stuck with it when the ball got rolling to see what poo poo got stirred. Then you were dropping hints about being able to fly and generally having a mini meltdown so still seems like as good a vote as any.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Mills posted:

Good job with that list of "how to be a good townie" Beet.

Oh yeah I forgot about that. Is it a decent list of basics for beginners?

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Tirade posted:

If I had to choose, I'd vote for Beet, Kat or Milky. Beet because contrary to every other d1 he's not flinging poo poo everywhere like a monkey on crystal meth. He's content to turbo anidav which differs from the last few games. Kat or Milky for lazy dogpiles on the anidav train in the sweet spot of 4 or 5 votes in.

With that,

##unvote

##vote Matthew Beet

This is another in a string of good points you've made. I'm content to go with this.

##vote Matthew Beet

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

black_tangled posted:

I was joke voting to begin with but stuck with it when the ball got rolling to see what poo poo got stirred. Then you were dropping hints about being able to fly and generally having a mini meltdown so still seems like as good a vote as any.

Huh, so where's that good posting you did last game? You seem very :shrug: for a town.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Matthew Beet posted:

Oh yeah I forgot about that. Is it a decent list of basics for beginners?

Yeah I really liked it. But let's not get too off on a tangent here. I want to focus on finding some scum!

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
TOML hasn't said much today at all--quite a change from last game. That being said I might just be suss on TOML because he voted me :colbert:

Mills posted:

##vote FS

I agree it's better to have an informed vote than blind bandwagon, but are we going to get a lynch going on anyone else in time?

Bif, TOML and Beet are all being uncharacteristically quiet this game (compared to last game at least).

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug

Anidav posted:

Huh, so where's that good posting you did last game? You seem very :shrug: for a town.

loving hell dude.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOdkcM-yR3M

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

The problem with Auspol games is usually people get characteristically quiet due to the game spanning across work days. It's REALLY hard to tell a quiet scum from a town with a day job.

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Mithranderp posted:

And Cumburgs.

Basically almost half of players that haven't contributed much/at all.

If you don't find my delicious hamburger to be substantial, I can't help you.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

*uncharacteristically

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Anidav posted:

This is deeply ironic when compared to

Anidav posted:

The fact that you put analysis into this lovely day one post implies that you are putting in a small effort to out-town the town.

Auspol town always gets into a shitflinging frenzy on day one where a large majority of the posts are jabs, jokes or meaningless. You however have come to stand out and try being a helpful town on day 1.

You are either reading too much into this or are scummy for the fact that you're trying to fish hard out of day one posts.

Framing the argument is a key part of a mafia team, do it too early and too often and you will get lynched.

Which is it? Effort post D1 or enjoy the jokes and go along for the ride?

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

SKY COQ posted:

This is another in a string of good points you've made. I'm content to go with this.

##vote Matthew Beet

So you're jumping on a vote for beet after this:

Matthew Beet posted:

"Hi I'm Coq, I post wishy washy poo poo like this to try and cover my arse if the lynchee flips town. I do this because I'm concerned people will think I'm too late jumping in on a lynch if i jump on now. I don't realise that in doing so, this does the opposite of what i wanted and draws attention to me. You can tell this post is white noise, because I don't offer anything of worth up and instead ask everyone else to make suggestions, giving the illusion i'm helping."

That's very defensive of you!

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Tirade posted:

With that,

##unvote

##vote Matthew Beet

Good post, this is how you do it.

Except you missed the part where i had just attacked coq, Or maybe you didn't miss that.

At least coq hasn't jumped on that band wa....

SKY COQ posted:

##vote Matthew Beet

Oh..

:v:

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

black_tangled posted:

This is deeply ironic when compared to

Which is it? Effort post D1 or enjoy the jokes and go along for the ride?

It's a bit of both, I only did that post because I've never played with that poster before; ever. I wanted to see a reaction which was... a vote for me and an understanding post from Bif.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Mills posted:

Yeah I really liked it. But let's not get too off on a tangent here. I want to focus on finding some scum!

nah no tangent. i just didn't know if that was sarcasm. :hfive:

back on target.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Tirade posted:

m8 you've done nothing but throw out votes blindly and defend Anidav. I voted because of a super suss outburst triggered by my first foray into D1 guesswork.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

My earlier posts sucked, sorry town.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Mithranderp posted:

Bif, TOML and Beet are all being uncharacteristically quiet this game (compared to last game at least).

super quiet..

User Posts
Matthew Beet 35
Anidav 35
Mills 23
Splode 19
black_tangled 17
Mithranderp 17
Tirade 13
Asphyxious 12
Old Dirty Cumburgs 10
Small Keating 10
Bifauxnen 10
Kat Delacour 10
whats for dinner 7
Milky Moor 7
Those On My Left 7
MysticalMachineGun 7
SKY COQ 7
hiddenmovement 6
Freudian Slip 5
Gwynplaine 4
dj-bbq 3
votefinder 2
tithin 1

Pin drop quiet.

last game i bounced off gaspy and toml a hell of a lot on the first day so my posting was quite high.

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Anidav posted:

##unvote

Apology accepted. But you better not be playing us for a fiddle.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Matthew Beet posted:

Good post, this is how you do it.

Except you missed the part where i had just attacked coq, Or maybe you didn't miss that.

At least coq hasn't jumped on that band wa....

Oh..

:v:

Don't get precious, your vote hasn't moved from anidav. If you honestly think mine and coqs vote is a scum move as opposed to a decent d1 guess then move your vote accordingly.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
With a timed day what happens if without a hammer - do we just forfeit our coin flip lynch?

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Kat Delacour posted:

With a timed day what happens if without a hammer - do we just forfeit our coin flip lynch?

Yep.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Anidav posted:

Last-minute "mea culpa"? Interesting ploy.

We have Tirade and Coq voting for Beet in very quick succession after Beet expressed suspicion at Coq's posting. Interesting

Matthew Beet posted:

super quiet..

User Posts
Matthew Beet 35
Anidav 35
Mills 23
Splode 19
black_tangled 17
Mithranderp 17
Tirade 13
Asphyxious 12
Old Dirty Cumburgs 10
Small Keating 10
Bifauxnen 10
Kat Delacour 10
whats for dinner 7
Milky Moor 7
Those On My Left 7
MysticalMachineGun 7
SKY COQ 7
hiddenmovement 6
Freudian Slip 5
Gwynplaine 4
dj-bbq 3
votefinder 2
tithin 1

Pin drop quiet.

last game i bounced off gaspy and toml a hell of a lot on the first day so my posting was quite high.

That's why I said "compared to last game"--not meaning to pin you as being a quiet poster in general, just noting that there was a difference in it.

Anyway, how long have we got to get a lynch? Votefinder's saying 2 hours. With that in mind (assuming people just don't come in and pile on Anidav super quick before more discussion can be had) ##vote Anidav

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
I have no idea of my role yet due to the lateness of my pm activation

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

hiddenmovement posted:

I have no idea of my role yet due to the lateness of my pm activation

##vote hiddenmovement

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Tirade posted:

Don't get precious, your vote hasn't moved from anidav. If you honestly think mine and coqs vote is a scum move as opposed to a decent d1 guess then move your vote accordingly.

that's hardly precious.

I was more trying to point out to coq what constitutes a good post instead of a wishy washy white noise and then he follows up with an omgus-lite

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Mithranderp posted:

We have Tirade and Coq voting for Beet in very quick succession after Beet expressed suspicion at Coq's posting. Interesting

That's why I said "compared to last game"--not meaning to pin you as being a quiet poster in general, just noting that there was a difference in it.

Anyway, how long have we got to get a lynch? Votefinder's saying 2 hours. With that in mind (assuming people just don't come in and pile on Anidav super quick before more discussion can be had) ##vote Anidav

nah that's fine.

i was more aggressive last game, though 90% of it was directed at gaspy.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Oh yeah it's already 7pm. I'll go Coq instead of FS. Don't like the way he jumps around.

##vote Coq

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Mills posted:

Oh yeah it's already 7pm. I'll go Coq instead of FS. Don't like the way he jumps around.

##vote Coq

That's the second time you've coqed up voting. Aren't you supposed to be a mafia pro?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Anyway GOOD TOWN MODE ACTIVATE: FORM OF GOOD POSTING.

Kat Delacour posted:

m8 you've done nothing but throw out votes blindly and defend Anidav. I voted because of a super suss outburst triggered by my first foray into D1 guesswork.

He was scum with me in the previous Auspol game. Both Bif and Tirade have shown mercy for me so far and this is probably because I am a former comrade to them. It could also be a scumtell but I would like you to know that the previous game had us 3 and Avshalom who isn't playing on a scum team. I believe this to be a vital piece of information if you are trying to form a conclusion on the quoted poster.

Splode posted:

So you're jumping on a vote for beet after this:

That's very defensive of you!

Correct, this does appear to me to be a defensive action. He is merely lucky Tirade posted first which makes it appear slightly less defensive. A link between Tirade and Sky_Coq is probable but wouldn't be revealled so early unless portions of the scum team are inexperienced and no co-coordinating posts.

Mills posted:

##vote FS

Thank you.

Digging further; A vote on me has a very mixed message. For one most of the votes were locked in, without a message. It's basically "It sure is good to be town" in voting form. It kills me and no one has dirty hands.

Mithranderp posted:

If your think I have any ploys in play at the moment then you over-estimate my abilities. The numbers are high because they most likely involve the entire scum team; I by no means see it as a death sentence. Just a fact that there are eager factions at play.

• Locked thread